Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 (17416 Views)

Poll: Who Proceeds To the SemiFinals?

Arsenal FC: 43% (43 votes)
Barcelona: 56% (57 votes)
This poll has ended

UCL : FC Copenhagen Vs Chelsea [0 - 2] On Tue 22nd February 2011 / Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April / Manchester United Vs Chelsea [1 - 2] On Saturday 3rd April 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by detopshot(m): 8:30pm On Mar 27, 2010
Hey guys, arsenal football club will return to action on tue 6th april @nou camp. they confronted the defending champions, barcelona some days ago. the match ended 2-2 at full time. what do you think's gonna happen on tue when the gunners, having faced a star-studded barca side @d emirates, hope to go through to the semi-final stage. Now that the first leg has been decided @d emirates, with arsenal's arshavin, galas and fabregas out. barcelona's ibrahimovic and iniesta unlikely, who'll carry the day on tue @ nou camp?
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by annold(m): 3:12am On Apr 05, 2010
detopshot:

Hey guys, arsenal football club will return to action on tue 6th april @nou camp. they confronted the defending champions, barcelona some days ago. the match ended 2-2 at full time. what do you think's gonna happen on tue when the gunners, having faced a star-studded barca side @d emirates, hope to go through to the semi-final stage. Now that the first leg has been decided @d emirates, with arsenal's arshavin, galas and fabregas out. barcelona's ibrahimovic and iniesta unlikely, who'll carry the day on tue @ nou camp?
Well, i just feel arsenal is out.
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by edoyad(m): 6:22am On Apr 05, 2010
I think we should be watching out for who will meet us in the semis, Mourinho will be a tricky customer for the gunz.
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by v3: 7:06am On Apr 05, 2010
Barca wud b lukn 2 kil dis game inside d 1st 20minz&WIL b wary of TW. . .i'd luv 2 c walchy n eboue start,wit denilson.diaby n nasiru in d mf. . . coyg!
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by v3: 7:08am On Apr 05, 2010
And cud sum1 pls tell almunia 2 wear d SAME gloves he wore 4 d 1st leg. . :p
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by Digriz(m): 7:12am On Apr 05, 2010
Arsenal wl gv gud acct of themselves bt they wont make it to semis.
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by bigfather(m): 2:51pm On Apr 05, 2010
Digriz:

Arsenal wl gv gud acct of themselves bt they wont make it to semis.

The die is cast . Lets see how it goes, i even heard Song won't be playing ?! Ol'boy una go fear fear !
Barca all the way !
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by khanye(m): 3:07pm On Apr 05, 2010
Song out of Barca trip, Campbell doubtful . . .Hopefully Mikael Silvestre will play grin grin
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by Krayola(m): 3:46pm On Apr 05, 2010
Anything can happen in fooball. Sometimes u play well and lose. Sometimes the other team has the game of their lives.

Either ways, arsenal should be out by tomorrow night. grin
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by abrahym(m): 5:35pm On Apr 05, 2010
arsenal will shock the entire football world,then man united will prove haters wrong
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by scantee(m): 6:05pm On Apr 05, 2010
All these Arsenal fan una no dey tire, every time bra bra bra, Arsenal will humilate barca for how long, is just few hours to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Barca remain the almighty
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by HNIC(m): 6:49pm On Apr 05, 2010
On paper,it looks like the end of the road for Arsenal, with the spine of the team out of this one.
No Fabregas,Gallas,Song and RVP!
But. . . . . . . .
Football isn't played on paper grin
It's played on a football field
Come on Gunners!!!
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by khanye(m): 7:10pm On Apr 05, 2010
^^Keep the faith grin tongue
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by annold(m): 7:27pm On Apr 05, 2010
you guys hav ma word, arsenal's out. it's not as if i hav anyfin against them. i am a fan of Chelsea but i love watchin their games. just that we hav to be real!
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by edoyad(m): 8:22pm On Apr 05, 2010
I expect Arsenal to entertain as usual, give me future football gunners.
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by honeric01(m): 9:23pm On Apr 05, 2010
In 21hr's time, we shall know who's the best.
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by dipo2much(m): 9:49pm On Apr 05, 2010
I believe that we will beat Barce at the Nou Camp. I see the gunners taking this game very seriously as song,our own essien,especially is out. If diaby,nasri,walcot,vermalean can pull 5star performances (very possible knowing how many injured players there are), barca will go down.

