Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME (19387 Views)

Nigerian Man Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Malaysia For Drug Trafficking / Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy / Hundreds of Nigerians Sentenced On False Marriages! Must Read: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by EreluY(f): 2:01am On Mar 29, 2010
Recently, I raised this issue, and myself and the thread created were adjudged bigoted. Today, it has been reported on this same site, though on another thread (https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-439215.0.html ) that the underlisted, ALL OF THEM IGBOS, are either awaiting execution or serving life jail sentences in Indonesia. Are you guys now willing to repent and swallow your words?

1. Kingsley Okonkwo
2. Michael Titus Igwe (Real name-Izuchukwu F. Ezimoha)
3. Uchenna Cajethan Onyenworo
4. Ekperedike S. Olekama,
5. Adam Wilson (real name-Emmanuel Okari)
6. Hillary K. Chimezie
7. Eugene Ape
8. Humphery Ejike
9. Okwudili Ayotaeze
10. Obinna Nwajiagu
11. Daniel Enemuo
12. Fredrick Lutter (Real name-Benjamin Obiora)
13. Sylvester Nwaolisa
14. Gabriel Nnadi
15. Dennis Anumona
16. Ikenna Ezenwune
17. Stephen Rashid
18. Joseph Ndaba
19. Ken Michael
20. Obinna George

=================================================================================

SHENZHEN: A Nigerian man received the death penalty Tuesday in Dongguan, Guangdong province, after being convicted of drug trafficking. Experts say it is the first case in the southern manufacturing city in which a foreigner has received a death sentence for drug trafficking.

His sentence was handed down from the Guangdong Higher People's Court. The execution still needs the review and final approval of the Supreme People's Court.

Osonwa Okey Noberts, 37, was found trading nearly 6 kg drugs to Chinese drug dealers at his rented apartment in Baiyun district of Guangzhou from February to April 2008, according to the investigation.

"Osonwa Okey Noberts took the drugs from the suppliers and sold them to the lower-tier buyers in China. The amount of heroin reached 5,978.1 grams. He deserves the most severe punishment," said a press release by the Intermediate People's Court of Dongguan, where the final verdict was announced.

Zhang Dongxiang, the 27-year-old Chinese girlfriend of Noberts, received a death sentence with a two-year reprieve for assisting the illegal trade.

They lived together starting in July 2007 but when she discovered almost six months later that the Nigerian was trafficking drugs, she rented another room next to their apartment to facilitate the trading and provided necessary help.

Two other Chinese drug dealers, Wu Xianjun and Jiang Xuzhi, also received death sentences with two-year reprieves for drug trafficking and employing people for the illegal activities. Policemen found guns and bullets in their homes when they were arrested in April 2008.

The Guangdong Higher People's Court upheld the convictions of the first trial at the Dongguan Intermediate People's Court in June last year but reduced the sentences on four of the convicts after taking into consideration their appeals, the report said.

According to China's criminal law, trafficking of more than 50 grams of heroin can warrant the death penalty.

Official statistics showed that drug trafficking by foreigners is becoming rampant in Guangdong.

Four foreigners, along with five other suspects, have been in custody since they were caught in Shenzhen for allegedly smuggling 144.5 kg of heroin from Pakistan in September 2009.

The Guangzhou Intermediate People's Court heard eight drug-trafficking cases, involving nine Africans, were involved, in November 2008. Eight received a stay of execution, while the ninth person was sentenced to life imprisonment.

Source:China Daily (http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90001/90777/90855/6915525.html )

[b]Whenever you hear this kind of news, before you hear the name of the perpetrator, one can always bet it's an Igbo name. Why is this very very predominant amongst the Igbos lads and lasses. Traditionally, I respect the Igbos for their industriousness and creativity, but what's happening these days?

Who's Who in the Drug Peddling Hall of Shame.

1. Osonwa Okey Noberts, 37-year- old man (http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90001/90777/90855/6915525.html )

2. Ngozi Eneh, a 36-year-old mother of three (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8239390.stm )

3. Vivian Chioma Metu, a 39-year-old woman (http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/03/25/woman-39-conceals-1-5kg-of-heroine-inside-hair/ )

4. Stanley Nwanne Igbokaeze, a 47-year- old man (DOB 30 09 61) (http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsarticles/2009/july/nigerian-man-charged-in-drugs )

Please, feel free to add other names to this list, indicating your source(s).
[/b]
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by UcheUwadi(m): 2:06am On Mar 29, 2010
Will this become another Igbo bashing thread? No group has a monopoly on the dealing of drugs in Nigeria and among Nigerians abroad. This "Holier than thou" attitude really needs to stop. I mean come on, every society has their own bad apples. Do not allow one bad apple spoil the bunch.

