Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? (65934 Views)

Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South / My Trip To Hawaii, The Aloha State In USA / World's Most Expensive (And Cheapest) Cities Revealed,See Where Lagos Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Nov 29, 2017
Is it cheap to live in Lagos New York? No. Is it the best state in the Nigeria U.S? Yes. You never utilize the verbiage 'cheap' and 'best' in the same sentence. Get a clue, sir! grin

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Malawian(m): 7:08pm On Nov 29, 2017
It is like you have no stomach for battle. I recall after NYSC, that is after boko haram pursued me from north,one time,i was going for job interview at Ikoyi. Omo ehn, as i was looking to catch a connecting bus from marina to ikoyi, my eyes just glanced at the multitude of people coming and going around that marina, what was going through my mind then was "half of these people never see work,na me wan first see?"

Long and short, i started my own business and by Gods blessing, i am living like i am affluent. The same mr that even thought of running to Onitsha were things are cheaper.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Arysexy(m): 7:09pm On Nov 29, 2017
All these ppl recommending Ibadam and ogbomosho to d Op, hope una no get plan to mine his skull?

OP Benin is relatively cheap, with 80k u get a mini flat and food are cheap too cos ab0kis bring down plenty food through d Abuja auchi route.

Try calabar, another cool and cheap place, if not for north wahala, I prefer Jo's, minna or markudi

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by gentlechyke(m): 7:10pm On Nov 29, 2017
hurricanekatrina:
any state in d north.....

Are you in the north?
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by correctguy101(m): 7:10pm On Nov 29, 2017
uboma:

It will be good to tell us where you are presently and why you wish to relocate.

What skills do you have that can generate income for you?

If you have no vocational skills, did you attend a formal school and have the necessary qualifications to seek for white collar jobs?

These information will guide forum members to advise you accordingly.

All the best!

Nice, I must commend your maturity in replying or giving advice...
Well done bro.

OP more information would be great. If your health (mental and physical) are not being threatened, why do you want to move to a foreign place?

That money you were able to save could set a up for you you know.
I started with nearly 4k and a little borrowed from family but today I'm self sufficient. I moved to a new place though (from Ibadan to Lagos) just for the fun of it and cos of the business I had in mind( heard it thrives in the Lagos market)
It wasn't easy for a long time but I surely found my footing and I hope you succeed too

So what is your reason for wanting to move.
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by anzaku47(m): 7:10pm On Nov 29, 2017
Nasarawa
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Mariangeles(f): 7:11pm On Nov 29, 2017
1realBobby:
Dear nairalanders... I actually want to relocate from my present location right now, I have limited resources ( like 100k) in my account...
please any idea of where I can relocate to in Nigeria that has good security, cost of living at minimum and cheap and affordable houses to rent...
please help a brother out.. I need good suggestions please
Ibadan.
We stay in Lagos but my siblings schools(ed) in Ibadan and it's a very cost friendly place, cheap fresh foods, accommodation, transportation, plus good environment...Even my brother always make jokes that if you're looking for all the #5 notes in Nigeria that it's all in Ibadan 'cause that's where you can spend those.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Bbklopsy: 7:11pm On Nov 29, 2017
But Benin is some how cheap na. Most civil servants in Delta keep their families in Benin because of its cheapness author=1realBobby post=62751869]
oh... I see..

I live at Benin currently... why I want to relocate is quite personal to me...

and I've got sufficient paper qualifications and I am a professional welder.. ( electrode and argon welding)..
thanks for your suggestions.. they have really been helpful[/quote]

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by hotdealz(m): 7:11pm On Nov 29, 2017
Basic123:

Who takes hatred-filled Ipob terrorists serious about osogbo.Its not even online its only nairaland.

if you want a city with the most stable electricity in Nigeria its city of Osogbo.Things are cheap(good 3 bedroom flat of 150) and peaceful too.
This is very correct! I did my nysc in Osun state, Oshogbo precisely. Cheap transportation too and no traffic.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 29, 2017
anzaku47:
Nasarawa

O tii.. Nasarawa ko, Warasana ni grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by OMEGA009(m): 7:12pm On Nov 29, 2017
Ol'boy, this ur emergency relocation. As a Benin boy, EFCC or SARS dey find you? Abi u Don give gal belle?

11 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Macmoni(m): 7:13pm On Nov 29, 2017
1realBobby:

isn't it difficult to get a good job in any of these places? + I don't think I like any northern place though.
most especially if u are educated in themes of job u will get kaduna also av cheap accommodation 2rooms 35k etc
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Nov 29, 2017
With N100k, I suggest you go straight to your village and save up more. No insults but you can't start life in a city with such amount. Even in my village now, except you are a farmer, you will hardly survive with that amount.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by LorenzoU: 7:13pm On Nov 29, 2017
the Best cannot be the cheapest and the cheapest cannot be the best

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Jesusgirl92(f): 7:15pm On Nov 29, 2017
1realBobby:
Dear nairalanders... I actually want to relocate from my present location right now, I have limited resources ( like 100k) in my account...
please any idea of where I can relocate to in Nigeria that has good security, cost of living at minimum and cheap and affordable houses to rent...
Ibadan... I schooled at unibadan ... Food is cheap, cost of living low... As for electricity, depends on the area. Accommodation is quite cheap too... At least I could remember 3friends of mine who stayed in a 3bedroom apartment around orogun area (close to unibadan 2nd gate) paid #150k as rent yearly... Though that was in 2015.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 29, 2017
This is a very good thread grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Donkalio: 7:16pm On Nov 29, 2017
Come to port-harcourt, tins are very cheap, u can get a self con @240k
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by josielewa(m): 7:17pm On Nov 29, 2017
FaniDan:
, Igboora is better rent 1000/month but Ibadan 3k without agent fee
fear that igboora...witches boku 4 dere....yam very cheap..

