Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,342 members, 7,808,206 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:41 AM

Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? (27929 Views)

Advice Needed: Is Music For Me Or Not / Fuji Music Is The Best Music In The World / Top 10 Nigerian Songs 2017: Top 30 Most Popular Music In Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? by nkemjacob2(m): 10:14pm On Nov 27, 2017
I don't buy such music in the market
Re: Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? by abukaokab: 10:24pm On Nov 27, 2017
dey ar misleading there follower's
Re: Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? by thunderbabs: 10:31pm On Nov 27, 2017
oxon:
biko nego du you see why I say men are becoming increasingly stupid look at what this one is saying among men I would count this one as just a form of weed

U seem to be good with passing insults.....Kontinuu. Why are some ppl always taking comments so personal tho on NL....? Baffles me sha....dey go jus carry a humourous comment and turn it to like judgement day......at ease, ok?
Re: Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? by lenghtinny(m): 11:00pm On Nov 27, 2017
Dandy1:
All of you that are complaining, how many dope Nigerian singers/ rappers do you know or support? Folks don't practise what they preach anymore. Do you know Our own Blaqbones, a rapper that launched his career on Nairaland here? Do you know rappers like Boogey, Eclipse, Luluraps, AQ, Mojeed, Ozzy B (Santi), e.t.c? To you know singers like Aramide, Sir Dauda, Johnny Drille, Tomi Thomas, Tay Iwar, Nonso Amadi, Odunsi, Ric Hassani, Morell, Funbi, Aduke, and several other dope underground artistes? No! They remain underground because you lots don't appreciate nor hype good music. Y'all prefer pangolo music. Stop complaining. We the few little know these good musicians and appreciate them. Follow them on social media to encourage them. You are what you listen to. Music is a taste. Going through your playlist can give a slight insight into your personality.

By the way, I'm a music producer and a singer. I learnt everything all by myself. You can do it too. Visit my blog in my signature below for tutorials to get you started. I'll be dropping a new philosophical song on here before the week runs out, hope you'll support good music then.
Most of the new generation artists you mentioned also sing about love and women in most cases though sir Dauda and funbi are great composers.

The only difference between them is that they use more English and don't sing like rascals unlike the olamides and Davidos of the industry...
Like Niniola for example, save for her alluring voice and cool beats. Most of her songs are filled with empty lyrics that she even sound incoherent sometimes.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? by HeyCorleone(m): 11:23pm On Nov 27, 2017
COOL10:
. Yes. For me the problem is not just about singing about sex cos certain sexual songs have 'meaningful meanings' but are all ur songs about that and without 'meaningful meanings'? That's what gets to me.

I don't know what you're driving it.

Kendrick Lamar doesn't sing about sex. Fine he uses sexual innuendoes, but the themes of his songs are never sexual.

There's a reason his style of rap is known as "conscious rapping"
Re: Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? by Talkwell: 12:03am On Nov 28, 2017
dumo1:
Controversial as in how? Pls can you explain further?
album art and the album title(klitoris),caused an uproar.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? by ebosse(m): 12:05am On Nov 28, 2017
Dandy1:
All of you that are complaining, how many dope Nigerian singers/ rappers do you know or support? Folks don't practise what they preach anymore. Do you know Our own Blaqbones, a rapper that launched his career on Nairaland here? Do you know rappers like Boogey, Eclipse, Luluraps, AQ, Mojeed, Ozzy B (Santi), e.t.c? To you know singers like Aramide, Sir Dauda, Johnny Drille, Tomi Thomas, Tay Iwar, Nonso Amadi, Odunsi, Ric Hassani, Morell, Funbi, Aduke, and several other dope underground artistes? No! They remain underground because you lots don't appreciate nor hype good music. Y'all prefer pangolo music. Stop complaining. We the few little know these good musicians and appreciate them. Follow them on social media to encourage them. You are what you listen to. Music is a taste. Going through your playlist can give a slight insight into your personality.

By the way, I'm a music producer and a singer. I learnt everything all by myself. You can do it too. Visit my blog in my signature below for tutorials to get you started. I'll be dropping a new philosophical song on here before the week runs out, hope you'll support good music then.

