Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:33 AM

Which Islamic Name Would You Like To Give Your Children? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Which Islamic Name Would You Like To Give Your Children? (10761 Views)

Prophetic Ways To Protect Your Children From Evils / How To Instill The Spirit Of Performing Solah In Your Children? / Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Islamic Name Would You Like To Give Your Children? by Lukgaf(m): 8:25am On Dec 01, 2017
It is expected of us to give our children good names as a Sunnah of our noble Prophet Muhammad SollaLahu Alae Wosalam, it is even allowed to call or ascribe a name of a child to yourself even if you are still a bachelor/spinster or you're yet to give birth to any.

To this end, it is advisable for one to select from the best names and not from those without meaning. Names like Abdulah, Abdurahmon, Abdraheem, Muhammad, Abdgafar and others are good names you can choose from.

I hope Sissie will not choose Mukina2 or Lukgaf as his child's Islamic name when there are numerous meaningful names are available.

So which will you prefer to give your children? Let's hear from you.
Re: Which Islamic Name Would You Like To Give Your Children? by Lukgaf(m): 8:28am On Dec 01, 2017
I like Aishat, Afsoh, Abdrozaq, Fatimoh, Maryam, Ibrohim, Musa and so on

6 Likes

Re: Which Islamic Name Would You Like To Give Your Children? by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:47am On Dec 01, 2017
It's so pathetic that some Muslims so shopping for ''sweet sounding/uncommon" names. Names like Jamal, hadiza and co.

I once asked a mother what her child's name is and she replied Abdul Jamal...

I think we really need enlightenment.

I like the names Muhammad, Abdullah, Sumaiyah, Nusaybah, Hassan, Hussain, Ubadah, Jaabir,...

3 Likes

Re: Which Islamic Name Would You Like To Give Your Children? by Lukgaf(m): 9:14am On Dec 01, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

I like the names Muhammad, Abdullah, Sumaiyah, Nusaybah, Hassan, Hussain, Ubadah, Jaabir,...

Naam Ustadh. I like those names too

1 Like

Re: Which Islamic Name Would You Like To Give Your Children? by olasaad(f): 9:28am On Dec 01, 2017
Lukgaf:
I like Aishat, Afsoh, Abdrozaq, Fatimoh, Mariam, Ibrohim, Musa and so on

You're on points. Not all the internet name people are giving their kids
Re: Which Islamic Name Would You Like To Give Your Children? by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:40am On Dec 01, 2017
Lukgaf:

Naam Ustadh. I like those names too

We are brothers, I no be Ustadh o. smiley

1 Like

Re: Which Islamic Name Would You Like To Give Your Children? by pinkyruledworld(m): 9:43am On Dec 01, 2017
Taofeeq, Aminat, Rashidat, Khaled

1 Like

Re: Which Islamic Name Would You Like To Give Your Children? by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:45am On Dec 01, 2017
Female- Nadia, Aisha, Simbia, Zaynab

Male- Usman, Barack,
Re: Which Islamic Name Would You Like To Give Your Children? by dimeji877(m): 9:47am On Dec 01, 2017
Aishah, Ibraheem, Haleemah, Hameedah, Hamzah, Uthman
Re: Which Islamic Name Would You Like To Give Your Children? by Rilwayne001: 9:49am On Dec 01, 2017
If Allah wills I want just five kids. 3 males and 2 females. I have a lot of beautiful names at heart but I think these are my best and top 5:

#Makhmud
#Abdul-Rahman
#Khaleed

And the females:

#Mariam
#Qodija

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Islamic Name Would You Like To Give Your Children? by oautycoon(m): 9:51am On Dec 01, 2017
I'm not a Muslim tho.. I prefer Abdulkhalid...,Some Muslim frds call me that

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Islamic Name Would You Like To Give Your Children? by iamgenius(m): 9:51am On Dec 01, 2017
Rilwayne001:
If Allah wills I want just five kids. 3 males and 2 females. I have a lot of beautiful names at heart but I think these are my best and top 5:

