Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,785 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

Fellow Nigerians Sold Us In Libya-rescued Nigerian - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Fellow Nigerians Sold Us In Libya-rescued Nigerian (547 Views)

Nigerian Lady Residing In Canada Berates Fellow Nigerians (Video) / Nigerians Sold As Slaves In Libya!!!!! Spread The Word!!!! / Nigerians Sold As Slaves In Libya, Reno Omokri Slams Buhari's Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fellow Nigerians Sold Us In Libya-rescued Nigerian by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 02, 2017
On Thursday night , 150 migrants from mostly Edo and Delta states arrived Nigeria via Buraq Airplane at the cargo terminal of the Murtala international Airport, Lagos.

Many of the returnees comfirmed that they were sold by their countrymen , who were already rich in Libya.

According to Punch, One of them , 26 - year- old Odion Saliu, hairdresser from Edo State , said she was kidnapped and handed over to a Nigerian, who forced her to call her Mother .

According to her , her mother in Benin paid N200 , 000 but she was again sold by the same Nigerian for 3 ,000 dinars (about N 794 , 000 ).

Saliu explained that the Nigerians spoke Pidgin English and some Nigerian languages .

She said , “ When I was kidnapped with others and held for some weeks , the Arabs asked if I wanted to be taken to a Nigerian and I readily said yes. I was very happy that I was going to someone from my country . But it was a lie .

“ The Nigerian they took me to locked me in a cell and told me to call my mother and ask for N 60 , 000 . The man said he would sell me to a connection house if my family did not get the money . I called to inform my mother and the trafficker who facilitated my journey from Nigeria .

“ But the trafficker spoke with them on the phone and told them the amount they demanded was too small . They increased it to N200 , 000 . My mother paid into an account after they provided her with the account number over the phone .

“ The Nigerian said if I wanted to cross the sea, I had to pay him again . But when we got to the seaside , he sold me again .”

Another Edo State indigene, Sunday Anyaegbunam, left Nigeria along with his wife in April.

He said during their nine - day journey through the desert , they were sold twice by Nigerians .
According to him , when their Nigerian “ burger ” (trafficker) sold them to another set of Libyan traffickers at Agadez , Niger , the traffickers sold him and his wife to a Nigerian who took them to Sabha , Libya, where they were separated in different cells .

“ We were made to contact our families on the phone and I had to ensure the payment of N400 , 000 for my release and N300 , 000 for my wife,”

Anyaegbunam said . Like others, he could only identify the Nigerians trading in their countrymen in Libya through the Nigerian languages they spoke and their accent . He said , “ The Nigerians selling people in Libya are more wicked than many of the Arabs . I have never seen people so heartless as the Nigerians who bought and sold me .

“ There are many of them in Agadez and Sabha , who are making so much money from selling their own people.

But there are other West Africans doing the business too . “ When you approach them and say , ‘Please , my brother, help me. ’ They would tell you, “ No brother in the jungle.”

A 25 - year - old woman , Esosa Osas , who was in Libya for six months , said she also met many Nigerians selling their countrymen . “ You dare not talk to them , else they would beat you and lock you up . They sell women for 5 , 000 dinars and men for N4 , 000 dinars . I noticed that the connection houses were also controlled by Nigerian women.” All these accounts were corroborated by 35 - year - old Harrison Okotie who lived in Libya for three years until his repatriation.

“ Nigerians and Libyans are doing the business like they are one big happy family ,” he said .

Most of the migrants who arrived Nigeria on Thursday were from Edo State .

Officials of the state’s task force on illegal migration were on hand with luxurious buses to transport their people back home.
Check more of there pictures via
http://n18s.com/fellow-countrymen-sold-us-in-libya-nigerian-rescued-slave/

Re: Fellow Nigerians Sold Us In Libya-rescued Nigerian by hisgrace090: 7:45pm On Dec 02, 2017
I think man selling His brother for personal enrichment, is the last thing a desperate man can do.

We are too desperate as people.
Re: Fellow Nigerians Sold Us In Libya-rescued Nigerian by Sunnick(m): 7:47pm On Dec 02, 2017
My brother see wertin money dey lead us into
Re: Fellow Nigerians Sold Us In Libya-rescued Nigerian by mcmurphy132(m): 7:47pm On Dec 02, 2017
God dey
Re: Fellow Nigerians Sold Us In Libya-rescued Nigerian by Nobody: 7:56pm On Dec 02, 2017
we re desperado
Re: Fellow Nigerians Sold Us In Libya-rescued Nigerian by dollytino4real(f): 8:09pm On Dec 02, 2017
this is nigeria version of joseph dat was sold to egypt by his own brothers
Re: Fellow Nigerians Sold Us In Libya-rescued Nigerian by seunny4lif(m): 8:23pm On Dec 02, 2017
Na one no be news joooor
Nigerians in Sabha are wicked
After paying them to transport you to Tripoli, they tell the Arabs to locked you till you pay addition money

It's normal to them
From Joe Sahba to Osa,
Re: Fellow Nigerians Sold Us In Libya-rescued Nigerian by BiafranBushBoy: 8:29pm On Dec 02, 2017
Everything is fair in war and business...

(1) (Reply)

Abuja Vs Lagos / Nigerian Nurses Interested In Moving Abroad, Let's Connect Here / Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.