Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,885 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone (20495 Views)

Consat TV Information & Installation Guide For Installers/users / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by pitodenz(m): 7:45am On Mar 27, 2010
HI all, am Pitodenz and i reside at The Garden City Port Harcourt
If you are a satellite TV Installer and Technician lets come out here and share our experience and problems. Regarding my vast experience and practical in satellite installations and networking am out here to share and learn more so lets all come out here and introduce and help our selves both newbies and the Babas.
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by Ameboperoo(m): 8:31am On Mar 27, 2010
Good thread. I've nailed pas7ku, Astra2b, w4/w6, sirius/w3, nss7 but I've never laid my hands on big dish but I was so confident that I told somebody I could install Nilesat. I went to test the 3.2m dish and lnb. I was only able to get w4. I even tried in vain to nail nss7, sirius. Pls house, help me with the lnb skew, and any tip.
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by woonick: 10:00am On Mar 27, 2010
myshopadmin.info
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by pitodenz(m): 10:31pm On Mar 27, 2010
@ Ameboperoo
Installation of big dishes re different from small ku dishes. We have big dish for c-band installations for within reach beams which we mostly motorize. Another one is for tracking off-print beam ie.out of reach beam like nilesat,badr,hobird,eurobird and many more.
Now you re having problems with installation of off-print beam which u were unable to get even within beam signal like nss7ku due to ur inexperience with bigger dishes.
This what you ll always do when installing any big dish mostly locally constructed either fiber or pan dishes. First of all try and locate a very easy within beam like hitv signal or nss7ku,this is to test the focal calculation of the dish which in most cases must come green no matter how bad the focal length is calculated.
If for instant am to track nilesat @ west i ll first of all look for nss7ku which is a within beam and the result i got from it ll tell how good the dish is. Any big dish that is unable to get all the tps in within beam signal to maximum will not be able to give a good result with out of beam signal.
I ll list the secrets and techniques that ll guide you for a successful installation but that will be in my next post cos am very tired now,i want to go to bed.
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by chuk101(m): 2:42pm On Mar 28, 2010
Oga pitodendz good day to u. I have been having this pros with w2a, i have not been able to nail that bird again are they working on it or am i doing anything wrong
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by pitodenz(m): 4:09pm On Mar 28, 2010
@ Chuks
Change ur lnbf to supermas if u re using strong. Let me know how it goes.
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by GeorgeD1(m): 4:51pm On Mar 28, 2010
pito,
good work here.

Ameboperoo,
like pito rightly said, installing small dishes and big dishes require different technique.
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by pitodenz(m): 9:41pm On Apr 01, 2010
Anybody that has problem with installation,networking and distribution of satellite tv should drop it here. Also if u have receiver malfunction of any kind let hear it here for solution. If u got a very good solution for any of the above please share it with us here.
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by borderline(m): 11:57pm On Apr 01, 2010
@pito
i thhink i av askd dis question b4 but didnt follow it up.
Now,i want the tv in my bedroom connected to d video feed from d decoder.pls how do i go about it without needing a signal amplifier
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by olatiler(m): 9:03am On Apr 02, 2010
@all i need help, b4 i loop from daarbox to 4653 inorder to allow my brother to enjoy path of FTA stuff, but they cant enjoy it to their convenience because some channels that i like to watch are MPEG4 while 4652 is MPEG2 so what & what should i buy to make them watch what am watching direct?
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by Kcbenjamin(m): 11:08am On Apr 02, 2010
@ olatilar why not go thru your RF port. Though the only limitation is the inability to for multi view.
  @ pitodenz still waiting for your secret technic towards a better and faster way to nail nilesat because each time read the post of some members of this forum saying they spent two, four and even a whole trying to track that bird gives me the creeps. The one that freaks me out is that of enitan whereby people who have tracked that before came to help and yet the time was still extrem.
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by pitodenz(m): 12:39pm On Apr 02, 2010
@ Boderline
Your question i not clear,but if u re looking for a way to get a video signal to your bedroom,why not use ur rf out or better make me to understand ur question well.
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by pitodenz(m): 12:48pm On Apr 02, 2010
Kcbenjamin:

