Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,544 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:37 PM

Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? (9544 Views)

Poll: Have You Ever Lost Money In That Way?

Yes: 41% (41 votes)
No: 59% (59 votes)
This poll has ended

Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience / Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by lilvonz(m): 8:24am On Mar 29, 2010
[size=15pt]Dont like to be the grammerpolice but it's not 'ATM Machine' but just 'ATM'.
Because since ATM means 'Automated Teller Machine', saying ATM machine is bullshit.
[/size] sad
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by aieromon(m): 8:29am On Mar 29, 2010
Nope,never happened to me.
However,inorder to retrieve your money as soon as possible,its best to use the issuing bank's machine.You need to also make sure the machine is located in the bank's compound.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by masido(f): 8:33am On Mar 29, 2010
Yes, mine was 5k, boy, was i angry.I was so broke then and i needed money to do something that afternoon.when i attempted to withdraw with my ATM, the machine gave me a receipt,instead of money.
To cut a long story, i got my money back after 8 working days.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by Suntemi(m): 8:38am On Mar 29, 2010
skfa1:

I always see my self as a lucky guy right from my childhood cause luck always happen in my life

I used the cash machine just to withdraw 10 pound but it gave me 20 pound instead

Another, I went to credit my account in the bank but the cashier put more money into my account by mistake

Sometime ago I was damn broke, i decided to play lottery with my 1 pound, the next day i won 450 pound = 125,000 naira

Years back, I was 1 of the 48 people that applied for Visa but just only me was given a visa rest of the 47 refused.

2004 My name came out of the national visa service website, i was so happy.

Loads and loads of luck dont wanna continue counting them.

Guy, U're heartless and you are even proud of your dishonesty. Shame on you dude.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by otukpo(f): 8:46am On Mar 29, 2010
no.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by switch411(m): 8:48am On Mar 29, 2010
No! Never!!
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by Nobody: 9:16am On Mar 29, 2010
It has happened 2 me more than 5 tyms, My bank rectify such error immed8ly without going 4 complain;when use their ATM for withdrawal.
If d withdrawal was made on any of d other banks ATM, you go and complain & u get ur money bak within 72 Hours.(3days) Its a crazy experience at times especially when it happens 2 d last cash u av in ur account and u're broke.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by axeman85(m): 9:54am On Mar 29, 2010
i havent been a victim and i pray i wont as i am scared of this stories i am hearing, so what i will do is definately and patiently go into the banking hall and queue and withdraw what ever i need. for the week or days.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by akinalabi(m): 10:02am On Mar 29, 2010
I wont say "lost" because you get your money back 100% of the time.

I've had dispense error up to 10 times. It was automatically returned 90% of the time. The other 10% I had to fill a form at
my bank and it took over a week.

axeman85:

i havent been a victim and i pray i wont as i am scared of this stories i am hearing, so what i will do is definately and patiently go into the banking hall and queue and withdraw what ever i need. for the week or days.

There is nothing to be scared about. You always get your money back.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by rekeson: 10:04am On Mar 29, 2010
aieromon:

Nope,never happened to me.
However,inorder to retrieve your money as soon as possible,its best to use the issuing bank's machine.You need to also make sure the machine is located in the bank's compound.
u get money, u even get bank acct? Church rat like u.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by honeric01(m): 10:09am On Mar 29, 2010
Well, i just called the customer care, they told me to go to the branch or any branch to fill a form, I'm going to be heading to the bank pretty soon, #10k nobi small money oo because that one go reach me buy fuel for 2 months. (gen)

Anyways, thanks guys, the most annoying is the fact that i didn't get the text until the next day when i went to withdraw #80k from the same ATM.

sulbash:

