Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,047 members, 7,807,141 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:12 AM

How Do I Recover My Money From My Uncle? Urgent Advice Needed Please. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Recover My Money From My Uncle? Urgent Advice Needed Please. (1393 Views)

See The Borehole I Am Doing For My Uncle...a Relief Indeed! / My Uncle Drove To My House To Report Me Because I Wore A Bikini–Nigerian Lady / See The Guava Tree My Uncle Warned Me Not To Pluck From (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Recover My Money From My Uncle? Urgent Advice Needed Please. by crazzyfella: 7:36pm On Nov 28, 2017
I have been a guest but had to create an account because of this.
I am from the North east, did my secondary education in the south by sponsoring myself through menial jobs, finished in 2014 then went back to my village to engage in subsistence farming and also to be close to my mother since no means to further my education. Fast forward to early this year I took jamb and choosed Unimaid, I did well and I was given admission. Prior to this period I have saved some funds from my 3 years of farming, and I had some livestock (2 ram). I went for the registration process and after that I was directed to pay my registration fee which is #34 050, and the money I had left was 23k, so I called my uncle in the village to sell my rams and send the fund for me to complete my reg and to use any money left for my upkeep and ever since then he has refused to pick my call. I called my mum and told her what was happening and after making enquiries she found out my uncle has sold the rams so she confronted him about the funds and he said he has used it for a more important thing that I should not waste my time thinking of forwarding my education because I will not succeed. And my mum has been crying since then, Please how do I get my funds back, what should I do because registration closes by midnight of 30th November, which is on Thursday......... I have contact elders from our village but he still refuse to release my money...... Please what should I do Next.... time is not on my side......

Mods
Lalasticlala
Myndd44
Seun
Please move it to a larger audience
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From My Uncle? Urgent Advice Needed Please. by squash47(m): 7:42pm On Nov 28, 2017
Go to the police station to any human right office in ur state capital and report him.Tell ur mum to be strong and nt the crying type so that the man doesnt kill u....if na church she dy go,make she strong,if na jazz she dy do,make she strong too...uncles can b wickedt

1 Like

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From My Uncle? Urgent Advice Needed Please. by delishpot: 8:08pm On Nov 28, 2017
You bypass ya mama and ask your uncle to sell ya ram, now your innocent mom would be the one doing the battle on your behalf. It's well. Leave an for God is all I can say now.
BTW how much are we talking about
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From My Uncle? Urgent Advice Needed Please. by nifemi25(m): 8:25pm On Nov 28, 2017
When they refer to some set of people as village people. Have it in mind that your brother is there chairman.
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From My Uncle? Urgent Advice Needed Please. by crazzyfella: 8:26pm On Nov 28, 2017
delishpot:
You bypass ya mama and ask your uncle to sell ya ram, now your innocent mom would be the one doing the battle on your behalf. It's well. Leave an for God is all I can say now.
BTW how much are we talking about
It was my mum who even said I should ask my uncle.....
She is not use to this kind of transactions that she couldn't carry it out.
The lowest amount generated should be not less than 30k from the sales......
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From My Uncle? Urgent Advice Needed Please. by crazzyfella: 8:30pm On Nov 28, 2017
squash47:
Go to the police station to any human right office in ur state capital and report him.Tell ur mum to be strong and nt the crying type so that the man doesnt kill u....if na church she dy go,make she strong,if na jazz she dy do,make she strong too...uncles can b wickedt
The police said the distance is too far from maiduguri to my village.
My mum went to station in our village...... the d.p.o said he couldn't do anything ( he is a close friend of my uncle) am frustrated...... the network here is even bad....
Mods please help me reach a bigger audience
Lalasticlala
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From My Uncle? Urgent Advice Needed Please. by crazzyfella: 9:25pm On Nov 28, 2017
Please..... the network service here is terrible...... if you have any idea or advice please text it to 09074.

Ilegend
Tosyne2much
Myndd44
Lalasticlala
Seun
Ishilove
Fynestboi
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From My Uncle? Urgent Advice Needed Please. by azelab: 9:25pm On Nov 28, 2017
The main issue now is how to balance your registration fees, i would advise you to table your issues before the professor in your department and faculty, dont mind your religion now just go straight to the mosque and church, try to table your issue before the imam of central as well as the overseer pastor. even try to visit the sug president and your department president , you will be surprised that the money will complete in a mean time. i finished from unimaid too, the people are very very nice. please to visit those places, by the grace of God the matter will be solved, i wish u best of luck.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From My Uncle? Urgent Advice Needed Please. by infogenius(m): 9:29pm On Nov 28, 2017
I am sorry about what you are going through.
U only need God's intervention on this matter.
But more importantly Divine direction on the direction to turn to.
It will be out of place if u confront ur uncle. Infact it may spark up a generational battle.

For now look for other means to raise money to pay ur fees before revisiting the issue on hand.
Because as it stands according to ur post. Ur uncle does not mean well to you.
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From My Uncle? Urgent Advice Needed Please. by crazzyfella: 9:46pm On Nov 28, 2017
azelab:
The main issue now is how to balance your registration fees, i would advise you to table your issues before the professor in your department and faculty, dont mind your religion now just go straight to the mosque and church, try to table your issue before the imam of central as well as the overseer pastor. even try to visit the sug president and your department president , you will be surprised that the money will complete in a mean time. i finished from unimaid too, the people are very very nice. please to visit those places, by the grace of God the matter will be solved, i wish u best of luck.
Thanks very much..... I will do as you said tomorrow. Thanks
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From My Uncle? Urgent Advice Needed Please. by crazzyfella: 9:51pm On Nov 28, 2017
infogenius:
I am sorry about what you are going through.
U only need God's intervention on this matter.
But more importantly Divine direction on the direction to turn to.
It will be out of place if u confront ur uncle. Infact it may spark up a generational battle.

