Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,427 members, 7,781,245 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:13 AM

6 Problematic Things That Nigerian Men Have Been Raised To Believe - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 6 Problematic Things That Nigerian Men Have Been Raised To Believe (26001 Views)

How Will I Deal With A Stepmother Who Loves Swearing,abusing And Problematic / Men Have Become More Randy, Intolerant And Abusive Than Before. / Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Problematic Things That Nigerian Men Have Been Raised To Believe by alexmaye(m): 12:20pm On Nov 29, 2017
Jackson042:

I don't know whose telling you all these bullshit!

Everyone is proud...

Male & female...

Isn't it the guy who humbles himself & makes the first approach to a girl they like?

Ask any girl to do the same... she'll tell you that "any girl who makes the first move is cheap & desperate"

Now tell me, isn't that pride?

Because I know that my American babes... if they see a guy they like, they approach him & start a conversation...

But African girls will stick to their "green light" bullshit!
you are so on point �
Re: 6 Problematic Things That Nigerian Men Have Been Raised To Believe by Bv3rmie: 12:21pm On Nov 29, 2017
So the average Nigerian man should then do what? Surpass average and become a politician or what?
Re: 6 Problematic Things That Nigerian Men Have Been Raised To Believe by Praiseamazing: 12:22pm On Nov 29, 2017
SIGNS OF IMMATURITY IN MARRIAGE FOR MEN:

1. Rejecting food when there's an issue:

Mr husband, you gave your wife money for food and after it was prepared you refused to eat because you are angry. It's one of the greatest signs of immaturity, it's time to grow up! You should not even abandon your home for any reason. You could go somewhere when angry but ensure that you don't allow it to linger unnecessarily because that is enough for the devil to build on even though some women can be really troublesome.

2. Telling your wife severally that you are the head:

May I let you know that even when your wife disobeys/ disrespect you she still knows that you are the head. You need not shout or scream it daily. Or do we need to get you a slot on CNN? It's important for you to know when and how to be firm and put your feet down over issues, however don't become a nagging husband just to prove that you are the head.

3. Issuing threats:

beating, verbally abusing your wife, issuing threats of divorce or bragging about marrying another wife does not make you a man. An EMPTY barrel makes the loudest noise. Your strength is in your ability to tame your tongue and control your fist. When she is acting her "childish woman" part, play the "matured man."

4. Reporting your wife to friends and family:

When your wife offends you, correct
and talk things through. You don't have to tell everyone about her mistakes, that will paint her black and sell her cheap such that you will not be able to redeem her back.
By the way, are you a reporter? Answer my question.

5. Keeping malice:

is it not funny to know that some men keep malice? Some of them even nag, criticise, abuse and call their wives names in public. It may make you look like a "big boy" who's in control but you are not going to gain anything good from it, your home will only be a den of insults and confrontations.

6. Not helping with house chores:

I must say here that it is the sole responsibility of a woman to tend and manage a home when she chooses to be a full time house wife. However, it's not a bad thing if a man lends a helping hand when necessary. Watching football with newspaper in your hand every evening, not caring how stressful the house chores are will only increase the pressure on your wife and if you truly care you'll help, just checking on her while busy could encourage and sooth her, this also makes you a good example to the kids especially the boys. Some men don't even say "thank You" to their wives after eating, all they do is compare her with other women. It's a shame that after having 3-4 kids some men cannot change a simple diaper or
prepare cereal meals; a big shame.

My point?

A REAL man is a pillar of support to his wife, not a hole of depression.
Re: 6 Problematic Things That Nigerian Men Have Been Raised To Believe by alexmaye(m): 12:23pm On Nov 29, 2017
But seriously what do the females want us to do? Lie flat on the floor for Una and call it equality
Re: 6 Problematic Things That Nigerian Men Have Been Raised To Believe by Nobody: 12:25pm On Nov 29, 2017
OP, you are madt
Re: 6 Problematic Things That Nigerian Men Have Been Raised To Believe by alexmaye(m): 12:26pm On Nov 29, 2017
Praiseamazing:
SIGNS OF IMMATURITY IN MARRIAGE FOR MEN:

1. Rejecting food when there's an issue:

Mr husband, you gave your wife money for food and after it was prepared you refused to eat because you are angry. It's one of the greatest signs of immaturity, it's time to grow up! You should not even abandon your home for any reason. You could go somewhere when angry but ensure that you don't allow it to linger unnecessarily because that is enough for the devil to build on even though some women can be really troublesome.