#Makhmud
#Abdul-Rahman
#Khaleed

And the females:

#Mariam
#Qodija
Do you mean you want Allah to give you 5 children?
Re: Which Islamic Name Would You Like To Give Your Children? by lanr3y1: 9:52am On Dec 01, 2017
Female: Sarah and Nadia.
Male: Riyan and safian
Re: Which Islamic Name Would You Like To Give Your Children? by iamgenius(m): 9:52am On Dec 01, 2017
UrWorstNightmare:
I'll never give my child(ren) an Islamic name cuz I don't want him/her/ to become a suicide bomber
Dìndìnrìn

27 Likes

Re: Which Islamic Name Would You Like To Give Your Children? by sod09(m): 9:53am On Dec 01, 2017
Samira
Samir
Nasir
Fatimah/zainab

1 Like

Re: Which Islamic Name Would You Like To Give Your Children? by SuccesYear: 9:54am On Dec 01, 2017
Abdameen, Uthman, Umar

Aisha, Moridiyya, Aliyah
Re: Which Islamic Name Would You Like To Give Your Children? by eminikansoso(m): 9:54am On Dec 01, 2017
Male> Tajudeen, Solihu, Yahaya, Bilhaminu
Female> Belau, Medinat, Mutimahinat, Aminat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Islamic Name Would You Like To Give Your Children? by AjibikeAde01(f): 9:58am On Dec 01, 2017
In Sha'Allah Hassan, Hussein, Mutmaynat, Zaitun, Musharaf, Balqiss, Khadijah and Ahmad.

1 Like

Re: Which Islamic Name Would You Like To Give Your Children? by NLProblemChild(m): 9:59am On Dec 01, 2017
Female NABILAT , ARAFAT , MARIAM , AMIRAT/DAT
Male QUDUS , IDRIS, AFEEZ, GAFAR

4 Likes

Re: Which Islamic Name Would You Like To Give Your Children? by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:59am On Dec 01, 2017
Faarooq Aleem Al-Egbaawiy wrote:
Fiqh 101

I saw the name on the internet!

We were honored with the admonition at the 'aqeeqah of one of our brothers recently.

So, it was time to make the newly born girl's name apparent to the public. The name was passed across to me on a sheet of paper while the father stood beside me to pronounce it.

I however ran a quick scan through the Muslim name and the other cultural names.

The Muslim name got me worried. It read: Shakaayah!

I whispered to the brother that: Where did you get the name? He said: Ustaadh! I saw it on the internet! And no meaning was given there? He remained dumbfounded!

Then I informed him that the name has no morphological conjugation in Arabic language and therefore has no meaning!

He quickly whispered (as people waited patiently): Okay Ustaadh! Can we change the name then? What names do you think?

I said: You have at your disposal: 'aaishah, khadeejah, hafsah, aasiyah etc.

He said: Aasiyah is okay in shaa Allaah!

Muslims should be wary of the tribulation of seeking after uncommon and unique names!

Just imagine if it was the common ignorant ones that coordinated the 'aqeeqah? The girl will have been named shakaayah ignorantly!

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

# So, ask the people of knowledge (Scholars) if you indeed know not #

© Faarooq Aleem Al-Egbaawiy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Islamic Name Would You Like To Give Your Children? by UrWorstNightmare: 9:59am On Dec 01, 2017
iamgenius:
Dìndìnrìn
whatever that means

2 Likes

Re: Which Islamic Name Would You Like To Give Your Children? by abbeymighty(m): 10:02am On Dec 01, 2017
Faheemah, Faliha, Fariah, Fauziyah
Boys : Fadlullah, Farouq,

3 Likes

Re: Which Islamic Name Would You Like To Give Your Children? by DecoLand(m): 10:04am On Dec 01, 2017
Hakeem, maleek, khaleed, aisha, mariam, hadiza , aminat

3 Likes

Re: Which Islamic Name Would You Like To Give Your Children? by iamgenius(m): 10:04am On Dec 01, 2017
UrWorstNightmare:

whatever that means
A fool.

