Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,323 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:20 AM

7 Types Of Post To Write That Increases Blog Traffic - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 7 Types Of Post To Write That Increases Blog Traffic (9203 Views)

How To Write Blog Posts That Increases Your Adsense Earnings / Get Free Blog Traffic / How Did I Skyrocketed My Blog Traffic From 440 Views To 3000+ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Types Of Post To Write That Increases Blog Traffic by Slaybaby1(f): 2:23am On Nov 29, 2017
Are you stuck for ideas as to what to write about next on your blog? Well, there’s no need to worry. Below are 7 Types Of Post To Write That Increases Blog Traffic.

As bloggers we all get moments when we just can’t think of anything topical to write about. Even if you have a list of article ideas that you want to create, sometimes, sticking to the same type of blog post can become mundane and boring to write.

Which is why you have to diversify your content. Your blog is a platform that can stage any type of content if you put your mind to it.

You can embed videos, images, infographics, podcasts, you name it.

In this article, I’ll share 7 types of blog posts that can help you kick blogger’s block to the curb and keep your readers coming back for more.

7 Types Of Post To Write That Increases Blog Traffic

1 LIST POSTS
This type of content attracts lots of visitors each month. These kind of posts can be of any type – Top facts , Recommended Ways , etc. but if the topic is quite interesting, you should see an increase in your traffic in a few days. List posts always get shared a lot on social media sites and are linked back a lot so you will get social and referral traffic as well as a lot of backlinks.

2. RESOURCE POSTS
Resource posts bring traffic and backlinks from different sources.

When publishing resource posts keep in mind that any site or product you mention in the post should be working. It would be better if you personally check all those products and sites and see if they are working before adding to the post.

Though it will surely take some extra time but it will be definitely worth it when people appreciate your efforts.

3. HOW- TOS GUIDE AND TUTORIAL
Tutorials and how-to posts can increase your traffic considerably.
You have to search for problems that a lot of people are facing and put yourself in that situation and apply some solutions to solve the problem. When you are writing a post on “ how to take backup of your blog ”, you have to actually take a backup and show it to your readers using images and screenshots.

If your readers are facing any problems then you will be able to solve them immediately because you too have performed the same thing and you know which problems will come up and which ones won’t.

So if you are good at solving problems, then writing tutorials on your blog will attract a lot of visitors.

4. VIDEO
Videos are amazing and many people love videos! If given a chance to read a 1000-word long post and watching a 4-minute video explaining everything that you mentioned in the post, people will most likely choose to go with the video.

5. MASSIVE VALUABLE POSTS(MVP’S)
These types of blog posts are huge, they’re not your average 800-word blog posts, but more like 2,000+, and, they require a lot of time and effort to create.

Again, like case study articles, MVPs can provide an incredible amount of value and education for your readers.

Cornerstone posts or MVP’s are made up using all kinds of content from various mediums, i.e. text form, video, visual content, graphs and charts, presentations in PDF form, screen-captures, and more.

6. QUESTION AND ANSWER POSTS
These are wonderful posts to create for your readers.

First you have to listen to your audience, ask them questions and post surveys. Find out what they really want to know, and then create a question and answer post.

You can create a Q&A post on a specific topic or a variety of topics. Specifics often work best, for example – Email List Building: 20 Questions And Answers, or Driving Traffic From Social Media: 30 Questions And Answers.

7. STORY TELLING POSTS
Everybody loves to read an inspirational post. Whether you’re offering motivational tips, time management tips, or sharing a moving story, motivational posts can be great little traffic and comment pullers by themselves.

People can relate to good old story telling, especially if it’s relevant, or vibes well with them.

Writing a motivational post also demonstrates to your audience that you actually care about them, and respect their feelings, goals and ambitions.