2. Telling your wife severally that you are the head:

May I let you know that even when your wife disobeys/ disrespect you she still knows that you are the head. You need not shout or scream it daily. Or do we need to get you a slot on CNN? It's important for you to know when and how to be firm and put your feet down over issues, however don't become a nagging husband just to prove that you are the head.

3. Issuing threats:

beating, verbally abusing your wife, issuing threats of divorce or bragging about marrying another wife does not make you a man. An EMPTY barrel makes the loudest noise. Your strength is in your ability to tame your tongue and control your fist. When she is acting her "childish woman" part, play the "matured man."

4. Reporting your wife to friends and family:

When your wife offends you, correct
and talk things through. You don't have to tell everyone about her mistakes, that will paint her black and sell her cheap such that you will not be able to redeem her back.
By the way, are you a reporter? Answer my question.

5. Keeping malice:

is it not funny to know that some men keep malice? Some of them even nag, criticise, abuse and call their wives names in public. It may make you look like a "big boy" who's in control but you are not going to gain anything good from it, your home will only be a den of insults and confrontations.

6. Not helping with house chores:

I must say here that it is the sole responsibility of a woman to tend and manage a home when she chooses to be a full time house wife. However, it's not a bad thing if a man lends a helping hand when necessary. Watching football with newspaper in your hand every evening, not caring how stressful the house chores are will only increase the pressure on your wife and if you truly care you'll help, just checking on her while busy could encourage and sooth her, this also makes you a good example to the kids especially the boys. Some men don't even say "thank You" to their wives after eating, all they do is compare her with other women. It's a shame that after having 3-4 kids some men cannot change a simple diaper or
prepare cereal meals; a big shame.

My point?

A REAL man is a pillar of support to his wife, not a hole of depression.
your post is nice but it is laughable especially no 6
Re: 6 Problematic Things That Nigerian Men Have Been Raised To Believe by dowjones(m): 12:28pm On Nov 29, 2017
This is the most idiotic article i've seen from a man

1 Like

Re: 6 Problematic Things That Nigerian Men Have Been Raised To Believe by Nobody: 12:33pm On Nov 29, 2017
Written by a Tw@t.
Re: 6 Problematic Things That Nigerian Men Have Been Raised To Believe by zuchii01(m): 12:47pm On Nov 29, 2017
undecidedThank you writer, but why is it that the x cells are stronger than the y cells dat are weak? In the sparm
Re: 6 Problematic Things That Nigerian Men Have Been Raised To Believe by Etuagievin(m): 12:59pm On Nov 29, 2017
newbornmacho:
You can be the neck or even the tail while your wife is the head who cares?. Stupid article
what now is stupid about the article?
Re: 6 Problematic Things That Nigerian Men Have Been Raised To Believe by Ashley86400: 1:01pm On Nov 29, 2017
Jackson042:

You don't even understand what they mean by "boys don't cry" OR "big boys don't cry"

Of course they do cry.. but they don't cry in public like a baby... except if they are physically beaten... men are naturally strong minded while women are fragile...

that's why any small thing, women will start crying...

a man will misplace his phone.. it will pain him.. but he won't cry.. instead when he's alone, he might feel sad..

but if a woman misplaced her phone, she'll cry from morning till night... and continue the next day...
Men are physically stronger while women are emotionally stronger.
Most ignorant niggers here don't know tears are a way for the body to reduce stress and pent up emotions. Wether you're in pain or you lose someone or something, once you cry, you feel better.
So your idea of fragility makes no sense. .what's the point of being physically strong when you're emotionally weak?
Women might cry over a lot of things, but the day they stop crying ,know that you're fucckked.
Re: 6 Problematic Things That Nigerian Men Have Been Raised To Believe by Jackson042: 1:02pm On Nov 29, 2017
Mollyallex:

African girls wait for you to approach them because they 've been taught that a woman who approaches a man is too forward and cheap.

That's African mentality sha... but it's not right.. If you're into someone, approach the person. It's not a must that you'll let the person know that you have a crush on him..

Some girls will give their so called "green light" & when the guy approaches them, they'll still be playing the "hard to get" game.

Approaching a guy doesn't make you cheap... It all depends on how you carry & cordinate yourself...

A cheap girl is a cheap girl... doesn't matter who approaches who first...

2 Likes

Re: 6 Problematic Things That Nigerian Men Have Been Raised To Believe by cardoctor(m): 1:03pm On Nov 29, 2017
Beating my chest.
Re: 6 Problematic Things That Nigerian Men Have Been Raised To Believe by Ashley86400: 1:03pm On Nov 29, 2017
Jackson042:

My dear... by right, the man is meant to be the bread winner of the Family... it has been like that since ages...

