Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,598 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

IPMAN Threatens To Increase Petrol To N160 Per Litre - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPMAN Threatens To Increase Petrol To N160 Per Litre (17481 Views)

Petrol To Sell At 117 Per Litre As PPMC Slashes Ex-Depot Prices / Minimum Wage: FG Planning To Increase Petrol Price To N185 – Fayose / FG May Increase Petrol Price To N180 Per Litre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPMAN Threatens To Increase Petrol To N160 Per Litre by skymobilemedia: 7:42am On Dec 03, 2017
The Ore depot branch of the Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria has threatened to increase petrol price from the approved price of N145 to about N160 per litre.

The chairman of the branch, Shina Amoo, who said this in an interview with our correspondent in Ile Ife on Saturday, explained that marketers in some states in the South-West would not have to increase petrol price because Depot and Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria had increased the price of fuel sold to marketers by N16.

Amoo pointed out that such action would push petrol price to about N160 per litre. He noted that though the
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation did not increase the price they supplied the product to private depot owners, the latter had chosen to sell the product to marketers at N144 per litre.

He said, “We want members of the public to know that we can no longer continue to sell fuel at the government approved price. The private depot owners sell a litre to us at a price between N142 and N144 per litre, which should be sold at N133.28. They got the product from the NNPC at N117 per litre.

“We will transport the product from the depots to our various stations and pay workers as well as incur other expenses. So, how will anybody expect us to continue to sell fuel to consumers below the cost price? It is not possible. We will have to increase fuel price to about N160 per litre.”

Amoo, therefore, appealed to the NNPC to expedite action on the Ore depot so that marketers in Ondo, Osun and Ekiti states would be able to lift petroleum products directly from the depot.

Recently, the Lagos State branch of IPMAN had threatened to embark on an indefinite strike beginning from December 11 because of the alleged breach of the bulk purchase agreement to sell fuel to them at N133.28k per litre by the NNPC.

Source: www.punchng.com/ipman-threatens-to-increase-fuel-price-to-n160/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPMAN Threatens To Increase Petrol To N160 Per Litre by Nobody: 3:02pm On Dec 03, 2017
Buhari administration cheesy can it get any worse than this grin

Una the try oo shocked

Thank you Lord for my life. grin

I escape them cool

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPMAN Threatens To Increase Petrol To N160 Per Litre by BruncleZuma: 3:02pm On Dec 03, 2017
grin grin grin grin

This crooks that enriched themselves with subsidy awoof... Amadiooooohhhhaaaaaa

2 Likes

Re: IPMAN Threatens To Increase Petrol To N160 Per Litre by nairavsdollars(f): 3:02pm On Dec 03, 2017
Fire burn all IPMAN members one by one

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPMAN Threatens To Increase Petrol To N160 Per Litre by Tizzytayo(m): 3:03pm On Dec 03, 2017
Where is Nigeria heading to? What is Nigeria becoming? Who shall come to our (Nigerians) rescue? Its well even when you are in the well... Nigeria matter just tire me. Abeg make i continue to dey boil my egg.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPMAN Threatens To Increase Petrol To N160 Per Litre by Fallasy(m): 3:03pm On Dec 03, 2017
Enjoy your change

9 Likes

Re: IPMAN Threatens To Increase Petrol To N160 Per Litre by Nobody: 3:03pm On Dec 03, 2017
sorry for derailing this thread but i cant keep calm, VIKINGS SEASON 5 IS OUT

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPMAN Threatens To Increase Petrol To N160 Per Litre by Nobody: 3:03pm On Dec 03, 2017
As usual...

It has become a normal routine every December. We aren't surprised/scared anymore, we will all enjoy the APC change together.

#BringItOn.

35 Likes

Re: IPMAN Threatens To Increase Petrol To N160 Per Litre by Built2last: 3:03pm On Dec 03, 2017
There are two Major scams I will not forget in my entire life.

1. When MTN promised Nigerians aeroplane. The promo says if you recharge up to 1k a month you will win gulf stream 360jet. I don't know who won that plane. Maybe in the spirit world.

2. When APC packaged Buhari and wore him suit painting a picture of a transformed democrat with integrity. Nigerians tot that even if Buhari won't be corrupt. He won't tolerate it around him.that one done done super story now.

Malaria drug wey person dey buy N850 is now N1580.D Next Mosquito I lay my hands on will feel D full force of dis Buhari Regime.

THE BUHARI TRAGEDY; HOW DID WE GET HERE?

That President Muhammadu Buhari lacks both the intellectual, mental and emotional wherewithal to preside over even an Umunna meeting in his Daura village has never been in doubt. He remains a pathetic excuse for a President. Even the dark Goggled tyrant, Abacha, wasn't this terrible. Abacha was simply a thieving dictator and most of his tyranny were actually not unconnected with his desire to bury the June12 ghost. So there is a sense in which it can be argued that Abacha's madness had a method.

But this man here??

He seems quite uniquely sophisticated in the ways of inflicting pain, misery, death, wars and woes on his fellow Nigerians. It does appear he enjoys it, too.

His is a govt deeply rooted in official roquery, banditry and brigandage.