CONCLUSION
I would really love to know your views about the post and also your experiences and results. Happy Blogging!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 Types Of Post To Write That Increases Blog Traffic by TRAPP(m): 2:31am On Nov 29, 2017
I think posts about celebrities would easily overshadow the above listed posts.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Types Of Post To Write That Increases Blog Traffic by 3html: 3:55am On Nov 29, 2017
TRAPP:
That is why u are still looking for traffic.. Write things for Google.
What he wrote there is best guide ok
Leave celebrity for Lindaikeji
That's my few weeks adsense acc.
Mind u it's just 2 months old blog
I can't even share my blog stories on nairaland.com to avoid copy n paste
I write stuff, share on social media then leave Google to do the rest

Edited: anyone that need advice can simply ask here, pls don't contact me privately so that others will learn

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Types Of Post To Write That Increases Blog Traffic by Slaybaby1(f): 3:56am On Nov 29, 2017
3html:

True talk

2 Likes

Re: 7 Types Of Post To Write That Increases Blog Traffic by 3html: 4:04am On Nov 29, 2017
Slaybaby1:

True talk
Honestly most people overate celebrity blog, if I want to go into celebrity blog I will just concentrate on stuff like this
Linderikeji cars and houses in bananas Island
Who is nkem owoh
Nkem owoh family pictures
Who is pet edochi
Is pet edochi dead?
Search those words on Google and look at the recommendations Google give ad see similar searches

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Types Of Post To Write That Increases Blog Traffic by BruncleZuma: 6:50am On Nov 29, 2017
grin grin grin grin

Blogging 101
Re: 7 Types Of Post To Write That Increases Blog Traffic by trustibk1(m): 6:50am On Nov 29, 2017
smiley
Re: 7 Types Of Post To Write That Increases Blog Traffic by ladeb: 6:51am On Nov 29, 2017
Re: 7 Types Of Post To Write That Increases Blog Traffic by Finstar: 6:53am On Nov 29, 2017
TRAPP:

You have a long way to go

2 Likes

Re: 7 Types Of Post To Write That Increases Blog Traffic by Kingsley121(m): 6:57am On Nov 29, 2017
Nice one op

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Types Of Post To Write That Increases Blog Traffic by austonclint(m): 6:57am On Nov 29, 2017
Good one..... Being original is another one ... Even if u want to copy ... Copy but in your own terms

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Post To Write That Increases Blog Traffic by Emjay1310(m): 6:59am On Nov 29, 2017
Nice. This post is very helpful.

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Post To Write That Increases Blog Traffic by AdolfHitlerxXx: 7:01am On Nov 29, 2017
BOOB posts...

Leaked posts....

Reaction posts...
angry

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Post To Write That Increases Blog Traffic by Nobody: 7:05am On Nov 29, 2017
Is dis blogging worth it self My friend wants to leave his access bank job for blogging. Person wey dey on 300 k plus salary

4 Likes

Re: 7 Types Of Post To Write That Increases Blog Traffic by Oyiboman69: 7:14am On Nov 29, 2017
Slaybaby1:
Are you stuck for ideas as to what to write about next on your blog? Well, there’s no need to worry. Below are 7 Types Of Post To Write That Increases Blog Traffic.

As bloggers we all get moments when we just can’t think of anything topical to write about. Even if you have a list of article ideas that you want to create, sometimes, sticking to the same type of blog post can become mundane and boring to write.

Which is why you have to diversify your content. Your blog is a platform that can stage any type of content if you put your mind to it.

You can embed videos, images, infographics, podcasts, you name it.

In this article, I’ll share 7 types of blog posts that can help you kick blogger’s block to the curb and keep your readers coming back for more.

7 Types Of Post To Write That Increases Blog Traffic

1 LIST POSTS
This type of content attracts lots of visitors each month. These kind of posts can be of any type – Top facts , Recommended Ways , etc. but if the topic is quite interesting, you should see an increase in your traffic in a few days. List posts always get shared a lot on social media sites and are linked back a lot so you will get social and referral traffic as well as a lot of backlinks.

2. RESOURCE POSTS
Resource posts bring traffic and backlinks from different sources.

When publishing resource posts keep in mind that any site or product you mention in the post should be working. It would be better if you personally check all those products and sites and see if they are working before adding to the post.