@ olatilar why not go thru your RF port. Though the only limitation is the inability to for multi view.
  @ pitodenz still waiting for your secret technic towards a better and faster way to nail nilesat because each time read the post of some members of this forum saying they spent two, four and even a whole trying to track that bird gives me the creeps. The one that freaks me out is that of enitan whereby people who have tracked that before came to help and yet the time was still extrem.
The problem of bigger dishes starts from the assembling,wrong assemble of pan dishes makes the installation very difficult. Dont worry i ll post a write up of how to tackle problems with tracking out of beam satellites.
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by olatiler(m): 1:28pm On Apr 02, 2010
@kcbenjamin daarbox did not hav RF Port
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by Ameboperoo(m): 2:42pm On Apr 02, 2010
If your tv has av port then use it.
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by Ameboperoo(m): 2:45pm On Apr 02, 2010
I mean av out.
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by Kcbenjamin(m): 2:49pm On Apr 02, 2010
@ ola, if thats the case just but an AV ADOPTOR , it not more than 100 naira. Use it to split the video the tap your audio from any of the left or right audio port. That what i use for someone yesterday.
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by Ameboperoo(m): 3:03pm On Apr 02, 2010
Kcben. That has a limitation in that some channels have different audio in the two audio channel. One may be English for example and the other French
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by GeorgeD1(m): 1:27pm On Apr 03, 2010
amebo,
routing an av signal over that distance may have some limitations.
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by Twinsoris(m): 5:12pm On Apr 03, 2010
well another option without using rf port is that just lookout there for telephone wire that has four wires inside or more and four av plug i.e 2 in red colour and 2 in black colours and 2 in1 av plug and look for 2 of this av plugs.
because one represent video output while other represents audio output of your decoder and the other ends goes straight to tv set. then here you re.
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by borderline(m): 5:32pm On Apr 03, 2010
@pito
yes,i need a video signal in my bedroom,but i dont know d type of cable dat wud b suitable 4 connecting d rf out port 2 d av in port of d bedroom tv
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by Twinsoris(m): 9:08pm On Apr 03, 2010
Also you can buy rg6 cable with two tv plug male and female i.e female tv plug to be fixed at the back of your receiuer while the male tv plug to be fixed at the back of your tv then do the manual search on your tv set, but mind you since some strong receivers of nowaday are fakes that the rf signal is weak then the pic becomes bad, but 4669x have a high quality rf signal with good picture.
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by Ameboperoo(m): 7:18am On Apr 04, 2010
It is very true that fake strong rf signal is weak. My 53x is like that. Normaly, the signal should be in UHF band but i got a clearer picture on the VHF band. Just autosearch your tv
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by olatiler(m): 6:34am On Apr 05, 2010
@ all am verry gr8full 4 every body contribution. now i hav an av splict, which hav already tested & it working fine when tested it with all this shot AV cord in my room last night, by tuesday am goin to search for long rang AV cord @ satellite shop. Here is the av splict i get somewhare

Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by GeorgeD1(m): 1:26pm On Apr 05, 2010
olatiler,
resize your picture. it is too large!
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by Kcbenjamin(m): 4:24pm On Apr 05, 2010
@ Pitodenz, did not hear from you again.
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by pitodenz(m): 8:42am On Apr 06, 2010
@ kcbenjamin very sorry dat i couldnt reach you as i promise,though i got to Asaba but the activities there could not allow me and moreover u were reluctant to call again but never mind just wear a mind of I CAN DO IT. I ll give you all the assistance you ll need here dont worry u ll achieve.
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by jayron(m): 9:59am On Apr 06, 2010
@ All

I was a bit confused when i thought everything has ended just like that. Thank God that we are still hooked together.
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by GeorgeD1(m): 10:14am On Apr 06, 2010
jayron,
don't be confused. fta didn't end. twins was only trying to encourage people to use the childboard.
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by jayron(m): 1:03pm On Apr 06, 2010
@ pitodenz

Good day, thank u for ur contributions so far. I would like to ask u questions on how and what do i need to net work 62 rooms to receivers.

If u could even list all i need out. You can foward it to my box jayroncommunications@yahoo.com

Thank so much.
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by Twinsoris(m): 10:19pm On Apr 06, 2010
Hi pitodenz , George D , Twinstaye , Enitan and all others did not know pls always have me in mind as i am very far away from nigeria and don't as well that i am a nigerian but i am residing in ivory coast.
Here is good news i have for we can update our new friend 4669x+ to 2010 version and this makes the signal becoming very high on weak signals .
Re: Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone by Twinsoris(m): 10:23pm On Apr 06, 2010
And i am still waiting for you all to guide me on how i can nail nilesat in abidjan and my dish size is 2.4m strong pan.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Need Information On Yah Sat 52.5e / Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona / Every Installer Should Read This: Location Of Positions Without Sat Finder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.