For every one Igbo drug dealer, there is always a higher number of Igbo doctors, accountants, pharmacist, and investment bankers etc.

I have noticed a trend on Nairaland, every bad aspect of society is always blamed on the Ndi Igbo. 419, drug trafficking, kidnapping etc is always blamed on the Igbo.
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by metalgong5(m): 2:12am On Mar 29, 2010
@poster

Another imb.ecillic thread . . . Proundly name your tribe so that I would know where to start with you fool.
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by SEFAGO(m): 2:17am On Mar 29, 2010
metal-gong:

@poster

Another imb.ecillic thread . . . Proundly name your tribe so that I would know where to start with you fool.

UcheUwadi_:

Will this become another Igbo bashing thread? No group has a monopoly on the dealing of drugs in Nigeria and among Nigerians abroad. This "Holier than thou" attitude really needs to stop. I mean come on, every society has their own bad apples. Do not allow one bad apple spoil the bunch.

For every one Igbo drug dealer, there is always a higher number of Igbo doctors, accountants, pharmacist, and investment bankers etc.

I have noticed a trend on Nairaland, every bad aspect of society is always blamed on the Ndi Igbo. 419, drug trafficking, kidnapping etc is always blamed on the Igbo.

Its true though and common knowledge that the majority of drug dealers in china are nigerians specifically igbo. We should be thinking of how to rectify this- tribes aside.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by UcheUwadi(m): 2:26am On Mar 29, 2010
SEFAGO:

Its true though and common knowledge that the majority of drug dealers in china are nigerians specifically igbo. We should be thinking of how to rectify this- tribes aside.

I feel there is nothing to be rectified. Like I said previous, there will always be bad seeds in any society. If these Igbos choose to go to China and sell drugs, they should be prepared for the consequences. Everyone knows that China has strict drug enforcement laws. It is not like the information is not out there about the Chinese government. This is a non-issue, and this should not be used to label the Igbo ethnic group as drug dealers.

This is why I dislike people who speak in generalized terms. Generalizations are very dangerous when it paints a whole society in a negative light.
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by meexteriox(m): 11:06am On Mar 29, 2010
Your insinuations bagged in a suitcase of tribalistic tendencies erodes the intent of this thread.
Now, are you babbling about the illicit drug trade or the Igbo tribe?
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by marocguy(m): 11:19am On Mar 29, 2010
Drug dealn is always a lesser offence worldwide than mutallabing. Wot do u think?
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by hatch: 11:21am On Mar 29, 2010
@ OP

Good question indeed ? Without sentiments why is it usually this particular tribe that usually gets caught !  
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by justwise(m): 11:22am On Mar 29, 2010
@OP,

This is not abt the igbos, this is a Nigerian problem, you are starting what you can't finish, every tribe got their own problem.
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by marocguy(m): 11:35am On Mar 29, 2010
So far it can neva put nigeria on terroris state list,its still berra off,
At least d planes r safe with 20 igbo drugmen on board headn 2 new york,than one long bearded young man frm some where in nigeria headn 2 guantanamo bay.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by hatch: 11:41am On Mar 29, 2010
marocguy:

At least d planes r safe with 20 igbo drugmen on board headn 2 new york,than one long bearded young man frm some where in nigeria headn 2 guantanamo bay.

What a lame excuse to justify your drug trafficking life style undecided

So because drug trafficking is a lesser crime than Terrorism, we should join you in celebrating your brothers that are involved in it abi ?
After all who knows if it was the drugs that your brothers & sisters smuggled that Muttalab was High on and attempted to blow up the Detroit bound plane tongue
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by justwise(m): 12:39pm On Mar 29, 2010
hatch#:

What a lame excuse to justify your drug trafficking life style undecided

So because drug trafficking is a lesser crime than Terrorism, we should join you in celebrating your brothers that are involved in it abi ?
After all who knows if it was the drugs that your brothers & sisters smuggled that Muttalab was High on and attempted to blow up the Detroit bound plane tongue

And now you are blaming drug for your brothers attempt to blow up innocent pple in the name of religion? In that case he took that drug in Yemen, not in Nigeria or China
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by Fhemmmy: 12:43pm On Mar 29, 2010
Inasmuch as it seems like a nice info, i think trying to make it an all exclusive igbo trade has killed the fun of the thread.
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by Nobody: 1:05pm On Mar 29, 2010
Let's not deceive ourselves because we are trying to be 'politically correct'. We are all aware that certain ethnic groups possess virtual monopolies on certain sectors of organised crime.

