Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,438 members, 7,801,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Maolid - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Maolid (2179 Views)

Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Maolid by dharmie12(m): 12:44pm On Dec 01, 2017
REASONS WHY WE SHOULD CELEBRATE MOULUD.
All Praises is due to Almighty Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala, Peace and Blessings be upon the most perfect of creations, His Beloved Habeeb, Sayyiduna Wa Maulana Rasoolullah Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam his Noble Family and the Illustrious Sahaba Ridwanullahi Ta'ala Alaihim Ajma'een and all the pious servants of Almighty Allah.
In present era we are suffering from some self-aclaimed scholars who imposes verdicts of Shirk and Bid’ah on those who celebrate Moulid an-Nabiy Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam with great enthusiasm and integrity and due to which the simple and straightforward people who are less in knowledge of Qur’an and Hadith get nervous whether they are following the Truth or not.
Here are some ample reason why we should celebrate our beloved Rasulullah Sallallahu alaihi wasallam.
��
ﻗَﺎﻝَ ﻋِﻴﺴَﻰ ﺍﺑْﻦُ ﻣَﺮْﻳَﻢَ ﺍﻟﻠَّﻬُﻢَّ ﺭَﺑَّﻨَﺎ ﺃَﻧﺰِﻝْ ﻋَﻠَﻴْﻨَﺎ ﻣَﺂﺋِﺪَﺓً ﻣِّﻦَ ﺍﻟﺴَّﻤَﺎﺀِ ﺗَﻜُﻮﻥُ ﻟَﻨَﺎ ﻋِﻴﺪﺍً ﻷَﻭَّﻟِﻨَﺎ ﻭَﺁﺧِﺮِﻧَﺎ ﻭَﺁﻳَﺔً ﻣِّﻨﻚَ ﻭَﺍﺭْﺯُﻗْﻨَﺎ ﻭَﺃَﻧﺖَ ﺧَﻴْﺮُ ﺍﻟﺮَّﺍﺯِﻗِﻴﻦَ
Isah the son of Maryam, said, “O Allah, O our Lord! Send down to us a table spread from heaven, so that it may become a day of celebration for us – for our former and latter people - and a sign from You; and give us sustenance - and You are the Best Provider Of Sustenance.”
[Surah Al-Ma’idah, Verse 114]
The day when food is sent from skies is day of rejoicing (EID); then the day when soul of universe Peace be with him was born must be the delight for the day of rejoicing.
Look what Allah has said:
ﻭَﺃَﻣَّﺎ ﺑِﻨِﻌْﻤَﺔِ ﺭَﺑِّﻚَ ﻓَﺤَﺪِّﺙْ
And abundantly proclaim the favours of your Lord. [Surah Al-Duha, Verse 11]

