Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,991 members, 7,806,880 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

More Revelations As Maina Explains How He Got His Job Back - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / More Revelations As Maina Explains How He Got His Job Back (956 Views)

Breaking! Drama As Maina Collapses In Court / More Revelations Emerged On How Ifeanyi Ubah Forged His NECO Certificate / See What Kiss Daniel Got His Younger Brother For His Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

More Revelations As Maina Explains How He Got His Job Back by BounceNigeria: 6:26pm On Nov 29, 2017
More revelations are emerging, as the embattled former Chairman of the Pension Reform Task Team, Mr Abdulrasheed Maina, opens up on the controversy surrounding his reinstatement.

The first thing he wants to make straight is that the presidency played a role in his reinstatement.

He claims he met with the Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, after President Muhammadu Buhari gave his approval that officials should hold talks with him.

“When this government came in, the President went and gave his note that ‘go and sit down with Maina. I have given you the approval’. They sat down with me after the security agencies cleared me of any wrongdoing,” he said on national television, as he explained the circumstances that led to his return to government one month ago.

Maina claimed he gave the Minister a document during the meeting, which helped the government to prevent the theft of 1.3 trillion Naira.

"As soon as this current government decided to sit with me, and after sitting with me, I decided that ‘I will not leave you (government officials) to go back to Nigeria with empty pocket.

"I’m going to give you something to put in your pocket," and the Minister of Justice laughed, and said ‘'what are you going to give us?"

"I said ‘I’m going to give you guys a gift’." "What is the gift?" he asked. I gave him a document and said ''Go here, here, here, here… there’s 1.3 trillion Naira, they are going to steal it because they have been stealing it every year’,” he said.

Maina had been declared wanted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission before his reinstatement, but the story seems to have changed as he insisted that security agencies had cleared him before the talks which were held outside Nigeria.

Source: http://news.bounce.ng/Content/more-revelations-as-maina-explains-how-he-got-his-job-back-20171129

cc: lalasticlala, Freiburger

(1) (Reply)

The Missionaries Brought Bullying / See The Reply A Guy Gave To Someone Who Was Trying To Care (pics) / Victor Antai Donates Office Complex To PDP In Mbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.