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by kikake: 7:17pm On Nov 29, 2017
uboma:

Kaduna and Plateau are states where you can get by so easily.

What do you have against the Northern region?

Because northern region made Nigeria a country where if the northern region is not advancing fast due to the region's cultural and religious practices, rest of Nigeria is also drawn back by northern region

Northern region's soldiers proliferated too many undue states in the north by foul use of land mass as criterion. Northern politicians thus draw undue political over-representation from the undue large number of northern states to dictate the pace of Nigeria for everybody, and refuse restructuring in a democracy.

Nigeria is fast failing over by this political system.
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by mottykings(f): 7:18pm On Nov 29, 2017
i will suggest Ibadan,gbagi,alakia,iyana church,eleyele poly side,akobo(expensive) etc has good power supply. house is not that expensive,you can get from 50k upward for self-contained and a room for 30k -40k. transport is cheap,food super cheap,security of life and property is OK,less traffic jam compare to Lagos. you can get a good job as well just that the salary can't be compare to lagos ,pH etc. if you have a skill ,added advantage, look for a good shop and once if u are good at what u are doing getting a customers wont b difficult.best of luck

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Myde4naija(m): 7:18pm On Nov 29, 2017
My dear try Abeokuta, you will never regret you did.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Basic123: 7:18pm On Nov 29, 2017
hotdealz:
This is very correct! I did my nysc in Osun state, Oshogbo precisely. Cheap transportation too and no traffic.
Thank you for speaking the truth and not beclouded with tribalism!

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Lilimax(f): 7:20pm On Nov 29, 2017
wellmax:
I hear Ibadan, Osogbo, Akure etc, why is no one talking of anywhere in the South East?
South East is not cheap at all. Tell me the state in the South East where we have free Education for the primary school s? What about transportation? Very expensive!

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by baresywood(m): 7:20pm On Nov 29, 2017
1realBobby:

your reasons please... how cheap is renting a good house in Ibadan?

Like room $ parlour self-contained for 70-80k. Depending on the area.
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by seyoops4u: 7:20pm On Nov 29, 2017
Okay, clap for yourself... undecided undecided
Trustme2:
Sambisa Forest will be your best bet. I learnt there's an on going recruitment there too so no need to look for a job. Shekau will be ready to receive you with open arms grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by labi1977(m): 7:21pm On Nov 29, 2017
Arysexy:
All these ppl recommending Ibadam and ogbomosho to d Op, hope una no get plan to mine his skull?

OP Benin is relatively cheap, with 80k u get a mini flat and food are cheap too cos ab0kis bring down plenty food through d Abuja auchi route.

Try calabar, another cool and cheap place, if not for north wahala, I prefer Jo's, minna or markudi

dafty he is running away from Bini n hates north
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Silumi(f): 7:22pm On Nov 29, 2017
It's jos now.okro..50....ugwu50...palm oil.120..meat 200other additives 100=420= a pot of soup .....a one room apartment can be as low as 20 k yearly in some areas.#jos# o that town is old people's home

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by dammy222(f): 7:22pm On Nov 29, 2017
1realBobby:
Osun ,Ekiti state

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Nov 29, 2017
1realBobby:
my style is to give attention to cities with reasonably good income. Cheaper places also have ridiculously low wages such that at the end you can't have the spending power of someone that earns much more than you yet spends more. For instance bring a teacher in Ibadan and one in Lagos to spend time at place. You find out that the one from Lagos will be much more comfortable.
Where what you are planning applies is when you are working for the Federal government. Someone living in a cheaper city will fare better than one living in an expensive place cos both earn same salaries.

Lets take a practical example. A and B are from same village but based in different cities.
Mr A lives in Lagos and earns #70k monthly income but pays #200k for rent and #300k on all other expenses.
B lives in Ibadan and earns #25k income and pays #60k as rent and #100k on all other expenses.

At the end of 10months A has #200k left in his account but B is left with #90k.
If by December A&B travel home for Xmas who do you think will be better off, Who do you think will eventually build the better house in the village or ride a better car in the long run?.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by adekhingz(m): 7:23pm On Nov 29, 2017
greggng:

We are talking about decent accommodation and u are here talking abt 36K. EXCEPT IN AYOBO AND ISHEFU SIDE AND NA FACE ME I FACE U BE THAT

No be that kind CHEAP stuffs him deh find ni?? How e go take get a better apartment, feed, and move around with just 100k
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Mariangeles(f): 7:25pm On Nov 29, 2017
Donkalio:
Come to port-harcourt, tins are very cheap, u can get a self con @240k
Don't mind this one...port-harcourt should be the last place on your mind.
Everything there is very expensive plus crime is the order of the day, safety zero, no respect for human lives...only GOD almighty delivered my brothers from that place but their friends were not lucky...six feet under!

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Arysexy(m): 7:25pm On Nov 29, 2017
[quote author=labi1977 post=62831540]

dafty he is running away from Bini n hates north[/quote

Ozuor, u want him to run from Benin and run to death in d hands of ritualists having field day in d west?

Is calabar in d north?]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad / Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada / Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.