Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,771 members, 7,798,577 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:18 AM

Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya (68908 Views)

D.K. Olukoya's 2018 Prophecies And The Way Out / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by dermmy(m): 3:18pm On Dec 03, 2017
ShafebProperty:
For dose saying tithe isn't compulsory, you can go read
Malachi 3 V 8 to 12

Lolzzzz. Which planet u dey live Mr man?
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by MuttleyLaff: 3:18pm On Dec 03, 2017
felifeli:
" There is nowhere in the Bible where it is written that tithing and giving offering is compulsory.
But if you want to trust God with your finances you should even strive to do more than the tithe "

This was a part of the message of the G.O of MFM Ministries this morning at the international headquarters .

My own words:
So, what do you say scoffers? If you like chop nkwobi and Isi ewu and gulder with your money, if you like give it to your church . The choice is your. God no get address and no bank account.

Seun:
He needs the source.
Did you attend the service?

subcbouy:
What exactly did he say? You are part of the church problem.
Give whole transcript message, not just sentence.
Or you refer people to where they can listen to the message. Shalom

goldbim:
Big lie! I was there and what he said was God won't force you to pay tithe
but those that are doing it know why they pay it..
even some pay 25/50/90 percent tithes!!
Please, nobody should misinterprete Dr Olukoyas word!!!
The moderator or whoever pushed this to front page
should have known that people are just as bad, as those fake news bloggers, and so will post anything to make front page

Should have waited for the source to see the transcript or confirm via link to watch the video of him and the exact words used
Not all these hearsay, made-up story or twisting what the man actually said just to give it undue interest
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Petik8(m): 3:18pm On Dec 03, 2017
felifeli:
" There is nowhere in the Bible where it is written that tithing and giving offering is compulsory .But if you want to trust God with your finances you should even strive to do more than the tithe "

This was a part of the message of the G.O of MFM Ministries this morning at the international headquarters .

My own words:
So, what do you say scoffers? If you like chop nkwobi and Isi ewu and gulder with your money, if you like give it to your church . The choice is your. God no get address and no bank account.
haba boss u no complete d message nw
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by ogboginy: 3:19pm On Dec 03, 2017
it is a matter of choice and believe.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Edu3Again: 3:19pm On Dec 03, 2017
plessis:
Why is nobody talking about salvation again?....

Tithes has taken over the message.
God dey use Freeze open our eyes to this

1 Like

Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by OBAGADAFFI: 3:19pm On Dec 03, 2017
crafteck:

I don't go, i stopped cos i saw the nonsense going on years ago, unlike most people, i question what im taught and ive found all nigerian churches of late wanting.

So youou don't go and you're angry with those going, that is begrudging .

Fallacy and false prophets aren't limited to Nigeria, every country got thier share of troubles.

1 Like

Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Dutchey(m): 3:19pm On Dec 03, 2017
Billyonaire:
Even if it was Jehovah that commanded that I pay tithe to Pastors, then Jehovah has no idea that our Pastors are now thieves, so I will disobey Jehovah and take my 'money' and give to my family members. When there are no more family members in need, I will continue to extend my assistance to every poor person around me as I always have.

I have never paid tithe, and I will never tithe, but I will continue to give what I can spare, to those who need it and ask for it.

thats why u will die in poverty
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by miketayo(m): 3:21pm On Dec 03, 2017
finally a pastor that isnt proud
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by colossus91(m): 3:21pm On Dec 03, 2017
and I still wonder why thanksgiving is fixed for a first or last Sunday of a month..?.oh maybe salary would have entered..my thought tho grin
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by kristen12(f): 3:22pm On Dec 03, 2017
I love Dr Olukoya sooo much and I've been waiting for him to talk about it. I wish I went to church today embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by chronique(m): 3:23pm On Dec 03, 2017
Lol. It's Olukoya Vs Adeboye, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, and the rest.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by miketayo(m): 3:23pm On Dec 03, 2017
Dutchey:

lamest comment 2017... none of the top 100 richest ppl tithe? even the richest man in ur country didnt tithe..

continue tithing and forget about ur salvation, cos christianity is all about money ryt?
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 03, 2017
Without tithing churches will not exist.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by obyrich(m): 3:23pm On Dec 03, 2017
Yes. It is not compulsory.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by crafteck(m): 3:24pm On Dec 03, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

So youou don't go and you're angry with those going, that is begrudging .

