Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

Couples Hiding Their Earnings From Each Other, Right Or Wrong? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Couples Hiding Their Earnings From Each Other, Right Or Wrong? (22414 Views)

Couples Hiding Their Phones: How True Is This Statement? / I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. / Is It Right Or Wrong? Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Couples Hiding Their Earnings From Each Other, Right Or Wrong? by lonelydora: 2:26am On Dec 02, 2017
NLbully:
This came to my amusement when I asked someone if he knows how much his partner is earning and to my surprise he said they don't disclose it to each other ( Can't really understand what led to the conversation )

How do you see this, do you think it is right for your partner not to know how much you earn as salary ??

WRONG.

How do they plan? Betterto be open to each other. (Good)Women are better financial managers than men.

Since i started saving money in my wife's accout, my savings has increased by 40% monthly.

2 Likes

Re: Couples Hiding Their Earnings From Each Other, Right Or Wrong? by joanana(f): 3:06am On Dec 02, 2017
Being Transparent with your partner is the best to avoids financial quarrels.

Different stroked for different folks sha. For me I don't think it's right but if your partner is extravagant, Abeg hide the real amount.
Re: Couples Hiding Their Earnings From Each Other, Right Or Wrong? by tunjilana: 3:21am On Dec 02, 2017
The response from this topic is what makes you understand that a lot of marriages especially in Nigeria are of convenience. Observing smiley
Re: Couples Hiding Their Earnings From Each Other, Right Or Wrong? by jaxxy(m): 4:13am On Dec 02, 2017
Very wrong bt then it all depends on how truthworthy ur partner is
Re: Couples Hiding Their Earnings From Each Other, Right Or Wrong? by Originalsly: 4:25am On Dec 02, 2017
Neither right nor wrong. ... if the wife is a spendthrift. ..the husband should never ever let her know his salary/earnings or she would be hell bent on buying stuff based on the salary. But if she is one of the women that can really manage money...good at saving ....and the husband is a gambler, big spender, loose with his money ..then he should not only let her know bUT give her his entire paycheck and let her control it.

1 Like

Re: Couples Hiding Their Earnings From Each Other, Right Or Wrong? by smartleo(m): 4:28am On Dec 02, 2017
ademide0710:
Every marriage should be built on trust,very important. I know how much my husband earns, when he got a new job he shows me his employment letter. I have my business too. I'm not interested in his money. The trust we have for each other has helped our family so far. He does his responsibility as a husband and father. Whenever his finance down, he finds it so difficult to approach me for money but I always beg him to collect from me,after so much persuasion he stills return when his financial buoyant . When we go for shopping, I make payment at times but his not always comfortable with it. He believes his the head of the family but to me we are to help and support each other. I bless the day, I met that man.
May the almighty God sustain your marriage
Re: Couples Hiding Their Earnings From Each Other, Right Or Wrong? by dingbang(m): 5:23am On Dec 02, 2017
sinaj:
How will they plan well if they dunno how much they earn grin

Maybe one of them mismanage money tho.
my ex girlfriend knew I had money.. U needed to see bills flying upandan.

Let's say u tell ur husband u have 500k in ur akant.. And u tell him of ur plans oo.., he then suddenly gets into a financial problem. His mind flashes back ..ahh..my wife has 500k in her akant, thank God! And he knows very well the reason why u saving the money.. Will u give him?

1 Like

Re: Couples Hiding Their Earnings From Each Other, Right Or Wrong? by dingbang(m): 5:25am On Dec 02, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

A wife must never know what her husband earns or his source of income.
It is none of her business, her job is just to enjoy the wealth and make babies for the man, that's why they are called 'oriaku'.

But a woman's income must be known,
It's source well defined;
Before you unknowingly start eating food cooked from money gotten through prostitution.
I regard this comment... grin

1 Like

Re: Couples Hiding Their Earnings From Each Other, Right Or Wrong? by Ishilove: 5:29am On Dec 02, 2017
Well...comme ci comme ca, but still yet I don't support full disclosure.

If you earn, let's say...100k per month, you could disclose 70% and keep the remaining 30% in your egg's nest, or treasure trove if you like. cheesy
Re: Couples Hiding Their Earnings From Each Other, Right Or Wrong? by dingbang(m): 5:30am On Dec 02, 2017
Finally, its wrong.

At least thats what a married man advised me. As a banker, I told him never to reveal his pin to anyone and I stressed the "anyone".

Well he spoke to my soul, my brother, when you are married, its not good to hide your money from you spouse, be open to each other.

1 Like

Re: Couples Hiding Their Earnings From Each Other, Right Or Wrong? by abefedammy: 5:35am On Dec 02, 2017
Re: Couples Hiding Their Earnings From Each Other, Right Or Wrong? by biacan(f): 5:36am On Dec 02, 2017
dingbang:
Finally, its wrong.

At least thats what a married man advised me. As a banker, I told him never to reveal his pin to anyone and I stressed the "anyone".

Well he spoke to my soul, my brother, when you are married, its not good to hide your money from you spouse, be open to each other.

[b]

Re: Couples Hiding Their Earnings From Each Other, Right Or Wrong? by farady(m): 5:38am On Dec 02, 2017
ademide0710:
Every marriage should be built on trust,very important. I know how much my husband earns, when he got a new job he shows me his employment letter. I have my business too. I'm not interested in his money. The trust we have for each other has helped our family so far. He does his responsibility as a husband and father. Whenever his finance down, he finds it so difficult to approach me for money but I always beg him to collect from me,after so much persuasion he stills return when his financial buoyant . When we go for shopping, I make payment at times but his not always comfortable with it. He believes his the head of the family but to me we are to help and support each other. I bless the day, I met that man.
. This is how the home should run ideally. I pray God to keep and sustain your marriage madam.

