Stats: 3,149,890 members, 7,806,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:42 PM

Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? (9559 Views)

Poll: Have You Ever Lost Money In That Way?

Yes: 41% (41 votes)
No: 59% (59 votes)
This poll has ended

Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience / Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences (2) (3) (4)

Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by larimo(m): 9:40am On Mar 30, 2010
@ poster, am still awaiting to be credited by zenith bank since 2 weeks! I realise that the ATMs' are very erratic during the weekends.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by lordwest: 10:57am On Mar 30, 2010
It happens everyday, I have experienced it twice, first my cash was refunded, second the ATM reversed my money after 48 hours, my brother just made a formal report to the Bank and await their response, it is well.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by honeric01(m): 11:20am On Mar 30, 2010
Still waiting sha embarassed
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by ayobase(m): 12:00pm On Mar 30, 2010
Bank?
Robbers in disguise!
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by chidiogor: 12:05pm On Mar 30, 2010
my dear it has happened to me also @ night when i need the cash bad angry. Anyway i think you shld go to your bank to lodge your complain. it will take a while.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by distincty: 4:39pm On Mar 30, 2010
'You probably left impatiently when the remaining 10K came out

you can imagine the smile on the face of the next person to use the machine,  don't be surprise this scenario happens more often than you know'

FAAKAY, I AM AGAINST UR opinon

there nothing like 10k coming out and the remaining will remain there, it is either 10ks comes out  and the remaining 10ks remains there or nothing comes out of the ATM machine while ur money will be deducted, so if u can go to ur branch they will rectify the problem, it has happen to me and it was rectified, though it took alot of stress and too much wahala, but u will get ur money, it just network problem, it has happen to me too.  10k no be small amount of money now
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by jbman(m): 5:00pm On Mar 30, 2010
Neva!!! when it comes to stalk it does, Am so sorry for you dude

go to the bank branch and lay you complain to the customer care unit may be something cud be done
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by jobman: 5:43pm On Mar 30, 2010
YESSS!!!!! Last night around 10pm, I went to an ATM Machine belonging to Intercontinental Bank located at Garki a street or two from Garki market in Abuja, I withdrew 20K, infact ordinarily I would not use that machine at that time of the night but I do not have cash with me and have asked my mechanic to come and pick my wifes car for some repairs early in the morning, so I decided to us the Intercontinental Bank ATM machine close to Garki Market even though my card was from Oceanic Bank. After collecting the 20K i withdrew, I place everything in my pocket together with the card quickly in order to leave that area for fear of hoodlums. To my suprise this morning, on counting the money I discovered that it was 3K short and I am sure I did not drop the money somewhere infact withdrawing from the ATM was the last thing I did yesterday outside, and I went straight home took off my cloths had my bath and slept. I have "lost" or rather been deducted money by ATM before on about 4 ocassions before but usually this was refunded after complaing to my bank and waiting for about 2 weeks! however this is the first time I was short changed. My wife also told me she was at an ATM were somebody in front of her was short changed becasu the money that came out of the machine was folded and thus counted as two notes instead of one. angry
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by Kzea: 6:09pm On Mar 30, 2010
it is very possible.
it has happen to me wen i was doing my industrial attachment in Niger state.but there is a solution to it .you to the branch where the atm is located and give them the complain.they are suppose to give you atm disbursement form.i.e atm debit your account without disbursing cash.they will collect your account number bank details and refund our money.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by sammytb(m): 6:30pm On Mar 30, 2010
No it hasn't happen to me and i pray it never happens to me, And i will like to advice u guys that u shouldnt withdraw more than 10000 grand anytime u want to withdraw, just ffor safety reasons, !
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by Kzea: 6:39pm On Mar 30, 2010
guy bone
nothing dey there
i work in bank and i know that they will refund your money if you tell them that atm debit you without disbursing cash
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by darne(m): 7:33pm On Mar 30, 2010
Yes,, this useless bank called 2nd bank,, I lost 10K on the dist day i got my atm card at mmia,, and after that ireported but it was just a waste of my time,, and at one of their brnach i lost my last 7k too,, And uptill now nuffin has been done to it,, USELESS BANKS !!!
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Mar 30, 2010
mine was unable to despend cash but the amount was debited from my account
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by Jerjens: 9:50pm On Mar 30, 2010
yes twice!
diamond bank atm, intercontinental card 25k