Fallacy and false prophets aren't limited to Nigeria, every country got thier share of troubles.

not angry, everyone is allowed to go to Shoprite naaa, its their palava, they pay money and are sold prayers, water, jackets, oils, rosaries and promises that they would have it all, they are sold false hope
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by crafteck(m): 3:24pm On Dec 03, 2017
kristen12:
I love Dr Olukoya sooo much and I've been waiting for him to talk about it. I wish I went to church today embarassed embarassed
Hes just a man.. Love God

2 Likes

Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by crafteck(m): 3:25pm On Dec 03, 2017
Dutchey:

See rich man

1 Like

Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by virus05(m): 3:25pm On Dec 03, 2017
PaChukwudi44:
Thank you sir for saying the truth.

I don't understand, what truth?. Did any pastor say it is compulsory before?
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 03, 2017
Michhy123:
We all know that God doesn't have bank account, but do u at some point ask yourself where money is taken to build the church, beautify the place of worship, some of us can't stay in church without air-conditioning.... How about the chairs... I think the tithing is the mentality........ Tithing works for me and I'm asking God for more to step up...
what stops the churches from asking for donations with clear objectives for what the money is needed for? Churches this days will ask you for tithing and two offerings now they've added first fruit and seed faith. What's all that for? I have worked in a church and seen with my own eyes what they use your money for. In one Sunday my pastors wife made me go to genesis with drop like 3 times just to get her fried chicken and ice cream, three good times in a day! 10k gone! And when the offerings for the Sunday is below average they hold secret meetings and discuss on how to raise the offering next Sunday. My dear a've seen it all, been there, no one told me what they do with the money you manage to squeeze out.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by IMASTEX: 3:26pm On Dec 03, 2017
Mintayo:
The devil is using this tithe thing to distract people, and it is unfortunate that so many people especially Christians are falling for it. The more important thing , which is the salvation of our soul is being neglected.
Most people saying they do not tithe are not even born again, yet they claim they give to the poor - which will not also save anybody.
You can tithe all you want, you can also decide not to tithe - but if you are not born again, if you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal saviour, then you are just wasting your time - you are condemned already. So all this buhahaa about tithe is just a distraction.
This is the message of Jesus Christ.
Salvation!!! Unfortunately, this message is hardly heard in churches this days. A choir member can even fornicate with an usher & still feel at ease to minister in church. Let alone other none believers. The idea now is tell your members what they wish to hear to keep the church population intact & numbers growing and of course make more money.

1 Like

Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Samtob90(m): 3:29pm On Dec 03, 2017
An2elect2:
Hehehehe Christians shouldn't tithe at all.

"Tithing isnt compulsory" is like saying "The law isn't compulsory" Law is law for a reason. If you are under a law you must abide by it and in some cases to the letter. There is no "if you like" with the law. You break it you face punishment. That's why Christ came to free us from not only the punishment but also from the demands of the law.

Before now. The truth was: CHRISTIANS ARE NOT TO TITHE BUT GIVE WHATEVER THEY ARE WILLING TO GIVE

Lying ministers shouted the exact opposite of the truth from their pulpits: TITHING IS COMPULSORY AND OFFENDERS ARE INCURRING GOD'S WRATH

Then a man came to challenge them with the bible. He won a lot of people over

Proud lying ministers couldnt take it and got worse in preaching the opposite of the truth. They were no longer convincing.

So shy lying ministers (the devil's second try to keep people enslaved) like this come forward for the first time ever(what have they been doing since?) to "challenge" the obvious lie with subtle lie or is it a levelling ground lie saying: TITHING IS NOT COMPULSORY.

Who is the devil trying to swindle with this lie? When did a law become not compulsory?

I want to believe your school fees are paid from the proceed of tithe. Is tithe among the 10 commandments? Go to Jesus teaching in Mathew 5 or where it was made a law
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by kristen12(f): 3:29pm On Dec 03, 2017
crafteck:

Hes just a man.. Love God
It's not your business who I decide to love tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by GodsMopol: 3:31pm On Dec 03, 2017
plessis:
Why is nobody talking about salvation again?....