Under this Katsina born ex-soldier, official bigotry, clannishness and demonic nepotism have all been institutionalized.

In a nutshell, President Buhari is running an apartheid govt premised on Northernization, Fulanization and Islamization. Ironically, even in his own govt, he's but a pawn in the hands of the powerful #ScionsOfDanfodio calling the shot.

But,

This is not even my greatest pain.

My greatest 'wonderment' remains how 15million men and women, some of whom lay claim to superior knowledge and higher intellect, failed to see the Buhari fraud for what it has always been despite the signs that were all too glaring for even a blind man not to have seen.

History is alive and well with the records of gross human right abuses, tyranny, first class bigotry and criminal disdain for democratic processes and procedures which characterized Buhari's short but iniquitious stint in power some three decades ago.

Practically everything happening under him today happened during his first missionary journey.

The tragedy of this whole thing is that most of the so called intellectuals who foisted this disaster on Nigerians actually witnessed the calamity that was his 1st coming. In fact, some of them were direct victims. Under decree 4 promulgated specifically to gag free press, Buhari jailed Tunde Thompson and Nduka Irabor for publishing stories he says were embarrassing to his regime. But in 2015, Tunde Thompson was in Buhari campaign team chanting #SaiBaba.

A tragic irony, isn't it?

Even before 2015 poll, there were clear signs signalling the disaster that this man has always been.

So,

How did Professors, PhD holders and highly lettered men/women convince themselves that an ex-treasonous dictator who failed woefully even with a loaded gun and a suspended constitution in his much younger age was the right man to fix a 21st century Nigeria under a democracy with its attendant bureaucratic bottleneck

Just how

He (Buhari) didn't initiate even a single economic program during his time as head of state.

For over 3 decades that he was out of power, he did absolutely nothing to improve himself in anyway. He never run any business except his 150 legendary homosexual cows. He delivered no lecture. Wrote no book and organised no workshop even if it is on islamization and Fulanization -his forte. He made no attempt to contribute to the society in any way.

All he did was come out every 4 years to contest, loose the election, engineer his minions to soak "Dogs and Baboons" in blood only to go back and wait for another 4 years.

In 2011, he contested on the platform of the defunct CPC which had only one state of Nassarawa, yet, he vehemently refused to concede defeat. Even when his supporters were killing Nigerians in a post election violence provoked by his pre-election utterances, Buhari rejected all effort by the govt of Jonathan to get him to halt the bloodshed by condemning the violence. In the end, over 800 Nigerians including youth corps members lay lifeless.

Yet,

Men who spent years suckling from the breast of knowledge swore that this same man was the political "Messiah" needed to gift Nigerians with Eldorado

How?

I've heard some ex-Buharists justify their Buharism by claiming that Jonathan's incompetence made Buhari an option. But I believe its only a foolish car owner that will knowingly replace his incompetent driver with an unlicensed one who doesn't know the position of the ignition key in the vehicle.

Education is supposed to equip one with the mental capacity to discern.

Yet, our Professors, Lawyers, Doctors and Academics all failed to discern the Buhari fraud -something Nkume my illiterate village clown was able to do successfully.

Could it be that our education is truly over-rated??

99 Likes 10 Shares

Re: IPMAN Threatens To Increase Petrol To N160 Per Litre by Alexgeneration(m): 3:04pm On Dec 03, 2017
He said, “We want members of the public to
know that we can no longer continue to sell
fuel at the government approved price. The
private depot owners sell a litre to us at a
price between N142 and N144 per litre, which
should be sold at N133.28. They got the
product from the NNPC at N117 per litre.
“We will transport the product from the depots
to our various stations and pay workers as
well as incur other expenses. So, how will
anybody expect us to continue to sell fuel to
consumers below the cost price?

Where are the regulators of this sector?

13 Likes

Re: IPMAN Threatens To Increase Petrol To N160 Per Litre by proeast(m): 3:04pm On Dec 03, 2017
They dont care about us!
Re: IPMAN Threatens To Increase Petrol To N160 Per Litre by 9jatatafo(m): 3:04pm On Dec 03, 2017
Which way naija
Re: IPMAN Threatens To Increase Petrol To N160 Per Litre by purem(m): 3:04pm On Dec 03, 2017
that moment when you're getting to a girl and make a post from the bottom of your heart and soul but yhu don't really know that you've already eat your breakfast without staying in touch with ya boss because the man yhu think his devil is even planing to buy boxers to compensate his loyalty because being a good person is not easy but to be reading a trash is very important

2 Likes

Re: IPMAN Threatens To Increase Petrol To N160 Per Litre by Ikwokrikwo: 3:04pm On Dec 03, 2017
Only in south wastè?

No problem.

