Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,882 members, 7,806,545 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? (26979 Views)

As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin / Man Buys Honda SUV For Wife Who Gave Birth (pics) / Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by benedictac(f): 8:42am On Apr 01, 2010
ARE U GUYS STILL ON THESE?
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by joe4christ(m): 9:19am On Apr 01, 2010
ayettymama:

^^ leave them

when they want to display barbarism they like quoting the bible!!
i dont
KNOW

where in the Bible does it say a woman must greet her husband first in the morning??

kmt
QUOTE 4 ME A SCRIPTURE THAT SAY SMOKING IS BAD AND IS A SIN. BUT COMMON SENSE WILL TELL U ITS WRONG AND UNHEALTHY,  I DONT KNOW WHAT IS WRONG WITH MOST WOMEN/LADIES
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by GL(f): 11:49am On Apr 01, 2010
^^ what's the connection between smoking and greeting one's husband?
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by ayettymama(f): 12:56pm On Apr 01, 2010
joe4christ:

QUOTE 4 ME A SCRIPTURE THAT SAY SMOKING IS BAD AND IS A SIN. BUT COMMON SENSE WILL TELL U ITS WRONG AND UNHEALTHY, I DONT KNOW WHAT IS WRONG WITH MOST WOMEN/LADIES

Don’t be drunk with wine, because that will ruin your life. Instead, be filled with the Holy Spirit

NEXT!

O yes, ur not gonna tell me drinkin isnt equivalent to smokin

smokin is not forbiden but is discouraged- anything that will intoxicate u!

now talk betta tin cos this is irrelevant
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by mykpoint: 1:52pm On Apr 01, 2010
oh this is very interesting topics.you see many of our so called wife is half baked.sorry to say many women who are married are not married to their right man because of thier desperate nature just to get involved i am maried .for christ sake a wife should greet her husband first thing in the morning that is one of the basic qualities of a virteous wife but today mummy and darling has taking order of the without knowing the meaning of darling or mummy.to be frank you if you married a white woman for instance and you call her pets names you are all her world because she assume that what it meant for.greeting first thing in the morning honey good morning follow with a kiss and word refreshing life like how was your night you know.how can a man greet a girl he give like five or ten years just she is her wife i tell you she will abuse that previlege and this leads to untimely death of many husband.during our fathers time we always refers as outdated but you see them live than we because their wives is thier companion not mates you see but today as soon as you as you a wife she aitomatically becomes your mate.their is a misconception there wife is wife while husband is husband ok.please if want your husband to live longer and peace with you always greet him first that is his right not a privellege.

mykpoint from moscow. angry
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by tpiah: 4:10pm On Apr 01, 2010
how did pet names enter this discussion?
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by mykpoint: 4:19pm On Apr 01, 2010
you dont understant my argument i am trying to say that pet names has taking up the whole issue inother words i dont see any issue on this as far as i am concern a wife should always greet her husband first that is just the courtsey ok mind you i am stand to be corrected.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by benedictac(f): 4:20pm On Apr 01, 2010
tpiah:

how did pet names enter this discussion?

na talk dey bring talk
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by akwaowoudo(m): 4:59pm On Apr 01, 2010
There's no convention to this. Anyone can do that. I don't force greetings from person(s) neither should do i force respect. When you deserve greetings , respect it comes to you.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by dinachi(m): 5:44pm On Apr 01, 2010
When you see your father, as a highly modernised westerner that you are , do you wait for him to greet you first? When you encounter your pastor do you wait for him to greet you first? Okay lets not go very far? What of when you encounter your senior sister, what happens? Your guess is as good as mine. The problem is simply that some women have become slaves of women liberation. While the wise ones sieve the information they are getting others are simply led on hook  line and sinker.  It is only a woman that is pathetically tied to unhealthy discuss that will ever challenge this notion. For one can you name one single originator of the women liberation struggle who had a successfull marrige. Lets not fall into the trap of Adam who let the wife patrol around without supervision and got all of us involved in this mess. Ones again to buttress my point why did God Call Adam first, instead of eve  when he wanted to find out what they had done? Abraham the father of faith was addressed as Lord by his Wife and even the bible admonished christian women to emulate that.  In case i have not made it clear, Man is totally superior to the woman in terms of leadership the way God intended it. Lets take it from another pespective even though we are one with christ  are we equal to him?   As for men and women, we are equal as human beings but not equal as leaders. Therfore a man deserves to be greeted first. I rest my case.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by mayfrances(f): 5:55pm On Apr 01, 2010
Hell NO!!!!! Whoever comes home first and is at home when the other spouse comes home should greet. What difference does it make. This is 2010, not 1810!!!!!!!! Maybe in Nigeria, but not America!!!!!!!! And yes, I am married to a Nigerian. He does not make a big deal of nonsense!!!!!!
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by deluxecad(m): 6:42pm On Apr 01, 2010
@dinachi: God bless u. Case closed. I never knew dis debate is still not settled.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by ficoram(m): 7:22pm On Apr 01, 2010
mayfrances:

Hell NO!!!!! Whoever comes home first and is at home when the other spouse comes home should greet. What difference does it make. This is 2010, not 1810!!!!!!!! Maybe in Nigeria, but not America!!!!!!!! And yes, I am married to a Nigerian. He does not make a big deal of nonsense!!!!!!

