Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

Wizkid VS Davido: The Blessings Of Their Beef - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid VS Davido: The Blessings Of Their Beef (1334 Views)

Wizkid Vs. Michael Jackson: Who Wore It Better??? / Wizkid Vs Davido Dubai Fight: "Wizkid Was Slapped, Sunday Are & Tekno Caused It" / Wizkid Vs Davido: Shirt Blends With The Backdrop - Who Rocked The Look Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wizkid VS Davido: The Blessings Of Their Beef by pressplay411(m): 7:35am On Dec 01, 2017
It's been a great year for Nigeria musically. From major international collaborations to ground breaking management deals and recently unprecedented award recognitions. Two of our greatest exports Wizkid and Davido are without a doubt flying the green flag across borders and making international brands want a taste of Nigeria.

MOBO awards is a stamp to the fact with Wizkid out shining Jay Z, Drake, Kendrock among other big acts to pick up Best International Act. Davido recording the first stage performance by an African act. It was indeed a night that would keep reverberating for years to come.

One thing strikes the attention in all these. The long standing beef between these two has been a driving force spurring their competitive spirits to outdo, outsing, outpreform and outclass each other.
It propelled them to dominate the Nigerian music scene. It propelled them to take over Africa and now it has propelled them into the International markets. Even though fans want them to squash their beef, support each other and even give us a monster collabo, the efficacy of their beef cannot be denied.
Who knows, Perhaps, it might even win them a Grammy some day.

"Enemies are so stimulating." - Katherine Hepburn

1 Like

Re: Wizkid VS Davido: The Blessings Of Their Beef by TonyCizzy(m): 7:44am On Dec 01, 2017
FTC
THERE IS ALWAYS A MOTIVATION FROM HATERS WHEN YOU SEE LIFE FROM THE POSITIVE SIDE.
MAY OUR RIVALS ALWAYS INSPIRE US

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wizkid VS Davido: The Blessings Of Their Beef by pressplay411(m): 7:50am On Dec 01, 2017
TonyCizzy:
FTC
THERE IS ALWAYS A MOTIVATION FROM HATERS WHEN YOU SEE LIFE FROM THE POSITIVE SIDE.
MAY OUR RIVALS ALWAYS INSPIRE US

Fact.

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid VS Davido: The Blessings Of Their Beef by Kingblingz(m): 7:52am On Dec 01, 2017
It doesn't change the fact that one went there to perform for the other,while he won the biggest award of the night!! Take it or live it,if Wiz had not won anything that night I swear Nigeria no go let am stay.. U won MTV Ema and u think that's where life ends? God no dey sleep

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid VS Davido: The Blessings Of Their Beef by internationalman(m): 8:21am On Dec 01, 2017
Kingblingz:
It doesn't change the fact that one went there to perform for the other,while he won the biggest award of the night!! Take it or live it,if Wiz had not won anything that night I swear Nigeria no go let am stay.. U won MTV Ema and u think that's where life ends? God no dey sleep
It's equally a prestige to b d first African performer at an awards ceremony as it is to win an award proper.

This thread is about praising the both of their efforts but u are about to derail it with ur stupid fan sentiment.
Re: Wizkid VS Davido: The Blessings Of Their Beef by Ancientboy(m): 8:25am On Dec 01, 2017
internationalman:

It's equally a prestige to b d first African performer at an awards ceremony as it is to win an award proper.

This thread is about praising the both of their efforts but u are about to derail it with ur stupid fan sentiment.
Mr eazi also performed,a boy to Wizkid, stage is for boys, award is for the big fishes

1 Like

Re: Wizkid VS Davido: The Blessings Of Their Beef by internationalman(m): 8:40am On Dec 01, 2017
Ancientboy:
Mr eazi also performed,a boy to Wizkid, stage is for boys, award is for the big fishes
And why hasn't any Nigerian performed at d grammies if stage is for boys.

Check d history of any award ceremony; the performers of the ceremony go down in history just like the award winners.

Was is not a performance in Royal Albert Hall hall by Wizkid that you fans celebrated like he won an actual award?

Unless you are as sentimental as Ballon d'or voters are, how come a performance by Davido, the first of its kind, is now meaningless in your eyes?

