Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:10 AM

Ike Uche Back In Training! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ike Uche Back In Training! (1831 Views)

Ike Uche Happy For His Recall(see His Tweet) / Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion / Ike Uche In Tears After Scoring ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ike Uche Back In Training! by honeric01(m): 3:28pm On Mar 27, 2010
Real Zaragoza of Spain striker, Ikechukwu Uche (The Chief) is back in training with the La Liga side, following several months out on the sidelines.

Authoritative information from The Land of The Armada indicates that the former Racing Ferol, Recreativo Huelva and Getafe striker has passed the final test in his battle for fitness and is now back with the first team.

The 26-year-old Super Eagles star has been out since September 12, after damaging the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee in Zaragoza's 4-1 loss to Sevilla.

However, the worst now appears to be over, as Uche showed no ill-effects in his first major training session with the likes of Jermaine Pennant, Adrián Colunga, Jiří Jarošík, Humberto Suazo and others.

IK Uche, who emerged Nigeria’s top scorer during the World Cup qualifiers, despite missing the final two matches, had surgery to fix his left knee and was given the go-ahead to resume full training.

Zaragoza fans at the training ground saw him employ his trademark series of powerful runs and deft flicks to terrorise the opposing half.

IK admitted that the training had been little more than a practice session, which provided a valuable test of his fitness, but would not set a date for his competitive comeback.

"It was great fun playing alongside my team-mates again. I feel fine. It's obvious I'm still not 100%, but after the training I feel less worried about the future.

"I am grateful to my club, teammates, club fans, every Nigerian out there including my national team-mates because they have all stood by me.

"I had fun with everyone and we even worked on some neat one-twos together. Now I gradually feel the sharpness after several endurance, physical and mental training sessions.

“There's no timetable or deadline. I'll be back when I'm ready and not before," he stated.

Source : Brila FM website.

Re: Ike Uche Back In Training! by honeric01(m): 3:49pm On Mar 27, 2010
I can't wait to see you in the precious green white green jersey kiss
Re: Ike Uche Back In Training! by honeric01(m): 11:10pm On Apr 04, 2010
Uche available for Zaragoza

Posted: 2010-03-25 21:37

Nigerian striker Ikechukwu Uche has passed the final test in his quest to return to La Liga action - by resuming training with the Real Zaragoza first team on Thursday.

The 26-year-old has been out of action since September 12 after damaging the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee in Real Zaragoza's 4-1 loss to Sevilla in a Spanish League encounter.

Uche showed no ill-effects in his first major training session with the likes of Jermaine Pennant, Adrián Colunga, Jiří Jarošík, Humberto Suazo and others.

Nigeria’s top scorer during the World Cup qualifier despite missing the final two matches, Uche underwent surgery to fix his left knee and was recently given the go-ahead to resume full training.

The handful of Zaragoza fans who came to the training ground to watch the Nigerian, saw him employ his trademark series of powerful runs and deft flicks to terrorise the opposing half.

But Uche has played down the entire noise surrounding his return: "It was great fun playing alongside my team-mates again," he told KickOffNigeria.com after the training session.

"I feel fine," he said. "It's obvious I'm still not 100%, but after the training I feel less worried about the future.

"I am grateful to my club, teammates, club fans, every Nigerian out there including my national team-mates because they have all stood by me.

"I had fun with everyone and we even worked on some neat one-twos together."

The former Recreativo Huelva and Getafe player admitted the training had been little more than a practice session, but said it had still provided a valuable test of his fitness.

"Now I gradually feel the sharpness after several endurance, physical and mental training sessions.

Although he was happy with his first showing, Uche would not set a date for his competitive comeback.

"There's no timetable or deadline. I'll be back when I'm ready and not before," he told KickOffNigeria.com.

"The coach will decide and not me because I am just one of the players, but I am glad the coach and my team-mates are happy to have me around," he said.

However, the smile and laughter quickly disappeared when asked if he actually met with Nigeria new manager Lars Lagerback as reported by a Nigerian sports daily.

"I wonder where these people get such lies and terrible stories from," Uche lashed out.

"I only met NFF president Sani Lulu here in Spain and we had talks about the future and the new coach.

"And suddenly I hear and read that I met with the coach here in Spain. Sadly the man was never here and people are taking words from me that I met Lars Lagerback.

"I even read that I asked him to come and see me, that I will not be fit until May and other terrible things.

I just hope people would clarify or speak directly to me before writing lies and sad things. It’s a shame because I think the people and fans deserve to know the truth."

kickoff.
Re: Ike Uche Back In Training! by ochukoccna: 5:41pm On Apr 05, 2010
Ope O!
He's back.
Let's hope he can hit full match fitness b4 the world cup cos he's a VERY VALUABLE ASSET to the teams he plays for.
Re: Ike Uche Back In Training! by ibatosh84: 8:21pm On Jul 21, 2011
I can't wait to see u in the green white green again welcome back.

(1) (Reply)

Despite Troubles, Tiger Still Highest-paid Athlete.list Of Top Ten Athletes: / I Suffered A Lot When I Had To Face Messi As A Coach – Valverde / How Nigerian Super Eagles Made It To Russia 2018 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.