Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,550 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:48 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1277344 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 10:09am On Jan 20, 2018
Nazor83:

Abuja Centre dulling. Seems nothing from them yet.

Same thing happened to me too.l kept checking and checking.Finally it was on Monday if l remember clearly that my result was displayed on the portal and guess what a few hours after UPS arrived and called that they have a parcel for me.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by nkigirl: 10:17am On Jan 20, 2018
Hello guys.
1) I sent an email to CIC and I was told I am in London visa office. I believe there is a London WhatsApp group? Please is there a WhatsApp link to join?
2) My background check is still on IP1. Since 8th December. The only change to my profile was when "additional documents are being reviewed" changed to "we do not need additional documents". But still IP1.
I am just happy that I decided to check if I was moved to a visa office.
My question- shouldn't I be on NA2?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by olajide21: 10:24am On Jan 20, 2018
nkigirl:
Hello guys.
1) I sent an email to CIC and I was told I am in London visa office. I believe there is a London WhatsApp group? Please is there a WhatsApp link to join?
2) My background check is still on IP1. Since 8th December. The only change to my profile was when "additional documents are being reviewed" changed to "we do not need additional documents". But still IP1.
I am just happy that I decided to check if I was moved to a visa office.
My question- shouldn't I be on NA2?

Can you state exactly what your back groung check information states? The fact that your additional documents changes is also a good sign. At least your file is being attended to.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 10:41am On Jan 20, 2018
Your husband's NOC should be based on his work experience, not his degree except he studied a course like medicine or law and is practicing in same. Choose an NOC for sales and marketing, I believe you'd find it. His education and work experience does not have to match for him to be eligible except he is considering a PNP program like SINP as I learnt.
mrssam:
Hello everone. Great job here. My husband's NOC is botany and this occupation's employment requirement is a bachelor or masters degree in the profession. No mention is made of work experience. My husband has a masters in Botany but 5years plus work experience as a sales and marketing person . Will it be okay to go ahead ? Your answers will be of great help please. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by nkigirl: 11:45am On Jan 20, 2018
olajide21:

Can you state exactly what your back groung check information states? The fact that your additional documents changes is also a good sign. At least your file is being attended to.

It states "your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check"
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 11:49am On Jan 20, 2018
Dotcman:
Hello e family! This is for a friend who came to me for advise. She has written IELTS 4 times, but had a 7.5 listening again. Is it advisable for her to re write?
She's shattered right now. Please help

She's shattered because there's a big prize she fears is slipping out of her grip. Encourage her to write again please. She cannot come and go and give up now. Let her take some time to recover and read great testimonies that'll spur her on here, she'll certainly be motivated to try again

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Sezbaby: 11:55am On Jan 20, 2018
Just to say a big thank you to everyone that contributed to this forum. My family (Husband, wife and child) started this journey in September 2016, and the forum was very instrumental to our success.

To everyone that has just started or is planning to start, please don't waste your money on consultants. Read, Read and again read. All the information you need is here. Join the various whats app groups and in no time, you'll be an expert.

Lastly, to encourage people, see our timeline below

IELTS: September 2016
IQAS: September 2016
EE Profile Created: November 2016, with Husband as Principal Applicant and CRS 418
ITA: April 9th 2017 (5 months After)
Medicals: June 19th 2017
Application Submitted: July 9th 2017
Medicals Passed: July 21st, 2017

July to December 2017 : roughly 6 months (absolutely nothing happened. As in nothing. We just dey siddon look everyday)

January 4, 2018: ADR for POF (responded immediately) Changed to IP2
January 5, 2018: PPR (finally, just about 4 days to 6 months)

Passports delivered to Accra January 10th and approved, January 19th.
Awaiting pick up letter.

Been a long journey, but worth the wait.

If you're with the London visa office, i recommend you lift up your eyes to the hills, and just wait upon the Lord or whatever your faith trusts in (lol). Spend the time reading up on what you need to do post PPR, cos trust me, there is a lot to do if you want to land and integrate easily with minimal disruption to your livelihood and standard of living. Its not about your qualifications or anything but just basic stuff that make things like finding a job easier.

