Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,431 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:17 PM

Youths Celebrate Age Grade In Imo With Guns & Sticks (Video) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Youths Celebrate Age Grade In Imo With Guns & Sticks (Video) (24659 Views)

Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire / Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos / Similarities Between Igbo Age Grade Tradition And Jewish Bar Mitzvah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youths Celebrate Age Grade In Imo With Guns & Sticks (Video) by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 01, 2017
THIS IGBO TRADITION IS SAME AS JEWISH TRADITION CALLED Bar Mitzvah . IF YOU ARE STILL DOUBTING IF IGBOS ARE ORIGINAL JEWS, WHAT OTHER EVIDENCE DO YOU NEED? IS THIS A COINCIDENCE? NOT AT ALL.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bar_and_Bat_Mitzvah
Re: Youths Celebrate Age Grade In Imo With Guns & Sticks (Video) by PenlsCaP: 2:26pm On Dec 01, 2017
Abagworo:
This isn't Igbo mr OP. I've been trying to even pick one common Igbo word like Chukwu or bia but I can't. This might not even be Nigeria. People of Mbano, Obowo, Etiti and environs do engage in a festival known as Iwakwa that is a form of coming of age celebrated this way.

Yea dat is obviously not igbo..
Bciz i hav been trying to figure out or correlate anything they ar doing but i couldnt.
Even the dancing steps are far from being igbo.
Beside in with all the shouts in the background u could hav heard atleast something like bia or chinke or negodu or something similar

Its a pity how seun employed dumb muds to move evry shit post on Fp with confirming.

1 Like

Re: Youths Celebrate Age Grade In Imo With Guns & Sticks (Video) by PenlsCaP: 2:27pm On Dec 01, 2017
cummando:
If I talk some retards go dey speak big grammer onto small yab

This is no bigotry
This is a personal shot,I love the ibos ,

So I won't talk...

I won't talk about why they suddenly look braver brandishing those local firecrackers they call guns

I won't mention why their roads look like its been constantly eroded while their brothers are busy developing other countries with their exquisite culinary skills in dangerous pharmaceuticals.

I won't mention why they suddenly get annoyed by the tag "poto poto" when someone is so proud of it that he rubs himself in it and dances for the camera as shown below.....

U can talk any rubbish u want.
Buti can tell u anytime and bet on it that those are nit igbo.
The dance steps.. the language snd the culture displayed ar far from being igbo.

1 Like

Re: Youths Celebrate Age Grade In Imo With Guns & Sticks (Video) by joshrare(m): 3:29pm On Dec 01, 2017
cummando:

Nairaland dey pay you? Cos dem no pay me. If dem ban me e no affect my daily hustle. Besides e go save data. Na this mentality we get wey make our leaders dey ride us....let me say the words in bold

POTO POTO...waiting for the ban while I drink my Andre

fella talk am
cummando:

Nairaland dey pay you? Cos dem no pay me. If dem ban me e no affect my daily hustle. Besides e go save data. Na this mentality we get wey make our leaders dey ride us....let me say the words in bold

fella talk am
cummando:

fella talk am
Re: Youths Celebrate Age Grade In Imo With Guns & Sticks (Video) by sundayyy: 4:10pm On Dec 01, 2017
Re: Youths Celebrate Age Grade In Imo With Guns & Sticks (Video) by Kfed4ril(m): 4:11pm On Dec 01, 2017
schoolprof:
I just watched the video, i wonder when true civilization will take place amongs the Igbos

You are so pathetic, when your people do it you call it culture, but when we(Igbo) do it you call it uncivilized.
Re: Youths Celebrate Age Grade In Imo With Guns & Sticks (Video) by AuroraB(f): 5:02pm On Dec 01, 2017
sundayyy:
See how Igbo boys and girls carry LIVE guns to celebrate Age Grade in Imo state[b/]

Every year there is what is called Age Grade which is a festival in eastern states of Nigeria. This festival is a time in one's life where you called yourself a man thereby identifying with your age mates in the village. Below video displays young girls and boys with live gun celebrating the festival......

[b]watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0lawx8Aj0k&feature=youtu.be
Are you okay at all? You must be from Anambra State and ashamed of your age grade whatever for you to claim this to be Imo State!
That's Igwe Martin Eze, a traditional ruler in Igbo-Ukwu that just passed on earlier this month. Or, are you stupid angry
This is not done in my hometown this noisy and uncordinated way. I very much doubt it's done at all anymore. Take note!
Re: Youths Celebrate Age Grade In Imo With Guns & Sticks (Video) by scholes0(m): 6:54pm On Dec 01, 2017
PenlsCaP:

Yea dat is obviously not igbo..
Bciz i hav been trying to figure out or correlate anything they ar doing but i couldnt.
Even the dancing steps are far from being igbo.
Beside in with all the shouts in the background u could hav heard atleast something like bia or chinke or negodu or something similar

Its a pity how seun employed dumb muds to move evry shit post on Fp with confirming.