1 Like

Re: Wizkid VS Davido: The Blessings Of Their Beef by Kingblingz(m): 8:50am On Dec 01, 2017
internationalman:

You started right n ended Fool!shly, but nevertheless I have said my mind come n do ur worst
Re: Wizkid VS Davido: The Blessings Of Their Beef by peacesamuel94(m): 9:29am On Dec 01, 2017
Kingblingz:

Yea, one actually deserved his, at least we can pin point the song that got him the award , no other artist in his category produced a song that could beat it, so his winning best African act, is quite understandable.

But for the other, how he got to win his, is quite mysterious, there's no tangible song to point to, even "come closer" is not big enough a song to compare to those produced by Drake and Jay Z, whose songs on YouTube record hundreds of millions in views, unlike come closer with even lesser views than IF.

So the question is how did he win? did he merit it? on what basis is the best "international act" selected, is Wizkid an artist with a greater international impact than Drake and JAYZ.

I guess you know the answer to the above questions, you don't need an above average IQ to know that his win was based on sentiment, not merit. peace#

Note: I'm a Fan of neither, just trying to be Objective.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid VS Davido: The Blessings Of Their Beef by pressplay411(m): 8:47pm On Dec 01, 2017
Kingblingz:

You're clearly a Davido fan. They both doing well for themselves bro.
Re: Wizkid VS Davido: The Blessings Of Their Beef by pressplay411(m): 8:48pm On Dec 01, 2017
internationalman:

Exactly. Both doing 9ja proud.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid VS Davido: The Blessings Of Their Beef by pressplay411(m): 8:48pm On Dec 01, 2017
Ancientboy:

Seriously?? Lmao
Re: Wizkid VS Davido: The Blessings Of Their Beef by pressplay411(m): 8:55pm On Dec 01, 2017
peacesamuel94:

Yea, one actually deserved his, at least we can pin point the song that got him the award , no other artist in his category produced a song that could beat it, so his winning best African act, is quite understandable.

But for the other, how he got to win his, is quite mysterious, there's no tangible song to point to, even "come closer" is not big enough a song to compare to those produced by Drake and Jay Z, whose songs on YouTube record hundreds of millions in views, unlike come closer with even lesser views than IF.

So the question is how did he win? did he merit it? on what basis is the best "international act" selected, is Wizkid an artist with a greater international impact than Drake and JAYZ.

I guess you know the answer to the above questions, you don't need above average IQ to know that his win was based on sentiment, not merit. peace#

Note: I'm a Fan of neither, just trying to be Objective.

It's pretty obvious Wizkid's sound is influencing international music. Kinda like what Eazi did to Nigerian sound this year.
We're not feeling his impact like they are over there. From One Dance to Come Closer among other big features. Even Joe Budden had to call out American artists biting Wizkid s sound without giving him his due credit.
Yrs Davido dominates Africa, but Wizkid penetrated international markets better.
Re: Wizkid VS Davido: The Blessings Of Their Beef by peacesamuel94(m): 3:24am On Dec 02, 2017
pressplay411:

It's pretty obvious Wizkid's sound is influencing international music. Kinda like what Eazi did to Nigerian sound this year.
We're not feeling his impact like they are over there. From One Dance to Come Closer among other big features. Even Joe Budden had to call out American artists biting Wizkid s sound without giving him his due credit.
Yrs Davido dominates Africa, but Wizkid penetrated international markets better.

One dance was not done by wizkid, though he was featured his impact In the song wasn't felt either.

Wizkid dominates the international market? how if I may ask? how many of his songs have topped the billboard hot 100s, how many gramys has he won? Nigerians are the ones that regard him as international, but in reality You can't even compare him to Dej Loof, in the international scene.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid VS Davido: The Blessings Of Their Beef by pressplay411(m): 6:51am On Dec 02, 2017
peacesamuel94:

One dance was not done by wizkid, though he was featured his impact In the song wasn't felt either.

Wizkid dominates the international market? how if I may ask? how many of his songs have topped the billboard hot 100s, how many gramys has he won? Nigerians are the ones that regard him as international, but in reality You can't even compare him to Dej Loof, in the international scene.