Though it will surely take some extra time but it will be definitely worth it when people appreciate your efforts.

3. HOW- TOS GUIDE AND TUTORIAL
Tutorials and how-to posts can increase your traffic considerably.
You have to search for problems that a lot of people are facing and put yourself in that situation and apply some solutions to solve the problem. When you are writing a post on “ how to take backup of your blog ”, you have to actually take a backup and show it to your readers using images and screenshots.

If your readers are facing any problems then you will be able to solve them immediately because you too have performed the same thing and you know which problems will come up and which ones won’t.

So if you are good at solving problems, then writing tutorials on your blog will attract a lot of visitors.

4. VIDEO
Videos are amazing and many people love videos! If given a chance to read a 1000-word long post and watching a 4-minute video explaining everything that you mentioned in the post, people will most likely choose to go with the video.

5. MASSIVE VALUABLE POSTS(MVP’S)
These types of blog posts are huge, they’re not your average 800-word blog posts, but more like 2,000+, and, they require a lot of time and effort to create.

Again, like case study articles, MVPs can provide an incredible amount of value and education for your readers.

Cornerstone posts or MVP’s are made up using all kinds of content from various mediums, i.e. text form, video, visual content, graphs and charts, presentations in PDF form, screen-captures, and more.

6. QUESTION AND ANSWER POSTS
These are wonderful posts to create for your readers.

First you have to listen to your audience, ask them questions and post surveys. Find out what they really want to know, and then create a question and answer post.

You can create a Q&A post on a specific topic or a variety of topics. Specifics often work best, for example – Email List Building: 20 Questions And Answers, or Driving Traffic From Social Media: 30 Questions And Answers.

7. STORY TELLING POSTS
Everybody loves to read an inspirational post. Whether you’re offering motivational tips, time management tips, or sharing a moving story, motivational posts can be great little traffic and comment pullers by themselves.

People can relate to good old story telling, especially if it’s relevant, or vibes well with them.

Writing a motivational post also demonstrates to your audience that you actually care about them, and respect their feelings, goals and ambitions.

CONCLUSION
I would really love to know your views about the post and also your experiences and results. Happy Blogging!
I don't understand undecided
Re: 7 Types Of Post To Write That Increases Blog Traffic by KnowMore: 7:16am On Nov 29, 2017
300k plus a salary and you see it as ok. While blogging can be fetching you as good as more than 500k each month if you know your left from your right.

Banking job is slavery. Blogging gives you time to fix other life activities and at the same time, you make money while you sleep.

Banking Job my foot! It's a total shit.

yeyerolling:
Is dis blogging worth it self My friend wants to leave his access bank job for blogging. Person wey dey on 300 k plus salary

6 Likes

Re: 7 Types Of Post To Write That Increases Blog Traffic by Moorecsaf: 7:18am On Nov 29, 2017
Linderikeji cars and houses in bananas Island

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Post To Write That Increases Blog Traffic by dakeskese(m): 7:23am On Nov 29, 2017
Pastorpreneural blogs...
Re: 7 Types Of Post To Write That Increases Blog Traffic by magictonic(m): 7:23am On Nov 29, 2017
Ok

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Post To Write That Increases Blog Traffic by kay29000(m): 7:26am On Nov 29, 2017
yeyerolling:

He better stick to the job o. Very few people make money from blogging.

Please OP, this your two months blog that you spoke about, what Niche is it in? Your earnings I'm such a short while is impressive.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Types Of Post To Write That Increases Blog Traffic by 3html: 7:38am On Nov 29, 2017
kay29000:

He better stick to the job o. Very few people make money from blogging.