@mayfrance.
u will no who is making big deal out of nonsense.when these young nigerian gals have the oppourtunity to show your husband some respect and he is carried away by such humbleness.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by ficoram(m): 7:38pm On Apr 01, 2010
@ topic
please ladies no one is saying that it is mandatory 4 u 2 b d 1st person to greet ur hubby.but one thing u must understand is that,man ago is a factor that can not b underestimated.it is lil issue like this that destroys marriage.d reply from most of the gals shows dat they are making enemy out of their husband.ladies should try to respect their husband, this is d norm of the african culture.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by mayfrances(f): 8:23pm On Apr 01, 2010
ficoarm or whatever the hell your name is; any Nigerian woman that is bad enough to come take my man, then my hat is off to her. However, she needs to know that I have 2 pickens by this man and twins on the way so there will be no money left for them and they can do the babysitting, Lol!!!!!! They may be doing me a favor by taking him away fool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I am working my ass off everyday as a schoo principal and taking care of these children, I could care less who speaks first. Please move on to matters that mean something!!!!! NEXT!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by deluxecad(m): 8:57pm On Apr 01, 2010
@Mayfrances: I'm trying 2 figure out what kind of rude and and loud principal u'd be. Why're these ladies deep into using arrogant + obscene language? If you could type like this, u can do worse in real speech. Jeez!
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by queeneve: 9:18pm On Apr 01, 2010
Thank you, Ayetty!

I am a sexist because I did not read anything in the bible that said WOMEN MUST GREET THEIR HUSBANDS. There is nothing in the bible that said YOU MUST GREET YOUR SPOUSE. Each marriage is DIFFERENT and that is what I was trying to project to these KNUCKLEHEADS.

As for REV RUN, HIS WIFE DOES NOT GREET HIM THE WAY YOU SAID TO GREET YOUR SPOUSE. When Rev and his wife see each other they GREET EACH OTHER. There is no oooh my wife must greeet bullchit.

I don't believe it African culture for SOME OF YOU TO BE ARSEHOLES so don't contaminate AFRICA name with that BULLCHIT and I am not AFRICAN!

How the fugg am I confused cos I dont agree with you? Some of you men need to find your balls and cup them up because you begins to stink like little boys throwin a tantrum because a girl won your marbles in a game!

Grow up!
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by queeneve: 9:22pm On Apr 01, 2010
Yo Duluxe,

Not that it any of your business, MY FIANCE GREETS ME EVERY MORNING AND EVERY NIGHT. He is NIGERIAN. He is older than me, NOT ONE TIME HE TALKS ABOUT GREETING PROCEDURE and HE HAPPILY GREETS ME EVERY MORNING AND EVENING, GUESS WHAT, HE DONT MAKE A BIG FUGGING DEAL!

And control your OWN WOMAN IF YOU GOT ANY! If that how you operate, I FEEL SORRY FOR HER, OR HIM, who knows what you do behind closed doors!

Check that!
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by deluxecad(m): 9:33pm On Apr 01, 2010
Hahahahaha! She's back! Hell has no fury to contend with u wat u gat. Lol! Now I can comfortably conclude that you have a big problem with written stuff. You contradict yaself when you hit ur keyboard. U use offensives when it's needless. I foresee ur so called boy-girl relationship crashing when d Africa in ur man wakes up from d grip of ur love potion. U sound Carribean tho. Are u Jamaican? I hav a hunch. Someone like u can hardly stay married. Work yourself!
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by tpiah: 9:56pm On Apr 01, 2010
when d Africa in your man wakes up

shocked shocked lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by queeneve: 10:00pm On Apr 01, 2010
Duluxe,

You love me don'tcha? Come here let me give you a big breasty hug! MMMMMMMMMMHHHH! Feel better suga?

Duluxe, TRUST me, I be married a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time with ONE MAN and we both are content with each other. But, I understand you stick up for the macho men. Get em!

Don't worry suga! I got this! My fiance will tell you he is HAPPY!

