Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,902 members, 7,799,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

SUV Driver Rams Into Another Car In Abuja (Photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / SUV Driver Rams Into Another Car In Abuja (Photos) (27657 Views)

Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway / Couple, Driver, Three Others Die As Driver Rams Into Commercial Bus In Delta / Baby Fell Out Of Mum's Moving Car, Ran Over By Another Car In U.S.(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SUV Driver Rams Into Another Car In Abuja (Photos) by assamu1122(m): 8:33pm On Dec 01, 2017
Nonsense
Re: SUV Driver Rams Into Another Car In Abuja (Photos) by sharpwriter(m): 9:38pm On Dec 01, 2017
aonag:
toyota and honda.. very useless products! ordinary kissing like this see damage wey them do
Me sef fear, all these new cars, as if na plastic dem be....Let us know the best brand bro....me dey think of getting car soon grin grin grin
Re: SUV Driver Rams Into Another Car In Abuja (Photos) by kayodemark(m): 9:54pm On Dec 01, 2017
You don't even know much about cars. You better keep your mouth shot
Re: SUV Driver Rams Into Another Car In Abuja (Photos) by DrMuzungu(m): 10:12pm On Dec 01, 2017
aonag:
you have no clue what i know about cars. like i said toyota and honda are useless products. get the fork out of my space...

Well, if you indeed know a thing or two, then don't make silly comments. What is your statement about them being useless based on? Technical stuff only, please, your personal opinion doesn't matter cheesy

1 Like

Re: SUV Driver Rams Into Another Car In Abuja (Photos) by bros856: 12:18am On Dec 02, 2017
Phonefanatic:
As fast as Buhari will vacant office in 2019. I thought they pay people for FTC....
Mumu so car accident is now Buhari
Re: SUV Driver Rams Into Another Car In Abuja (Photos) by Phonefanatic: 12:22am On Dec 02, 2017
bros856:
Mumu so car accident is now Buhari

Goat..... He asked how fast we think the car was traveling. Dullard
Re: SUV Driver Rams Into Another Car In Abuja (Photos) by eubee01: 2:28am On Dec 02, 2017
Imagine say na dis car be d SUV....

Re: SUV Driver Rams Into Another Car In Abuja (Photos) by Reference(m): 8:55am On Dec 02, 2017
Kelklein:
@op Forget the speed, what we should be calculating is the volume and quality of materials used in making the so-called modern cars.

Those cars are squeezed as if they are made from paper materials. I think the manufacturers should review what they use in making those vehicles.

Don't be ignorant. A simple knowledge of physics should tell you that in order to improve safety and survivability in impact accidents the aim should be to remove kinetic energy as slowly as possible. That means airbags for passengers and 'crumple zones' for vehicles. It makes the entire vehicle a shock absorber by using 'elastic skin materials front, side and rear impact zones over a rigid subframe.

It may look catastrophic to we poor third worlders but body panels are the cheapest, fastest and easiest parts to replace or repair with the right tools and equipment. Perhaps we will ask God Almighty one day why He made skin so soft instead of coating us with a tough shell like an armadillo, then when you consider the life of a snail or tortoise you may just appreciate it.

The switch from all steel to composites was to improve safety and reduce weight for better efficiency.

1 Like

Re: SUV Driver Rams Into Another Car In Abuja (Photos) by Reference(m): 9:11am On Dec 02, 2017
DrMuzungu:

because they are designed that way. What is the point of having the car in one piece after the incident, if everyone else is dead inside?! Front and back of each modern vehicle is designed to collapse in case of collision, and save everybody else inside. it's called a buffer zone. Have you noticed how the cabins of both cars were almost untouched? THINK and EDUCATE yourself before making such strong statements about the topic you don't know much about.

Exactly. Amateur boxers wear headguards that are softer than the human skull, why...because they absorb and dissipate the energy of a blow far slower than the rigid skull bone of a human and that's why fewer amateur boxers die from head wounds than professionals.

Similarly old battle tanks had a major flaw. No matter how thick the armoured plating you only needed enough kinetic energy not to penetrate the armour but to cause hypersonic vibrations passing through the cabin which will kill all the crew men even if the spalling of the inner steel surface didn't. With the development of kevlar and reactive armour the energy of incoming ordinance could be dissioated before it enters the cabin.

If the Accord was made all steel the driver will probably be incapacitated by at least whiplash.
Re: SUV Driver Rams Into Another Car In Abuja (Photos) by enemyofprogress: 10:42am On Dec 02, 2017
His favorite style must be dog style
Re: SUV Driver Rams Into Another Car In Abuja (Photos) by MatthewCGile: 12:25pm On Dec 02, 2017
Saw this accident yesterday,close to H-medix, Wuse 2.
Re: SUV Driver Rams Into Another Car In Abuja (Photos) by MatthewCGile: 12:26pm On Dec 02, 2017
Me sef fear, all these new cars, as if na plastic dem be....Let us know the best brand bro
Re: SUV Driver Rams Into Another Car In Abuja (Photos) by holuwapopsh(m): 1:47pm On Dec 02, 2017
Rape tag Gbe se reeeee oooooo or will i say FROM THE BACK
Re: SUV Driver Rams Into Another Car In Abuja (Photos) by Mryacks: 8:46pm On Dec 02, 2017
maxiuc:
cheesy

Abuja a city of inexperienced drivers

All the know about is speed speed and speed

That Honda is finished

That's why whenever I borrow car am extra careful...

Let's assume that SUV was borrowed and this happened
What are you going to tell the owner

I tell you. You see this all the time in the city center...in the morning, aftetnoon, evening, anytime
Re: SUV Driver Rams Into Another Car In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 12:44am On Dec 03, 2017
All these Cocaine snuffing northern infections in Abuja. angry
Re: SUV Driver Rams Into Another Car In Abuja (Photos) by drphantom: 6:40am On Dec 03, 2017
yanshDoctor:
that must be heavy speed. beyond repair. new model cars are not even strong at all. cars body use to be solid. a little punch will pressed or shattered the body. but how come the honda is also affected at the front side... i am not understanding. a disgrace to honda..

Oga! Actually modern cars designed to crumble on impact beyond a certain tolerance level. That way the absorb the force of the impact and do not transmit that force to the cars occupants. Better a written off car than a dead human being.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Horror Motor Accident Along Kaduna-abuja Expressway (photos) / Heavy Rainfall, Flood In Jibia, Katsina State, Many People Dead / When You Move To A New Place, What Is That First Thing You Look For??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.