Will update when the pick up letter arrives.

FAQS:
1. We changed our passports during the process, i.e. different passports for EE and PR application. Wifey even changed her name from maiden to married. We explained in LOE and no issues.

2. I changed NOCS between EE and PR application (after ITA). Again, no issues, just explain with LOE and you should be fine.

3. We paid all Application and COPR fees upfront as recommended. (not compulsory though)

4. We uploaded all IQAS and IELTS (did not want stories that touch)

5. POF was savings account

6. We have had visa rejections before, so no issues there

7. We used our childs US passport. Visa will not be issued on approval but child will get COPR

Will update if i think of any other thing

Thanks and peace out

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by DadR: 11:59am On Jan 20, 2018
Congratulations to you and your family....

Sezbaby:
Just to say a big thank you to everyone that contributed to this forum. My family (Husband, wife and child) started this journey in September 2016, and the forum was very instrumental to our success.

To everyone that has just started or is planning to start, please don't waste your money on consultants. Read, Read and again read. All the information you need is here. Join the various whats app groups and in no time, you'll be an expert.

EE Profile Created: November 2016, with Husband as Principal Applicant and CRS 418

July to December 2017 : roughly 6 months (absolutely nothing happened. As in nothing. We just dey siddon look everyday)

Awaiting pick up letter.

If you're with the London visa office, i recommend you lift up your eyes to the hills, and just wait upon the Lord or whatever your faith trusts in (lol). Spend the time reading up on what you need to do post PPR, cos trust me, there is a lot to do if you want to land and integrate easily with minimal disruption to your livelihood and standard of living. Its not about your qualifications or anything but just basic stuff that make things like finding a job easier.

Thanks and peace out
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ray78: 12:06pm On Jan 20, 2018
CONGRATSSS !So so happy for you!God will always show up.Delay is never denial.Welcome to the club
Yewwygraceful:
Praise the Lord, deliverance has finally come from London. Its PPR.

AOR - July 20th 2017
Med Pass/IP1- July 28th 2017
NA2 - July 29th
File transfer to London - September 20th 2017
IP2 - January 17th 2018
PPR - January 18th 2018

Thought of a lot of things but I am speechless just grateful to God that the ordeal is over.

To my people (too many wonderful people to start calling out names) in the July AOR London Whatsapp group, you are the best. We did a lot of consolation and outbursts at London VO wink. I pray that very soon, the name will be changed to Landing in Canada cause no one will be left out in the PPR rain this month.

Whew, finally made it to Part 3 of the thread. grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 12:08pm On Jan 20, 2018
Opecath:
Good day
Please I will like to ask a question aspa the WES credential stuff. Please is there anybody that graduate from adeyemi college of education that is already in Canada or has sent transcript. Please was there any issues concerning adeyemi been affiliated to OAU.
I have attach the picture of the response I got from WES please advice on the next step to do. Thanks

There shouldn't be any problems with affiliation of institutions to others. The awarding institution in your case should be OAU and they're the ones who'd process and send the transcript. Personally, I've helped folks from Yabatech (a UNN affiliate) successfully process theirs within days. Go ahead and request again without fear bro.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 12:11pm On Jan 20, 2018
emelueobi:
I love your spirit @mcstan18, u will definitely pass the next ielts in flying colour, u will get your copr speedily this year.

Amen!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by olajide21: 12:15pm On Jan 20, 2018
nkigirl:

It states "your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check"

This might be IP1. But not to worry, sometimes NA2 and IP2 comes faster than you think. The golden mail is around the corner.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ladyAy: 12:56pm On Jan 20, 2018
Congratulations and thanks for sharing!
Many congrats to all that passed their IELTS and to those that didn't pass, please don't even let it get to you. Remember we are all on a journey and God will allow trials on this journey to strengthen our faith and character. Some of us aced ielts 1st attempt BUT have 'trials' post AOR cheesy. hehehe.
Some will face theirs post landing in canada sef...so whichever one comes to you...lets remember God has promised that " He will not allow us to be tempted with more than we can bear..and with each temptation He will.make a way of escape". So seek him for your way of escape and remain positive.
Happy weekend everyone!! It will surely end in praise .

