Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,401 members, 7,808,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

Road Safety Officer Killed In Ondo By Reckless Driver (Photo) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Road Safety Officer Killed In Ondo By Reckless Driver (Photo) (24332 Views)

Reckless Driver Crushes Family Of Five To Death In Imo / Two Children From Same Parents Crushed To Death By Reckless Driver In Ogun (Pic) / Lagos Corper Knocked Down By A Reckless Driver (Graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Road Safety Officer Killed In Ondo By Reckless Driver (Photo) by Islie: 3:52am On Nov 27, 2017

An officer with the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) in Ondo State was killed in a road accident in Akure over the weekend, SaharaReporters has learned.

Sehinde Abolusoro was crushed to death after a speeding driver lost control of his vehicle.

The 36-year-old officer was killed on the busy Ilesa-Akure Express Road while on duty performing his lawful job.

SaharaReporters gathered that the road safety officer was crushed to death after checking and passing some vehicles.

Our correspondent exclusively gathered that the deceased was the Deputy Route Commander (DRC) in the Ondo Sector Command.

A witness who confirmed this on Sunday said the FRSC officer was crushed by the roadside and later lost his breath.

"The driver, in full speed, was trying to avoid a big truck and in the process veered off his lane. In that same process, he hit the officer that was standing almost by the roadside to control other incoming vehicles," the witness said.

Dare Abolosoro, one of the brothers of the late FRSC officer, also confirmed the incident to our correspondent on the phone.

"This is a calamity and the deceased left behind children who are still very much younger and need a caring hand.

"It was a sad incident but we just have to take solace in God because He knows more than us at this trying time," Mr. Abolosoro said.

He disclosed that the families of the late officer had been thrown into mourning with friends and colleagues paying visits to show their respect.

Contacts made to the official telephone line of the Ondo State Sector Command of the Federal Roads Safety Corps were not connecting on Sunday night.

However, a junior officer in the command confirmed the incident but said he was yet to get the details about the story.

"It was true that a driver killed one of our officers, but I won't have the details until I resume for work tomorrow [Monday]," he said.

Our correspondent learned that the driver has been arrested by the police in the state over the sad incident.

The driver, identified as Sola Olagunju, is currently being detained by the men of the Ondo State Police Command.

Femi Joseph, spokesman of the Ondo State Police Command confirmed the incident on Sunday night.

Mr. Joseph said the police have begun an investigation on the case with a view to arraign the driver in court.

He disclosed that the remains of the late FRSC officer have been deposited at the hospital's morgue.

http://saharareporters.com/2017/11/26/road-safety-officer-crushed-death-reckless-driver-ondo-state
Re: Road Safety Officer Killed In Ondo By Reckless Driver (Photo) by Nobody: 3:56am On Nov 27, 2017
Rest in Peace. You have done your service to mankind and died while on duty. I hope your God recognizes that.

3 Likes

Re: Road Safety Officer Killed In Ondo By Reckless Driver (Photo) by dokiOloye(m): 5:04am On Nov 27, 2017
Everyday,Road safety and VIO go use body wan wedge moving car where dem de chase bribe,but ordinary juju,dem no hol.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Road Safety Officer Killed In Ondo By Reckless Driver (Photo) by streamsofjoy(f): 10:33am On Nov 27, 2017
Oh no! Occupational hazard.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Safety Officer Killed In Ondo By Reckless Driver (Photo) by Dicksonpal: 10:33am On Nov 27, 2017
No comment
Re: Road Safety Officer Killed In Ondo By Reckless Driver (Photo) by saydfact(m): 10:33am On Nov 27, 2017
sad, hope he wasn't trying to be commando in line of duty.

RIP, condolence to his family.

4 Likes

Re: Road Safety Officer Killed In Ondo By Reckless Driver (Photo) by iamdannyfc(m): 10:33am On Nov 27, 2017
(i) Dont drink and drive
(ii) Dont smoke(saagbo) and drive
(iii) If you get drogba for head(mental instability) or psycho(mental virus) visit a psychiatry

dont use your own destroy other peoples life...