What is the great favors Allah has bestowed on us that is worth celebrating?
Let's see some verses from the Qur'an.
ﻟَﻘَﺪْ ﻣَﻦَّ ﺍﻟﻠﻪُ ﻋَﻠَﻰ ﺍﻟْﻤُﺆﻣِﻨِﻴﻦَ ﺇِﺫْ ﺑَﻌَﺚَ ﻓِﻴﻬِﻢْ ﺭَﺳُﻮﻻً ﻣِّﻦْ ﺃَﻧﻔُﺴِﻬِﻢْ ﻳَﺘْﻠُﻮﺍْ ﻋَﻠَﻴْﻬِﻢْ ﺁﻳَﺎﺗِﻪِ ﻭَﻳُﺰَﻛِّﻴﻬِﻢْ ﻭَﻳُﻌَﻠِّﻤُﻬُﻢُ ﺍﻟْﻜِﺘَﺎﺏَ ﻭَﺍﻟْﺤِﻜْﻤَﺔَ ﻭَﺇِﻥ ﻛَﺎﻧُﻮﺍْ ﻣِﻦ ﻗَﺒْﻞُ ﻟَﻔِﻲ ﺿَﻼﻝٍ ﻣُّﺒِﻴﻦٍ
Allah has indeed bestowed a great favour upon the Muslims, in that He sent to them a Noble Messenger (Prophet Mohammed - peace and blessings be upon him) from among them, who recites to them His verses, and purifies them, and teaches them the Book and wisdom; and before it, they were definitely in open error. [Surah Al-Imran, Verse 164]
ﻳَﺎ ﺃَﻳُّﻬَﺎ ﺍﻟﻨَّﺎﺱُ ﻗَﺪْ ﺟَﺎﺀَﺗْﻜُﻢ ﻣَّﻮْﻋِﻈَﺔٌ ﻣِّﻦ ﺭَّﺑِّﻜُﻢْ ﻭَﺷِﻔَﺎﺀٌ ﻟِّﻤَﺎ ﻓِﻲ ﺍﻟﺼُّﺪُﻭﺭِ ﻭَﻫُﺪًﻯ ﻭَﺭَﺣْﻤَﺔٌ ﻟِّﻠْﻤُﺆْﻣِﻨِﻴﻦَ
۔۔۔ ﻗُﻞْ ﺑِﻔَﻀْﻞِ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭَﺑِﺮَﺣْﻤَﺘِﻪِ ﻓَﺒِﺬَﻟِﻚَ ﻓَﻠْﻴَﻔْﺮَﺣُﻮﺍْ ﻫُﻮَ ﺧَﻴْﺮٌ ﻣِّﻤَّﺎ ﻳَﺠْﻤَﻌُﻮﻥَ
O mankind! The advice has come to you from your Lord and a cure for the hearts - and guidance and mercy for believers. Say, “Upon Allah’s munificence and upon His mercy - upon these should the people rejoice”; that is better than all their wealth and possessions. [Surah Al-Yunus, Verse 57/58]
ﻟَﻘَﺪْ ﺟَﺎﺀَﻛُﻢْ ﺭَﺳُﻮﻝٌ ﻣِّﻦْ ﺃَﻧﻔُﺴِﻜُﻢْ ﻋَﺰِﻳﺰٌ ﻋَﻠَﻴْﻪِ ﻣَﺎ ﻋَﻨِﺘُّﻢْ ﺣَﺮِﻳﺺٌ ﻋَﻠَﻴْﻜُﻢ ﺑِﺎﻟْﻤُﺆْﻣِﻨِﻴﻦَ ﺭَﺅُﻭﻑٌ ﺭَّﺣِﻴﻢٌ
Indeed there has come to you a Noble Messenger from among you - your falling into hardship aggrieves him, most concerned for your well being, for the Muslims most compassionate, most merciful. [Surah Tauba, Verse 128]
And this is what we do, we celebrate; we rejoice; we do spend our money to show gratitude to Allah Almighty on his greatest mercy and Blessing i.e. celebrations of Moulud Nabiy because Qur’an Says:
ﻭَﻣَﺎ ﺃَﺭْﺳَﻠْﻨَﺎﻙَ ﺇِﻻ ﺭَﺣْﻤَﺔً ﻟِّﻠْﻌَﺎﻟَﻤِﻴﻦَ
And We did not send you (O dear Prophet Muhammad "SAW"wink except as a mercy for the entire world. [Surah Al-Anbiya, Verse 107]
Our Beloved Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam himself commemorated about his birth in numerous Ahadith. But I will only present few of them here.
Let us have the opinions of Prophet (Sallallahu alaihi wasallam) who himself celebrated his Birthday.
ﻋَﻦْ ﺃَﺑِﻰ ﻗَﺘَﺎﺩَﺓَ ﺍﻷَﻧْﺼَﺎﺭِﻯِّ ﺭﺿﻰ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻨﻪ ﺃَﻥَّ ﺭَﺳُﻮﻝَ ﺍﻟﻠﻪِ - ﺻﻠﻰ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻠﻴﻪ ﻭﺳﻠﻢ - ﺳُﺌِﻞَ ﻋَﻦْ ﺻَﻮْﻡِ ﺍﻻِﺛْﻨَﻴْﻦِ ﻓَﻘَﺎﻝَ ‏« ﻓِﻴﻪِ ﻭُﻟِﺪْﺕُ ﻭَﻓِﻴﻪِ ﺃُﻧْﺰِﻝَ ﻋَﻠَﻰَّ
Abi Qatada (Radiyallahu anhu) reported that Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu alaihi wasallam) was asked about fasting on Monday, whereupon he said: It is (the day) when I was born and revelation was sent down to me.
Ref. Sahih Muslim, Book on Fasting, Page 323, Hadith 2807
When beloved Prophet (Sallallahu alaihi wasallam) is celebrating his birthday not yearly but every Monday then how it can be labeled as Shirk or Bid’ah?
ﻛﻨﺖ ﻧﻮﺭﺍ ﺑﻴﻦ ﻳﺪﻯ ﺭﺑﻰ ﻗﺒﻞ ﺧﻠﻖ ﺁﺩﻡ ﺑﺎﺭﺑﻌﺔ ﻋﺸﺮ ﺃﻟﻒ ﻋﺎﻡ
“I was a Noor (Light) between the hand of my creator 14000 years before the creation of Adam (Alaihis Salaam)"
Reference:
5. Tafseer Ruhul Bayan, Page 370, Vol. 2
With the above hadith, I said some time ago on my FB wall that without the birth of prophet there is no Islam.
ﻟَﻤَّﺎ ﻣَﺎﺕَ ﺃَﺑُﻮ ﻟَﻬَﺐ ﺭَﺃَﻳْﺘﻪ ﻓِﻲ ﻣَﻨَﺎﻣِﻲ ﺑَﻌْﺪ ﺣَﻮْﻝ ﻓِﻲ ﺷَﺮّ ﺣَﺎﻝ ﻓَﻘَﺎﻝَ : ﻣَﺎ ﻟَﻘِﻴﺖ ﺑَﻌْﺪﻛُﻢْ ﺭَﺍﺣَﺔ ، ﺇِﻟَّﺎ ﺃَﻥَّ ﺍﻟْﻌَﺬَﺍﺏ ﻳُﺨَﻔَّﻒ ﻋَﻨِّﻲ ﻛُﻞّ ﻳَﻮْﻡ ﺍِﺛْﻨَﻴْﻦِ ، ﻗَﺎﻝَ : ﻭَﺫَﻟِﻚَ ﺃَﻥَّ ﺍﻟﻨَّﺒِﻲّ ﺻَﻠَّﻰ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋَﻠَﻴْﻪِ ﻭَﺳَﻠَّﻢَ ﻭُﻟِﺪَ ﻳَﻮْﻡ ﺍﻟِﺎﺛْﻨَﻴْﻦِ ، ﻭَﻛَﺎﻧَﺖْ ﺛُﻮَﻳْﺒَﺔ ﺑَﺸَّﺮَﺕْ ﺃَﺑَﺎ ﻟَﻬَﺐ ﺑِﻤَﻮْﻟِﺪِﻩِ ﻓَﺄَﻋْﺘَﻘَﻬَﺎ
After his death, people of Abu Lahab's household saw him in a dream, and asked him how he had fared. To this, Abu Lahab said that after departing from them he did not meet with any good but was being given water every Monday from the finger with which he had indicated the emancipation of Suwaibah, and this water lessened his torment.
References:
1. Sahih Bukhari, Vol. 1, Page 153, Hadith No 5101, Kitubun Nikaah
2. Fathul Baari Sharhi Sahih al-Bukhari, Vol. 9, Page 118 by Imam Ibn Hajr Asqalani.
5. Umdat al-Qari Sharhi Sahih al-Bukhari by Badruddin Aini, Vol. 2, Page 95.
The reason I cited different source on this hadith is that, the Wahabi/Salafis blatantly denounced the hadith saying its weak hadith. Due to their hatred and low knowledge on hadith.
The event, which Imaam Qastalaani has referred to, is this. When a maid of Abu Lahab named Suwaibah informed him of a son being born to his brother Abdullah (may Allah be pleased with him), he (Abu Lahab) was so delighted at herring this that he pointed his finger to her in a manner which signified her emancipation for carrying the good news to him But when the holy Prophet (SallAllahu Alaihi wa Sallam) declared his Prophet hood, he (Abu Lahab) did not accept him as a Prophet but became a most severe enemy to him and remained so all his life. In condemnation of him a whole Surah of the Holy Qur’an descended, but just a moment of happiness on the birth of Rasulullah sallallahu alaihi wasallam he was emancipated every Monday.
May we be sacrificed at this Merriment Of blessed month of Rabul Awwal!!
AMEEN
Your joys has surpass thousands of 'Eids; All people in the world are rejoicing, except Shaytan.
Re: Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Maolid by wolesmile(m): 9:00am On Dec 02, 2017
Allahumo soli alaa Seyyidina Muhammad, al-fa'tihi lima' ughlika, wal'kha'timi lima' sobbaka. Na'siril haqq, bil haqq, wal a'diyy i'la sira'tikalmustekeem. Wa alaa aalihi, haqo qodriyy, wa miqdariy-l-azeem. (AMEEN)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Maolid by Nobody: 11:06pm On Dec 02, 2017
Brother.. Is this all you have got?
Re: Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Maolid by dragnet: 8:01am On Dec 03, 2017
rubbish
Re: Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Maolid by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 03, 2017
dragnet:
rubbish
He is just misleading the Muslim ummah
Re: Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Maolid by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:43pm On Dec 03, 2017
MAOLUD PROMO WIN AWARD!

