Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,745 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:09 PM

Desperate To Make A First Class? 5 Stress-free Ways On How I Made 4.77 CGPA - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Desperate To Make A First Class? 5 Stress-free Ways On How I Made 4.77 CGPA (29790 Views)

I Made 4.38 CGPA And I'm So Happy... / 5 Stress Management Tips For Postgraduate Students / Folafoluwa Oginni Graduates From Heterfordshire University With 5.0 CGPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Desperate To Make A First Class? 5 Stress-free Ways On How I Made 4.77 CGPA by dareal199(m): 1:39am On Nov 28, 2017

Yes, i made 4.77 GPA and you too can make it and even surpass this feat. It is not a rocket science. It is possible to achieve, but the question you should ask yourself is, are you desperate enough? Follow me closely and take your time to digest every single word:

Unlike in the past, first class students are beginning to struggle even to keep up with their average students counterpart and the reason for this unfortunate incidence is not far-fetched.

Some people believe it is due to shady examination malpractices being perpetuated by this same supposed first class students. Some other people also believe it is as a result of declining education standard in which cramming and other unproductive academic exercises are being encouraged. Whatever the reasons are, the fact still remains that education standard is declining globally and unless a proactive step is taken, we should not be surprise if true education goes into oblivion.

how-to-5-proven-tips-on-how-i-made-first-class

So, back to the main agenda, what does it take to be a first class student? Or better still, how can i be an outstanding student? Ho! I’m sorry. If you are expecting me to roll out some principles like focus, determination, Big dream among others as tips for making first class. Sorry to disappoint you. I’m not going to be going that. But mind you, am not totally discarding those principles. They sometimes work, but not in all circumstance. Rather than bore you with 14 principles for achieving outstanding success in your academics, I will rather suggest we work out some practicable tips for making first class because experience has shown that these principles lack empirical backing – not practicable.

At one point in our lifetime we’ve all tried to be focused and unwavering in our pursuit for academic excellence. But at the end, what achievement have we made? On this note, these are some practicable proven tips that worked for me and will definitely work for you in your pursuit for academic success:
Let’s kick the ball rolling!

The God Factor

Yes! You need God to achieve first class and virtually everything in life. You should however understand that am not here to preach to you as a Christian, or Muslim, or any religion whatsoever. But what am basically saying is that, we all need a supreme being to look up to; someone to trust in completely especially in critical moment of our life. There are some things you can’t just achieve with your physical strength, therefore, the need for a spiritual backup. Trust in God and he will make your first class a reality.

Build a System around You

This is exactly what you need. To achieve this seemingly impossible academic feat (first class), there is a need for you to build a formidable system around you that will propel you to match action with words and make success an habit for you.

What then do I means by a system? “A system in this context is a daily activity engaged in by people over time in order to produce a sort of cultural feelings around it. A system is what you do over and over again until it becomes a part and parcel of you. To achieve first class, you need to engage in perpetual activity of reading on a daily basis until it becomes your second nature so much that when you did not read for a day, you feel like something is missing inside you- like you’ve not brush for a day.

Building a system around you is about contributing to your success bit by bit on a daily basis. Just like the popular saying goes, “success is not a day job. It’s a daily job. It takes a formidable system to achieve first class. Have tried it and it worked.

Crave Knowledge, Not First Class

Don’t get it twisted. I’m not suggesting you shouldn’t pursue first class with vigor and tenacity. My point is that, if only you can give knowledge priority, first class will come automatically. And besides, you lose nothing if you did not eventually hit your target. After all, you’ve gained more knowledge in the process which in itself priceless. Simply put, knowledge should be your watchword, not first class.

Know Thyself

Knowing yourself is about conducting some sort of SWOT analysis on yourself to give room for self evaluation and self assessment. Ask yourself questions like, what are my strengths and weaknesses? How can I maximize opportunities and minimize threats? All these questions will help you in knowing yourself better and how best to position yourself for outstanding success. For instance, I know myself to be a procrastinator and I minimize this weakness by giving myself a deadline. With a deadline, I know I have to deliver within the stipulated time. Setting a deadline also makes me more accountable to myself. So, when you know yourself, you will discover that making first class is as easy as drinking a cup of tea.