His wife can never take up the role of a man.. instead, she can only support him.. but that does not make her the bread winner...

Go back to your Bible... Why did God create Eve?

Wasn't it to be Adam's companion & to support him in looking after the Garden of Eden?
Religious zombie spotted.

Re: 6 Problematic Things That Nigerian Men Have Been Raised To Believe by Jackson042: 1:30pm On Nov 29, 2017
Ashley86400:

Men are physically stronger while women are emotionally stronger.
Most ignorant niggers here don't know tears are a way for the body to reduce stress and pent up emotions. Wether you're in pain or you lose someone or something, once you cry, you feel better.
So your idea of fragility makes no sense. .what's the point of being physically strong when you're emotionally weak?
Women might cry over a lot of things, but the day they stop crying ,know that you're fucckked.

I didn't say guys don't cry... i just said, they don't show it publicly... they can cry when they're inside.. but once they come out, they put on a smile... that's what i mean by being emotional strong..

But a girl, no matter how hard she trys to hide it, tears must drop down her cheeks...

Women might cry over a lot of things, but the day they stop crying, know that you're fucckked
First of all, you should know that this is not 100% accurate... Girls vary... most of them, tend to move on with their lives once they stop crying... but if that guy should mend his ways, the girl might give him another chance...

know that you're fucckked
It's because of the mentality that we all have now... She might say "he's my ex. going back to him will be somehow" OR "what will my friends say if i date him again?" OR "what if he hasn't changed?"
That's the reason...
Re: 6 Problematic Things That Nigerian Men Have Been Raised To Believe by Jackson042: 1:33pm On Nov 29, 2017
Ashley86400:

My dear.. there's no Zombie... Its just plain fact...

A woman can support a man... but can't be the man..

Why is she called "Woman"?
Re: 6 Problematic Things That Nigerian Men Have Been Raised To Believe by Jackson042: 1:35pm On Nov 29, 2017
Ashley86400:

Are you trying to say that the Bible is a lie?
Re: 6 Problematic Things That Nigerian Men Have Been Raised To Believe by blackbeau1(f): 1:44pm On Nov 29, 2017
daylife7:

Nigerian women believe a man must pay them after sex.....
you want to talk about that , go and write about it
Re: 6 Problematic Things That Nigerian Men Have Been Raised To Believe by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 2:39pm On Nov 29, 2017
Hedonistically:

Thank you very much. Let the stupid Nairaland feminists provide a sensible response to this.

I would go and steal money to fund one yeye long marriage/wedding process and afterwards I would still be expected to bring bring bring, spend spend spend, yet you want to question my right to relax with other women? Because I came to this world to suffer for you alone. Nonsense. Out of all this nonsense, the idea that a man should stick to just one woman for the rest of his life is the one I consider most provocative.

How many people do you now want to suffer for?
Re: 6 Problematic Things That Nigerian Men Have Been Raised To Believe by Xtopher123(m): 2:47pm On Nov 29, 2017
Rather than Learn a thing or two from the Post and still reserve sentiments which is allowed, some people would blatantly close their eyes and walk away..

Nigerians we Hate the Truth..
Re: 6 Problematic Things That Nigerian Men Have Been Raised To Believe by Temitharyo(m): 4:17pm On Nov 29, 2017
Please help a brother, I need a good job am tired of staying at home, I recently quit my teaching job September cos the take home is less rewarding 17k. I have ND in masscomunication from Moshood Abiola polytechnic. I live in Lagos state ojo local government area 08056704716, 0818678568 please help a brother.
Re: 6 Problematic Things That Nigerian Men Have Been Raised To Believe by Hedonistically: 4:32pm On Nov 29, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:

How many people do you now want to suffer for?

More like how many people I want to enjoy myself with... I suffer to make money in order to enjoy myself. That's the point.
Re: 6 Problematic Things That Nigerian Men Have Been Raised To Believe by Nobody: 4:34pm On Nov 29, 2017
mrkunlex:

https://www.bellanaija.com/2017/11/6-problematic-things-nigerian-men-raised-believe-truth/

Stupid Biafrans and Afonjas are guilty as charged. #UselessBratsParadingThemselvesAsMen #RealMenMyArse!

Re: 6 Problematic Things That Nigerian Men Have Been Raised To Believe by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 29, 2017
theapeman:
what manner of rubbish have I read that irritated my eyes!

