Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:56 AM

Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? (11811 Views)

UNN Zoology Students Afraid To Carry Snakes During Practical Class (Video) / Pls Advice, Which One Is Better Btw BSC Chemistry, Food Science / OPTOMETRY Or Medical Lab Science, Which Should I Put In For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by erenax: 10:02am On Nov 27, 2017
Kylekent59:
Oga, go make money.

From where
Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by Dething: 10:05am On Nov 27, 2017
If you can still give your first choice of pharmacy another trial, that will be great. There is nothing like fulfilment. Satisfying your conscience is the greatest filling in life. And if you fill you cant wait to try again, then go for food science. Opportunities abound there in.

Please if you know you don't have plans to leave Nigeria, don't bother about zoology.
Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by dfrost: 10:05am On Nov 27, 2017
It depends on some factors.
Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by Bennyark(m): 10:06am On Nov 27, 2017
with the growing population... The world is going to b be conscious of what they eat even as it relates to the kind of Food that we come across both new, good bad n ugly... we all want a good health n being careful with what goes through our mouth should be top on the list as to enjoying that.

Food science please...

Zoology has very lil prospects in the Country...

1 Like

Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by SpaceAngel: 10:09am On Nov 27, 2017
One advice don't go for a course you don't have passion for.
Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by Ellixlimswag(m): 10:09am On Nov 27, 2017
nigerian na zoo na you can be president
Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by onunwa21(m): 10:13am On Nov 27, 2017
Do u remember Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, he studied zoology. He is a great man. My neighbor, he name is Fatima, she studied FST. She still looking for job.

Nigeria, na who u know
Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by Whighamsdfg: 10:15am On Nov 27, 2017
My dear this days not not really bout Wat u study

1 Like

Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by adebisiseun2(m): 10:15am On Nov 27, 2017
read also: [url=http://techfile.wapkiz.com/site-forum-view.html?to-forum=3155&to-forumtitle=Notorious%20Kidnappers%20Gunned%20Down%20During%20Fierce%20Shoot%20Out%20With%20Security%20Squads%20In%20Imo%20State.Photos&to-cat=latest%20news]Notorious Kidnappers Gunned Down During Fierce
Shoot Out With Security Squads In Imo
State.Photos[/url]
Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by chikason68(m): 10:17am On Nov 27, 2017
Like the guy above said, try giving ur dream course another shot. I was once in this kinda scenario some yrs ago but had to settle for food science in a poly. Fastforward today, am a proud FOOD SCIENTIST awaiting NYSC. And guess what, i applied for direct entry into a university after my ND in poly because i fell in love for the course. Choose wisely.

2 Likes

Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by UfuomaUN(m): 10:18am On Nov 27, 2017
blaquebelle:
Hey Nairalanders,

I'm currently in a state of confusion now and i thought i could reach out to the knowledgeable ones on this forum who can help clear my mind.

On applying for admission last year i was given zoology to study, but i didn't like the course. Although i went ahead to take the opportunity, i tried for another admission this year into pharmacy. But my course was changed again on getting admitted and i was given food science instead.

I initially wanted to just go ahead with the one I'm doing already (zoology), but i met some people who informed me that food science is better. Now I'm confused on which one to pick.

Please I'd like any professionals in the above fields to enlighten me more on them including the prospects and which is better in our economic climate. I tried researching on both but i didn't come up with much. I hope i can find answers here.

I don't know the mods in charge but I'd like if this topic can be pushed forward for more coverage.

Go for zoology. A former president of Nigeria was a zoologist. And our Biafra brothers say Nigeria is a zoo, so with a degree in zoology you would be qualified to run a zoo (Nigeria) perfectly.
Thank me later

grin grin
Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by idris4r83(m): 10:18am On Nov 27, 2017
Every other course apart from medicine, pharmacy, dentistry, radiography, medical lab science and nursing. depends on serious connection to b employed. I will advise you to continue your zoology and continue applying for your pharmacy or any other medical related field. If u r not satisfied in zoology u can never b
Satisfied in food Science.

3 Likes

Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by HomeOfMe(f): 10:21am On Nov 27, 2017
blaquebelle:
Hey Nairalanders,

I'm currently in a state of confusion now and i thought i could reach out to the knowledgeable ones on this forum who can help clear my mind.

On applying for admission last year i was given zoology to study, but i didn't like the course. Although i went ahead to take the opportunity, i tried for another admission this year into pharmacy. But my course was changed again on getting admitted and i was given food science instead.

I initially wanted to just go ahead with the one I'm doing already (zoology), but i met some people who informed me that food science is better. Now I'm confused on which one to pick.

Please I'd like any professionals in the above fields to enlighten me more on them including the prospects and which is better in our economic climate. I tried researching on both but i didn't come up with much. I hope i can find answers here.

