Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:55 AM

Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? (27930 Views)

Advice Needed: Is Music For Me Or Not / Fuji Music Is The Best Music In The World / Top 10 Nigerian Songs 2017: Top 30 Most Popular Music In Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? by DancingSkeleton(m): 4:21pm On Nov 27, 2017
JamesReacher:
Which Jcole song talk about guns sex and drugs ?
i've never heard cole talk about using gun on someone , he only talk about gun violence in the street

1 Like

Re: Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? by JamesReacher(m): 4:23pm On Nov 27, 2017
DancingSkeleton:
i've never heard cole talk about using gun on someone , he only talk about gun violence in the street
He's a different breed bro
Re: Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? by DancingSkeleton(m): 4:25pm On Nov 27, 2017
JamesReacher:
He's a different breed bro
first time i listened to cole's BLTCHES FT BAS ND OMEN i thought he was mad grin Tho he said he was high as shiii on d tracks intro , kinda freestyle tingy

1 Like

Re: Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? by abbeyty(m): 4:25pm On Nov 27, 2017
The same thing with Nigerian movies, you forgot to add money.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? by spadar4u(m): 4:29pm On Nov 27, 2017
Pac told biggie; sing for the ladies.the ladies will buy your music and the guys will love what the ladies want.
Re: Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? by delishpot: 4:30pm On Nov 27, 2017
Someone posted how he rejected a job because they did not arrange who.res for him...... If such people exist, do you think musicians would eat without sexualizing their career?
Re: Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? by piagetskinner(m): 4:31pm On Nov 27, 2017
that's because we live in a generation where sex sells and morals have gone to the dogs
Re: Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? by Lumig: 4:31pm On Nov 27, 2017
HeyCorleone:
Times are changing, so are values and morals. It's a matter of anything that sells. Though a very sane person would agree that it's quite annoying, but what is there to do?

I sincerely hope music would still come back to the time when it passed serious messages a across, and where a kid can actually see a music video with his parents in peace.
I don't know we still have sane youth in Naija
Re: Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? by tomtyte02(m): 4:32pm On Nov 27, 2017
eleojo23:
Because most youths of today are very shallow in their thinking.
It's only women and sex that they think about

You simply cant give what you dont have. OP should addalcohol
Re: Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 27, 2017
NNature:
Listen to the likes of ASA,BRYMO,BEAUTIFUL NOBIA they sing more meaningful songs than any Nigerian artist.
Its been quite a while i heard from Brymo, is that guy still very much around?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? by IAmSkinny: 4:35pm On Nov 27, 2017
usermane:
Who still listen to Rap, Hip Hop or R & B? These days I find quality music in Metal or Rock music. And I don't listen to Naija songs, I've always been drawn to the foreign albums.

Have you heard believer by Imagine dragons?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? by Lumig: 4:36pm On Nov 27, 2017
That's y I dig deep to search for my old foreign musics, no music is like the musics of the late nineties and and early 2000s.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? by IAmSkinny: 4:38pm On Nov 27, 2017
Jackson042:

He talks mostly about sex...

Listen to "Can't get enough" where he featured Trey Songz... just first verse, talked about how a certain ladies ass can make a gay nigga reconsider... also talked about how he almost missed his flight when the hoe was sucking his nuts... and talked about some other nasty things...

Also listen to "wet dreamz"

there are still songs where he talked about sex & hoes...
Yes oo. That song is damn naughty........" trying to hit the spot but I just cannot ".
Re: Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? by EBAZ(m): 4:41pm On Nov 27, 2017
As they thinketh so their song.
Re: Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? by kechywillz(m): 4:41pm On Nov 27, 2017
With those nonsense they sing has influenced teenagers alot,most of these kids engage in premarital sex,what to be like there idols and most like to dance like those nĂ¼de video vixen,the rot in music industry is overwhelming,u hardly watch any Nigeria music video without stimulating sexual desire
Re: Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? by Xkalaban(m): 4:42pm On Nov 27, 2017
Op ur a darling for bringing this up. May ur days be long. The music industry has tanked in this generation. Nobody wants to make songs about the issues anymore. Nor do they care about creativity and originality anymore. Rather they all want to make copy & paste beats and make abc rhymes with heavy autotune effects using key words like shayo, celebrate, jubilate, baby, wine ur waste, dancia, ukwu, bugatti, money, material sh!t & all kinds of frivolous bullcrap. I blame folks like Lil Wayne who introduced this types of songs with no harmony to this gullible but young generation. Back in the days, folks like the great Bob Marley, Lucky Dube, Fela Kuti, Rasky Mono, Majek Fashek even the hiphop artistes of the 90's like 2pac, Nas, Snoop & Dre all faced serious persecution for speaking up & standing up to the powers that be musically. Today music has become chaff. It's very disheartening for those who cherish pure raw untampered music regardless of the artist's financial status. Can't believe the 90's gone 4ever. So sad undecided
Re: Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? by EBAZ(m): 4:42pm On Nov 27, 2017
IAMSASHY:
undecided Dats d quickest way 2 make money, if dey sing abt al dose tins u mentioned up dere, pple wl nt buy.
Who told u dat
Re: Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 27, 2017
alll those songs dey reduce person IQ seriously