They voted for the dullard

1 Like

Re: IPMAN Threatens To Increase Petrol To N160 Per Litre by ask4double(m): 3:05pm On Dec 03, 2017
A nation that can not refine her own crude in her own nation, Is that one a nation?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPMAN Threatens To Increase Petrol To N160 Per Litre by Gkay1(m): 3:05pm On Dec 03, 2017
una sure say dis country go better,
which way forward

1 Like

Re: IPMAN Threatens To Increase Petrol To N160 Per Litre by ajimotoke(m): 3:05pm On Dec 03, 2017
no no no we can't take this....in orubebe's voice

2 Likes

Re: IPMAN Threatens To Increase Petrol To N160 Per Litre by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 03, 2017
TruePass:
Buhari administration cheesy can it get any worse than this grin

Una the try oo shocked
Buhari don enter trouble, he is even the cause of your misfortune

1 Like

Re: IPMAN Threatens To Increase Petrol To N160 Per Litre by edlion57(m): 3:06pm On Dec 03, 2017
See una life... northerners are taking us backwards...ppl sw still blv dat der are more intelligent dan una

1 Like

Re: IPMAN Threatens To Increase Petrol To N160 Per Litre by emmanuelajimuda: 3:06pm On Dec 03, 2017
ok
Re: IPMAN Threatens To Increase Petrol To N160 Per Litre by livebullet(m): 3:06pm On Dec 03, 2017
Re: IPMAN Threatens To Increase Petrol To N160 Per Litre by jide82(m): 3:06pm On Dec 03, 2017
Fuel price to increase in Nigeria despite the fall in the pricr of crude oil in the world market. Buhari is realy working...

5 Likes

Re: IPMAN Threatens To Increase Petrol To N160 Per Litre by stefanweeks: 3:06pm On Dec 03, 2017
Mumu people
Re: IPMAN Threatens To Increase Petrol To N160 Per Litre by Nobody: 3:07pm On Dec 03, 2017
No choice really
Re: IPMAN Threatens To Increase Petrol To N160 Per Litre by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 03, 2017
Thank you brother.

Am not frustrated like most of the youth living in that Zoo.

Am lucky and blessed.

Peace yo grin
divicoded:

Buhari don enter trouble, he is even the cause of your misfortune
Re: IPMAN Threatens To Increase Petrol To N160 Per Litre by madone: 3:09pm On Dec 03, 2017
This is common to all our government.they re just about to start gathering funds for next election.its soo bad that in Nigeria leaders steal from the mass to enter office,steal to remain in office,then steal to leave office. That after they have made polices that will keep them stealing even after office.

3 Likes

Re: IPMAN Threatens To Increase Petrol To N160 Per Litre by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 03, 2017
By the time bubu is finished his zombies in 2023, they will remember the words of GEJ.

Dear God, please provide for all the families who didn't vote in this administration.

16 Likes

Re: IPMAN Threatens To Increase Petrol To N160 Per Litre by Tizzytayo(m): 3:09pm On Dec 03, 2017
desreek9:
sorry for derailing this thread but i cant keep calm, VIKINGS SEASON 5 IS OUT
wow so glad to hear that... I need to get mine asap
Re: IPMAN Threatens To Increase Petrol To N160 Per Litre by Nobody: 3:10pm On Dec 03, 2017
TruePass:
Thank you brother.

Am not frustrated like most of the youth living in that Zoo.

Peace yo grin

Not until you finish mourning the coward llamadi Cownu gringrin

1 Like

Re: IPMAN Threatens To Increase Petrol To N160 Per Litre by Nobody: 3:10pm On Dec 03, 2017
jide82:
Fuel price to increase in Nigeria despite the fall in the pricr of crude oil in the world market. Buhari is realy working...

Well, if you want fuel prices to come down, you have to take a big fat loan, or hope oil goes up to $120 per barrel...because that is where Nigeria needs it to meet needs....including increasing subsidies.$60 is not enough...and we have lost so much in revenue with the oil price crash from July 2014....that we have to pay off debts...including those taken before bubu took office.

We also need 4 more refineries, plus our current refineries working at full capacity , plus Dangote's own.

Deregulation is the answer. GEJ, for all his faults got that. But we nigerians and our desire for cheap fuel...

8 Likes

Re: IPMAN Threatens To Increase Petrol To N160 Per Litre by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 03, 2017
Am not in any political shit.

Making more money is my priority grin

I like to enjoy life cos is short.

Sorry for your life cheesy

Pray n work hard u might be balling like me someday.

Peace Yo
divicoded:

Not until you finish mourning the coward llamadi Cownu gringrin

8 Likes

Re: IPMAN Threatens To Increase Petrol To N160 Per Litre by farihafaheemah(m): 3:13pm On Dec 03, 2017
[quote author=Alexgeneration post=62943515]He said, “We want members of the public to
know that we can no longer continue to sell
fuel at the government approved price. The
private depot owners sell a litre to us at a
price between N142 and N144 per litre, which
should be sold at N133.28. They got the
product from the NNPC at N117 per litre.

“We will transport the product from the depots
to our various stations and pay workers as
well as incur other expenses. So, how will

anybody expect us to continue to sell fuel to
consumers below the cost price?

Where are the regulators of this sector?
Where is DPR official. The question is begging for an answer

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Kills Over 40 Boko Haram Militants In Damaturu Clash / Senator Florence Ita Giwa Turns 69 Today - Happy Birthday To Her / Army Reacts To Borno, Katsina Attack: 'We’ll Punish Those Behind These Killings’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.