Please OP, this your two months blog that you spoke about, what Niche is it in? Your earnings I'm such a short while is impressive.
I can never ever disclose my site on nairaland... There are days I make $40.
I write original content... Mind you I have been into blogging for about 7year but I hated adsense, I independently raise good revenues from selling of stuff... I won't mention... In fact I built my first house from self monitization.
But I leta change my mind to go with adsense since my sales decline more than 80% backwards and a guy said he makes roughly $50 a day on one post on nairaland here ... It changed my perspective
My Facebook page is less than 100 likes not upto

4 Likes

Re: 7 Types Of Post To Write That Increases Blog Traffic by kay29000(m): 7:45am On Nov 29, 2017
3html:

I can never ever disclose my site on nairaland... There are days I make $40.
I write original content... Mind you I have been into blogging for about 7year but I hated adsense, I independently raise good revenues from selling of stuff... I won't mention... In fact I built my first house from self monitization.
But I leta change my mind to go with adsense since my sales decline more than 80% backwards and a guy said he makes roughly $50 a day on one post on nairaland here ... It changed my perspective
My Facebook page is less than 100 likes not upto

Hmm! So no expo for me so I can make some money too? Actually I blogged from 2008-2016, but never made much. I guess cos my blog was a rap blog, and that niche isn't so wide. I was making a pitiful 50 cents a day. So embarrassing. I finally just gave up on it last year. I outgrew what I was writing about sha.

So, I wanna ask... If your blog is just two months old, how did you get Adsense on it so fast? I know for sure you can't get Adsense on a blog if it ain't at least like 3 months old.

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Post To Write That Increases Blog Traffic by Abbotp: 8:24am On Nov 29, 2017
Nice one....
Re: 7 Types Of Post To Write That Increases Blog Traffic by Abbotp: 8:25am On Nov 29, 2017
Congrats.......excellent job

3html:

Re: 7 Types Of Post To Write That Increases Blog Traffic by Surefire1: 8:47am On Nov 29, 2017
my guy can you tutor me? as an new and i need to get my blog running
3html:

Re: 7 Types Of Post To Write That Increases Blog Traffic by Surefire1: 8:47am On Nov 29, 2017
my guy can you tutor me? as am new and i need to get my blog running
3html:

Re: 7 Types Of Post To Write That Increases Blog Traffic by Heartbender: 8:48am On Nov 29, 2017
You forgot posts of perversion...sexual, ritual, etc. Those ones cause traffic jam

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Post To Write That Increases Blog Traffic by IamShiningStar(f): 8:50am On Nov 29, 2017
good one op, thanks for sharing.
Re: 7 Types Of Post To Write That Increases Blog Traffic by Webman007: 9:16am On Nov 29, 2017
How to's
5 Ways to do this and that...
Why peter is better than Paul....

etc

2 Likes

Re: 7 Types Of Post To Write That Increases Blog Traffic by 3html: 9:24am On Nov 29, 2017
Heartbender:
You forgot posts of perversion...sexual, ritual, etc. Those ones cause traffic jam
We are looking at what people searches on Google not what you imagine.
There are lot of tools online that you can make use of.
How many people search on topic like
"Retual news from a city for today"
"Sexual rape for today"
Keywords like this are good for Lindaikeji and nairaland which already have daily dedicated visitors.
But look at this topic
"30 business to start with #20,000 in Nigeria "
How to Make money from Facebook
How to study in Europe under free education
How to successfully become a nollywood actress
How to how
People need information that will be of invaluable help to them ok

3 Likes

Re: 7 Types Of Post To Write That Increases Blog Traffic by newslifeop: 9:48am On Nov 29, 2017
Fake news.post
Re: 7 Types Of Post To Write That Increases Blog Traffic by TheManofTomorrow(m): 9:59am On Nov 29, 2017
Nice one slaybaby1 one.

Looks like your blog is a new one. How much have you made so far? gringrin

Was thinking maybe I should go into blogging or writing articles for bloggers. I don't know which one will be worthwhile. Kindly enlighten me

(1) (2) (Reply)

Learn HTML LIVE On Nairaland!!! / How To Easily Add Adsense Ads Anywhere In Your Blogger Post / Learn Simple Steps on how To Design your own Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.