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 27, 2017
alexistaiwo:
Law of Supply states that higher the demand for a particular goods or services, the higher the quantity supplied.

Until you guys make a conscious effort to listening to Trash music, only then will the supply stop

It is as simple as ABC
Yea but it's the first law of demand and supply.
But something can be done about it e.g a musician named tekno sang a song called "Rara" relating to social issues. Unfortunately some commented on YouTube what most people like in the pix below

Re: Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? by CasaFFa(f): 4:50pm On Nov 27, 2017
It's easy to forget that majority of these musicians, producers, DJs, etc. are in their early 20s, what did you think about at that age?
Davido at least tries to sing about other things once in a while.
For example, Fia. Watch the music video here - https:///Ls4v1JSczu

1 Like

Re: Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? by olujastro: 4:52pm On Nov 27, 2017
Dandy1:
All of you that are complaining, how many dope Nigerian singers/ rappers do you know or support? Folks don't practise what they preach anymore. Do you know Our own Blaqbones, a rapper that launched his career on Nairaland here? Do you know rappers like Boogey, Eclipse, Luluraps, AQ, Mojeed, Santi, e.t.c? To you know singers like Aramide, Sir Dauda, Johnny Drille, Tomi Thomas, Tay Aiwar, Nonso Amadi, Odunsi, Ric Hassani, Morell, Funbi, Aduke, and several other dope underground artistes? No! They remain underground because you lots don't appreciate nor hype good music. Y'all prefer pangolo music. Stop complaining. We the few little know these good musicians and appreciate them. Follow them on social media to encourage them. You are what you listen to. Music is a taste. Going through your playlist can give a slight insight into your personality.

By the way, I'm a music producer and a singer. I learnt everything all by myself. You can do it too. Visit my blog in my signature below for tutorials to get you started. I'll be dropping a new philosophical song on here before the week runs out, hope you'll support good music then.
It's simply because Nigerians don't listen to lyrics, all they care about is a club-danceable beat even if you just say rubbish on it.
Unfortunately, the pangolo musicians with tight beats end up getting all the shows, so much that those who dish out good music get tempted to switch to pangolo sounds just to survive and make money.
I've been a big fan of Johnny Drille since I heard his songs this summer. But my top 5 Nigerian artistes remain MI, Banky W, Timi Dakolo, Tiwa Savage and Tuface.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? by gameboyo: 4:54pm On Nov 27, 2017
UrennaNkoli:
I mean when last did you hear songs of other genres like politics, conflict, everyday events, disasters, poverty etc. Ever since the war on boko haram started, have you ever heard a song condemning the sect or a song to give hope to those displaced and affected?

The Americans are even trying with the likes of Rihanna's "American oxygen" and many more. All we hear in today Nigeria is going crazy about big ass, meaningless love, money and women. I just watched lil kesh' "rora" video and I must confess that the music industry is in deep rot.

Timaya sang politicians pity for us and that's my song anytime anyday
Re: Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? by oxon(m): 4:54pm On Nov 27, 2017
thunderbabs:
That is what we want to hear and see in videos too...doz booties shocked

Dont you know that the world passes different phases at differnt times till the end of the world?

