Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,271 members, 7,780,605 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:30 PM

NYSC: Avoid Unnecessary Journey – DG To Corps Members - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC: Avoid Unnecessary Journey – DG To Corps Members (20233 Views)

Dg To Corps Members: Nothing Like Two Weeks Leave After Camp / Be An Entrepreneur Like Tony Elumelu – Akpabio To Corps Members / We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC: Avoid Unnecessary Journey – DG To Corps Members by Yarnvibes(f): 8:43am On Dec 03, 2017
​Corps Members have been advised not to embark on any journey that may lead them into trouble or unpleasant experiences during the service year.

NYSC Director-General, Brigadier General Sulaiman Kazaure, stated this today while addressing 2017 Batch ‘B’ Stream One Corps Members at Enugu and Abia State Orientation Camps respectively.

He, however urged them to follow the laid down procedures in the NYSC Scheme if there are genuine reasons to travel.

The Director-General added that NYSC Management would not undermine the safety and welfare of any Corps Member.

Kazaure also advised them to serve as good ambassadors of their families and the NYSC in their places of primary assignments and host communities.

Speaking further, the DG admonished the Corps Members to participate actively in all camp activities adding that the Orientation Programme is the bedrock for a successful service year.

“Avoid unnecessary journey, seek permission and follow due process from your employer up to the NYSC”.

‘If you want to organise night party, let it take place within your lodge and remember that you are not above the law as Corps Members,” Kazaure said.

While briefing the Director-General on Camp situation, Enugu State Coordinator, Alhaji Ikaka Ahmed, said hoodlums recently attacked the camp while some equipments were carted away.

He added that the Camp depends on power generating sets as the only source of power while he commended the GOC 82 Div. Nigerian Army for assisting the Camp with water tankers.

Ikaka also lamented lack of utility vehicles that would ease prompt discharge of official engagements.

Abia State Coordinator, Mrs Francesca Ifon, told General Kazaure that the Corps Members have been co-opted into various Camp Committees and were well-behaved.

She appealed for more assistance from the State Government for NYSC programmes in the State.

http://fabinfos.com/nysc-avoid-unnecessary-journey-dg-corps-members/

Lalasticlala Dominique Ishilove Mynd44

Re: NYSC: Avoid Unnecessary Journey – DG To Corps Members by NwaAmaikpe: 8:47am On Dec 03, 2017
shocked
Re: NYSC: Avoid Unnecessary Journey – DG To Corps Members by BruncleZuma: 9:20am On Dec 03, 2017
grin grin grin grin

But you want the Maiduguri camp to be reopened...uncle which journey pass that one?

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC: Avoid Unnecessary Journey – DG To Corps Members by kay29000(m): 9:20am On Dec 03, 2017
Okay.

I had so much fun during my NYSC. Sweet memories.
Re: NYSC: Avoid Unnecessary Journey – DG To Corps Members by Flexherbal(m): 9:20am On Dec 03, 2017
Very necessary:

“Avoid unnecessary journey, seek permission and follow due process from your employer up to the NYSC”.
Re: NYSC: Avoid Unnecessary Journey – DG To Corps Members by eazyjakes(m): 9:22am On Dec 03, 2017
Even the nysc journey itself is unneccessary!

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC: Avoid Unnecessary Journey – DG To Corps Members by Nobody: 9:23am On Dec 03, 2017
While unnecessary journey increase the risks exposure, let us not forget the root cause of a majority of the road accidents in Nigeria.

GOVERNMENT SHOULD FIX THE ROADS!

He shouldn't try to shy away from the fact that a lot of Corpers have been involved in horrible road accidents caused mainly by bad roads and over speeding. The root cause of horrible road accidents experienced in Nigeria is not because the reasons for travel are unnecessary. If he wants to hide it and say it as an undertone, we will help him bring it out. Please get this into you right now. So if I travel without permission, I should die? And why do you think what you see as unnecessary isn't necessary to me? A sort of cognitive dissonance if you ask me.

The roads are bad. In that same bus with the Corp members are people traveling for various other important meetings, seminars, business transactions etc. They all get injuries or die from these accidents.

Tell the government to take Road Safety more seriously. They should fix the terrible roads, put up appropriate road safety measures and punish offenders.