The thing taya me, why is no one talking about salvation again
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by micgray100(m): 3:31pm On Dec 03, 2017
I believe more minister of God should sheid more light on the tithe issue..

Register your Limited Liability company for just 85k..

See my signature trend to see testimonies from fellow Nairalanders..
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by virus05(m): 3:32pm On Dec 03, 2017
Mintayo:
The devil is using this tithe thing to distract people, and it is unfortunate that so many people especially Christians are falling for it. The more important thing , which is the salvation of our soul is being neglected.
Most people saying they do not tithe are not even born again, yet they claim they give to the poor - which will not also save anybody.
You can tithe all you want, you can also decide not to tithe - but if you are not born again, if you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal saviour, then you are just wasting your time - you are condemned already. So all this buhahaa about tithe is just a distraction.
This is the message of Jesus Christ.

I'm a Christian but I don't tithe. I think I have to start tithing from now. God help me
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by smartleo(m): 3:32pm On Dec 03, 2017
Seun:
He needs the source. Did you attend the service?
m
Yes G.O said it,I attended the service
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by kpolli(m): 3:34pm On Dec 03, 2017
An2elect2:
Hehehehe Christians shouldn't tithe at all.

"Tithing isnt compulsory" is like saying "The law isn't compulsory" Law is law for a reason. If you are under a law you must abide by it and in some cases to the letter. There is no "if you like" with the law. You break it you face punishment. That's why Christ came to free us from not only the punishment but also from the demands of the law.

Before now. The truth was: CHRISTIANS ARE NOT TO TITHE BUT GIVE WHATEVER THEY ARE WILLING TO GIVE

Lying ministers shouted the exact opposite of the truth from their pulpits: TITHING IS COMPULSORY AND OFFENDERS ARE INCURRING GOD'S WRATH

Then a man came to challenge them with the bible. He won a lot of people over

Proud lying ministers couldnt take it and got worse in preaching the opposite of the truth. They were no longer convincing.

So shy lying ministers (the devil's second try to keep people enslaved) like this come forward for the first time ever(what have they been doing since?) to "challenge" the obvious lie with subtle lie or is it a levelling ground lie saying: TITHING IS NOT COMPULSORY.

Who is the devil trying to swindle with this lie? When did a law become not compulsory?

If Jesus came to free us from tithing why did He say He tithes on all His possession in Luke 18:12? My advise is that you do your research yourself and stop relying on people to teach you the word of God..... Tithing has never been compulsory, God has given us humans the choice to make our decisions so make yours wisely.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Dutchey(m): 3:35pm On Dec 03, 2017
miketayo:

lamest comment 2017... none of the top 100 richest ppl tithe? even the richest man in ur country didnt tithe..

continue tithing and forget about ur salvation, cos christianity is all about money ryt?
u carrying salvation, is ur heaven sure?
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 03, 2017
ShafebProperty:
For dose saying tithe isn't compulsory, you can go read
Malachi 3 V 8 to 12

Are u rettarded? How many times would they clatify this? Read the preceeding verse.

1 Like

Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by bolinjkezzy(m): 3:38pm On Dec 03, 2017
nairavsdollars:
Who takes the 10 percent? God or the Pastor?
God don't spend but pastors does.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by smartleo(m): 3:38pm On Dec 03, 2017
goldbim:
Big lie! I was there and what he said was God won't force you to pay tithe but those that are doing it know why they pay it..even some pay 25/50/90 percent tithes!! Please, nobody should misinterprete Dr Olukoyas word!!!
May be you were sleeping when he said there is no where in the bible that said tithe is compulsory and you woke up when he said that some people are paying 50,90 etc ......stop sleeping in church dear

3 Likes

Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by miketayo(m): 3:40pm On Dec 03, 2017
Dutchey:
u carrying salvation, is ur heaven sure?

by the grace of God yes... I knw my GOD(Jesus Christ), and i don't worship no pastor or practice wat Jesus didnt do

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Lagos Pastor Heals Mad Man On The Street (Photos) / I'm Richer Than Bill Gates - Pastor Adeboye / RCCG Lady Renounces Membership Because Of VP Osinbajo. See Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.