Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,117 members, 7,807,374 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:51 PM

Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) (34417 Views)

Trips To Some Major Cities In USA And Canada / Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) / What Major Cities Looks Like At Night From The Cockpit Of A Boeing 777 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by tintingz(m): 8:56pm On Dec 01, 2017
ritababe:

yes oh but yet those guys won't agree

cc.

Olu317
TheKingIsHere
Laudate
Thylord
TimeMod3
The article said "mordern day Lagos" was founded by bini, you should know there were people living in Lagos before the bini people came and conquer, they were the aworis.

Cc ozila
Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:57pm On Dec 01, 2017
totit:

OK. kiss kiss

Merry Christmas in advance cool
grin
Wish you all the best bro grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by Guestlander: 8:59pm On Dec 01, 2017
QueenSekxy:
and the first shall be the last.see the brown roof of 1824 is still in existence..that Ibadan should be labelled a museum. .

Brown roofers association of Nigeria..I hail una

I have to wonder where your ancestors lived in 1824. To have a museum you need relics, how come your forebears left none?
Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by totit: 9:02pm On Dec 01, 2017
post=62896374:

Wish you all the best bro grin grin

cool

Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by Origamist: 9:02pm On Dec 01, 2017
proeast:
You guys can be very petty, so because wikipedia has busted your lies of ibadan being the oldest city in Africa now means wikipedia shouldnt be trusted? Continue, Onitsha that is centuries older than your red roof rusty ibadan is now filled with modern highrise residential buildings while you continue living in mud houses all over ibadan and claiming its your heritage. You can continue celebrating mediocrity if you like we Biafrans are progressives!
This has nothing to do with being petty.
You should ask the OP for his source if you are truly interested in the veracity of his post.
Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:08pm On Dec 01, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:11pm On Dec 01, 2017
[quote author=totit post=62896532]

Anambra

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:15pm On Dec 01, 2017
totit:

cool

grin grin

Anambra

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:19pm On Dec 01, 2017
totit:

cool

wink wink wink wink wink

Anambra.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by totit: 9:20pm On Dec 01, 2017
post=62896828:

grin grin

Anambra

K
Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by totit: 9:20pm On Dec 01, 2017
post=62896673:

cool cool
lipsrsealed

cheesy

cool cool

Kk
Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by omoelerin1: 9:22pm On Dec 01, 2017
raker300:
When was the brown roofs of the wasteland found?
Go back to school.
You can't even speak simple English correctly.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:25pm On Dec 01, 2017
Anambra

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:29pm On Dec 01, 2017
totit:

cool cool

Kk

Anambra

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by TheKingIsHere: 9:31pm On Dec 01, 2017
ritababe:

cc.

Olu317
TheKingIsHere
Laudate
Thylord
TimeMod3

Benin City is the oldest and the founders of Lagos. That's a fact no one can dispute
Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:33pm On Dec 01, 2017
Anambra.

Onitsha

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by TheKingIsHere: 9:36pm On Dec 01, 2017
@ritababe this thread is another evidence that Benin City is the oldest city in southern Nigeria if not Nigeria as a whole. Also the binis are the founders and true owners of Lagos.
The history is there for all to see.

So don't let those liars come and deceive you.

Be proud of your heritage
Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by Ttipsy(f): 9:41pm On Dec 01, 2017
looks like ANmbra has more
Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by fapcrook(m): 10:01pm On Dec 01, 2017
QueenSekxy:
and the first shall be the last.see the brown roof of 1824 is still in existence..that Ibadan should be labelled a museum. .

Brown roofers association of Nigeria..I hail una
. I belong to that association , omo Ibadan to snehhh
Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by Sard(m): 10:01pm On Dec 01, 2017
grin
popizaino:
I can categorically tell you some do,talking from experience though.
We can only hope that they get deliverance from such embittered life soon.

misterh:
I thought I was the only one who has noticed this. I think they get orgasm by deriding Yoruba land especially Ibadan. If so, long may their cum flow!!
The last part of your post made laugh really hard.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by YourMrBoo: 10:23pm On Dec 01, 2017
Uglyojuku:
Wikipedia can be edited but Igbos were found na.ked in 1921 with dangling private parts. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Yoruba mums where found with dangling sagging breast and unshaved bushy penna in 1906 grin
Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by poseidon12: 11:56pm On Dec 01, 2017
Sirheny007:
All I see is Lies!!
Wikipedia doing what it knows best, Lies!
grin grin

Then tell us what seems to you the truth, with source, please.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by poseidon12: 12:00am On Dec 02, 2017
PointZerom:
Lagos is a NO MAN'S LAND.

