Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:01 AM

I Advised Agf Malami To Meet With Maina Abroad – Sss Dg Lawal Daura - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Advised Agf Malami To Meet With Maina Abroad – Sss Dg Lawal Daura (14211 Views)

DSS Invasion: Atiku Commends Osinbajo Over Sack Of DG, Lawal Daura / Why Buhari Will Not Meet With Maina - Itse Sagay / I Met With Maina In Dubai - Malami Tells Senate Panel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Advised Agf Malami To Meet With Maina Abroad – Sss Dg Lawal Daura by deji17: 12:08am On Dec 01, 2017
I advised AGF Malami to meet with Maina abroad – SSS DG Lawal Daura
November 30, 2017

Nasir Ayitogo

The Director General of the State Security Services, Lawal Daura, said on Thursday that he advised the Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami, to meet with Abdulrasheed Maina abroad
Mr. Maina is wanted for alleged pension fraud and is currently on the run from the anti-graft agency, EFCC.
Mr. Daura, while giving his submission on Thursday to the House of Representatives ad-hoc committee investigating Mr. Maina’s controversial reinstatement and promotion in the civil service, however said he advised him to do so in presence of a third party.
“The attorney general of the federation sometime in 2016 or 2015 (can’t remember the exact day) because it was not through a formal document, placed a call to me when he was outside the country and requested me on a request he got through a source that Maina wanted to meet him.”
“He wanted me to advise him whether to agree to see Maina or not in that foreign country.”
“I responded to the attorney general that he should accept to see Maina but he should not see him alone”
“He should see him with a third party,” Mr. Daura said.
The security chief said the attorney general complied and met Mr. Maina in the presence of a third party.
On the accusation of the SSS shielding Mr. Maina, Mr. Daura said Mr. Maina had approached the service with a letter alleging threat to his life and therefore requested for protection.

He said “the letter was scrutinised and fears expressed by Maina were also to a large extent established”
He said the service decided to look into the matter so as to protect Mr. Maina.
“Because of the right to life which is guaranteed by our constitution universally recognized, Maina’s case was directed to be looked into so as not to allow his life to be in jeopardy.”
Mr. Daura said no agency, including the EFCC, wrote the SSS seeking to arrest Mr. Maina.
He added that the service has nothing to do with the reinstatement of Mr. Maina and his subsequent promotion.
Unlike the SSS, however, the Nigeria Immigration Service, NIS, said it was notified in 2013 to put Mr. Maina on a stop list and prevent him from travelling abroad, which it complied with.
The NIS chief, Mohammed Babandede, also told the committee that the NIS has no record of Mr. Maina leaving the country since 2013.
PREMIUM TIMES on October 20 broke the story of Mr. Maina’s controversial return to civil service after years of being on the run, sending shockwaves through the nation and placing the administration’s conduct under renewed public criticism and scrutiny.
Mr. Maina was dismissed from service in 2013 during the Goodluck Jonathan administration for absconding from office following allegations that he diverted billions in public funds for his own use when he headed the pension reform task force.
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission subsequently moved to arrest and prosecute him; but Mr. Maina, who was fired as an assistant director, bolted from the law.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/251136-i-advised-agf-malami-meet-maina-abroad-sss-dg-lawal-daura.html

2 Shares

Re: I Advised Agf Malami To Meet With Maina Abroad – Sss Dg Lawal Daura by Buhari4Hunger: 12:27am On Dec 01, 2017
Buhari doesn't mean well for any of us.

76 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Advised Agf Malami To Meet With Maina Abroad – Sss Dg Lawal Daura by deji17: 12:30am On Dec 01, 2017
Buhari4Hunger:

Your opinion, which many do not share... grin grin grin grin

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Advised Agf Malami To Meet With Maina Abroad – Sss Dg Lawal Daura by dokiOloye(m): 12:33am On Dec 01, 2017
Ali Baba Buhari and his forty thieves doing their usual thing.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Advised Agf Malami To Meet With Maina Abroad – Sss Dg Lawal Daura by dunkem21(m): 12:55am On Dec 01, 2017
What a disjointed article to pull the wool over our eyes..

I swallow comments when I hear any thing ending with 'SS' lipsrsealed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Advised Agf Malami To Meet With Maina Abroad – Sss Dg Lawal Daura by yarimo(m): 1:14am On Dec 01, 2017
Buhari4Hunger:
what do you mean by US? undecided embarassed

11 Likes

Re: I Advised Agf Malami To Meet With Maina Abroad – Sss Dg Lawal Daura by EASY39(m): 1:24am On Dec 01, 2017
Humm
Re: I Advised Agf Malami To Meet With Maina Abroad – Sss Dg Lawal Daura by EASY39(m): 1:25am On Dec 01, 2017
T
Re: I Advised Agf Malami To Meet With Maina Abroad – Sss Dg Lawal Daura by freeze001(f): 2:11am On Dec 01, 2017
Hehehe... smoke and mirrors by the fulani cabal, blend that with the notoriously, forcefully shortened memory of Nigerians and u can be sure that within d next 6 months (this is being really charitable), this Maina entertainment series will be swept under the carpet by the ever efficient broom and somehow Jonathan will be hung out to dry on the matter.

