Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:32 PM

Senator Joy Emodi To Replace Akunyili - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Joy Emodi To Replace Akunyili (1912 Views)

Joy Emodi Celebrates Her 60th Birthday Today! / Nazim Mimiko Nominated To Replace Jega From March 1, 2015 / $25,000 Bribery To Impeach Tambuwal Scandal: My Story—emodi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Joy Emodi To Replace Akunyili by obailala(m): 12:45pm On Mar 26, 2010
Within hours after the Court of Appeal, Enugu Division threw Mrs. Joy Emodi out of the Senate, several senators commenced a campaign for Acting President Goodluck Jonathan to nominate her as a minister to replace the controversial former Minister of Information and Communication Prof. Dora Akunyili, who is one of the nine former ministers already nominated for reappointment. Emodi, like Akunyili, is from Anambra State.

The Court of Appeal had ruled yesterday that Mrs. Joy Emodi, who is a Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) member, was not the Senator duly-elected to represent Anambra North senatorial district. The Court, led by Justice Ola Kayode Ariwola, unanimously ruled that Mr. Alphonsus Uba Igbeke of the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) was the authentic winner of the seat in the April 28, 2007 election.

A reliable source at the Senate told Daily Trust that many senators are determined that Mrs. Akunyili will not return to the Federal Executive Council. They said the Acting President should either drop her nomination or they will ensure that she fails at the Senate screening. As soon as Emodi lost her Senate seat yesterday, they cashed in on it and proposed her as a replacement.

http://www.news.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=16307:emodi-may-replace-akunyili-as-appeal-court-sacks-senator&catid=46:lead-stories&Itemid=140

God help us!!
Re: Senator Joy Emodi To Replace Akunyili by AfroCynic: 12:49pm On Mar 26, 2010
Lol, only in Nigeria will illegality be rewarded. I laugh in Igbo.
Re: Senator Joy Emodi To Replace Akunyili by Nobody: 12:54pm On Mar 26, 2010
The writers of daily trust are really losing thier sanity. All their storeis now have no quotable sources, its even worse than a soft sell, "They said" who said? Is that not the first rule of journalism?
Re: Senator Joy Emodi To Replace Akunyili by obailala(m): 1:19pm On Mar 26, 2010
aisha2:

The writers of daily trust are really losing thier sanity. All their storeis now have no quotable sources, its even worse than a soft sell, "They said" who said? Is that not the first rule of journalism?

How many national dailies publish stories with quotable sources? As far a I'm concerned, no act is too stupi.d for those buffoons in the senate. They are very predictable.
Re: Senator Joy Emodi To Replace Akunyili by Nobody: 1:25pm On Mar 26, 2010
obailala:

How many national dailies publish stories with quotable sources? As far a I'm concerned, no act is too stupi.d for those buffoons in the senate. They are very predictable.
The Fact that many dailies do it does not make it right. Daily trust in the last weeks with The YarAdua Sgag have become worse than a soft sell, drinkinking tea, Sources say he is strolling in his garden. Enough already
Re: Senator Joy Emodi To Replace Akunyili by cpatra(f): 1:53pm On Mar 26, 2010
Displacement and replacement reaction: Ubanese displacing Emeordi and Emeordi replacing Akunyili. What a headline? Our senators are nut- case!
Re: Senator Joy Emodi To Replace Akunyili by obailala(m): 2:01pm On Mar 26, 2010
aisha2:

drinkinking tea, Sources say he is strolling in his garden. Enough already
I bet u, if u read those paper reports again, u will discover that they were just quoting one yaradua loyalist or relative. We know that we are fed with lies and half truths by these reporters but it very easy to predict which info is true and which is not. We know what is obtainable from our politicians

These links also carry the same gist
http://www.pointblanknews.com/os3099.html
http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/front-page-news/3197-screening-senate-may-drop-akunyili-kayode-3-others-how-jonathan-shocked-gov-ex-govs-over-nominations.html
Re: Senator Joy Emodi To Replace Akunyili by texazzpete(m): 2:46pm On Mar 26, 2010
aisha2:

Saharareports do the exact same thing. And you Nigerians laud them for it.
Re: Senator Joy Emodi To Replace Akunyili by chosen04(f): 3:18pm On Mar 26, 2010
These fools @Daily trust cant even spell her name correctly. Her names are JOY EMORDI and not JOY EMODI
Re: Senator Joy Emodi To Replace Akunyili by RichyBlacK(m): 3:23pm On Mar 26, 2010
obailala:

100% correct!
Re: Senator Joy Emodi To Replace Akunyili by princekevo(m): 3:35pm On Mar 26, 2010
Lol this is what i have complained before abt Nigerian journalism. This Yaradua's saga jst exposed how dumb and lazy our journalist are. I cant imagine the president of Nigeria has not been seen in the public for more than 4months now, yet no Nigerian media has been able to come up with a first hand reliable info on his where about and condition. Non has been able to track down any closed family member to know the exact situation. All we get is from a reliable source that has no name, authoritative source that refused to be made known and bla bla bla. All is based on speculation to sell their papers.
Re: Senator Joy Emodi To Replace Akunyili by Fhemmmy: 3:38pm On Mar 26, 2010
I guess his removal was all games then
Re: Senator Joy Emodi To Replace Akunyili by bigcock: 3:51pm On Mar 26, 2010
aisha2:

The Fact that many dailies do it does not make it right. Daily trust in the last weeks with The YarAdua Sgag have become worse than a soft sell, drinkinking tea, Sources say he is strolling in his garden. Enough already

Most Nigerian dailies especially Daily Trust have left journalism to practse speculation. The truth is they just imagine some stuff and publish, its all in a bid to sell their papers.

God have mercy,

(1) (Reply)

Shout Of Niger Delta Or South South Destroy Edo & Delta State Economy By Musiwa / Difficulty In Tackling The Almajiri Syndrome / Bomb Blast In Tudun Wada Area Of Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.