I don't know the mods in charge but I'd like if this topic can be pushed forward for more coverage.

I advice you go for food science,with that you can work at places like Nestle foods,Flour mills,Honeywell,makers of Noodles,Cadburys,etc. If you choose Zoology,just finish and relocate abroad.

1 Like

Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by Eyewonda: 10:26am On Nov 27, 2017
ufotty2001:
Nigeria is already a zoo! Why going for zoology again

Zoology will enable him thrive in a country you call a zoo. How about that?
Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by ifenes(m): 10:26am On Nov 27, 2017
blaquebelle:
Hey Nairalanders,

Go for none, instead start a small business. No point trying to fit into a shape that isn’t meant for you. Unless you wanna keep reading all night and end up becoming a worker

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by edimolu(m): 10:29am On Nov 27, 2017
First off, you should be seriously spanked on the head repeatedly for comparing a professional course like food science with zoology, ignorance is such a disease!

Food science creates more job opportunities since food on its own is a necessity, so you know, food science is one of the most reliable courses yet you find people being oblivious of it, as they believe the word "food" there connotes cooking...such numbing mentality smiley

2 Likes

Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by MezieFresh: 10:30am On Nov 27, 2017
Well from the little I know...

Food science technology is more productive in our job market...
You can go into health ministry, Nafdac, food production etc....

But zoology, is basically study of animal etc....
Around you 200 level.... U will hunt the school for different rodents grin....

Looking at the economic hemisphere..
FST has more rep and Chances....

And most school just started the course...so you can land a lecturing Job too..

1 Like

Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by salisy: 10:30am On Nov 27, 2017
zoology
if in doubt ask GEJ
Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by salisy: 10:31am On Nov 27, 2017
zoology
if in doubt ask GEJ
Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 27, 2017
Food science is okay, wah sch ?

1 Like

Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by MobilityExpress: 10:43am On Nov 27, 2017
Food science

1 Like

Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by MobilityExpress: 10:47am On Nov 27, 2017
The Hospitality industry is a billion dollar industry. Food science > Zoology grin

1 Like

Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by Diderot001: 10:51am On Nov 27, 2017
well, I would advise you to go for the one you have passion for among the two courses.

The reason is very simple, this is Nigeria, all you need is to just get a degree in any field or discipline then you'll function anywhere.
my two cents though.
Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by micflo28(m): 10:56am On Nov 27, 2017
In case you are reading this now, I will give you a thunderous slap for considering zoology. I have five friends, zoologist graduated same year, they are currently jobless. Food science and tech will make you independent to start your own food outlet, it will give u an advantage of being hired as a hygiene inspector or related fields with fast food outlets springing up everywhere, Nafdac has need for you, food companies and industries need you. At a point, you are needed in hospitals as nutrition expert, dietician or laboratories to help carry out test for poisoned foods ingested by individuals. You have a huge horizon with that field dear.

1 Like

Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by thestevens: 11:02am On Nov 27, 2017
Don't even compare them, go for food science. I'm speaking from experience.

1 Like

Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by Donmichaelz(m): 11:10am On Nov 27, 2017
Which is more important??

The individual
Is
Most
Important
Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by Nobody: 11:10am On Nov 27, 2017
Changed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by Geesaintagape: 11:11am On Nov 27, 2017
A Go 4 zoo is a go 4 biology teacher post graduation.
Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by Geesaintagape: 11:16am On Nov 27, 2017
A Go 4 zoo is a go 4 biology teacher post graduation.
All still border on God
9ja is upside down ;get connection get job period
Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 27, 2017
It's not a matter of prospects,some MBBS and others who studied the so-called prestigious courses aren't still successful in life.Just improve your intellect in many areas and pray hard.

Our standard of education in our universities isn't too good to be relied on.But I think I'll go for food science if I were you

1 Like

Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by emmasege: 11:21am On Nov 27, 2017
matrixme:
You better go for the food science. If you're a guy then that goes double as you have no need to hurry to get it right. Don't let anyone deceive you that first class in Zoology beats a third class in Food Science.
Well, except by the grace of God, you don't want to spend your time roaming the streets with a certificate without relevance. Many of our university courses in Nigeria today ought to be scrapped. No wonder alot of people are unemployable and unemployed. You're not in Sweden or France, you know.
I hope you have not misled the OP into thinking that Food Science is a better course, and that Zoology is utterly hopeless. On your assertion that Zoology is an irrelevant course, I put it to you that you are absolutely wrong. Go and check out nations with robust economies and developments, they are the ones with great natural and physical scientists.
Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by blaquebelle: 11:26am On Nov 27, 2017
Ireboya:
Food science is okay, wah sch ?
University of Ilorin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019 UTME: JAMB Releases Withheld Results / Senate Passes Bill To Upgrade Ilaro Polytechnic To Technical University / UNILAG Shut Down Over MAU Name Change Protests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.