Guy just go 2 your bank n laid your complain,it wil only took u 2week o 1month .for u 2 retrive your mõney back, i remember d time dat i just lost 160k on atm machne,

bro wait oo, which ATM paid you #160k in a day? which bank is that?
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by chinkelly(m): 10:26am On Mar 29, 2010
I've lost 5k from the atm mechine 2wc. When I slotted my card the machine did not respond, since it was late at night I removed my card and left only for me to recieve a debit alart sms on my phone that I withhdrew 5k. I was suprised becaase the atm did not function. This has happened twice so am skeptical about using atm.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by dynamic007(m): 10:35am On Mar 29, 2010
I have, as a matter of fact it happened as early as last month in Abuja. Twas a Friday so der was nuffin i cud do but wait till monday, so on Monday, i went back to the bank and complained, i was then given a form 2 fill and the money was credited into my account
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by axeman85(m): 10:40am On Mar 29, 2010
thats good to hear they ar refuding, But msot people are saying they get back the money immediately. i have also heard or read stories of cases where the money never got refunded or took months to refund. so i dont think i want to wait for weeks to get my money refunded . what if i have an emergency and need the money nko, so i btter no put myself in that situtaion that i will waiting for week.s prevention is better than cure.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by honeric01(m): 10:46am On Mar 29, 2010
It was my bank's ATM i used
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by kaypumpin2(m): 10:55am On Mar 29, 2010
You will definately get your money back,happened to me countless times and got full re-fund under 48hours.

The ONLY scenario where your fear will be genuine is when you have a compromised ATM card,as i experienced in December.Was in my room and i got a text alert for #60,000 debit from account.Suffice to state the same card was in my wallet during the time the text came in.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by Smartrizz: 11:00am On Mar 29, 2010
Am a victim, 2008 i made withdrawal with UBA machine in the bank, thou it was a mistake on my path.

I wanted to withdraw 41k, the first 40k came out and i slot my card again for 6k, when the 6k came out i took 1k out of it leaving the 5k in the machine and was arranging the 41k delayed a second the machine took back my 5k, i rush in2 d bank the woman in charge was telling me stories come today write a letter and all the rest, i got a lot of disappointment from them, they didn't revert the cash to my account till date.

2009 May i loose my May Salary to ATM fraudsters, after making withdrawal on Thursday on Friday when my salary was paid, before 30 mins i received debit alert, they cleared all the money in my account.

those guys are wickend, God will judge them.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by zenus(m): 11:05am On Mar 29, 2010
i lose mine when i wass trying to use ATM to recharge my MTN phone. after selecting #200. and go thru the necessary procedue. the credit refuse to credited to my phone
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by allboyz(m): 11:20am On Mar 29, 2010
yes terribly. . . 50,300 was withdrawn from an ATM machine in Owerri while im in school FUTA in Akure. . .  .Complained to the Act Dept in School and was directed to the bank headquarters in Ondo state but sadly,nuffin cld be done! so terrible!
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by SLIMDODOUBLEGEE: 11:26am On Mar 29, 2010
mehn it has happened to me sometime last yr!!! i was priti unlucky kus dat was all i had in d bank 70000, i finishsed processing it only to receive a txt msg shoin i hv bn debited , debited wat ? my atm card hahahaha, oboi na leg i use go home afta filling their yeye form, it took them two months to credit my account bk grin grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by agapeLuv1(m): 11:48am On Mar 29, 2010
Yes i lost 20,000 their is this old generation bank Atm machine on a street near ours that is not constantly used due to the place where it was located, its always dusty, i told my self i will never go there, until one day i was in a rush and could not go to beta ones i sloted in my card and went for 20k it counted and did not pay me instead i got an sms alert that i have just withdrawn 20k, i nearly fainted cause it was on a weekend, how do i feed my 5 kids,
joy came to me when somebody who lost his job with one of the banks who i trained on how to earn 55k weekly came to my rescue, at least he made money and remembered his teacher, NL becareful dont used an unused and isolated Atm's God Bless
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by EdDave(m): 11:51am On Mar 29, 2010
Jst dis mornin, afta tryin all d UBA ATMs in town, decided 2 use Diamondbank atm. Requested for cash and afta waiting 4 a while, SESSION CANCELLED. Card came out. No money. Had 2 slot in card again. Dis time, it worked. Was almost home when I receivd 2 SMS telling me i withdrew cash twice. U-turn back 2 d bank. Almost reached d bank wen i receivd anoda txt dat d 1st transaction was cancelled and my money was restored. Saved me a headache. Last time, took dem almost a week to refund my N20k.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by chris2010: 11:54am On Mar 29, 2010
yyyyyy, eeeeee, ssssss!
All u need do is 2 go back 2 d bank's customer desk in charge of ATM issues and lay ur complaint.
Remember 2 go wit d ATM rcpt.
Mine wz 20K :-Xand it tuk about 2 mnths bt d gud thing is dat i got back my cash at d end of d day.
Chz! grin
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by DL(m): 12:42pm On Mar 29, 2010
Nope,it has never happened 2me though I hear a lot of peeps complaining about this. But also note that there are some banks that are well known by their failed ATM projects e.g UBA,skye,intercontinental etc. So try to shy away from them.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by oludashmi(f): 12:49pm On Mar 29, 2010
I lost N40000 to[b] Diamond bank Plc [/b]at the HQ in Adeola Hopewell, after 3 months of come back, we are still investigating, all sort of story and arrogance in its highest you can't imagine, I stopped going. NOTE that I used a Diamond Bank card and at the HQ which shouldnt have taken more than 48hrs.

