Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,021 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

By Rank, Here Are How Much Merchant Navy Officers Earn Per Month. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / By Rank, Here Are How Much Merchant Navy Officers Earn Per Month. (22135 Views)

How Much Does An Estate Surveyor And Valuers Earn Per Month In Nigeria / Before Joining Merchant Navy (Seaman) Career / How Much Does A Surveyor Earn Per Month In Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

By Rank, Here Are How Much Merchant Navy Officers Earn Per Month. by chiboy441(m): 7:07am On Nov 30, 2017
1. captain : 9000 - 12000 USD

2. Chief Engineer - 8000 - 13000 USD

3. Chief Mate - 6000 - 10000 USD

4. 2nd Engineer - 6000 - 11000 USD

5. 3rd Engineer - 3000 - 5000 USD

6. 2nd Mate - 3000 - 5000 USD

7. 4th Engineer - 2000 - 4000 USD

8. 3rd Mate - 2000 - 4000 USD

9. Electrical officer - 1000 - 2000 USD

10. Motorman - 700 - 1500 USD

11. Able Seaman(AB) - 600 - 1500 USD

12. Cook, Bosin,Filter - 700 - 1700 USD

13. Mess man or cleaner - 400 - 1000 USD

Note: the above listed are world standard payments. Nigeria only pay foreigners base on the above standard, while citizens are paid 55% less of the above listed.

Recommended to join ship outside Nigeria to earn better. >>Marine and offshore insight blog team,will give you guide lines and how to start your career. I hope this information helps someone.

1 Like

Re: By Rank, Here Are How Much Merchant Navy Officers Earn Per Month. by gift01: 7:58pm On Dec 03, 2017
Helpful but you said Recommended to join a ship outside Nigeria. How
Re: By Rank, Here Are How Much Merchant Navy Officers Earn Per Month. by chiboy441(m): 9:12pm On Dec 06, 2017
gift01:
Helpful but you said Recommended to join a ship outside Nigeria. How

well it will give you chance to benefit from high paying job.
Re: By Rank, Here Are How Much Merchant Navy Officers Earn Per Month. by gift01: 9:33pm On Dec 06, 2017
chiboy441:

well it will give you chance to benefit from high paying job.
where, when and how does one begin
Re: By Rank, Here Are How Much Merchant Navy Officers Earn Per Month. by chiboy441(m): 9:53pm On Dec 06, 2017
gift01:
where, when and how does one begin

that is three questions at a time. i dont really know which to start answering.
Re: By Rank, Here Are How Much Merchant Navy Officers Earn Per Month. by gift01: 9:59pm On Dec 06, 2017
chiboy441:

that is three questions at a time. i dont really know which to start answering.
start with the where
Re: By Rank, Here Are How Much Merchant Navy Officers Earn Per Month. by chiboy441(m): 10:09pm On Dec 06, 2017
gift01:
start with the where

you can get abroad sea job by applying via online. there are sites like maritime union, marine-connect, etc. where jobs are listed from different agents and companies. the company i work with marine and offshore insight do share jobs vacancies sometime if agents request for it. you can subscribe on sites like that and create good CV. i hope that helps you.

4 Likes

Re: By Rank, Here Are How Much Merchant Navy Officers Earn Per Month. by wisest10: 11:58am On Jan 11, 2018
chiboy441:

Recommended to join ship outside Nigeria to earn better. >>Marine and offshore insight blog team,will give you guide lines and how to start your career. I hope this information helps someone.
I have been following ur post am a student stidying marine enginering in nigeria, please is it possible for me to go on board to do my IT if yes can u put me through....
Re: By Rank, Here Are How Much Merchant Navy Officers Earn Per Month. by chiboy441(m): 7:56pm On Jan 11, 2018
wisest10:
I have been following ur post am a student stidying marine enginering in nigeria, please is it possible for me to go on board to do my IT if yes can u put me through....

