Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

Lagos Is Not Synonymous To Nigeria! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Is Not Synonymous To Nigeria! (417 Views)

The Agege-pen Cinema Bridge/flyover In Lagos Is Ready (pics, Video) / Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) / World's Most Expensive (And Cheapest) Cities Revealed,See Where Lagos Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Is Not Synonymous To Nigeria! by Marcelo290(m): 8:46pm On Dec 02, 2017
I find it rather illogical when people, even so called Nigerians pick Lagos as a state and use it to generalize about the whole country, this habit is long overdue and some of us find it irritating and annoying!

I saw a thread where a Nairalander who visited Ghana, used the experience he had in one part of Lagos (cos am sure he hasn't visited the CBD and it's environs) to make a comparative analysis about both countries and came to a hasty conclusion. I was ashamed of him when I saw the pictures he posted, cos I'm sure he hasn't gone around.

The Poster also didn't put the population and Landmass of both countries into consideration, the whole of Ghanian population is just slightly ahead that of Lagos, Ghana also has villages and slums which he didn't visit.

Lagos is only a state in Nigeria, if anywhere should be used as a model in his analysis, it should be Abuja city, cos it's the capital. It's just like taking Abuja and concluding Nigeria is better than another country, Or visiting VI, Lekki, Banana Island in Lagos and make same conclusions, it doesn't sound logical.

There are places in Enugu which can match what he posted in all facets, Nigeria is not all about Lagos, we have other cool cities which aren't as congested. Like Uyo, Enugu, PH, Calabar, Abuja, Kano, Kaduna, Akure, Ibadan and the rest.

We don't have constant electricity which is an established fact, we may also have other myriad problems, but I also wish to reiterate that No country is without it's own problems. I'm not trying to uphold mediocrity nor exonerate our politicians, but only out to put the records straight!

Lagos is not Nigeria, I'm a Nigerian and I don't live in Lagos! let it sink in your brains most especially these folks that don't travel, enough of the disgrace.

Cc: Mynd44 Lalasticlala

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Professional Househelp Direct Employment In DUBAI / Dana Air To Fly Tour Operators, Travel Agents And Media On Fam Trip / Protesters Block Lagos Expressway As BRT Kills Pupil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.