Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,338 members, 7,780,888 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:51 AM

Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? (26807 Views)

As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin / Man Buys Honda SUV For Wife Who Gave Birth (pics) / Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by Cyberfreak(f): 2:31pm On Mar 31, 2010
u.)
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by Cyberfreak(f): 2:31pm On Mar 31, 2010
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Mar 31, 2010
benedictac:

and if u are in the shoes of this your friend, what will u rather do?

I'll greet him, no doubt about that. But is that really what 'respect' is all about
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by benedictac(f): 2:34pm On Mar 31, 2010
Ujujoan:

I'll greet him, no doubt about that. But is that really what 'respect' is all about

u win
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Mar 31, 2010
benedictac:

u win

Hey, it's no contest. I do subscribe to your ideas of God's intervention in a marriage dou. wink
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by benedictac(f): 2:42pm On Mar 31, 2010
Ujujoan:

Hey, it's no contest. I do subscribe to your ideas of God's intervention in a marriage dou. wink

ha ha, na the samefin we dey talk now, dem say if u cant beat dem, u join them or u stay aside
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Mar 31, 2010
benedictac:

ha ha, na the samefin we dey talk now, dem say if u cant beat dem, u join them or u stay aside

lol cheesy cheesy
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by benedictac(f): 3:00pm On Mar 31, 2010
my friend, i like u sha where are u based
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by r231(m): 3:00pm On Mar 31, 2010
Ujujoan:

or else i will send you out SIMPLE cheesy grin
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by ayettymama(f): 3:03pm On Mar 31, 2010
lolz

the problem is not the greeting

the problem is that the greeting is a problem!

i think any man who thinks too deep into it has some psychological issues he needs to face!!

dayuuum!
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Mar 31, 2010
benedictac:

my friend, i like u sha where are u based

Nigeria, Anambra State. You?

r231:

or else i will send you out SIMPLE cheesy grin

See you making mouth, I no say you no fit do am! tongue cheesy
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by benedictac(f): 3:22pm On Mar 31, 2010
Abuja
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Mar 31, 2010
benedictac:

Abuja
Nice wink
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by idifu(m): 4:05pm On Mar 31, 2010
it doesn't matter who greets each other first,what matters most is the love they have for each other
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by dinachi(m): 4:20pm On Mar 31, 2010
Honestly, I dont know what has gotten into the heads of some women this days. Many of them simply do not understand that their husband is thier boss. And, iam going to base my analogy on the bible. For one it says the man is the head of the woman as God is the head of man. that is clear enough. there is nnothing like issues of equality or not about the issue. Men and women are different both in make up and roles. It is just like in heaven where we have God the Father, Son and Holy Ghost. even though they are united but it is very clear that God the father has an upper hand. Besides women were basically created for the man . They were not in Gods initial plan. Man is Gods direct image while woman is mans own image. That is why we have God the father and son but no God the mother. That is also why none of the 12 apostles of Jesus was female. If God in his infinite wisdom did not see it fit to include a woman in his heavenly plan for mankind why then is it so difficult to get the picture? Women submit and enjoy your Marriage or refuse and die single the choice is yours.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by BeautfulB(f): 4:31pm On Mar 31, 2010
when a wife is demh pretty no body will ask the husband to greet his wife in the morning "good morning ma pretty angel" grin
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by noblegas2(m): 4:41pm On Mar 31, 2010
Beautful.B:

when a wife is demh pretty no body will ask the husband to greet his wife in the morning "good morning ma pretty angel" grin
Pretty my nuts! Are U even married?? I pity U.dats wat killz most women, BEAUTY!!!
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by GL(f): 5:57pm On Mar 31, 2010
ayettymama:

lolz

the problem is not the greeting

the problem is that the greeting is a problem!

i think any man who thinks too deep into it has some psychological issues he needs to face!!

dayuuum!

exactly. there's no big deal in being the first to greet, it's only a problem when the man starts to make a fuss about it. besides i think if a man respects his wife he shouldn't have a problem with greeting her first.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by joe4christ(m): 7:13pm On Mar 31, 2010
@dinachi THANK YOU BROTHER, YOU'VE SAID IT ALL AND GOD BARES YOU WITHNESS. LET 'HER' WHO HAVE EARS HEAR!
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by sley4life(m): 7:35pm On Mar 31, 2010
Not compulsory. Anybody can be the 1st 2 greet
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by eros(m): 12:31am On Apr 01, 2010
Anybody can greet first. Big deal
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by queeneve: 12:47am On Apr 01, 2010
Honestly, I dont know what has gotten into the heads of some women this days. Many of them simply do not understand that their husband is thier boss. And, iam going to base my analogy on the bible. For one it says the man is the head of the woman as God is the head of man. that is clear enough. there is nnothing like issues of equality or not about the issue. Men and women are different both in make up and roles. It is just like in heaven where we have God the Father, Son and Holy Ghost. even though they are united but it is very clear that God the father has an upper hand. Besides women were basically created for the man . They were not in Gods initial plan. Man is Gods direct image while woman is mans own image. That is why we have God the father and son but no God the mother. That is also why none of the 12 apostles of Jesus was female. If God in his infinite wisdom did not see it fit to include a woman in his heavenly plan for mankind why then is it so difficult to get the picture? Women submit and enjoy your Marriage or refuse and die single the choice is yours.

