Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,546 members, 7,809,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

Congratulations! Nairaland Now Over Half A Million Members. . . - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Congratulations! Nairaland Now Over Half A Million Members. . . (2483 Views)

Thank You For Making Nairaland Forum Great (My Message To 1 Million Members) / Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members / Nairaland Hits 1 Million Members Hurray! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Congratulations! Nairaland Now Over Half A Million Members. . . by kosovo(m): 6:38pm On Mar 27, 2010
As i opened my bookmark and entered nairaland. . .  I smiled seeing the latest stats of the forum. . . Over 500,000 members? yes! it reflected into my eyes like magic.  . I am particularly happy that a lot of Nigerians have begun embracing the internet. I am also happy that it's happening at the first quarter of the year . .  right in time for my quarterly PM to all members at the Politics and Games section!

I want to thank all the members who have registered in the forum, not only registering but whose continuous informative and educative inputs have lead to re-visits. . .

I want to thank all the Moderators and Super Moderators for bringing sanity to all their respective boards.

Finally, I want to also thank the Supreme Commander of Nairaland for creating such a wonderful diverse platform For Nigerians and Friends of Nigerians!

Happy Easter in Advance! cheesy
Re: Congratulations! Nairaland Now Over Half A Million Members. . . by AloyEmeka5: 6:41pm On Mar 27, 2010
The numbers cannot be reliable because many of these members are recycled. Over 90% of nairalanders has been banned 5x or more by either the moderators or BOT. It means that if nairaland has 100k members, multiply it by 5 and it will give you 500k and I am being conservative with my estimation.
Re: Congratulations! Nairaland Now Over Half A Million Members. . . by kosovo(m): 6:45pm On Mar 27, 2010
@Aloy+Emeka
I understand . . . but you can never get the right estimation of anything that has to do with numbers. .

for example. . MTN says they have over 20 million subscribers . . you and i know that only less than 15 million are Active subscribers. . But the joy is that the passive subscribers can return anytime. . samething applicable here. . we got some passive and banned members. . but they will eventually show up later. . .
Re: Congratulations! Nairaland Now Over Half A Million Members. . . by Nobody: 6:53pm On Mar 27, 2010
Please how many of these members are clones of becomeKolo??

I will say divide you figure by 10. (where [+or-] 10 is the average number of clones per member)

50,000 people will be closer to the actual figure
Re: Congratulations! Nairaland Now Over Half A Million Members. . . by mankevo(m): 6:54pm On Mar 27, 2010
cheesy My people are really bracing up with the realities of their economic circumstances, and are beating the setbacks of being out of touch with information. Though some scammers have found safe heaven here, I still salute the courage of the decent ones here. Together we can make Nairaland a real "Naira-Land'' Congrats all. Am happy being a member.  cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Congratulations! Nairaland Now Over Half A Million Members. . . by AloyEmeka5: 6:57pm On Mar 27, 2010
kosovo:

@Aloy+Emeka
I understand . . . but you can never get the right estimation of anything that has to do with numbers. .

for example. .  MTN says they have over 20 million subscribers . . you and i know that only less than 15 million are Active subscribers. .  But the joy is that the passive subscribers can return anytime. .  samething applicable here. .  we got some passive and banned members. .  but they will eventually show up later. . .

Even though you are right but not completely because the MTN example you just gave is more accurate than Nairaland's own. There are more singular MTN subscribers than any other and over 80% of them maintain one number over a long period of time. Other excesses like crossover customers, temporary subscribers[like Nigerians who came home for holidays] and others who create number for special purposes both legal and illegal can fall into that 5 million bracket BUT Nairaland's 500k is skewed badly because the number of banned members cannot be compared to the unbanned ones. That 500k is a result of singular membership that increases in geometric progression.

Personally, BOT has banned me over nothing for about 6 times. Add that number to the logical banning I received and I may be totaling 10 in that 500k. Now, estimate over 90% who received the same treatment from BOT or moderators and draw your inference.

If the number is like 100K, it will be believable but not 500k. Personally, I am not sure Nairaland has more than 20K membership.
Re: Congratulations! Nairaland Now Over Half A Million Members. . . by PapaBrowne(m): 6:58pm On Mar 27, 2010
It's now 500070. . . . that means that 70 more members have just joined! Thats fast!!
Re: Congratulations! Nairaland Now Over Half A Million Members. . . by kosovo(m): 7:01pm On Mar 27, 2010
^^^^
I posted the thread when it was 500068. . .