Yes its possible, once you have required STCW and documents that required from you to work as a cadet. see post regarding list of documents on marine and offshore insight blog. i hope i answered your question?
Re: By Rank, Here Are How Much Merchant Navy Officers Earn Per Month. by maxlev1: 11:06am On Dec 03, 2018
chiboy441:

Yes its possible, once you have required STCW and documents that required from you to work as a cadet. see post regarding list of documents on marine and offshore insight blog. i hope i answered your question?
Boss I hail o!
I do posses stcw, discharge, e-passport, seafarer reg form, yellow card and am a graduate of mech Engr. Pls how easy is it to get a ship job outside the country?
2ndly there is a job am pursuing in a foreign ship company who is contracted by an oil company i.e ExxonMobil Nigeria. Pls around how much do u think such a company will pay?
Thanks in advance n God bless.
Re: By Rank, Here Are How Much Merchant Navy Officers Earn Per Month. by chiboy441(m): 1:23am On Feb 05, 2020
maxlev1:

Boss I hail o!
I do posses stcw, discharge, e-passport, seafarer reg form, yellow card and am a graduate of mech Engr. Pls how easy is it to get a ship job outside the country?
2ndly there is a job am pursuing in a foreign ship company who is contracted by an oil company i.e ExxonMobil Nigeria. Pls around how much do u think such a company will pay?
Thanks in advance n God bless.

Sorry for the late reply, firstly, STCW 78 certificates and you degree alone can give you job outside Nigeria.

You need to obtain OOW or COC ( in case of senior officers onboard ship). With those license, that can qualify you to board any ship.

For the international ship, not all countries are IMO white listed.. Nigerian License can only work within West Africa for now.

About your second question, it all depends on what rank you want to contract with them. For example 3rd officer in Nigeria receive between 350k naria to 600k, 2nd officer 700k to 900k, etc.
Re: By Rank, Here Are How Much Merchant Navy Officers Earn Per Month. by Yomiside1(m): 12:27pm On Feb 06, 2020
hello brother,

i am not a marine graduate, neither am i a graduate, but i have the following papers

Medical
STCW
ISPS
Rating forming part of navigational watch
Discharge Book
International passport

please can i get job with the following papers?
Re: By Rank, Here Are How Much Merchant Navy Officers Earn Per Month. by chiboy441(m): 6:24pm On Oct 23, 2020
Yomiside1:
hello brother,

i am not a marine graduate, neither am i a graduate, but i have the following papers

Medical
STCW
ISPS
Rating forming part of navigational watch
Discharge Book
International passport

please can i get job with the following papers?

Yes, you can join job at sea as rating either OS , WIPER, OILER, AB. What is your department, Deck or Engine? note- it also depends on your watchkeeping level and experience on your rank.

1 Like

Re: By Rank, Here Are How Much Merchant Navy Officers Earn Per Month. by MRosario(m): 4:47pm On Oct 31, 2020
chiboy441:

Yes, you can join job at sea as rating either OS , WIPER, OILER, AB. What is your department, Deck or Engine? note- it also depends on your watchkeeping level and experience on your rank.

Hello, I have all my papers in order just like the guy you answered, I also have Engine Room Watchkeeping III/4 and I last went onboard as an Oiler.
The lockdown situation destabilized my plans. I've been through your website, but the office location is in Ukraine, is there any way you could be of assistance to me in Lagos Nigeria.
Re: By Rank, Here Are How Much Merchant Navy Officers Earn Per Month. by chiboy441(m): 6:34am On Nov 01, 2020
MRosario:

Hello, I have all my papers in order just like the guy you answered, I also have Engine Room Watchkeeping III/4 and I last went onboard as an Oiler.
The lockdown situation destabilized my plans. I've been through your website, but the office location is in Ukraine, is there any way you could be of assistance to me in Lagos Nigeria.