2 Likes

Re: Couples Hiding Their Earnings From Each Other, Right Or Wrong? by dingbang(m): 5:40am On Dec 02, 2017
biacan:
[b]
what's ur fcvking problem?
Re: Couples Hiding Their Earnings From Each Other, Right Or Wrong? by biacan(f): 5:44am On Dec 02, 2017
dingbang:
what's ur fcvking problem?

1 Like

Re: Couples Hiding Their Earnings From Each Other, Right Or Wrong? by Emax(m): 5:44am On Dec 02, 2017
Non-declearation of income implies building a virtual Trump wall between you and your spouse
Re: Couples Hiding Their Earnings From Each Other, Right Or Wrong? by dingbang(m): 5:48am On Dec 02, 2017
[quote author=biacan post=62901888][/quote]get lost please.. Your madness don too much
Re: Couples Hiding Their Earnings From Each Other, Right Or Wrong? by biacan(f): 5:51am On Dec 02, 2017
dingbang:
get lost please.. Your madness don too much

Re: Couples Hiding Their Earnings From Each Other, Right Or Wrong? by Tajbol4splend(m): 5:57am On Dec 02, 2017
sinaj:
How will they plan well if they dunno how much they earn grin

Maybe one of them mismanage money tho.

You remind me of my boss's wife, she spends like it's her last day on earth
Re: Couples Hiding Their Earnings From Each Other, Right Or Wrong? by Niyisun: 5:59am On Dec 02, 2017
Wrong
Re: Couples Hiding Their Earnings From Each Other, Right Or Wrong? by miqos03: 6:00am On Dec 02, 2017
Unbad
Re: Couples Hiding Their Earnings From Each Other, Right Or Wrong? by Myde4naija(m): 6:16am On Dec 02, 2017
shinarlaura:
It's very wrong to hide it. Being open will enable for the futur planing of the family.
you sound too serious for my liking.
Re: Couples Hiding Their Earnings From Each Other, Right Or Wrong? by Obierika(m): 6:20am On Dec 02, 2017
whitebeard:
U all should declare ur stuffs, or else it would look like a marriage based on contract, u won't enjoy it.

Marriage is actually a contract

1 Like

Re: Couples Hiding Their Earnings From Each Other, Right Or Wrong? by olureignforever: 6:21am On Dec 02, 2017
Lalas247:
Wrong

But me I will hide mine sha for at least the first 10 years .... been burnt before kole happen second time around !

Never say never. It depends on ur partner. It's tit for tat.

1 Like

Re: Couples Hiding Their Earnings From Each Other, Right Or Wrong? by slam7000(m): 6:22am On Dec 02, 2017
martineverest:
Totally wrong.. My wife shud know how much I earn and we will run same account..... She must know all my password and I will know hers.

This is y I like western couples... They run same account and monitor each other's spending

What if you are an Alhaji married to 4 wives? Would you disclose your worth to all 4?
Re: Couples Hiding Their Earnings From Each Other, Right Or Wrong? by sinaj(f): 6:37am On Dec 02, 2017
dingbang:
my ex girlfriend knew I had money.. U needed to see bills flying upandan.

Let's say u tell ur husband u have 500k in ur akant.. And u tell him of ur plans oo.., he then suddenly gets into a financial problem. His mind flashes back ..ahh..my wife has 500k in her akant, thank God! And he knows very well the reason why u saving the money.. Will u give him?
Financial problem?

Will have to help him so I dnt get embarrassed too.
Re: Couples Hiding Their Earnings From Each Other, Right Or Wrong? by martineverest(m): 6:43am On Dec 02, 2017
slam7000:

What if you are an Alhaji married to 4 wives? Would you disclose your worth to all 4?
I'm not alhaji...... A man that love his wife dearly would not marry another woman

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couples Hiding Their Earnings From Each Other, Right Or Wrong? by zealblinks(m): 6:45am On Dec 02, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

A wife must never know what her husband earns or his source of income.
It is none of her business, her job is just to enjoy the wealth and make babies for the man, that's why they are called 'oriaku'.

But a woman's income must be known,
It's source well defined;
Before you unknowingly start eating food cooked from money gotten through prostitution.
lols.. wayre re o
Re: Couples Hiding Their Earnings From Each Other, Right Or Wrong? by Hakeem66: 6:45am On Dec 02, 2017
It depends on the kind of partner you have as for me my partner has every details of mine assets bcus it helps us to plan well. She knows my worth and earnings so can never be extravagant.
Re: Couples Hiding Their Earnings From Each Other, Right Or Wrong? by JamesReacher(m): 6:53am On Dec 02, 2017
ademide0710:
That's wonderful. smiley
Re: Couples Hiding Their Earnings From Each Other, Right Or Wrong? by DedeNkem: 6:54am On Dec 02, 2017
NLbully:
This came to my amusement when I asked someone if he knows how much his partner is earning and to my surprise he said they don't disclose it to each other ( Can't really understand what led to the conversation )

How do you see this, do you think it is right for your partner not to know how much you earn as salary ??

That's a good example of a marraige that has serious trust problem.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Help Anytime I Get Angry I Destroy Things / Childbearing Women, Keeping Fit, Matrimonial Security And Husbands' Fidelity / I Hate Cooking Breakfast For My Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.