For now look for other means to raise money to pay ur fees before revisiting the issue on hand.
Because as it stands according to ur post. Ur uncle does not mean well to you.

OK... . I will do as azelab told me, thanks.
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From My Uncle? Urgent Advice Needed Please. by iLegendd(m): 12:29am On Nov 30, 2017
crazzyfella:
Please..... the network service here is terrible...... if you have any idea or advice please text it to 09648117.
Sorry for late reply. Just saw it now. I'll try my best and chat you up tomorrow.

Modified: So urgent? I wish you the best. How has it gone so far?
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From My Uncle? Urgent Advice Needed Please. by LadySarah: 4:51am On Nov 30, 2017
nifemi25:
When they refer to some set of people as village people. Have it in mind that your brother is there chairman.

Hahahahahahaha
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From My Uncle? Urgent Advice Needed Please. by crazzyfella: 3:15pm On Dec 14, 2017
iLegendd:
Sorry for late reply. Just saw it now. I'll try my best and chat you up tomorrow.

Modified: So urgent? I wish you the best. How has it gone so far?
sorry for replying you late bro....... On the eve of the 29th November....... I was called to come down to the village by some elders so as to settle the issue.... upon my arrival the next day I was.arrested by the police..... my uncle had his dpo friend arrest me that I was planning to kill him..... While I was in the cell I was able to contact a friend..... the school authority where informed and they bailed me out after hearing my case...... they say the matter couldn't be taking up to court since no evidence...... I was giving till month end to pay my fees...... I'm devastated presently.... should I just give up ?? Test is starting next week.... I ain't even prepared... exam starts 2nd january..... Somebody should help me out pls
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From My Uncle? Urgent Advice Needed Please. by crazzyfella: 3:15pm On Dec 14, 2017
lalasticlala
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From My Uncle? Urgent Advice Needed Please. by Nobody: 3:28pm On Dec 14, 2017
I have a feeling this guy is a scammer.

I do not believe your story. Registered Nov 28 2017. Just 1 topic, 8 posts and you are already calling on lala. To do what exactly?

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From My Uncle? Urgent Advice Needed Please. by crazzyfella: 3:33pm On Dec 14, 2017
kmcutez:

I do not believe your story. Registered Nov 28 2017. Just 1 topic, 8 posts and you are already calling on lala. To do what exactly?
may you not experience what I'm going through
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From My Uncle? Urgent Advice Needed Please. by crazzyfella: 3:35pm On Dec 14, 2017
kmcutez:

have been visiting this forum as a guest for a long while,
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From My Uncle? Urgent Advice Needed Please. by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 14, 2017
kmcutez:

Madam did you choose to skip the introductory paragraph?
Aproko ppl just full everywhere. If you can't profer solution, then just waka pass, abi did he ask you for money or did you bother to find out if unimaid reg is ongoing?
@op, that money has entered voicemail, I would advice that you find other means possible to raise the money. Get an education and be different.
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From My Uncle? Urgent Advice Needed Please. by crazzyfella: 3:59pm On Dec 14, 2017
EsotericMonk:

Aproko ppl just full everywhere. If you can't profer solution, then just waka pass, abi did he ask you for money or did you bother to find out if unimaid reg is ongoing?
@op, that money has entered voicemail, I wwould advice that you find other means ppossible to raise the money. Get an eeducation and be different.
Thanks Bro, I was just contacted by the Muslim Student Society Of Nigeria ( MSSN Unimaid Chapter), they heard about the case and asked me to come to their secretariat on Monday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From My Uncle? Urgent Advice Needed Please. by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 14, 2017
EsotericMonk:

@op, that money has entered voicemail, I would advice that you find other means possible to raise the money. Get an education and be different.

No, I did not skip it. Did you expect him to say he is a new member?

Anyways, if his story is true, which I do not believe, may he get the required help he needs.
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From My Uncle? Urgent Advice Needed Please. by Welcomme: 4:16pm On Dec 14, 2017
Guy, involve the police but be careful and prayerful when doing so. Truth be told, your uncle might be right, school is useless now. If your reason for going to school is to get a job, then sorry to say, there is no job. Save your money and learn an handwork.
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From My Uncle? Urgent Advice Needed Please. by enabledgoddess(f): 4:49pm On Dec 14, 2017
I weak for this matter o. short of words such a fix you are in.
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From My Uncle? Urgent Advice Needed Please. by Nobody: 5:00pm On Dec 14, 2017
kmcutez:

No, I did not skip it. Did you expect him to say he is a new member?

Anyways, if his story is true, which I do not believe, may he get the required help he needs.
@bolded, he actually did say he is a new member but had been a guest for a while.
Anyways, I don't think we should allow the antics of a few wayward fellows deny those who genuinely need compassion. Its a beautiful world out there, i Iike to give ppl the benefit of doubt.
If for instance you dress suggestively, would it be enough for me to label you with suspicion of a lady with easy virtue? Afterall the young man only asked for advice. Shikena
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From My Uncle? Urgent Advice Needed Please. by crazzyfella: 5:15pm On Dec 14, 2017
enabledgoddess:
I weak for this matter o. short of words such a fix you are in.
God will see me through
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From My Uncle? Urgent Advice Needed Please. by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 14, 2017
Seems like someone warming up to beg undecided

(1) (Reply)

She Was My Cousin: / Nigerian Women Ranked Most Unfaithful In The World / Birthday Wishes To Today' Celebrants:(20th February)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.