Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,720 members, 7,802,173 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:25 AM

Police Disrupt Vigil Service In Ghana, Arrest Pastor Over Noise (Photos) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Police Disrupt Vigil Service In Ghana, Arrest Pastor Over Noise (Photos) (15357 Views)

NOUN Students Demand Apology From Dunamis Pastor Over Dehumanization Of Graduate / Bridal Train Sent Out By A Pastor Over Indecent Dressing During Wedding In Edo / Rwanda Shuts Down 714 Churches Over Noise Pollution, Safety Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Disrupt Vigil Service In Ghana, Arrest Pastor Over Noise (Photos) by activistjohnny(m): 1:50am On Dec 01, 2017
Police officer disrupted the watch night service of the House of Bethel Ministry located at Anwomaso-High Tension, a suburb of Kumasi and arrested the Head pastor, Reverend Kwame Takyi for excessive noise in the wee hours of last Saturday morning.

The Ashanti Regional Minister, Simon Mr Osei Mensah reportedly stormed the church at about 12:30 am, with armed Police officers, and ordered members of the church to halt an ongoing Watch Night Service because of their excessive noise making.

The incident led to the arrest of Reverend Kwame Takyi, who was granted bail later around 8:00 am, according to Citi News.

Justifying the arrest, Mr Osei Mensah, said in an interview with Citi News that bringing in the police to halt the situation was his last resort after the church, ignored his previous warnings and appeared to have increased the noise levels in an apparent act of defiance.

"Several times [about the noise levels]. Yesterday [Friday], around midnight, they were making a lot of noise. I entered the church and I told them the level of the noise was too high.”

He said the congregants numbering about 30 could not understand the reason why he was complaining about the noise which was disrupting his sleep.

“The moment after I warned them and left, it [the noise] became even worse. Maybe I annoyed them so they rather increased the volume and I had no other option but to report them to the police,” Mr Osei Mensah stated.

However, the Secretary of the House of Bethel Ministry, Stephen Osei is disputing the claims of the regional Minister claiming he has been aware of their programme which is held on last Friday of every month.

"At a point, the police felt the noise that was going on wasn’t something that could disrupt the place because it is a programme we do every last Friday of the month. He [the Regional Minister] has always been here with us and this time, we felt surprised this thing was going on.” he explained.

“Normally what we do is that, by 1:30 AM, we leave the microphone to the pastor to preach, and by then, we mute we everything in the room. People are not allowed to sing in the room,” he added.

source:http://www.pressnewsng.com.ng/2017/11/armed-police-officer-disrupt-vigil.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Disrupt Vigil Service In Ghana, Arrest Pastor Over Noise (Photos) by boss01: 1:57am On Dec 01, 2017
wahala
Re: Police Disrupt Vigil Service In Ghana, Arrest Pastor Over Noise (Photos) by yarimo(m): 2:03am On Dec 01, 2017
grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Police Disrupt Vigil Service In Ghana, Arrest Pastor Over Noise (Photos) by MasterKim: 2:10am On Dec 01, 2017
True na.
All dz churches and mosques sabi annoy pesin wit dere noise. Especially dz ori oke pipul. Na everyday be dere vigil including Sunday and Monday

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Disrupt Vigil Service In Ghana, Arrest Pastor Over Noise (Photos) by princeade86(m): 3:01am On Dec 01, 2017
not here in Nigeria. noise everywhere

3 Likes

Re: Police Disrupt Vigil Service In Ghana, Arrest Pastor Over Noise (Photos) by activistjohnny(m): 3:25am On Dec 01, 2017
cc lalasticlala
Re: Police Disrupt Vigil Service In Ghana, Arrest Pastor Over Noise (Photos) by morbeta(m): 3:39am On Dec 01, 2017
Proactive community policing.

4 Likes

Re: Police Disrupt Vigil Service In Ghana, Arrest Pastor Over Noise (Photos) by Me77: 4:33am On Dec 01, 2017
“The moment after I warned them and left, it [the noise] became even worse. Maybe I annoyed them so they rather increased the volume and I had no other option but to report them to the police,” Mr Osei Mensah stated.
Mr. Osei you did the right thing and very commendable. Someone can confused a church congregation to a disco theatre this days.
They keep disturbing the whole neighbourhood and dare not to speak or complain, because they will quickly tagged you as a devil agent trying to disrupt their party.
The question is did Jesus christ use all these amplifiers during sermon? And disco dance?

58 Likes

Re: Police Disrupt Vigil Service In Ghana, Arrest Pastor Over Noise (Photos) by Khd95(m): 5:00am On Dec 01, 2017
For my street alone almost seven churches dey operate...one building even have two churches on the first and second floor....so u can imagine the kind of noise pollution man pikin dey suffer

Ghana police una do well..not like ur counterparts here sad

16 Likes

Re: Police Disrupt Vigil Service In Ghana, Arrest Pastor Over Noise (Photos) by Bukolar1(f): 5:39am On Dec 01, 2017
quite unfortunate those who teach about loving your neighbour as yourself don't follow the scripture. vigils can still hold without too much of noise that'll disturb the sleep of their neighbours resting after a long day at work.