1 Like

Re: Which Islamic Name Would You Like To Give Your Children? by iamgenius(m): 10:07am On Dec 01, 2017
Rashduct4luv:
Faarooq Aleem Al-Egbaawiy wrote:
Fiqh 101

I saw the name on the internet!

We were honored with the admonition at the 'aqeeqah of one of our brothers recently.

So, it was time to make the newly born girl's name apparent to the public. The name was passed across to me on a sheet of paper while the father stood beside me to pronounce it.

I however ran a quick scan through the Muslim name and the other cultural names.

The Muslim name got me worried. It read: Shakaayah!

I whispered to the brother that: Where did you get the name? He said: Ustaadh! I saw it on the internet! And no meaning was given there? He remained dumbfounded!

Then I informed him that the name has no morphological conjugation in Arabic language and therefore has no meaning!

He quickly whispered (as people waited patiently): Okay Ustaadh! Can we change the name then? What names do you think?

I said: You have at your disposal: 'aaishah, khadeejah, hafsah, aasiyah etc.

He said: Aasiyah is okay in shaa Allaah!

Muslims should be wary of the tribulation of seeking after uncommon and unique names!

Just imagine if it was the common ignorant ones that coordinated the 'aqeeqah? The girl will have been named shakaayah ignorantly!

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

# So, ask the people of knowledge (Scholars) if you indeed know not #

© Faarooq Aleem Al-Egbaawiy
Shakaayah, that's weird.

1 Like

Re: Which Islamic Name Would You Like To Give Your Children? by carinmom(f): 10:11am On Dec 01, 2017
Rashduct4luv:
It's so pathetic that some Muslims so shopping for ''sweet sounding/uncommon" names. Names like Jamal, hadiza and co.

I once asked a mother what her child's name is and she replied Abdul Jamal...

I think we really need enlightenment.

Hadiza is the corrupted version of Khadija.

2 Likes

Re: Which Islamic Name Would You Like To Give Your Children? by Kingluqman89(m): 10:11am On Dec 01, 2017
Male - Adnan, Muheez, Imran, Muhammad.

Female- Aa'isha, Jameelah, Rihannat.
Re: Which Islamic Name Would You Like To Give Your Children? by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:14am On Dec 01, 2017
oautycoon:
I'm not a Muslim tho.. I prefer Abdulkhalid...,Some Muslim frds call me that

Abdul is added to names of Allah to make it a name of one of His creations.

for example Abdul + Allah = Abdullah

Abdul + Rahman = Abdur-Rahman

But Khalid is not a name of Allah.

Let your friends call you Khaalid and feel free to explain this analysis to them.

Khalid ibn al Walid was one of the companions of our Prophet salallahu alayhi wasalam with profound military tactics & prowess. Infact, one of the finest generals in history. May Allah bless the Sahabahs and show us all his mercy(by seeing Him)!

11 Likes

Re: Which Islamic Name Would You Like To Give Your Children? by iambijo(m): 10:14am On Dec 01, 2017
My children names will be strictly fulani names, it's not only arabic names that have good meaning, my children will bear names like BARKINDO,TUMBA,MACHENGA,BUDA,LAMIDO,BELLO,FODIYE E.T.C

5 Likes

Re: Which Islamic Name Would You Like To Give Your Children? by maasoap(m): 10:14am On Dec 01, 2017
Well, I've named Aminat and Farida. Amaad is in waiting.......
Re: Which Islamic Name Would You Like To Give Your Children? by UrWorstNightmare: 10:16am On Dec 01, 2017
iamgenius:
A fool.
I can see how calling others fool makes you a genius wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Secrets Of Quran 18,Surah Al-Kahf (The Cave) / Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah / What's Your Most Humbling Verse Of The Qur'an.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.