Afterall everything wrong is Jonathan's fault for daring to become president, who born am? Shebi na Naija we dey? I just hope Winifred does not finally take the fall though I won't be surprised.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Advised Agf Malami To Meet With Maina Abroad – Sss Dg Lawal Daura by morbeta(m): 2:41am On Dec 01, 2017
This is the end of holier than thou attitude of Buhari.....who is fooling who. IBB was right after all.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Advised Agf Malami To Meet With Maina Abroad – Sss Dg Lawal Daura by uloewa: 3:25am On Dec 01, 2017
HYPOCRACY continues. GOVT OF THE HYPOCRITES BY THE HYPOCRITES FOR THE HYPOCRITES. BUHARI IS A SCAM.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Advised Agf Malami To Meet With Maina Abroad – Sss Dg Lawal Daura by exposition: 5:02am On Dec 01, 2017
main a has not left the country since 2013-una no dey read news before una lie?
Re: I Advised Agf Malami To Meet With Maina Abroad – Sss Dg Lawal Daura by agwom(m): 5:20am On Dec 01, 2017
Re: I Advised Agf Malami To Meet With Maina Abroad – Sss Dg Lawal Daura by sdindan: 5:25am On Dec 01, 2017
All this abracadabra.
This case will be soon be forgotten cuz Buhari is involved.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Advised Agf Malami To Meet With Maina Abroad – Sss Dg Lawal Daura by eyesofthegods: 5:28am On Dec 01, 2017
And the meeting led to the recovery of over one trillion naira. And the dss boss also advised him to go with a third party.

That is the right thing to do.

Nigerians can't arrest people in other country.

Dss gathers intelligence and thathe meeting may have given dss some intelligence
Re: I Advised Agf Malami To Meet With Maina Abroad – Sss Dg Lawal Daura by AishaBuhari: 6:38am On Dec 01, 2017
With all the glaring allegations against Buhari he still tries to appear innocent without making any speech - Buhari is a hardened terrorist/criminal!

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Advised Agf Malami To Meet With Maina Abroad – Sss Dg Lawal Daura by nawtyme: 6:52am On Dec 01, 2017
And Buhari said he was not aware of the reinstatement. Heads should have been rolling for this gaffe if Buhari was truly unaware of Maina's reinstatement.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Advised Agf Malami To Meet With Maina Abroad – Sss Dg Lawal Daura by Samusu(m): 7:07am On Dec 01, 2017
Hmmmmm, ayamnotundastandin dis pple again

1 Like

Re: I Advised Agf Malami To Meet With Maina Abroad – Sss Dg Lawal Daura by Dhugal: 7:10am On Dec 01, 2017
When did it become the job of the SSS,an intelligence agency,to provide protection for a fugitive who's life is under 'threat'?.
Isn't that the job of the police and the prison service?.
A whole AGF meeting with a known fugitive from the law?.
These guys are bastards

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Advised Agf Malami To Meet With Maina Abroad – Sss Dg Lawal Daura by naijaboy756: 7:19am On Dec 01, 2017
Gang of rascals who are Quota system beneficiaries.... Well coordinated arrangement by all of them... so sad it leaked to the media.

Quote me anywhere!!! THEY HAVE THIS ALL PLANNED OUT...

Unfortunately, it leaked ...

4 Likes

Re: I Advised Agf Malami To Meet With Maina Abroad – Sss Dg Lawal Daura by Nobody: 7:21am On Dec 01, 2017
The problem with Nigerians is that we are too sentimental and always trying to justify wrong doings by citing examples of others who who committed the same crimes and seems to get away with it. Some of us voted for PMB because we wanted change but that should not make us intellectually fraudulent by shying away from facts. It is a well known fact that the greatest asset of PMB prior to contesting for President was integrity. But he is fast loosing it. Infact he is no longer In charge of his government. The issue here is the glaring incompetence of PMB in tackling corruption. I will cite some few examples by asking the following questions:

1. Why did it took him so long to look into the corruption allegations against the SGF and NIA director and why have they not been handed over to Efcc for prosecution?

2. Why is the president afraid of calling the DSS to order. Twice they wrote adverse reports on Magu to the Senate despite the fact that the President nominated Magu?

3. If the adverse reports written by DSS is true why is the President insisting on nominating Magu?

4. is the President aware of Maina reinstatement as alleged by the head of service and Maina himself?

5. If he was aware why is he shying away from taking responsibility?. If he is convinced that Maina is innocent why not not follow due process to reinstate him?