10 Likes

Re: Police Disrupt Vigil Service In Ghana, Arrest Pastor Over Noise (Photos) by agwom(m): 5:49am On Dec 01, 2017
Re: Police Disrupt Vigil Service In Ghana, Arrest Pastor Over Noise (Photos) by Blissbeatz(m): 11:07am On Dec 01, 2017
Am in support of d police.... While would dey disturb d peace of oda people at night...
Re: Police Disrupt Vigil Service In Ghana, Arrest Pastor Over Noise (Photos) by Hades2016(m): 11:07am On Dec 01, 2017
Africa is a funny continent

2 Likes

Re: Police Disrupt Vigil Service In Ghana, Arrest Pastor Over Noise (Photos) by Afonjanightmare(m): 11:07am On Dec 01, 2017
This should be implemented ASAP in Nigeria, these useless pastors and Imams think they own the world, they would put their speakers outside the church and start making noise, they don't even care if there are people suffering from insomnia, depression, cancer, malaria etc within their vicinity, there are 11 churches in my street of less than 100 meters and I'm always scared of going home on Friday

19 Likes

Re: Police Disrupt Vigil Service In Ghana, Arrest Pastor Over Noise (Photos) by 1nigeriamyfoot: 11:07am On Dec 01, 2017
I so much dislike noise pollution. Its unnecessary to use microphone for night vigils or beat drums heavily, night is meant for sleep. if you are going to observe night vigil, do it in such a way that will not disturb others.

3 Likes

Re: Police Disrupt Vigil Service In Ghana, Arrest Pastor Over Noise (Photos) by SportBlogger(m): 11:07am On Dec 01, 2017
Chai pastor? I will keep you

Re: Police Disrupt Vigil Service In Ghana, Arrest Pastor Over Noise (Photos) by kidman96(m): 11:07am On Dec 01, 2017
Very good. These pastors always think they are above the law....

Especially those ones preaching I university campuses with their noisy mega phones

3 Likes

Re: Police Disrupt Vigil Service In Ghana, Arrest Pastor Over Noise (Photos) by UrWorstNightmare: 11:08am On Dec 01, 2017
bhhh
Re: Police Disrupt Vigil Service In Ghana, Arrest Pastor Over Noise (Photos) by Lomprico2: 11:08am On Dec 01, 2017
Churches shld not be situated in residential areas but in naija everything is jagajaga!

3 Likes

Re: Police Disrupt Vigil Service In Ghana, Arrest Pastor Over Noise (Photos) by Willgates(m): 11:08am On Dec 01, 2017
I don't respect churches who disturb their neighborhood with careless abandon. You don't care about how your neighbor feels is plain callous. Doesn't speak well if your church. That's how a church sharing the same block with me uses an amplifier that's so loud that it sometimes causes the walls of the house to vibrate. This is a small church with less than fifteen members. There's absolutely no need for a microphone. But they use it anyway not even minding the fact that it's a students Lodge. This crack down should also begin in Nigeria. Noise is one of the reasons the rate of insanity is on an all time high in this country

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Disrupt Vigil Service In Ghana, Arrest Pastor Over Noise (Photos) by Tastemoney(m): 11:08am On Dec 01, 2017
I can relate to the noise undecided
Re: Police Disrupt Vigil Service In Ghana, Arrest Pastor Over Noise (Photos) by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 01, 2017
The C and S church that is directly opposite my house always hold vigils every friday, they never miss.

Imagine the hell i live thru every friday.

1 Like

Re: Police Disrupt Vigil Service In Ghana, Arrest Pastor Over Noise (Photos) by charain: 11:08am On Dec 01, 2017
Organized society
Re: Police Disrupt Vigil Service In Ghana, Arrest Pastor Over Noise (Photos) by henrydadon(m): 11:08am On Dec 01, 2017
why the hell would you be making noise in the dead of the night when everyone are trying to sleep..later you wonder why we have new atheist everyday..

1 Like

Re: Police Disrupt Vigil Service In Ghana, Arrest Pastor Over Noise (Photos) by Blackops(m): 11:08am On Dec 01, 2017
Iyanu ma sele ....

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Police Disrupt Vigil Service In Ghana, Arrest Pastor Over Noise (Photos) by Dutchey(m): 11:08am On Dec 01, 2017
lolz
Re: Police Disrupt Vigil Service In Ghana, Arrest Pastor Over Noise (Photos) by qreem231(m): 11:09am On Dec 01, 2017
Churches and mosques shouldn't be situated in residential areas, imagine working hard all day only for some religious psychopaths to disturb ur sleep. Nigerian government really need to look into this.

5 Likes

Re: Police Disrupt Vigil Service In Ghana, Arrest Pastor Over Noise (Photos) by Dutchey(m): 11:10am On Dec 01, 2017
Lomprico2:
Churches shld not be situated in residential areas but in naija everything is jagajaga!
pls o where should they nw be situated?? useless talk

1 Like

Re: Police Disrupt Vigil Service In Ghana, Arrest Pastor Over Noise (Photos) by charain: 11:10am On Dec 01, 2017
IamMissMarvel:
The C and S church that is directly opposite my house always hold vigils every friday, they never miss.

Imagine the hell i live thru every friday.

You can relocate or report them if you reside in lagos.
Re: Police Disrupt Vigil Service In Ghana, Arrest Pastor Over Noise (Photos) by Afonjanightmare(m): 11:11am On Dec 01, 2017
Bukolar1:
quite unfortunate those who teach about loving your neighbour as yourself don't follow the scripture. vigils can still hold without too much of noise that'll disturb the sleep of their neighbours resting after a long day at work.
I've been praying for our Senate to implement a noise bill on churches and mosques, most of them are nuisances

1 Like

Re: Police Disrupt Vigil Service In Ghana, Arrest Pastor Over Noise (Photos) by Built2last: 11:11am On Dec 01, 2017
There is a mosque on my street that I wonder what to do to them every 5am.

There are mosques everywhere in England. You never know when they call for prayers. Same in Turkey.

Here I can't sleep because someone is about to pray

3 Likes

Re: Police Disrupt Vigil Service In Ghana, Arrest Pastor Over Noise (Photos) by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 01, 2017
charain:

You can relocate or report them if you reside in lagos.

I live in Abuja o.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" / Aftermath Of Covid-19: Why Are Some Church Workers No Longer Dedicated? / Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.