NO THIS MOFO DIDNT! NO THE HECK THIS MOFO DIDNT! YOU KNOW WHAT, I WILL BE RIGHT BACK, WE GOING TO HAVE BIBLE STUDY TODAY!
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by ayettymama(f): 12:51am On Apr 01, 2010
being the head of the household has absolutely nothing to do with greeting in the morning!

its just sick twisted backwards nigerians with cerebral degeneration and misfirnng neurones that bother themselves with this rubbish!

i thank God for where i am! dayuuuuum!
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by mamagee3(f): 12:52am On Apr 01, 2010
They can both greet each other, It's no big deal. undecided
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by queeneve: 3:10am On Apr 01, 2010
Okay, (speaking in saracastic tone) I had to greet my fiance before I got on this thread undecided

There is nothing IN THE BIBLE, KING JAMES VERSION speaks nothing about a man being above a woman or a woman must speak or greet her husband FIRST, there is nothing in the bible speaks about HOW TO GREET A SPOUSE. The bible talks heavily about HUSBAND AND WIFE IS ONE, not one and one, not one then one, not one plus one, and one beneath one. It simply states in Genesis, the father leave the home and cleave into his wife therefore become one. If you dont love yourself, you cant possible love your wife.

The reason why Jesus had 12 men apostles and not women is because Jesus didn't ask the woman. Period. It has nothing to do with gender. There are alot of female figures in the bible and they are great examples. Mary, Ruth, and Esther were one of the greatest women in the bible.

You equate the fact there were no women in the apostlehood to an excuse to act like an ahole. If you want your woman to greet you then you need to deal with your woman, but dont tell another woman that is not your wife to greet her husband or any man of that matter.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by queeneve: 3:14am On Apr 01, 2010
Ayetty,

My fiance is Nigerian and he does not act like these Nigerian men for certain. He is not petty and egotical like some of these men on NL. I think there are some nice Nigerian men, maybe you will have to filter through them. But, they are there. Now if you prefer white chocolate than HOORAY. I don't like undone meat and it smell when not cooked. Winks.

My fiance does not expect me to greet him first or bow down to him. He is a great example of a GOOD CHRISTIAN MAN, WHO LOVES ME AS CHRIST LOVES THE CHURCH. Unfornately, my friend got a bad Nigerian man who beats her and mistreats her like a dog.

Sometimes, you have to screen them by praying for unveiling of the unseen. It works!
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by ayettymama(f): 3:45am On Apr 01, 2010
my family is full of good nigerian men!
so i even no of thier existence!

i dont no where all these men come from
even my great grandpa doesnt carry this backwardsnezz!

i seriously would like to know from under which rocks these men climb?
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by deluxecad(m): 6:13am On Apr 01, 2010
@queeneve: You are a confused woman. You keep conflicting with yourself. Your analogies don't add up. You are just too ego-ridden. Stop now if you don't have any reasonable comment to drop. Peace!
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by deluxecad(m): 6:41am On Apr 01, 2010
From the way you wrongly quote the bible and the bogus interpretation that you give the wrongly quoted verses, it shows how much more knowledge you need to overcome the rage of sexism you're putting your arrogant self thru. Don't talk about what u hav no clue about and stop sounding sandy. What word is 'saracastic' again! Lol. Make u no kill person oh! Don't greet ur husband if u like, nobody has made it a rule. Remember the topic limits itself to the African culture. Even Revd. Run's wife greets him and he does dat to her too, talking of d West. Be wise.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by solokay(m): 8:09am On Apr 01, 2010
It does not matter who greet first as long as they greet. Lets leave God out of this discussion, people call God too much in nigeria but still do the wrong thing all the time and that's why the country is the way it is.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by ayettymama(f): 8:19am On Apr 01, 2010
^^ leave them

when they want to display barbarism they like quoting the bible!!

people want to behave like monkeys and start quoting scriptures i dont get it

where in the Bible does it say a woman must greet her husband first in the morning??

kmt

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Increase Intimacy In Marriages / Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook / What Becomes Of Kids In Orphanages When They Grow Up?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.