Igbo = drug pushing

Yoruba = card fraud, yahooze, general 419   grin  (Yorubas too have extensive drug trafficking networks a la the Isale Eko connection)

Malo = street begging (almajirci) suicide bombing, perpetration of violent religious conflict as a means of political control, divine authority stealing (in the name of religion, like, 'Allah put him there, it is Allah's will' when everyone knows the dude in question is incompetent, at the same time busy stealing his people blind)

Edo = Commercial 'to.to' industry (Italo, Central European theatre of operations) grin

Feel free to bash me all you want, as long as we cannot examine ourselves objectively because we are politically correct, we cant even start solving the existing problems.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by justwise(m): 1:08pm On Mar 29, 2010
ziddy:

Let's not deceive ourselves because we are trying to be 'politically correct'. We are all aware that certain ethnic groups possess virtual monopolies on certain sectors of organised crime.
Igbo = drug pushing
Yoruba = card fraud, yahooze, general 419 grin (Yorubas too have extensive drug trafficking networks a la the Isale Eko connection)
Malo = street begging (almajirci) suicide bombing, perpetration of violent religious conflict as a means of political control, divine authority stealing (in the name of religion, like, 'Allah put him there, it is Allah's will' when everyone knows the dude in question is incompetent, at the same time busy stealing his people blind)Edo = Commercial 'to.to' industry (Italo, Central Europian theatre of operations)
Feel free to bash me all you want, as long as we cannot examine ourselves objectively because we are politically correct, we cant even start solving the existing problems.

More balanced view and i totally agree with u.
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by Eziachi: 1:09pm On Mar 29, 2010
hatch#:

@ OP

Good question indeed ? Without sentiments why is it usually this particular tribe that usually gets caught !  

Below in the bolded is what you said in another thread about Igbo identity:

Nairalanders will fight over anything and just about everything  
A man talks about how he wants to be identified and all these jobless clowns can do is argue about it.  
Ikwerre ko, Igbo Ni .  

In that thread, your argument and those that reason like you was that Ikwerre people of Igbo land are not Igbo irrespective of the fact that they speaks Igbo, has Igbo names etc and you used every jargon to justified your evil arguement. Now something bad is mentioned about Igbo, you no longer can say Igbo NI Igbo KO!.

And here you are too quick to conclude that Nigerian drug traffickers are Igbo’s, and  how possibly did you reach you conclusion, maybe they bears what you understood to be Igbo name. In one breath you called Ikwerre people non Igbo even though they have full Igbo identity just to suit your quest to divide Igbo people, but in another threat you jumped ship and call a drug trafficker an Igbo because, you have now accept the same identity you use to deny Ikwerre as part of Igbo nation.  Do you see how hypocrite and wicked people like you argue but they tend to give themselves away too easily.

Chukwuma Nzeogwu led a coup in 1966- An abomination people like you called it, Nzeogwu is an Igbo man, Igbo’s deserve to die for the sin of their son or son. Then turn another page, oil well is found where Nzeogwu hailed from, Nzeogwu’s town is no longer part of Igbo, he is part of no one had ever used in Geography except in Nigeria- South South.

Mind you, Igbos or anyone with Igbo name are not always synonymous with drug trafficking, if you doubt me, go and ask General Buhari/Gov Idiagbon who was the first and the last Nigeria executed at Bar Beach in Lagos with firing squared for Drug trafficking? They are Bernard Ogedengbe,  Lawal Ojuolape and Bartholomew Owo. You see not everyone has short memory or pick and choose memory like you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by Nobody: 1:12pm On Mar 29, 2010
marocguy:

marocguy:

Drug dealn is always a lesser offence worldwide than mutallabing. Wot do u think?
choosing the lesser of two evil here is not going to solve the problem.its better to condemn crimes without sentiments.as you can see,one of the condition the US gave nigerian government to ensure its delistment from the list of terrorist sponsoring country is TO CONDEMN ANY ACT OF TERRORISM ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD IT MAY HAPPEN.drug peddling is not limited to igbo alone,therefore,we all must condemn it
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by bkbabe97: 1:15pm On Mar 29, 2010
Well, I think all we gotta do is pray for our drug dealing Ibo brethrens. I mean, what else are we supposed to do? Its like its in they blood to do anything for money. I still aint never came across a more dubious group of people. All they need is our love, maybe with that they'll see the horrors of their ways and stop all they evil criminal acts!!!
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by uktrader: 1:20pm On Mar 29, 2010
Yet another country trying to get rid of their Nigerian populations.  

There is not many countries left that Nigerians are welcomed.

Nigerians + host country = Many problems plus crime

I feel sorry for the 27 year old Chinese lady. If only  she did meet this low life Nigerian she would still have her free life.  
Undesirable Nigerians stay away from China.
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by justwise(m): 1:24pm On Mar 29, 2010
bk/babe97:

Well, I think all we gotta do is pray for our drug dealing Ibo brethrens. I mean, what else are we supposed to do? Its like its in they blood to do anything for money. I still aint never came across a more dubious group of people. All they need is our love, maybe with that they'll see the horrors of their ways and stop all they evil criminal acts!!!