6 Why is he still retaining the AGF,Minister of interior and HOS despite their role they played in the illegal reinstatement of Maina?

7. Why did the government chickened out in the alleged false asset declaration case of the Senate President

8. Why did he not properly handle the issue of the award of $26billion and irregular appointments by NNPC GMD?

9. What is he doing about the show of shame between the DSS and EFCC where the former prevented the latter from arresting the former director of DSS?

10. Despite the alleged interventions running into billions of dollars to save the naira,why is the Naira still above 350 to a dollar? The formal CBN governor Sanusi Lamido stated it last year that people are becoming overnight billionaire at the expense our exchange rate Voodoo Economy.

I hate it when people start referring to the last regime to justify the incompetence of the present regime. We voted because we wanted change. Nigeria Economy is in dire state and we are going the way of Venezuela. The 2018 budget is dead on arrival. Presently Nigeria is using one third of our revenue to service debt and yet we are mortgaging the future of our children by borrowing more without corresponding value adding infrastructure!
We will be doing great disservice to ourselves and our children if we fail to tell ourselves the truth. Facts and Figures don't lie. The foreign investors knows better that is why they are running away from Nigeria. We will not be helping our President if we don't tell ourself bitter truth

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Advised Agf Malami To Meet With Maina Abroad – Sss Dg Lawal Daura by Nobody: 7:27am On Dec 01, 2017
Just to absolve Buhari....

Buhari has a hand in this fully

4 Likes

Re: I Advised Agf Malami To Meet With Maina Abroad – Sss Dg Lawal Daura by shegzy30: 7:54am On Dec 01, 2017
pls n.landers i need your assistance. I'm a final year student of ilorin. I'm in need of #8,000 to complete my school fees,and the payment is closing on Tuesday,5th Dec. I have tried my possible best to raise the money through friends but no positive result,and i don't have hope in anywhere again that is why I'm asking for your assistance.
john Isaac 0220730113(gtb) 08106853918
Re: I Advised Agf Malami To Meet With Maina Abroad – Sss Dg Lawal Daura by Nutase: 8:12am On Dec 01, 2017
Atiku 2019 Insha Allahu. He will fight corruption and hail the likes of maina.
Re: I Advised Agf Malami To Meet With Maina Abroad – Sss Dg Lawal Daura by omowolewa: 8:31am On Dec 01, 2017
There some corruption cases in Nigerian that enjoy presidental shield. One is Mainagate, Halliburton follows, Malabu deal, others follow suit
Re: I Advised Agf Malami To Meet With Maina Abroad – Sss Dg Lawal Daura by BruncleZuma: 8:48am On Dec 01, 2017
grin grin cheesy grin
Re: I Advised Agf Malami To Meet With Maina Abroad – Sss Dg Lawal Daura by princechiemekam(m): 8:48am On Dec 01, 2017
K
Re: I Advised Agf Malami To Meet With Maina Abroad – Sss Dg Lawal Daura by NaijaMutant(f): 8:49am On Dec 01, 2017
Buhari is fighting hard to exonerate himself of any guilt in Maina's reinstatement. But we know he's the chief manipulator hiding under different faces.

The more the try to cover up, the more the reveal their incompetence and criminality.

AGF met with a fugitive abroad. what did they discuss?

DSS authorized AGF to meet a fugitive abroad. On who's orders were they acting.

The NIS is telling us they have no records of Maina leaving the country. He just disappeared out of Nigeria to Dubai.

I really want to know Buhari's interest in Maina.

Or is it just born out of his proclivity of favouring the North?

5 Likes

Re: I Advised Agf Malami To Meet With Maina Abroad – Sss Dg Lawal Daura by GavelSlam: 8:52am On Dec 01, 2017
Buhari4Hunger:

Na OYO get you.

1 Like

Re: I Advised Agf Malami To Meet With Maina Abroad – Sss Dg Lawal Daura by emmasege: 8:52am On Dec 01, 2017
If I may ask, who does this alma.jiri AGF report to? Is DSS DG his direct boss and not the President? Assuming the Daura Dull.ard was still on medical vacation as at that time, why not seek such approval/advice to meet Maina from the acting President?

Why do these alma.jiris take us all for fools? I find it difficult to believe that Buhari didn't know about the whole matter. And assuming he didn't even know, he should take responsibility for failure of his appointees all of whom report directly to him.

Only deranged individuals would think Buhari is not culpable in Mainagate.

1 Like

Re: I Advised Agf Malami To Meet With Maina Abroad – Sss Dg Lawal Daura by able20(m): 8:52am On Dec 01, 2017
Buhari government na abracadabra. Zero transparency

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sunday Dare Denies Asking For N81m To Cut Grass In Abuja Stadium / Fashola: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Open By February 15 / Why Osinbajo Sings Hope Despite Insecurity, Economic Hardship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.