8 Likes

Re: NYSC: Avoid Unnecessary Journey – DG To Corps Members by Super1759: 9:23am On Dec 03, 2017
Is he sayiNo they won't post Corper into the remote parts where the journey is not necessary?
Re: NYSC: Avoid Unnecessary Journey – DG To Corps Members by jericco1(m): 9:26am On Dec 03, 2017
oloshos them no go hear

2 Likes

Re: NYSC: Avoid Unnecessary Journey – DG To Corps Members by kidman96(m): 9:26am On Dec 03, 2017
shocked
Re: NYSC: Avoid Unnecessary Journey – DG To Corps Members by collitexnaira(m): 9:28am On Dec 03, 2017
He should just shut up, we 2016 Batch B corpers re being owed 2 months allawee nd he is doing nothing about it

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Avoid Unnecessary Journey – DG To Corps Members by Nobody: 9:29am On Dec 03, 2017
grin
Re: NYSC: Avoid Unnecessary Journey – DG To Corps Members by deco22(m): 9:29am On Dec 03, 2017
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

But you want the Maiduguri camp to be reopened...uncle which journey pass that one?
grin

4 Likes

Re: NYSC: Avoid Unnecessary Journey – DG To Corps Members by Mufasa27(m): 9:30am On Dec 03, 2017
Especially those girls dem wey dey always find preek upandan sad

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Avoid Unnecessary Journey – DG To Corps Members by philfearon(m): 9:30am On Dec 03, 2017
Currently at the NYSC camp, Dakingari, Kebbi State...
The facilities here are great...

2 Likes

Re: NYSC: Avoid Unnecessary Journey – DG To Corps Members by SalamRushdie: 9:33am On Dec 03, 2017
NYSC itself is an unnecessary journey

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Avoid Unnecessary Journey – DG To Corps Members by jolyment: 9:33am On Dec 03, 2017
collitexnaira:
He should just shut up, we 2016 Batch B corpers re being owed 2 months allawee nd he is doing nothing about it

Ask Buhari for your money.
Re: NYSC: Avoid Unnecessary Journey – DG To Corps Members by LordAA(m): 9:35am On Dec 03, 2017
Oloshos take note
Re: NYSC: Avoid Unnecessary Journey – DG To Corps Members by Lexusgs430: 9:36am On Dec 03, 2017
kay29000:
Okay.

I had so much fun during my NYSC. Sweet memories.

Hope you married one of your fellow campers/corpers?
Re: NYSC: Avoid Unnecessary Journey – DG To Corps Members by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 03, 2017
If that’s the case, he should hurry up and announce B16 stream 2 POP date and he should ensure it falls in December. It won’t make sense making it in January and making corps member go back to their respective service states after the Christmas break just for POP.

5 Likes

Re: NYSC: Avoid Unnecessary Journey – DG To Corps Members by ahamonyeka(m): 9:40am On Dec 03, 2017
Tell them,especially the slay queens.
Re: NYSC: Avoid Unnecessary Journey – DG To Corps Members by emmybernard(m): 9:41am On Dec 03, 2017
When it's De Gea that's stopping you from achieving your goals in life, my brother change destiny
Happy Sunday

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC: Avoid Unnecessary Journey – DG To Corps Members by tosyne2much(m): 9:43am On Dec 03, 2017
When will the DG ever address the issue of delay in payment of alawi?

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Avoid Unnecessary Journey – DG To Corps Members by kay29000(m): 9:44am On Dec 03, 2017
H
Lexusgs430:

Hope you married one of your fellow campers/corpers?

Nope. But two of my friends from camp got married a few years after service. I was there when they met.
Re: NYSC: Avoid Unnecessary Journey – DG To Corps Members by Lexusgs430: 9:46am On Dec 03, 2017
kay29000:
H

Nope. But two of my friends from camp got married a few years after service. I was there when they met.

Haba, nah only looking you do + witnessing?

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Avoid Unnecessary Journey – DG To Corps Members by wunmi590(m): 9:51am On Dec 03, 2017
If you post them close to their state, honestly speaking non of the corps members would be going unnecessary journey.

I could remember what I went through too during my service year, from Lagos to Akwa Ibom, but God really got me.

God would continue to protect present and incoming corpers IJN

3 Likes

Re: NYSC: Avoid Unnecessary Journey – DG To Corps Members by kay29000(m): 9:53am On Dec 03, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Haba, nah only looking you do + witnessing?

Lol! I did a lot of activities in za oza room. Lol!
Re: NYSC: Avoid Unnecessary Journey – DG To Corps Members by Fabulouski(m): 9:54am On Dec 03, 2017
Dem slay kings and Queens nor go hear.
Naso female corpers go de fly upandan because of preek n money
Re: NYSC: Avoid Unnecessary Journey – DG To Corps Members by Amosjaj(m): 9:54am On Dec 03, 2017
Fvck Buhari

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nysc Reschedules Date For Batch C Online Registration / Corper From Lagos State Dies In Kebbi / Date for 2021 Batch A [Stream 1] POP on NYSC 2022 Calendar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.