You must be hanging around drug dealers alot
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by justwise(m): 1:26pm On Mar 29, 2010
uktrader:

I feel sorry for the 27 year old Chinese lady. If only she did meet this low life Nigerian she would still have her free life.

And the low life British pple are the consumers, the customers, if pple like you don't take drug then drig dealers will run out of business.
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by bkbabe97: 1:27pm On Mar 29, 2010
@justwise

Really? The bolded statement gives the impression that I hang around drug dealers? Guess what St. . .upid, almost every non-Nigerian ever heard or came across  yall says the same thing, so I guess the bolded applies to them too?
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by Nobody: 1:31pm On Mar 29, 2010
uktrader:

I feel sorry for the 27 year old Chinese lady. If only  she did meet this low life Nigerian she would still have her free life.  
how do you come about your username 'uktrader' are you a baron?
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by justwise(m): 1:31pm On Mar 29, 2010
bk/babe97:

@justwise

Really? The bolded statement gives the impression that I hang around drug dealers? Guess what St. . .upid, almost every non-Nigerian ever heard or came across  yall says the same thing, so I guess the bolded applies to them too?

Every non-Nigerian may say that SOME Nigerian are dubious and NOT every igbo man is dubious, get the different miss?
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by bkbabe97: 1:36pm On Mar 29, 2010
trust me on this one, 99% will say "IBOS are DubIOUS". its a known fact the world ova
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by naijaswag1: 1:37pm On Mar 29, 2010
Its better for the Igbos to continue to do drugs rather than involve themselves in acts of terrorism.Are the Igbos worse than the Mexicans drug barons that have become elusive to the famous Americans in their backyard?
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by justwise(m): 1:41pm On Mar 29, 2010
bk/babe97:

trust me on this one, 99% will say "IBOS are DubIOUS". its a known fact the world ova

No, i can't trust you on that cos you are talking rubbish. Where did you get ur figure from? Did you conduct any investigation?
Some of you tribalistic numpties come up with all sorts of figures just out of ur dead brain.
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by Nobody: 1:47pm On Mar 29, 2010
naija_swag:

Its better for the Igbos to continue to do drugs rather than involve themselves in acts of terrorism.Are the Igbos worse than the Mexicans drug barons that have become elusive to the famous Americans in their backyard?
gone are those days when terrorism was the centre of attraction but nowadays,drug-peddling is receiving a much more attention that may have surpassed that of terrorism.fyi,fbi most wanted man eduardo rodriguez is a drug-peddler who is more notorious than bin laden.so stop trying to justify igbo involvement in drug by contrasting it with terrorism.
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by uktrader: 2:19pm On Mar 29, 2010
I was wondering what Nigeria contribute to the world economy. Now we know with the extensive list below.

Keep up with the good work. Nigeria demise is very soon.

ziddy:

Igbo = drug pushing

Yoruba = card fraud, yahooze, general 419   grin  (Yorubas too have extensive drug trafficking networks a la the Isale Eko connection)

Malo = street begging (almajirci) suicide bombing, perpetration of violent religious conflict as a means of political control, divine authority stealing (in the name of religion, like, 'Allah put him there, it is Allah's will' when everyone knows the dude in question is incompetent, at the same time busy stealing his people blind)

Edo = Commercial 'to.to' industry (Italo, Central European theatre of operations) grin

Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by mafioso2(m): 2:26pm On Mar 29, 2010
ziddy:

Igbo = drug pushing

Why u dey Fall our Babes hand now @ least i prefer to.to industry than doing drugs, grin
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by justwise(m): 2:29pm On Mar 29, 2010
uktrader:

I was wondering what Nigeria contribute to the world economy. Now we know with the extensive list below.

Keep up with the good work. Nigeria demise is very soon.

Nigeria has taught the rest of the world how not to be greedy, don't claim lottery money u did not play, don't give strangers your bank details in order to get 10% of the stolen money. Nigeria has also proved to the rest of the world that for every ten 419ner there is also ten greedy/thieve European/American. .etc You see what Nigeria has single handly contributed?
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by Sagamite(m): 2:30pm On Mar 29, 2010
uktrader:

Another of the moronic, self-degenerative statements.

Which countries can you list that are trying to get rid of their Nigerian population?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naledi Pandor Receives Threats After ICJ Genocide Case Against Israel / Russian Troops Attack Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant In Ukraine, Sparking Fire / Canada Wildfires: Millions Advised To Mask Up Due To Intense Smoke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.