They are Igbo
Haba. Can’t you see their Igwe coming out towards the end in full regalia to grace the occasion? grin
Re: Youths Celebrate Age Grade In Imo With Guns & Sticks (Video) by PenlsCaP: 7:03pm On Dec 01, 2017
scholes0:

They are Igbo
Haba. Can’t you see their Igwe coming out towards the end in full regalia? grin

How is that an igwe.?
Travel out and educate urself by seeing different places and cultures una no gree... thats why u people easly bliv any poo posted online.
Bcoz u dnt travel out to see things urself. grin.

Go to facebook and read comments, anybody who makes comments against yorubas AUTOMATICALLY becomz igbo to the yorubas.
Despite his non igbo name clearly written there.
Thats what traveling out and knowing people can teach u. cool
Its quiet embarassing tho.

As i am now there is no Yoruba or hausa name that amd their dressing that i cant recognize.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Youths Celebrate Age Grade In Imo With Guns & Sticks (Video) by scholes0(m): 7:13pm On Dec 01, 2017
PenlsCaP:

How is that an igwe.?
Travel out and educate urself by seeing different places and cultures una no gree... thats why u people easly bliv any poo posted online.
Bcoz u dnt travel out to see things urself. grin.

Go to facebook and read comments, anybody who makes comments against yorubas AUTOMATICALLY becomz igbo to the yorubas.
Despite his non igbo name clearly written there.
Thats what traveling out and knowing people can teach u. cool
Its quiet embarassing tho.

As i am now there is no Yoruba or hausa name that amd their dressing that i cant recognize.

Ok sure if he isn’t an igwe what is he then?
Re: Youths Celebrate Age Grade In Imo With Guns & Sticks (Video) by PenlsCaP: 7:21pm On Dec 01, 2017
scholes0:

Ok sure if he isn’t an igwe what is he then?

I just told u those people are not igbo.
Might be one of those s/s tribes.

U cant see such heavy crowd of gathering in igbo land without hearing random igbo Languages in the background...but i couldnt understand any.
Even the culture is strange to me i coulnt place finger on anyhting they were doing

1 Like

Re: Youths Celebrate Age Grade In Imo With Guns & Sticks (Video) by meezynetwork(m): 8:22pm On Dec 01, 2017
SalamRushdie:

How many roads in Nigeria are tarred ? I can bet that you live on an untarred street
Pls talk for urslf. In as much as many roads are untarred but mine is tarred.
Re: Youths Celebrate Age Grade In Imo With Guns & Sticks (Video) by lionfight: 7:53am On Dec 02, 2017
Funny video. Just laughing and i cannot stop laughing. In this modern age yound people would still engaged in such activities....
Re: Youths Celebrate Age Grade In Imo With Guns & Sticks (Video) by sundayyy: 12:50pm On Dec 02, 2017
Re: Youths Celebrate Age Grade In Imo With Guns & Sticks (Video) by angelday: 12:58am On Dec 06, 2017
This video nawa o
Re: Youths Celebrate Age Grade In Imo With Guns & Sticks (Video) by sundayyy: 10:04am On Jan 05, 2018
The Igbos love tradition more than other tribes in Nigeria
Re: Youths Celebrate Age Grade In Imo With Guns & Sticks (Video) by angelday: 6:03pm On Jan 09, 2018
When python dance walker come ur land we no see u people oooo, fake guns
Re: Youths Celebrate Age Grade In Imo With Guns & Sticks (Video) by agathan: 10:05am On Jan 12, 2018
Lol
Re: Youths Celebrate Age Grade In Imo With Guns & Sticks (Video) by sundayyy: 5:07pm On Apr 28, 2018

Re: Youths Celebrate Age Grade In Imo With Guns & Sticks (Video) by sundayyy: 2:58am On May 01, 2018
Re: Youths Celebrate Age Grade In Imo With Guns & Sticks (Video) by sundayyy: 7:04pm On May 02, 2018
Re: Youths Celebrate Age Grade In Imo With Guns & Sticks (Video) by nijiko: 5:44pm On May 03, 2018
sundayyy:
See how Igbo boys and girls carry LIVE guns to celebrate Age Grade in Imo state[b/]

Every year there is what is called Age Grade which is a festival in eastern states of Nigeria. This festival is a time in one's life where you called yourself a man thereby identifying with your age mates in the village. Below video displays young girls and boys with live gun celebrating the festival......

[b]watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0lawx8Aj0k&feature=youtu.be

Nnadi Kalu people in action. After watching this Ojukwu video, i just wonder which way the igbo can get civilize in this modern world. cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Youths Celebrate Age Grade In Imo With Guns & Sticks (Video) by sundayyy: 8:47am On May 05, 2018
Re: Youths Celebrate Age Grade In Imo With Guns & Sticks (Video) by sundayyy: 4:55pm On May 06, 2018
Re: Youths Celebrate Age Grade In Imo With Guns & Sticks (Video) by sundayyy: 6:25pm On May 12, 2018
Re: Youths Celebrate Age Grade In Imo With Guns & Sticks (Video) by sundayyy: 1:27pm On May 13, 2018
w

(1) (2) (Reply)

Proudly Bini Names And Meaning / Owa Of Igbajo, Olufemi Fashade Is Dead / Funny But True To Life Superstitions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.