As of now, we crew in Nigeria through some agents. please check with Marine platform or
CAMSHIP LIMITED. meanwhile according to the managment plan, we hope before 2021 probably NIMASA will approve our request.
Re: By Rank, Here Are How Much Merchant Navy Officers Earn Per Month. by Dwaynemustafa: 5:58am On Jan 17, 2021
@ chiboy, boss I hail thee, pls am a graduate of maritime academy of Nigeria oron, I hold all my papers bt having my sea time seems to b de problem for me, boss pls do u have any solution to that, help a broda, or I can contact u boss.. Tank u in advance..
Re: By Rank, Here Are How Much Merchant Navy Officers Earn Per Month. by Prosmobi: 6:15am On Jan 17, 2021
I'm a graduate of maritme academy please i want to work on board the ship in engine dept.
Re: By Rank, Here Are How Much Merchant Navy Officers Earn Per Month. by Prosmobi: 6:16am On Jan 17, 2021
Please what are d required papers i need to have?
Re: By Rank, Here Are How Much Merchant Navy Officers Earn Per Month. by abham: 4:18pm On Feb 16, 2021
Hi good work with what you’re doing here. I have been applying to foreign agencies and companies but they keep telling me their regulations don’t allow foreigners to be employed.
Not that you can’t get a foreign job but it’s quite difficult.
I also want to appreciate the fact that you shared information about some local agencies that performs recruitment for these multi National companies in Nigeria which is the best way to go as a seafarer and if you also know people in the industry that can help too, that would be an addition.
I’m still on the search also for Deck Cadet placement even if the pay is small at the moment, na just the experience and sea time I need. I’ll drop some crewing agencies I know of also though with how things are in the country most ships are at anchorage but just drop your applications to them.
- P&I crewing
- Mariteam
These are the ones I know and have applied though. If you have any other you can let us know, also LinkedIn can help if you interact with people and ask for assistance.
Re: By Rank, Here Are How Much Merchant Navy Officers Earn Per Month. by chiboy441(m): 6:05pm On May 03, 2021
Dwaynemustafa:
@ chiboy, boss I hail thee, pls am a graduate of maritime academy of Nigeria oron, I hold all my papers bt having my sea time seems to b de problem for me, boss pls do u have any solution to that, help a broda, or I can contact u boss.. Tank u in advance..

What rank are you searching?
Re: By Rank, Here Are How Much Merchant Navy Officers Earn Per Month. by chiboy441(m): 6:07pm On May 03, 2021
Prosmobi:
I'm a graduate of maritme academy please i want to work on board the ship in engine dept.

Do you have STCW certificates, or COC ?
Re: By Rank, Here Are How Much Merchant Navy Officers Earn Per Month. by chiboy441(m): 6:22pm On May 03, 2021
Prosmobi:
Please what are d required papers i need to have?

The required papers are STCW, certificate of competency (COC) and/or OOW , you can learn more on below site blog section.
Re: By Rank, Here Are How Much Merchant Navy Officers Earn Per Month. by chiboy441(m): 6:26pm On May 03, 2021
abham:
Hi good work with what you’re doing here. I have been applying to foreign agencies and companies but they keep telling me their regulations don’t allow foreigners to be employed.
Not that you can’t get a foreign job but it’s quite difficult.
I also want to appreciate the fact that you shared information about some local agencies that performs recruitment for these multi National companies in Nigeria which is the best way to go as a seafarer and if you also know people in the industry that can help too, that would be an addition.
I’m still on the search also for Deck Cadet placement even if the pay is small at the moment, na just the experience and sea time I need. I’ll drop some crewing agencies I know of also though with how things are in the country most ships are at anchorage but just drop your applications to them.
- P&I crewing
- Mariteam
These are the ones I know and have applied though. If you have any other you can let us know, also LinkedIn can help if you interact with people and ask for assistance.

I will check and list marine agencies, where you can apply right in NIGERIA. We are also planing to add forum, where CV's and employees will be listed and share
Re: By Rank, Here Are How Much Merchant Navy Officers Earn Per Month. by abham: 7:43am On May 06, 2021
This will be very helpful.
chiboy441:

I will check and list marine agencies, where you can apply right in NIGERIA. We are also planing to add forum, where CV's and employees will be listed and share
Re: By Rank, Here Are How Much Merchant Navy Officers Earn Per Month. by tishbite41(m): 1:19pm On Jul 16, 2021
chiboy441:

The required papers are STCW, certificate of competency (COC) and/or OOW , you can learn more on below site blog section.
I'm a graduate of Microbiology. What can I do to be part of a Merchant Navy ship?

Thanks.
Re: By Rank, Here Are How Much Merchant Navy Officers Earn Per Month. by chiboy441(m): 8:52pm On Jan 04, 2022
tishbite41:

I'm a graduate of Microbiology. What can I do to be part of a Merchant Navy ship?

Thanks.

you need to study marine related or short course to start as rating (AB or motorman)

(1) (Reply)

I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! / 7 Ways Nigerian Bosses Abuse Their Staff / What Does The Future Hold For Metallurgy And Materials Engineering Students???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.