UP THE ARSENAL
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by mykali(m): 10:20pm On Apr 05, 2010
If Arsenal could pull the kind of last minute stunt they did last week, against a weekend Barca defence, then this match is gonna be unpredictable.
Keeping my fingers crossed on this one.
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by bigfather(m): 8:54am On Apr 06, 2010
mykali:

If Arsenal could pull the kind of last minute stunt they did last week, against a weekend Barca defence, then this match is gonna be unpredictable.
Keeping my fingers crossed on this one.

Guy, Lets wait and see!
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by ogazi007(m): 8:57am On Apr 06, 2010
Only a few comes to nou camp and go with their head up!
they will have a chance against barcelona but barcelona will have chances.
i am afraid its the end of the road for my beloved gunners.
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by Gooner1: 9:02am On Apr 06, 2010
There is no proper blog post this morning, just moaning. Seriously, with all that traffic this morning I’m in no mood to even start to share my thoughts about what I think will happen tonight. Ahead of the first leg with Barcelona, I was in a highly confident mood that we would win and even though we came away with a draw, I was satisfied that the boys had done their best. This morning, I have the same feeling I had just before the away games at Olympiacos and Man City (Carling Cup).

Injuries and suspensions have depleted both sides to the extent that it seems to have balanced out their strengths and weaknesses. For Barcelona they have Puyol and Pique suspended while Ibrahimovic is out due to injury. For Arsenal, the list is endless. Picking only the recent injuries, I’d mention Gallas, Fabregas, Song and Arshavin. With Rosicky and Campbell doubtfull we face an uphill task to get the win we need.

Possible line up: Almunia, Sagna, Silvestre, Vermaelen, Clichy, Denilson, Nasri, Eboue, Diaby, Bendtner, Eduardo

I think the boss should go with Walcott on the bench and leave him with the role of the impact player. If it’s still a draw at half time, he could then withdraw Sagna and push Eboue to right back with Walcott slotting into the attack. We also need Diaby to wake up and have an ON day while Denilson needs a repeat of his performance in the second leg. Barring that we are in deep trouble.

I won’t even talk about the title race because at the moment, the only thing on our minds is the Nou Camp. News that Iniesta trained yesterday is sure to send shivers down the spines of many an Arsenal fan but I suspect he will be rested as the have the tie with Real Madrid at the weekend. Maybe that would work in our favour.

Till then, I leave you with the words of Daniel Karbassiyoon on Twitter

“We once beat Inter at the San Siro 5-1. We beat AC Milan at the San Siro, and we also beat Real Madrid at the Bernabau. Belief and character”

For me, I’ll just hope that Thierry Henry scores an own goal!

My Verdict: Arsenal 0 Barcelona 1

sad
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by bigfather(m): 9:10am On Apr 06, 2010
~`Gooner`~:

There is no proper blog post this morning, just moaning. Seriously, with all that traffic this morning I’m in no mood to even start to share my thoughts about what I think will happen tonight. Ahead of the first leg with Barcelona, I was in a highly confident mood that we would win and even though we came away with a draw, I was satisfied that the boys had done their best. This morning, I have the same feeling I had just before the away games at Olympiacos and Man City (Carling Cup).

Injuries and suspensions have depleted both sides to the extent that it seems to have balanced out their strengths and weaknesses. For Barcelona they have Puyol and Pique suspended while Ibrahimovic is out due to injury. For Arsenal, the list is endless. Picking only the recent injuries, I’d mention Gallas, Fabregas, Song and Arshavin. With Rosicky and Campbell doubtfull we face an uphill task to get the win we need.