That's why idiots like you will never progress with your flat heads.#BloodyIlliterate!

Re: 6 Problematic Things That Nigerian Men Have Been Raised To Believe by iRepNaija1: 6:31pm On Nov 29, 2017
OP, you shouldn't have bothered with this write-up. The only thing you managed to do was bring out NL members who want to insult you, tell you that you hate all men, call you a feminist/say this is about feminism, distract the conversation by pointing at women's "faults" in response, and make comments that don't contribute to the discussion. If your write-up didn't apply to these naysayers, they wouldn't have bothered responding in the first place.

The fact of the matter is that there is truth to the what the OP is saying and the responders, not matter how much they try, can't negate that. They can look our society and see for themselves, if they want to. Smh. This site used to be a cool place to come to.
Re: 6 Problematic Things That Nigerian Men Have Been Raised To Believe by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 6:32pm On Nov 29, 2017
Hedonistically:

More like how many people I want to enjoy myself with... I suffer to make money in order to enjoy myself. That's the point.

That will cost you more money.
One woman is cheaper
Re: 6 Problematic Things That Nigerian Men Have Been Raised To Believe by Mryacks: 10:07pm On Nov 29, 2017
blackbeau1:
That a man who shows love or helps out with the household chores is weak.

Now this is one I don't eveb understand....
Re: 6 Problematic Things That Nigerian Men Have Been Raised To Believe by kiddapunk: 8:58am On Nov 30, 2017
Besides the first point, the rest is unacceptable.
Re: 6 Problematic Things That Nigerian Men Have Been Raised To Believe by Temitharyo(m): 11:41am On Nov 30, 2017
Pls help a brother I need a good job, tired of staying at home I recently quit the teaching job am doing due to poor take home of 17k,now have been at home for 3months, I have ND in masscomunication at mapoly, I stay at ojo local government area. 08056704716, 08186785638
Re: 6 Problematic Things That Nigerian Men Have Been Raised To Believe by Temitharyo(m): 11:46am On Nov 30, 2017
Temitharyo:
Pls help a brother I need a good job, tired of staying at home I recently quit the teaching job am doing due to poor take home of 17k,now have been at home for 3months, I have ND in masscomunication at mapoly, I stay at ojo local government area. 08056704716, 08186785638
Re: 6 Problematic Things That Nigerian Men Have Been Raised To Believe by oxon(m): 3:14pm On Nov 30, 2017
good Riddance's to bad rubbish , plz let me make some thing clear a woman is in no way equal to a man .. till the day women would do brick layer work , or weld or pack shit then I might believe , the o.p did mention men have pride ,well that is the denominator of a man our pride is wrapped with dignity and honour that is why men look down at other men who gossip about other men , that's why men don't go and wish each other all the best on face book but say all sort of despicable things about the same friend of theirs to any ear who is ready to listen , that is why gigolo business is frowned on by the men community but Aristo business is taken with complacency withing the female circle , a man does not get delusion of grandeur from ridding shot gun in his best friends car but a woman can catch an attitude by just taking a picture with a b list celebrity or getting 200 likes on .I.g .. pride deficiency is the reason a woman would spread her legs for anything that would pay her bills women don't have pride the way they have tricked the world to believe , even women would be quick to call a man who cries or bitch about everything a woman , feminist are just confused if am to treat the o.p the way I treat my fellow man ..example call her an idiot as a form of compliment or take a jovial jab at her she will be quick to understand and hold unto the advantages she might have as a woman..plz take a seat eh

1 Like

Re: 6 Problematic Things That Nigerian Men Have Been Raised To Believe by oxon(m): 3:24pm On Nov 30, 2017
iRepNaija1:
OP, you shouldn't have bothered with this write-up. The only thing you managed to do was bring out NL members who want to insult you, tell you that you hate all men, call you a feminist/say this is about feminism, distract the conversation by pointing at women's "faults" in response, and make comments that don't contribute to the discussion. If your write-up didn't apply to these naysayers, they wouldn't have bothered responding in the first place.

The fact of the matter is that there is truth to the what the OP is saying and the responders, not matter how much they try, can't negate that. They can look our society and see for themselves, if they want to. Smh. This site used to be a cool place to come to.
if you a man am most certain when you have sex , she wears a strap on and take you from behind bitch nigga while you scream ,but if you are a woman its okay you point don't matter anyway

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? / Can A Wife Be Envious Of Her Husband's Success? / My Wife Is Pregnant For An ‘Okada’ Man, Pastor Laments In Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.