I think U r getting it wrong. The question the OP asked is why don't Nigeria artistes pass a different message apart from love, woman, sex , money, the good life .

I know all these artistes u mentioned ( @lst 95%), I have Ozzy B 'Suzie's Funeral' mixtape, the fact is they all (mostly) talk about the same things like the 'pom pom' artiste just in a different way.

If U really want to get a clearer picture of what the OP is saying then listen to >>>> 2face - man unkind, eLDee tha don - I go yarn, Brymo - Dem dey go, Asa - Fire on the mountain, Jesse jagz - My brother ... Just to name a few
Re: Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? by Nobody: 12:45am On Nov 28, 2017
Talkwell:

album art and the album title(klitoris),caused an uproar.

What a controversial artwork and album title. Like somone said "how will i be asking for Klitoris in traffic"
Re: Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? by Talkwell: 5:17am On Nov 28, 2017
dumo1:

What a controversial artwork and album title. Like somone said "how will i be asking for Klitoris in traffic"

lmfaooo grin
Re: Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? by Nobody: 5:50am On Nov 28, 2017
Nigerian music is total garbage. I can't even stand listening to any of this foolish people tracks calling themselves musician. They can't even speak common English. They never say anything sensible in their songs. It's either a track about bumbum and alcohol or money. Nonentity
Re: Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? by Mryacks: 9:03pm On Nov 28, 2017
IAMSASHY:
undecided Dats d quickest way 2 make money, if dey sing abt al dose tins u mentioned up dere, pple wl nt buy.

The only things that sell and that this generation glorifies more. Most of the youths want to "hammer" just to drink expensive champs, drive expensive cars, wear expensive cloths, chase women, sex, drugs and booze, etc

The women themselves don't offer anything other than their physical assets...smh
Re: Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? by weedfada(m): 11:55pm On Nov 28, 2017
Damn! I'm late to the party. Well I think it's a consumer-supplier ish. If we want more proliferation of good music then we the consumers have to constantly support the suppliers, make frustration no force them go dey shout kpagam, samankwe, kpalaga etc up and Down. As for niggas like me, if I don't get my Daily Dose of jada, kdot, hov and esco, something definitely gotta be wrong.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? by Tunby(m): 10:32am On Nov 30, 2017
Hi guys . Please check out my youtube channel. let me know what you think . Thanks a lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1IU8CG5K3s
Re: Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Dec 01, 2017
UrennaNkoli:
I mean when last did you hear songs of other genres like politics, conflict, everyday events, disasters, poverty etc. Ever since the war on boko haram started, have you ever heard a song condemning the sect or a song to give hope to those displaced and affected?

The Americans are even trying with the likes of Rihanna's "American oxygen" and many more. All we hear in today Nigeria is going crazy about big ass, meaningless love, money and women. I just watched lil kesh' "rora" video and I must confess that the music industry is in deep rot.

Dats what the consumers want and that's what we give them.The day that they demand for meaningful songs,we will deliver.

THAT'S THE SYSTEM IN THE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY
cool
Re: Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? by Dandy1(m): 4:51pm On Dec 09, 2017
SirLakes:

Can you drop me link to your songs

.......Lemme feel that good music from you........

https://www.nairaland.com/4224378/music-nairalanders-awesome-cover-khalids#63125771
Re: Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? by meobizy(f): 6:29pm On Sep 16, 2018
UrennaNkoli:
I mean when last did you hear songs of other genres like politics, conflict, everyday events, disasters, poverty etc. Ever since the war on boko haram started, have you ever heard a song condemning the sect or a song to give hope to those displaced and affected?

The Americans are even trying with the likes of Rihanna's "American oxygen" and many more. All we hear in today Nigeria is going crazy about big ass, meaningless love, money and women. I just watched lil kesh' "rora" video and I must confess that the music industry is in deep rot.
The song Ponmile by Reminisce is about big asses, abi?
Re: Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? by adesokan382: 9:02pm On Sep 16, 2018
That's the least of our problems They can sing anything they want

107 Likes

Re: Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? by Neminc: 4:49pm On Sep 17, 2018
They have nothing else to offer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Is Nigeria's King Of Highlife Music? / Your Top 20 Evergreen Love Songs / Top 10 Music Producers In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.