Possible line up: Almunia, Sagna, Silvestre, Vermaelen, Clichy, Denilson, Nasri, Eboue, Diaby, Bendtner, Eduardo

I think the boss should go with Walcott on the bench and leave him with the role of the impact player. If it’s still a draw at half time, he could then withdraw Sagna and push Eboue to right back with Walcott slotting into the attack. We also need Diaby to wake up and have an ON day while Denilson needs a repeat of his performance in the second leg. Barring that we are in deep trouble.

I won’t even talk about the title race because at the moment, the only thing on our minds is the Nou Camp. News that Iniesta trained yesterday is sure to send shivers down the spines of many an Arsenal fan but I suspect he will be rested as the have the tie with Real Madrid at the weekend. Maybe that would work in our favour.

Till then, I leave you with the words of Daniel Karbassiyoon on Twitter

“We once beat Inter at the San Siro 5-1. We beat AC Milan at the San Siro, and we also beat Real Madrid at the Bernabau. Belief and character”

For me, I’ll just hope that Thierry Henry scores an own goal!

My Verdict: Arsenal 0 Barcelona 1

sad

That's the spirit my guy. Thanks for accepting defeat GALANTLY !
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by harmeenut: 9:54am On Apr 06, 2010
Injuries and suspensions have depleted both sides to the extent that it seems to have balanced out their strengths and weaknesses

While it's true injury had depleted the two sides, Arsenal seems to be worst hit. For every absentee in Barca, there is an alternative as good as the absentee. So Barca may not feel the absence of these people you mentioned. Unlike Arsenal, we always have problem of weaker replacement when a top player is out.

On paper Barca goes through, but something just keeps coming to my mind that Arsenal will shock Barca at Nou Camp; I dont really know where the feeling is coming from and I have tried to banish it away but it keeps coming back. So for gunners haters, be ready for a shock.

Away from my fantasy, if Barca will go through, Pls god of soccer, don't let it be a massacre cheesy cheesy cheesy wink wink smiley grin
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by ogazi007(m): 9:58am On Apr 06, 2010
Lmao!i will tell pep to tamper soccer with mercy/messi.
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by scantee(m): 10:21am On Apr 06, 2010
few hours to go.
Barca the Almighty
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by bigfather(m): 10:34am On Apr 06, 2010
ogazi007:

Lmao!i will tell pep to tamper soccer with mercy/messi.

grin grin grin
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by tayoccu(m): 10:45am On Apr 06, 2010
annold:

you guys hav ma word, arsenal's out. it's not as if i hav anyfin against them. i am a fan of Chelsea but i love watchin their games. just that we hav to be real!

was rubin kazan beating barcelona a dream or reality?
if you/we all want to be real, then we'll all wait till the end of the match, cos in reality,it is never over before the match.
remember cameroon and senegal both beat defending world cup champions.

the odds are against us,it might seem unlikely, but we will win barca by a single goal margin. (ie 0-1, 1-2).
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by harmeenut: 10:53am On Apr 06, 2010
I dont think we can escape with a win without Barca scoring, me thinks it's more likely to 2-1 or arsenal win after penalty shoot-out
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by victorazy(m): 11:13am On Apr 06, 2010
yep, the score was 1 - 2 with aggregate of 3 - 4 in favour of Arsenal "no sentimental"
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by ichommy(m): 11:20am On Apr 06, 2010
no comment,
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by mikeoscar: 12:14pm On Apr 06, 2010
I think we should be watching out for who will meet us in the semis, Mourinho will be a tricky customer for the gunz.

So what happened to NOT putting the Cart before the kete-kete grin
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by olayinkaj2(m): 12:17pm On Apr 06, 2010
Well, ppl av given their own predictions, we av too many players injured, gallas, fabregas and lately song. Barca is in pole position to qualify but lets see what happen 2nite at nou camp. I rest my case till after the match. Gunners 4life,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Dynamo Kiev Vs Chelsea: UCl (0 - 0) On 20th October 2015 / Manchester City Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) ON 26th December 2013 / Arsenal To Play Atletico Madrid In Europa League Semi-finals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.