Not really. Lagos belongs to the Bini.
Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by Nobody: 12:09am On Dec 02, 2017
ozila:
so Benin is the oldest city and even and the founder of lagos

Benin is NOT the founder of Lagos state.

The binis NEVER at any time lived in lagos. The benin oba only had a figurehead on the throne in a part of lagos island and few warriors. How and why that came to be was never based on any war or struggle with the indegenes,who were yoruba. It was more like a request for help. Dt throne reverted back to the yorubas (the indegenes of lagos island). Binis dont have any fathers house on the lagos island cos its not their ancestral land.

Maybe u should study the benin empire. They had a similar arrangement in urhoboland and the itsekiri.

So is urhoboland bini? Or are itsekiris bini? Do any binis have their fathers house in warri? Does their land belong to the binis just cos they paid tributes to a benin king in the past?

Also apart from dt small part of the island controlled by the oba of lagos, what other part of lagos was ever controlled by a bini king? Hope u know there were no bridges in those days.

Keep decieving urselves.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by laudate: 12:09am On Dec 02, 2017
ritababe:
cc.

Olu317
TheKingIsHere
Laudate
Thylord
TimeMod3
I know that you want everyone to know that your mumu button dey my hand, but quite frankly your antics are beginning to get ridiculous. If you are looking for someone to support your stupidity, don't look in my direction, biko. Look elsewhere. Now, swerve! angry

You are carrying Bini-Lagos matter on your head like gala, as if someone paid you to do it. Try not to kill yourself over this issue, you hear?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by poseidon12: 12:13am On Dec 02, 2017
iamclime:
ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT WIKIPEDIA IS NOT A TRUSTED VEHICLE IF YOU WANT TO EMBARK ON A REAL HISTORICAL EXCURSION!

Then provide your own information with a "trusted" source.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by DONADAMS(m): 2:14am On Dec 02, 2017
totit:
grin
bros..which app be this?
Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by arki(m): 3:12am On Dec 02, 2017
totit:

That's 1960 or so image of ibadan. If anybody doubt me? Then provide the link to the aerial views.
Let's be honest for once.
Oya, show us where you got the aerial view Will you?
By the way, this is 2017 aerial view. cool

Oga, that's the recent state of Ibadan. it still marvels me how these pple manage to live in such a shitty environment. One only get to breath fresh air as one gets to new bodija, a bit of Challenge, felele, ring road and dugbe entrance etc, other places like Oja Oba,molete, Bere, gate, Iwo road etc are sour sites to behold with brown roofs as shown in those pictures forming a massive area of the city. It's as if civilization eluded those pple in that region.
Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by totit: 6:33am On Dec 02, 2017
arki:

Oga, that's the recent state of Ibadan. it still marvels me how these pple manage to live in such a shitty environment. One only get to breath fresh air as one gets to new bodija, a bit of Challenge, felele, ring road and dugbe entrance etc, other places like Oja Oba,molete, Bere, gate, Iwo road etc are sour sites to behold with brown roofs as shown in those pictures forming a massive area of the city. It's as if civilization eluded those pple in that region.
Shm.
Prove it nah.

Lool kiss

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by ritababe(f): 6:52am On Dec 02, 2017
TimeMod3:
rita you no get shame I swear. ijaws don annex Gelegele finish but that one never pain you reach body.

oya come to my room let me teach you the history of Lagos...

#NoBitchAttitude

Lagos was founded by bini. full stop.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by ritababe(f): 6:53am On Dec 02, 2017
tintingz:
The article said "mordern day Lagos" was founded by bini, you should know there were people living in Lagos before the bini people came and conquer, they are the aworis.

Cc ozila

yeah I know there were people there including Bini people too, do you think they will allow Bini to annex them if they weren't been ruled by a Bini man?
Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by ritababe(f): 6:55am On Dec 02, 2017
laudate:

I know that you want everyone to know that your mumu button dey my hand, but quite frankly your antics are beginning to get ridiculous. If you are looking for someone to support your stupidity, don't look in my direction, biko. Look elsewhere. Now, swerve! angry

You are carrying Bini-Lagos matter on your head like gala, as if someone paid you to do it. Try not to kill yourself over this issue, you hear?

am just trying to tell you the fact, you don't need to insult me na

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. / Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.