Not that fast cheesy
Re: Congratulations! Nairaland Now Over Half A Million Members. . . by kosovo(m): 7:04pm On Mar 27, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Personally, BOT has banned me over nothing for about 6 times. Add that number to the logical banning I received and I may be totaling 10 in that 500k. Now, estimate over 90% who received the same treatment from BOT or moderators and draw your inference.

i still have the feelings that the advantages of the Spambot outweighs the Disadvantages. . IDK. . but that's just what i feel. . .
Re: Congratulations! Nairaland Now Over Half A Million Members. . . by KnowAll(m): 7:12pm On Mar 27, 2010
It means those in Authorithies will always use this meduim as a barometer to test public pleasure and displeasure. Congrats to Nairaland
Re: Congratulations! Nairaland Now Over Half A Million Members. . . by mbulela: 7:27pm On Mar 27, 2010
kosovo:

@Aloy+Emeka

for example. . MTN says they have over 20 million subscribers . . you and i know that only less than 15 million are Active subscribers. . But the joy is that the passive subscribers can return anytime. . samething applicable here. . we got some passive and banned members. . but they will eventually show up later. . .

Not very correct. sub numbers as a convection is restricted to the number of subscribers that have been active within a specific number of days (i think the last 90 days).
I agree with Aloy that the number is not very reliable. more importantly, i can see that you are beginning to tone down your sycophantic comments. there is still away to go but t least you seem redeemable and your English and write up makes sense to mortal men.
Re: Congratulations! Nairaland Now Over Half A Million Members. . . by mamagee3(f): 7:42pm On Mar 27, 2010
In which 500,000 members have been banned. undecided
Re: Congratulations! Nairaland Now Over Half A Million Members. . . by PapaBrowne(m): 7:49pm On Mar 27, 2010
kosovo:

^^^^
I posted the thread when it was 500068. . .

Not that fast cheesy

Okay. But right now it is 500081. That is about 13 members in the last hours. Thats huge.

I hope Seun is reaping the benefits big time.The last I checked, if it is correct, he was doing a little less than a $grand a day. For a site this large, he should make ten times that if he can adequately harness the massive opportunities that numbers like these present.
Re: Congratulations! Nairaland Now Over Half A Million Members. . . by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 27, 2010
. . .and it's now 5000088 as I post, five minutes after your post. 7 members in five minutes. I think I joined when membership was around 150,000 mid 2007.

Anyway, congrats to NL at half a million membership.
Re: Congratulations! Nairaland Now Over Half A Million Members. . . by ElRazur: 7:58pm On Mar 27, 2010
kosovo:

i still have the feelings that the advantages of the Spambot outweighs the Disadvantages. . IDK. . but that's just what i feel. . .

The general feeling is that you really do not have a clue about anything. grin

PS
Love you really. lol. My favourite mod.
Re: Congratulations! Nairaland Now Over Half A Million Members. . . by kosovo(m): 7:59pm On Mar 27, 2010
ElRazur:

The general feeling is that you really do not have a clue about anything. grin

PS
Love you really. lol. My favourite mod.

I love u too. . . Lol cheesy but . .but you were late to the party. . . OH! clueless. . . shocked
Re: Congratulations! Nairaland Now Over Half A Million Members. . . by Beaf: 9:05pm On Mar 27, 2010
kosovo: Finally, I want to also thank the Supreme Commander of Nairaland for creating such a wonderful diverse platform For Nigerians and Friends of Nigerians!

I congratulate NL on hitting that milestone.

Having said that, I hope your "Supreme Commander" will understand that, the more people join the NL community, the less he is able to change the words or actions of members with impunity. Its now 500,000 members past the time to drop that "Supreme Commander" thing.
Re: Congratulations! Nairaland Now Over Half A Million Members. . . by ElRazur: 9:07pm On Mar 27, 2010
Beaf:

I congratulate NL on hitting that milestone.

Having said that, I hope your "Supreme Commander" will understand that, the more people join the NL community, the less he is able to change the words or actions of members with impunity. Its now 500,000 members past the time to drop that "Supreme Commander" thing.