We re in a democratic phase ryt now...do n say what u like, itz called freedom of speech tho with its clause sha
biko nego du you see why I say men are becoming increasingly stupid look at what this one is saying among men I would count this one as just a form of weed

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? by SirLakes: 4:56pm On Nov 27, 2017
Dandy1:

By the way, I'm a music producer and a singer. I learnt everything all by myself. You can do it too. Visit my blog in my signature below for tutorials to get you started. I'll be dropping a new philosophical song on here before the week runs out, hope you'll support good music then.

Can you drop me link to your songs

.......Lemme feel that good music from you........
Re: Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? by hope4life: 4:56pm On Nov 27, 2017
IAMSASHY:
undecided Dats d quickest way 2 make money, if dey sing abt al dose tins u mentioned up dere, pple wl nt buy.

I've though of this several times and it irritates me. They portray women as nothing but sex object for man's use. Unfortunately women are patronising them. Satan is using entertainment industry to destroy lives in this end time and that's why people who are into it are taking in millions of naira. Watch Bollywood movie including Yoruba that used to be sane before, it must have sexual undertone. God'sanger is looming over this generation because of this sexual perversion.
Re: Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? by NNature(m): 4:57pm On Nov 27, 2017
dumo1:

Its been quite a while i heard from Brymo, is that guy still very much around?
...Yes...He's as consistent as Day nd Night.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? by nextstep(m): 4:59pm On Nov 27, 2017
So after experiencing the bad side of politics, conflict, everyday events, disasters, poverty, you want me to on radio and listen to the same things? How many songs in my lifetime will remind me about lack of water and light, and how the poor are getting poorer. From 70's & 80's Fela to 80's Majek to 90's Ras Kimono to 2000s Rugged and African China? E don do.

Abeg, listening to songs about love, women, and money are the only things that make sense and make me happy. At least that "Too much juice" can make somebody relax and forget about hardship for a while. grin

It's shallow, but I that's my explanation.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? by usermane(m): 5:13pm On Nov 27, 2017
IAmSkinny:
Have you heard believer by Imagine dragons?
No. But since you ask, guess I'll try it.
Re: Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? by sonikstargirl(f): 5:36pm On Nov 27, 2017
thats why i always stick with foreign songz... 9ja love songz are meaningless, itz more of lust than love
Re: Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? by mablie(m): 5:38pm On Nov 27, 2017
grin grin
nextstep:
So after experiencing the bad side of politics, conflict, everyday events, disasters, poverty, you want me to on radio and listen to the same things? How many songs in my lifetime will remind me about lack of water and light, and how the poor are getting poorer. From 70's & 80's Fela to 80's Majek to 90's Ras Kimono to 2000s Rugged and African China? E don do.

Abeg, listening to songs about love, women, and money are the only things that make sense and make me happy. At least that "Too much juice" can make somebody relax and forget about hardship for a while. grin

It's shallow, but I that's my explanation.
This post reminds me of what the Nigerian writer Ben Okri once said in a BBC interview about young Africans who always write books about politics in Africa.In his own words: "There is nothing wrong in writing books about politics but must all their books be about politics?Why can't they write fantasy stories sometimes?"

1 Like

Re: Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? by Omotaday(m): 5:43pm On Nov 27, 2017
Dandy1:
All of you that are complaining, how many dope Nigerian singers/ rappers do you know or support? Folks don't practise what they preach anymore. Do you know Our own Blaqbones, a rapper that launched his career on Nairaland here? Do you know rappers like Boogey, Eclipse, Luluraps, AQ, Mojeed, Santi, e.t.c? To you know singers like Aramide, Sir Dauda, Johnny Drille, Tomi Thomas, Tay Aiwar, Nonso Amadi, Odunsi, Ric Hassani, Morell, Funbi, Aduke, and several other dope underground artistes? No! They remain underground because you lots don't appreciate nor hype good music. Y'all prefer pangolo music. Stop complaining. We the few little know these good musicians and appreciate them. Follow them on social media to encourage them. You are what you listen to. Music is a taste. Going through your playlist can give a slight insight into your personality.

Remove Aramide from your list, she wants to be Asa by force. She is not good compared to other people you listed.
Re: Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? by IAmSkinny: 5:50pm On Nov 27, 2017
usermane:

No. But since you ask, guess I'll try it.
Try and testify.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Is Nigeria's King Of Highlife Music? / Your Top 20 Evergreen Love Songs / Top 10 Music Producers In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.