Teach, Teach, and Teach

This is the bottom line of all academic excellence. Research has shown that teaching is perhaps the best way of learning. Teaching is a way of imparting knowledge into people. By imparting knowledge, you are consciously giving more knowledge in the process. So, teaching is the best tool you can use to aid your understanding and by extension, your potential of being a first class.
I’m passionate about teaching. Are you? You can share your view by simply commenting.

Enjoy this post? You can always read more by clicking the link below to my main blog where i will feed you with more exciting posts:

https://www.scholarshipvilla.tk/5-proven-tips-made-first-class/
[img]https://4.bp..com/-0DTA2abqSQs/We6yeKreCdI/AAAAAAAAC4Q/6V7o2Le5InUEguEcL3kIS776sljy2nHwwCLcBGAs/s1600/9mOMK.jpg[/img]

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Desperate To Make A First Class? 5 Stress-free Ways On How I Made 4.77 CGPA by dayowunmi(m): 2:42am On Nov 28, 2017
I endorse this! This is massively insightful, I hope it gets to the front page! Thanks for sharing. I think am gonna save the page

31 Likes

Re: Desperate To Make A First Class? 5 Stress-free Ways On How I Made 4.77 CGPA by Deicide: 3:42am On Nov 28, 2017
The number one point is crap is like basically doing noting

And even if a god exist why shoud he give a crap about you getting a first class or not? what of people that believe him that didnt get first class what would you say about that?

Hard work and determination is what might get you first class and not god. there are people around the word with different beliefs and there are doing fine.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desperate To Make A First Class? 5 Stress-free Ways On How I Made 4.77 CGPA by Infamous(m): 7:40am On Nov 28, 2017
Op, you're the real mvp. I enjoyed reading your post. I must confess that you write well.
Having said that, i can't seem to make a goal and stick to it. Call it indiscipline or anything. I will definitely work on it.
You regard yourself as a procastinator, omoh you no do am pass me.
I read a lot albeit stuffs i find on the internet but i usually can't bring myself to read academic books. I kinda find them boring. Do you experience this? How do you overcome it?

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Desperate To Make A First Class? 5 Stress-free Ways On How I Made 4.77 CGPA by tellsblinks(m): 8:33am On Nov 28, 2017
Deicide:
The number one point is crap is like basically doing noting

That is a big lie

Every thing seen in the physical is as a result of it manifestation in the sprirtual.
There is nothing EVER possible without God, including the life you are living, the food you are eating and even the clothes you are wearing(every idea to create something comes from the creator(GOD),clothes,food, and your life was been created)

for you to succeed in your academic pursuit and acheive first class, you need assistant in your thinking(first class people think deeply) The only person that broadens your thinking is the HOLY SPIRIT, he also enhances your UNDERSTANDING. reading without adequate understand is a big waste. You need the God factor bro!

life is no joke

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Desperate To Make A First Class? 5 Stress-free Ways On How I Made 4.77 CGPA by nigeriancritic1(m): 8:48am On Nov 28, 2017
COME AND MAKE FIRST CLASS IN BIOCHEMISTRY ANYWHERE IN NIGERIA. I HAD 2ND CLASS UPPER AFTER DOING ALL OF THE ABOVE!

2 Likes

Re: Desperate To Make A First Class? 5 Stress-free Ways On How I Made 4.77 CGPA by davbravo(m): 9:08am On Nov 28, 2017
nigeriancritic1:

COME AND MAKE FIRST CLASS IN BIOCHEMISTRY ANYWHERE IN NIGERIA. I HAD 2ND CLASS UPPER AFTER DOING ALL OF THE ABOVE!
Because you didn't make first class in Biochemistry doesn't mean others can't

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desperate To Make A First Class? 5 Stress-free Ways On How I Made 4.77 CGPA by Uyi168: 9:56am On Nov 28, 2017
tellsblinks:

That is a big lie

Every thing seen in the physical is as a result of it manifestation in the sprirtual.
There is nothing EVER possible without God, including the life you are living, the food you are eating and even the clothes you are wearing(every idea to create something comes from the creator(GOD),clothes,food, and your life was been created)

for you to succeed in your academic pursuit and acheive first class, you need assistant in your thinking(first class people think deeply) The only person that broadens your thinking is the HOLY SPIRIT, he also enhances your UNDERSTANDING. reading without adequate understand is a big waste. You need the God factor bro!

life is no joke
..I'm not a christian,yet on 1st class..