**hugs beaf**

cool
Re: Congratulations! Nairaland Now Over Half A Million Members. . . by Ceekay(m): 9:14pm On Mar 27, 2010
I've been a registered member of nairaland since 2006,
but wat irritates me about the site is the owner, Seun
His behaviour is a write-off
I have to congratulate him for establishing this site when he did, when internet was a luxury in naija
That was a master stroke
But about this censorship thing, its just senseless
Words like s, e, x, b, r, e, a, s, t, what are you censoring them for
Isnt it hypocrisy?
Using even more meaningless words, sometimes insulting to the sensibilities
Make he go die jor. . .
Re: Congratulations! Nairaland Now Over Half A Million Members. . . by maedan(f): 9:17pm On Mar 27, 2010
So, kini big deal?? Not like it's adding one kobo to my pocket tongue. Most people traffic here for the info, less than 1000 are actual, steady posting members. So what's the hulabaloo all about??
Re: Congratulations! Nairaland Now Over Half A Million Members. . . by kosovo(m): 9:43pm On Mar 27, 2010
@maedan  . .  Sorry to break your heart, i have a life already!
 lets pop some campaign already . . . ElRazur  C'mon . .  cheesy

Re: Congratulations! Nairaland Now Over Half A Million Members. . . by kosovo(m): 9:46pm On Mar 27, 2010
@Tudór . . . I am sorry this thread is for lovers and supporters of Nairaland only. . .Your post had to go because it has no reason to be here. . . M sorry! sad
Re: Congratulations! Nairaland Now Over Half A Million Members. . . by maedan(f): 9:47pm On Mar 27, 2010
Umm. @ kosovo, I wasn't referring to you naaw, but to the mod who banned me some time back over this same individual/entity that is H202.
Re: Congratulations! Nairaland Now Over Half A Million Members. . . by Nobody: 9:52pm On Mar 27, 2010
^^^

i see two new members in NL's immediate future cheesy one of them will prolly be nicknamed water
Re: Congratulations! Nairaland Now Over Half A Million Members. . . by kosovo(m): 9:52pm On Mar 27, 2010
@maedan it's okay i got ya. . H2O2 and maedan lets settle your differences here, C'mon . . . cheesy
Re: Congratulations! Nairaland Now Over Half A Million Members. . . by H2O2: 9:55pm On Mar 27, 2010
oyb:

^^^

i see two new members in NL's immediate future cheesy one of them will prolly be nicknamed water
rofl, you guessed correctly. it's already in the works.

i'm glad to contribute to nl' ever-increasing population growth.
Re: Congratulations! Nairaland Now Over Half A Million Members. . . by AloyEmeka5: 9:55pm On Mar 27, 2010
Ceekay:

I've been a registered member of nairaland since 2006,
but wat irritates me about the site is the owner, Seun
His behaviour is a write-off
I have to congratulate him for establishing this site when he did, when internet was a luxury in naija
That was a master stroke
But about this censorship thing, its just senseless
Words like s, e, x, b, r, e, a, s, t, what are you censoring them for
Isnt it hypocrisy?
Using even more meaningless words, sometimes insulting to the sensibilities
Make he go die jor. . .

Because the censorship board in Nigeria may not allow it and if he continues to violate their orders by letting people use the languages they banned, NCC will clamp down on Nairaland. We do have a government in this obodo Nigeria in case you don't know.
Re: Congratulations! Nairaland Now Over Half A Million Members. . . by kosovo(m): 9:55pm On Mar 27, 2010
Pls can we end all the issues of non-confirmity here. .
Thank you!
Re: Congratulations! Nairaland Now Over Half A Million Members. . . by Beaf: 9:57pm On Mar 27, 2010
H2O2:

rofl, you guessed correctly. it's already in the works.

i'm glad to contribute to nl' ever-increasing population growth.

My friend, H2O2 is Hydrogen peroxide, not water! wink
Re: Congratulations! Nairaland Now Over Half A Million Members. . . by Nobody: 9:59pm On Mar 27, 2010
i'd delightfully eat you for lunch.

tongue tongue tongue

get a room already - at least you'll have something doing while living out yr bans  cheesy
Re: Congratulations! Nairaland Now Over Half A Million Members. . . by Beaf: 10:03pm On Mar 27, 2010
@maedan
Have you ever viciously, maliciously, critically, explosively rejected H2O2's weak advances? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
H2O2, leave the girl alone.
Re: Congratulations! Nairaland Now Over Half A Million Members. . . by H2O2: 10:06pm On Mar 27, 2010
maedan:

His advances are not the only things that are weak, by the way wink lipsrsealed.
you're addicted to me. you want some?

Beaf:

@maedan
Have you ever viciously, maliciously, critically, explosively rejected H2O2's weak advances? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
H2O2, leave the girl alone.
lol the least she can do is let me finger.

@maedan,
just show me your titties on skype and i'll leave you alone. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sexual Scandal; Zeina Cisse, Accused Actor Majid Mitchel Of Impregnating Her / List Of Approved Traffic/vehicles Offences In Nigeria And Their Fines / Nigerian ‘big Boy’ Who Sleeps On Money Searches For A Contractual Baby Mama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.