You want to call him and ask him?
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by ficoram(m): 11:50pm On Apr 01, 2010
@myfrances
sorry if my approach caused a stir.but sincerely
I'm so ashame of u;PRINCIPAL!
I am sorry for ur husband,and i fear for ur students.with this derogatory language of urs,i bet they are some disaster waiting to happen,but olohun onifunese.u r so full of pejorative and dyslogistic words.God!
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by tpiah: 12:54am On Apr 02, 2010
ok!

too many ibons to bother about.

these days.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by joe4christ(m): 11:11am On Apr 02, 2010
lwkmd! abeg i no fit laugh jo! hehehehehehe, laugh won kill me die! hahahahahaaha, I CANT BUT KEEP LAUGHING! lmfao!! Pls help me stop, hehehehe!!!
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by ashley86(f): 11:15am On Apr 02, 2010
whoever feels like undecided
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by tayore: 4:46pm On Apr 06, 2010
People differ. What matters to one, matters not to another.
A single rule cannot apply to all. Study your partner and do what's good for your marriage.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by WhiteOne(f): 1:08pm On Apr 07, 2010
Honestly! A good nigerian or european wife of the old generation (our mothers or grandmothers) got up 30 to 60 minute earlyer as there husband, they made the breakfast table ready, made tea or coffee and were ironing his shirts and trousers and made sure the children are washed and ready for school and then she woke up her husband with a kiss and the sentence "Dear braekfast is ready, please come and greet the kids or something of this kind" - it is nice to see this as a kid and my mother did it, every day, my dad in the kitchen unimaginably, but my mothers was a home maker and a house wife back than . . . later on my mum started to work again, i got older and the time has moved on . . . i set the breakfast table and my dad woke up first and he kissed my mother every morning to wake her up and he said to her "darling, sleep longer our girl is old enough to take care of thereself and i know where she had put my coffee or tea - and my mum was the last person, which had to stand up than and it was good to see this too.

Now to me, well at the moment it is me how wake up first, make breakfast and even cook rice in the morning and i wake up the kids and make sure they are ready for shool and than i call my husband to join us for brekfst before i leave for the office, sometimes i can not eat myself, but i make sure everybody does and i make sure i had a big cap of tea or caffee with a lot of milk. Every morning my husband say "Thank you to me for doing all this things" and he always pray for the children before school. But i am sure things might change for me too as the did for my mum and even my nigerian husband have started to make breakfast for us on weekend or set the tea time or supper for us.

It does not matter, how does what first and how does what last - it does matter, that the things are done in time and all the work in the house ore outsite is appreciated - PLEASE and THANK YOU - COULD YOU PLEASE NOT YOU MUSSED -

2 Likes

Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by WhiteOne(f): 3:00pm On Apr 07, 2010
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i dont know the problems of we ladies. what is the big deal about greeting. Is your husband your mate? God has made him the head over u. Do u debate who to greet your father first. What is the big deal of greeting your husband first and give him all the respect due to him. Haba!!! this is africa and not western world. If u have a husband that notices this type of things why dont u do it and have peace in your marriage. Haba!!! na waoh for ladies

And i do not know what is your problem, Sir! So it is an African, an Nigeria thing to greet people and your husband and not an western thing.
Na Waoh for youself. Shame on you for talking so badly about western womans. As it is for me, i am so sorry to disappoint you - my German Oma (Grandma) would give me "pepper", if i did not greet my husband in the morning and in the afternoon and make his cup of coffee or tea for him and serve his food.

Way some African man thing always the western woman is so bad, if they do not know about your traditions and the different cultures!
We, Germans - we even "greet god every day" - "Gott zum gruesse oder Gruss God" - and if you are in German and you can not greet your working colleagues, your boss, your familiy, your neighbours - you have a lot of problems!

And by the way, no one " have got our "Sie" in Germany we greet a lot of people in an second for of "you" or "du" to give propper respect to them and no one call anybody by the first name at work or in church!
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by factbox(f): 11:25am On Apr 09, 2010
Hey guyz does it really mata who greets who first its only a crude and highly egoistic man that ponder or even raise an issue over that kind of trivial fin since greeting first or last does not signify respect or love.over bearing men wake- up and get busy there are one thousand and one fin to bother bout considering the stress and th bad economic state of the nation , nonsense fin to bother bout by unbusy nagerians u dont command respect u earn it ASAP.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Nov 13, 2010
Depends on who wakes up first, we have no preference, no big deal.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Nov 14, 2010
I don't understand this topic.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by r231(m): 4:34pm On Nov 14, 2010
me too grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price / What's The Craziest Thing Your Kid Or Baby Relation Has Done? / I Find It Hard Expressing Myself And It Is Killing Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.