13 Likes

Re: Desperate To Make A First Class? 5 Stress-free Ways On How I Made 4.77 CGPA by Infamous(m): 10:42am On Nov 28, 2017
Uyi168:
Are you an atheist?
Re: Desperate To Make A First Class? 5 Stress-free Ways On How I Made 4.77 CGPA by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 28, 2017
how do atheists in china and the west make first class did god say u shud go to school

7 Likes

Re: Desperate To Make A First Class? 5 Stress-free Ways On How I Made 4.77 CGPA by Uyi168: 11:02am On Nov 28, 2017
Infamous:
Are you an atheist?
..no
Re: Desperate To Make A First Class? 5 Stress-free Ways On How I Made 4.77 CGPA by Infamous(m): 11:10am On Nov 28, 2017
Uyi168:
..no
Then that is basically saying. You believe in a supreme BEING.

2 Likes

Re: Desperate To Make A First Class? 5 Stress-free Ways On How I Made 4.77 CGPA by Uyi168: 11:14am On Nov 28, 2017
Infamous:
Then that is basically saying. You believe in a supreme BEING.
I'm a deist.

3 Likes

Re: Desperate To Make A First Class? 5 Stress-free Ways On How I Made 4.77 CGPA by Infamous(m): 11:18am On Nov 28, 2017
yeyerolling:
how do atheists in china and the west make first class did god say u shud go to school
Yes, i have always thought about this.
Right now, i believe there is a natural law. If you know this law and live by it, you can achieve anything you want. I believe GOD is NATURE. Being aware of GOD is being aware of NATURE and vice versa. Lemme stop here.

2 Likes

Re: Desperate To Make A First Class? 5 Stress-free Ways On How I Made 4.77 CGPA by Infamous(m): 11:20am On Nov 28, 2017
Uyi168:
I'm a deist.

You believe in the existence of a supreme being; regardless of what HE is called.
Re: Desperate To Make A First Class? 5 Stress-free Ways On How I Made 4.77 CGPA by Uyi168: 11:27am On Nov 28, 2017
Infamous:

You believe in the existence of a supreme being; regardless of what HE is called.
..I believe u knw what deism is all abt..
Re: Desperate To Make A First Class? 5 Stress-free Ways On How I Made 4.77 CGPA by Infamous(m): 11:30am On Nov 28, 2017
Uyi168:
..I believe u knw what deism is all abt..
no, i don't. pls tell me
Re: Desperate To Make A First Class? 5 Stress-free Ways On How I Made 4.77 CGPA by Uyi168: 11:32am On Nov 28, 2017
Infamous:
no, i don't. pls tell me
Check it out on google..
Re: Desperate To Make A First Class? 5 Stress-free Ways On How I Made 4.77 CGPA by Infamous(m): 11:36am On Nov 28, 2017
Uyi168:
Check it out on google..
Just did. So you believe in the existence of GOD but don't believe HE directly affects life on earth, right?
Re: Desperate To Make A First Class? 5 Stress-free Ways On How I Made 4.77 CGPA by Uyi168: 11:43am On Nov 28, 2017
Infamous:

Just did. So you believe in the existence of GOD but don't believe HE directly affects life on earth, right?
yea..
Re: Desperate To Make A First Class? 5 Stress-free Ways On How I Made 4.77 CGPA by carmine9(f): 12:09pm On Nov 28, 2017
Airtime Recharge with Jiji (GLO):
- No Commission
- Fast & Easy
- Secure
Go --> https://jiji.com.ng/airtime-recharge
Re: Desperate To Make A First Class? 5 Stress-free Ways On How I Made 4.77 CGPA by Infamous(m): 12:26pm On Nov 28, 2017
Uyi168:
yea..
Exactly.
Belief in GOD/NATURE makes one to know these laws and by living the laws, anything is achievable.
Christianity has evolved into something else.
Re: Desperate To Make A First Class? 5 Stress-free Ways On How I Made 4.77 CGPA by tellsblinks(m): 1:36pm On Nov 28, 2017
nigeriancritic1:

I doubt that caus I know a frnd that came out with first class in bio chem.

Bro check well you where not consistent in one of the above point.