I don talk my own, me wey wan write exam(waec,neco,jamb) come dey do amebo instead make i dey Onlysage Community with serious students to dey do Question&Answer(Study)...
Lemme come and be goin
Re: Road Safety Officer Killed In Ondo By Reckless Driver (Photo) by dayleke: 10:33am On Nov 27, 2017
RIP FRSC officer.
Re: Road Safety Officer Killed In Ondo By Reckless Driver (Photo) by kingar(m): 10:34am On Nov 27, 2017
RIP
Re: Road Safety Officer Killed In Ondo By Reckless Driver (Photo) by mysteryman55: 10:34am On Nov 27, 2017
rip...
Re: Road Safety Officer Killed In Ondo By Reckless Driver (Photo) by pol23: 10:34am On Nov 27, 2017
RIP...
Safety first should be their watchword.
How I wish say na policeman.
Re: Road Safety Officer Killed In Ondo By Reckless Driver (Photo) by oloripelebe2: 10:34am On Nov 27, 2017
Na God go punish dat mod wey dey travel sad

Oya ban me again grin
Re: Road Safety Officer Killed In Ondo By Reckless Driver (Photo) by ifko: 10:34am On Nov 27, 2017
They should stop collecting tax on d roads
Re: Road Safety Officer Killed In Ondo By Reckless Driver (Photo) by money121(m): 10:34am On Nov 27, 2017
Some driver no get joy @all...

R.I.P
Re: Road Safety Officer Killed In Ondo By Reckless Driver (Photo) by swiz123(m): 10:35am On Nov 27, 2017
ifko:
They should stop collecting tax on d roads

angry angry

1 Like

Re: Road Safety Officer Killed In Ondo By Reckless Driver (Photo) by ifko: 10:35am On Nov 27, 2017
They should stop collecting tax on d roads. RIP
Re: Road Safety Officer Killed In Ondo By Reckless Driver (Photo) by davibid: 10:35am On Nov 27, 2017
Sometimes I don't understand whether FRSC officers are immune to car accidents, because considering how some of them stand in the way of moving cars baffles me

Sadly all the blame will go to the driver

RIP sha

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Safety Officer Killed In Ondo By Reckless Driver (Photo) by wwwtortoise(m): 10:36am On Nov 27, 2017
pol23:
RIP...

Policeman too na human being oo

1 Like

Re: Road Safety Officer Killed In Ondo By Reckless Driver (Photo) by sanfranka2(m): 10:36am On Nov 27, 2017
3 plot of space for sale......

rip oga... continue your work wherever you get yourself
Re: Road Safety Officer Killed In Ondo By Reckless Driver (Photo) by pol23: 10:37am On Nov 27, 2017
wwwtortoise:

Policeman too na human being oo
I'm not sure Nigerian Police are Human.

2 Likes

Re: Road Safety Officer Killed In Ondo By Reckless Driver (Photo) by purem(m): 10:37am On Nov 27, 2017
Re: Road Safety Officer Killed In Ondo By Reckless Driver (Photo) by micflo28(m): 10:38am On Nov 27, 2017
Can I replace his space at work shocked
Re: Road Safety Officer Killed In Ondo By Reckless Driver (Photo) by bfmconcepts: 10:38am On Nov 27, 2017
since we are now using computerised plate numbers and driver's licence, can't they computerise the ways they arrest erring drivers/vehicles? Instead of putting their lives at risk.

3 Likes

Re: Road Safety Officer Killed In Ondo By Reckless Driver (Photo) by wildcatter23(m): 10:40am On Nov 27, 2017
These road safety officers are most commercial drivers nightmare.

RIP
Re: Road Safety Officer Killed In Ondo By Reckless Driver (Photo) by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 27, 2017
cry cry cry cry
Re: Road Safety Officer Killed In Ondo By Reckless Driver (Photo) by ufuosman(m): 10:41am On Nov 27, 2017
RIP
Re: Road Safety Officer Killed In Ondo By Reckless Driver (Photo) by ofuonyebi: 10:41am On Nov 27, 2017
The green and white colour 9ja cap up for you..!

you died in the service of ur fatherland...You deserve a heroic burial...

this world is a misery to all...only GOD knows better...Somebody must die one day but we don't know how death will come..!

RIP ,,

1 Like

Re: Road Safety Officer Killed In Ondo By Reckless Driver (Photo) by ayokenny37(m): 10:43am On Nov 27, 2017
Bad news in Naija evryday.

Dem curse this country?

Re: Road Safety Officer Killed In Ondo By Reckless Driver (Photo) by wizkit: 10:43am On Nov 27, 2017
RIP OFFICER

1 Like

Re: Road Safety Officer Killed In Ondo By Reckless Driver (Photo) by romeorailss: 10:45am On Nov 27, 2017
bfmconcepts:
since we are now using computerised plate numbers and driver's licence, can't they computerise the ways they arrest erring drivers/vehicles? Instead of putting their lives at risk.

Sincerely angry
Re: Road Safety Officer Killed In Ondo By Reckless Driver (Photo) by odedinigbin(m): 10:56am On Nov 27, 2017
pol23:
RIP...

Too much weed dey worry ur head

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Interesting Things To See And Do In Abeokuta, Ogun State / RRS Rescues Two underage Boys At Marina In Lagos (Photos) / Terrible Accident In Delta,People Burnt 2 Death Beyond Recognition(Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.