One of our Sincere Brother wants us to repeat his Yearly Eight Million Questions. For every correct Answer will give you ONE MILLION. The questions goes thus:
(1) Which Year did our beloved Prophet Muhammad (SAW) first Celebrate his Birthday?
(2) Which Mosque Was Used For The Celebration?
(3) Who Delivered Lecture And on what Topic?
(4) Who Designed The Cake for the celebration?
(5) Which Year and Venue did Caliph Abu Bakr Siddiq celebrate the prophet's MAULD NABIYY?
(6) How many MAWLUD NABIYY did Umar celebrate during his caliphate?
(7) Which Year and Venue did Uthman and Ali did their Mawlud Nabiyy?
( Where in the Holy Qur'an has ALLAH prescribed Mawlud Nabiyy?
I hope lucky winners will emerge this Year.
HURRY THIS IS AN OPPORTUNITY TO BECOME A MILLIONAIRE.
However, The answers must come with Evidence in Qur'an and or Hadith Or Pious Predecessors.
Pls don't comment if you've got no evidence-based answers.
Re: Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Maolid by Nobody: 9:41pm On Dec 03, 2017
What's all this naw
Re: Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Maolid by dharmie12(m): 11:59pm On Dec 03, 2017
Gucciqueen38:
Brother.. Is this all you have got?
what more do you want
Re: Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Maolid by dharmie12(m): 1:22pm On Dec 04, 2017
[quote author=Rashduct4luv post=62951240]MAOLUD PROMO WIN AWARD!