4 Likes

Re: Desperate To Make A First Class? 5 Stress-free Ways On How I Made 4.77 CGPA by tellsblinks(m): 1:45pm On Nov 28, 2017
Uyi168:

First class in which university? Federal or state? Pls don't tell me it's a private university(that dashes first class to most average student) undecided lipsrsealed

Your first class might be as a result of grace. Am not hear to argue religion with you bro, but with time, you will come to realize that there must be a God factor in everything you do

6 Likes

Re: Desperate To Make A First Class? 5 Stress-free Ways On How I Made 4.77 CGPA by Uyi168: 2:06pm On Nov 28, 2017
tellsblinks:

First class in which university? Federal or state? Pls don't tell me it's a private university(that dashes first class to most average student) undecided lipsrsealed

Your first class might be as a result of grace. Am not hear to argue religion with you bro, but with time, you will come to realize that there must be a God factor in everything you do
..uniben oga..pharmacy.

3 Likes

Re: Desperate To Make A First Class? 5 Stress-free Ways On How I Made 4.77 CGPA by OmoDavido(m): 2:12pm On Nov 28, 2017
op first class in what course...

?
Re: Desperate To Make A First Class? 5 Stress-free Ways On How I Made 4.77 CGPA by dareal199(m): 2:19pm On Nov 28, 2017
dayowunmi:
I endorse this! This is massively insightful, I hope it gets to the front page! Thanks for sharing. I think am gonna save the page
Thanks for stopping by; am glad you find it resouceful, you can as well check our blog for more..... smiley https://www.scholarshipvilla.tk
Re: Desperate To Make A First Class? 5 Stress-free Ways On How I Made 4.77 CGPA by Nobody: 3:39pm On Nov 28, 2017
Uyi168:
..uniben oga..pharmacy.
Dear sir, i'm planning on studying pharmacy. Do you think it's good choice? what are the Job prospects? I await your reply.

1 Like

Re: Desperate To Make A First Class? 5 Stress-free Ways On How I Made 4.77 CGPA by dareal199(m): 4:28pm On Nov 28, 2017
IamTeen:
Dear sir, i'm planning on studying pharmacy. Do you think it's good choice? what are the Job prospects? I await your reply.
According to my own knowledge and point of view Studying pharmacy is a good choice, The vast majority of pharmacy graduates work as pharmacists in large retail chains or independent pharmacies but there are other job Prospects/options available within academia, regulatory bodies and the pharmaceutical industry, Job options

Jobs directly related to your degree include:

Community pharmacist
Hospital pharmacist
Research scientist (medical)

Jobs where your degree would be useful also includes:

Clinical research associate
Higher education lecturer
Medical sales representative
Pharmacologist
Product/process development scientist
Regulatory affairs officer
Research scientist (life sciences)
Science writer
Toxicologist

Remember that many employers accept applications from graduates with any degree subject, so don't restrict your thinking to the jobs listed here there are so many others too Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Desperate To Make A First Class? 5 Stress-free Ways On How I Made 4.77 CGPA by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 28, 2017
dareal199:

According to my own knowledge and point of view Studying pharmacy is a good choice, The vast majority of pharmacy graduates work as pharmacists in large retail chains or independent pharmacies but there are other job Prospects/options available within academia, regulatory bodies and the pharmaceutical industry, Job options

Jobs directly related to your degree include:

Community pharmacist
Hospital pharmacist
Research scientist (medical)

Jobs where your degree would be useful also includes:

Clinical research associate
Higher education lecturer
Medical sales representative
Pharmacologist
Product/process development scientist
Regulatory affairs officer
Research scientist (life sciences)
Science writer
Toxicologist

Remember that many employers accept applications from graduates with any degree subject, so don't restrict your thinking to the jobs listed here there are so many others too Thanks.
Thank you for the response, i appreciate it.

1 Like

Re: Desperate To Make A First Class? 5 Stress-free Ways On How I Made 4.77 CGPA by Uyi168: 5:12pm On Nov 28, 2017
IamTeen:
..As a pharmacist,u can work in the hospital/community pharmacy as clinical pharmacist..the area of industrial pharmacy is also there where u work as regulatory pharmacist..sales and marketing is also there..nt forgeting research and academics

4 Likes

Re: Desperate To Make A First Class? 5 Stress-free Ways On How I Made 4.77 CGPA by dareal199(m): 5:25pm On Nov 28, 2017
IamTeen:
Thank you for the response, i appreciate it.
You are welcome

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Private School Teachers, How Have You Guys Been Coping? / Can A Person Lose His Sanity Due To Excess Reading? / Universities And Their School Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.