I tried withdrawing N40000 but the machine didn't dispense, then called on the security to explain and he advised that I insert my card to see if I had been debited which I did confirmed that I had been debited. He advised that I should insert a number of time and I did 2 more times before he said I should go into the banking hall and complain.

There, I was told it will be reversed within 24 hrs, and I went to the machine again to check if the money could come but not. I kept going, It went on and on till I met the Regional Manager (East) Alex Chichi Alozie - the most arrogant, carefree, rude, and non-challant banker the world has ever produced. He was worse than his staff - each time I go there, he keeps me for at least 3 hrs waiting without showing face. I have since then disliked the bank and can never do anything with it again. Funny enough, several other pple were making the same set of complains all ended up leaving the money with the bank.

Too many pple are complaining of Diamond Bank this days, even recently about their internal way of frauding customers via ATM so BEWARE
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by JUO(m): 1:07pm On Mar 29, 2010
these so called bank use ku-bank and ku-bank network is always going off and on all the time, if u have DSTV in your house, try and notice how the signal go off and on, at times it will be cracking. that is example of ku-band. any time such thing happens don't leave the place since u have issued an action, wait for the network to be steady your money will come out.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by pureminded: 1:21pm On Mar 29, 2010
yeah , last yr, one atm around adeniyi jones (Ikeja), was a weekend tho , I entered 20k and the thief gave me just d rcpt after processing for like 15mins, I was surprised and tot it's rcpt before cash , i waited, still no money ? what ? i was even bending and looking inside maybe my money is coming but ain't no cash showing  embarassed,

Very painful and disappointing! abt 2 mins ltr , a lady came out of the bank and asked if there's a problem, i explained and she said the money will be reversed back to my acct the nxt monday or i rather complain at my bank (Where i opened the acct (Ibadan) ), Till this hr, Those crooks didn't return my money O, I went to the bank like a zillion time (Filled one stupid form) and they keep telling me stories, I just bone, I'm not using the acct anymore tho, (Skye bank) na 'em worse passssss  angry
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by atilla(m): 1:44pm On Mar 29, 2010
I have o and this was in jand not in naija.

Went to hsbc, tried to take money out , the atm shut down and came on again just before my £10 came out, i was like shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
went to the bank manager on a monday he didnt believe me, i just let it go.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by philipinho: 1:58pm On Mar 29, 2010
you'll lucky another when you get struck by lightning
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by jokingmary(m): 2:08pm On Mar 29, 2010
nope, it has never happened me cool lucky me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos, Ogun Account For ₦3.2tr Of Nigeria ₦3.7tr Manufacturing Output In H2 2021 / CBN Seeks End To Naira Mutilation / Naira Tumbles To 503 On Parallel Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.