One of our Sincere Brother wants us to repeat his Yearly Eight Million Questions. For every correct Answer will give you ONE MILLION. The questions goes thus:
(1) Which Year did our beloved Prophet Muhammad (SAW) first Celebrate his Birthday?
(2) Which Mosque Was Used For The Celebration?
(3) Who Delivered Lecture And on what Topic?
(4) Who Designed The Cake for the celebration?
(5) Which Year and Venue did Caliph Abu Bakr Siddiq celebrate the prophet's MAULD NABIYY?
(6) How many MAWLUD NABIYY did Umar celebrate during his caliphate?
(7) Which Year and Venue did Uthman and Ali did their Mawlud Nabiyy?
( Where in the Holy Qur'an has ALLAH prescribed Mawlud Nabiyy?
I hope lucky winners will emerge this Year.
HURRY THIS IS AN OPPORTUNITY TO BECOME A MILLIONAIRE.
However, The answers must come with Evidence in Qur'an and or Hadith Or Pious Predecessors.
Pls don't comment if you've got no evidence-based answers.(quote) "Common sense?"

If prophet Adam's (AS) creation is worth celebrating (Jum'at prayer) even though he didn't celebrated it.

If prophet ibrahim (AS) and prophet isma'eel (AS) mercy and freedom granted to them by Allah (SWT) worth celebration (eidl kabeer)

If the birth of prophet Isma'eel (AS) worth celebration (Saffa and Marwa).

If the perishing of firaun and salvage of prophet musa (AS) is worth celebration (Ashura and Tashura) despite the fact that non of them celebrated it all.

Then what will stop the celebration of the physical emergence of the leader of all of them, I mean prophet Muhammad (SAW)? Even if you think he didn't celebrated it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Maolid by Nobody: 7:27am On Dec 05, 2017
I was banned by anti spam bot, but it won't stop me from saying the truth... You are deceiving pple with this post... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Maolid by Rashduct4luv(m): 4:16pm On Dec 06, 2017
Gucciqueen38:
I was banned by anti spam bot, but it won't stop me from saying the truth... You are deceiving pple with this post... cheesy

I was banned too.
Re: Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Maolid by SmartRetailApp(m): 10:49pm On Dec 17, 2023
First of all I want to commend the writer of this post. He managed to defend moalud nabiyy with quranic ref. But let's get something clear. Moalud is not part of pillars or articles of faith. Anything we introduce that contradicts the pillars of islam is considered shirk.
Secondly, the term "celebrate" as used many times in the quran means to honour by rites and ceremonies of joy which if we look into the history of islam, we will find numerous events where even Prophet Muhammad celebrates vicctories of battle and islam conquest. So when Allah used the word celebrate my praises after Jumuah according to verse 10 of suratul Jumuah, Allah wants us to honour him in unison and in joy and happiness if we get the context of the verse well.

So when we celebrate Moalud Nabiyy, does it mean we call on other gods names during the celebration? No we even recite Askars and some beautiful names of Allah to glorify his name.

The question should be what do our people turn this celebration into today, are we celebrating it according to their terms and rules of Islam or we are just doing whatever we like. Allah knows best, Allah knows those who worship him and nobody is the best position to judge nor discredit anyone due to their faith or believe because whether you believe or not, only Allah can save.

(1) (Reply)

Need Your Help Brothers& Sister, Playing GAME In Ramadan Is It Halal Or Haram / Passive Terrorism: The Peaceful Violence / My Wife Insults And Threatens My Fiancee'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.