zenith bank atm diamond bank 25 or 30k, dnt use em anymore

POS diamond bank 40k dis was however reverted
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by Bethlehem: 3:59pm On Mar 31, 2010
it happens every now and them. its just machine error and am sure by the time you lay complaint at your bank you would be making the first step at getting your money credited back to ur account though it may take days.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by Chizin(m): 8:55pm On Mar 31, 2010
soo funny.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by iykdon: 9:30am On Apr 01, 2010
oh'' men it's a very sad moment, yesterday i ran out of cash, so i went to a nearby atm to collect some money,can u imagine dat,this machine did not give me money ,rather it debited it from my account, i met d costomer care ,they asked me to pass certain, proceses dat after 2 weeks they will put it back,dis is my sad moment on d atm. grin
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by nnemak(m): 3:31pm On Apr 01, 2010
It’s happened to us about 3 times. First with UBA years ago when they just started the ATM stuff. I had to write a letter and made 3 visits to the branch and got my money after 4 weeks, I was paid cash. (Bear in mind that I tried withdrawing from a different bank!)

After then I only use a third-party ATM machine during an emergency!
The next happened with Diamond bank last year; I got a fund reversal after three days with no visit to the bank!

The last one happen on the 18th of Feb, I intend cashing 40k and I was only paid the initial 20k and wanted till I got feed up for my next 20k to fallout.
When the machine vomited my card without the pepe I checked my bal. and noticed the total sum of 40k had been removed. I made a complain and was asked to wait 48hrs,
It took 4 visited and stern warning to that branch manager that am not going to let go of the small 20k ( their attitude was to bad that I was determined to collect that small pepe!!!)…I followed up with calls to the head office’s customer service and wrote a serious mail when I got a response closed ticket that my 20k was supposedly –paid to me!!!

Maybe the tone of my letter backed with a company emails address putting my lawyer’s in copy and others got the ticket re-opened and I received a message from them in a few days this
“The reversal has been effected. Your account was credited yesterday March 18, 2010 at 17.54pm with the sum of N20,000.00.

Please confirm receipt.

Regards,”

So Just follow them up, cheers
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by honeric01(m): 3:51pm On Apr 01, 2010
3 days now, no response from them, i am still waiting oo!!!!
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by honeric01(m): 10:12am On Apr 14, 2010
Finally finally, i got my #10k back, was at the bank today and i spoke with the guy I've been meeting all these while, well, he told me he was going to work on it and that he already sent my complaint to the zonal office, low and behold, 30 minutes after i left the bank, got an alert on my phone that my #10k has been credited to my account. I love diamond bank. kiss kiss kiss kiss (now i can load my phone and buy more fuel) grin grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by calddon(m): 7:03am On Feb 10, 2012
sorry guys i need to resurect this topic cos d same proble just happened to my. I bank with ecobank and i went to use an access bank atm cos i needed to pay some fees, after selecting 20k i waited for the money to come out but to my greatest supprise the atm just vibated as if it was counting money but did not come out and imstantly i recieved a mail dat i av been debited 20k. With the speed of light i dashed 2 d my bank and layed d complain but its been 3days now no refund as they said i would be refunded in 48hrs at most. I dont knw wat to do next o!
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by toygod2: 2:00pm On Sep 28, 2014
is it possible?

Lease Autodesk Product Design Collection And AEC Collection / Bet9ja Has Finished Nigerians With Lies, They Are FAKE, SEE PROOF / CBN Extends Support To Skye Bank