Ddn't say he dominated, I said he penetrated.
If you have friends abroad esp US, ask them.
But wait, this ur beef with Wiz is becoming personal, he snatch ur bae??
Re: Wizkid VS Davido: The Blessings Of Their Beef by peacesamuel94(m): 6:52am On Dec 02, 2017
pressplay411:

I didn't say he dominated, I said he penetrated.
If you have friends abroad esp US, ask them.
But wait, this ur beef with Wiz is becoming personal, he snatch bae??

Why would you think I have a beef with him?

Stating ones opinion without mixing it up with sentiments shouldn't be seen as taking it personal or "beefing".

I think he's a great musician, but I had to correct your statement about him "dominating" ( which you've corrected of course) the "international market".
Re: Wizkid VS Davido: The Blessings Of Their Beef by pressplay411(m): 7:29am On Dec 02, 2017
peacesamuel94:

Why would you think I have a beef with him?

Stating ones opinion without mixing it up with sentiments shouldn't be seen as taking it personal or "beefing".

I think he's a great musician, but I had to correct your statement about him "dominating" ( which you've corrected of course) the "international market".

Point of correction. You only corrected your own misconstrusion. Once again I clearly said he penetrated you saw dominated.

Whether or not you agree, Wiz is hotter internationally even Davido couldn't deny the fact.
He's achieved international acclaim.
About One Dance, while you were hating on him he was busy packing accolades. You clearly missed the part where he got ASCAP award for being the songwriter.
Moral of the story, You can be a Davido fan and still be a Wizkid fan, it's allowed.
Re: Wizkid VS Davido: The Blessings Of Their Beef by peacesamuel94(m): 8:16am On Dec 02, 2017
pressplay411:

Point of correction. You only corrected your own misconstrusion. Once again I clearly said he penetrated you saw dominated.

Whether or not you agree, Wiz is hotter internationally even Davido couldn't deny the fact.
He's achieved international acclaim.
About One Dance, while you were hating on him he was busy packing accolades. You clearly missed the part where he got ASCAP award for being the songwriter.
Moral of the story, You can be a Davido fan and still be a Wizkid fan, it's allowed.

Now that's the problem, with your reply it's easy to guess that you're already implying that I'm Davido's fan, must an opinion that is not in support of wizkid come from a Davido' fan, trust me, these two people and their supporters are not the only people in world.

By the way there's nothing I said that's not true, at least you said he hasn't dominated only penetrated. is that hating?

My post never compared wizkid as a musician to Davido, rather it was asking whether WIZKID TRULY DESERVED THE BEST INTERNATIONAL ACT AWARD COMPARED TO JAY Z, DRAKE, DOES HE HAVE MORE IMPACT IN THE INTERNATIONAL SCENE COMPARED TO THESE TWO?

you're the one bringing wizkid and davido fight here
You know the answer to the above question. it's not rocket science,

And let me be clear with you (again), I'm a fan to neither of them, but I think they're both good musicians.
Re: Wizkid VS Davido: The Blessings Of Their Beef by pressplay411(m): 10:49pm On Dec 25, 2017
peacesamuel94:

Now that's the problem, with your reply it's easy to guess that you're already implying that I'm Davido's fan, must an opinion that is not in support of wizkid come from a Davido' fan, trust me, these two people and their supporters are not the only people in world.

By the way there's nothing I said that's not true, at least you said he hasn't dominated only penetrated. is that hating?

My post never compared wizkid as a musician to Davido, rather it was asking whether WIZKID TRULY DESERVED THE BEST INTERNATIONAL ACT AWARD COMPARED TO JAY Z, DRAKE, DOES HE HAVE MORE IMPACT IN THE INTERNATIONAL SCENE COMPARED TO THESE TWO?

you're the one bringing wizkid and davido fight here
You know the answer to the above question. it's not rocket science,

And let me be clear with you (again), I'm a fan to neither of them, but I think they're both good musicians.

Nice to see they've squashed their beef... For now.

(1) (Reply)

Juliet Ibrahim And Her Boo Iceberg Slim Share A Kiss Again On Live TV (photo) / Meet Lil Kesh Beautiful Mother / BBNaija: Tobi And Cee-c Finally Kiss And Make Up [SEE]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.