[Qquote author=Sezbaby post=64361338]Just to say a big thank you to everyone that contributed to this forum. My family (Husband, wife and child) started this journey in September 2016, and the forum was very instrumental

FAQS:
1. We changed our passports during the process, i.e. different passports for EE and PR application. Wifey even changed her name

Thanks and peace out[/quote]

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 12:58pm On Jan 20, 2018
stonecoldcafe:

Oh dear! It is well...
I looked forward to your score as well. I'm sure you'll ace it.
Hv u put in this your score and seen how far its taken your CRS score?
Oga mcstan, don't you have over 430 now?
You want that 460 CRS score by fire abi? Lol

The score took me below 400.
I was on 430 for a short time with my first result LRWS - 8.5,8,7.5,8 but that one expired late last year. I need to get back in the pool ASAP.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 1:06pm On Jan 20, 2018
Sugaro:
Awww, would have been such a sweet result, BC gat no chill cry, fire again bro it will definitely end in praise.
ribaby:
At this rate your next score will be fantastic. All the best in your next and last Ielts.

Amen. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by stonecoldcafe: 1:22pm On Jan 20, 2018
Sezbaby:

Awaiting pick up letter.

Thanks and peace out

This is a fantastic timeline of faith and perseverance. I tap into it in Jesus name. Your 5 months wait until ITA humbled me. That is a month shy of half a year! It hits close to home cos my estimated CRS score is a little close to yours. So even though I aced ielts at first attempt, I have changed my name to Patience on this journey.
I want to encourage everyone who didn't make ielts this time to chin up. Your race is different from the next man's race. Dont envy any man. Don't be down cast for too long and forget your goal. Run your own race diligently. Some people re-writing ielts will jump into that pool and land ITA the following week while others are patiently waiting for scores to crash.

So put a smile on your face. Dust those books again. Practice harder again and come back with testimony. Have a good weekend everyone

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 1:23pm On Jan 20, 2018
sleekchic:

Feel like giving you a hug. Been looking out for your post. Glad you have re-registered.IELTS is too small to stop the dream from becoming a reality.

Gracias sister. I'll come for the hug on February 14. That's when the result will be out and coincidentally... wink

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 20, 2018
Dear family. We just finished IELts is it me or the test actually cheap

We pray for favour. Amen.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 1:49pm On Jan 20, 2018
Sezbaby:
...Lastly, to encourage people, see our timeline below

Congrats and thanks for the prep tips
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 1:54pm On Jan 20, 2018
Wow, what a journey. What is yours will surely come. Congrats.
Sezbaby:

Awaiting pick up letter.

FAQS:
1. We changed our passports during the process, i.e. different passports for EE and PR application. Wifey even changed her name from maiden to married. We explained in LOE and no issues.

2. I changed NOCS between EE and PR application (after ITA). Again, no issues, just explain with LOE and you should be fine.

3. We paid all Application and COPR fees upfront as recommended. (not compulsory though)

7. We used our childs US passport. Visa will not be issued on approval but child will get COPR

Thanks and peace out

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ljay17: 2:01pm On Jan 20, 2018
Sezbaby:

Awaiting pick up letter.

FAQS:

Thanks and peace out

Congratulations!!! Out of curiosity, did you get ADR for Height and Eye Colour?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mrstender: 2:02pm On Jan 20, 2018
Guitarlife:
Dear family. We just finished IELts is it me or the test actually cheap

We pray for favour. Amen.

My bro/sis it's the result that would tell. Wishing you all the best.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Saintp(m): 2:16pm On Jan 20, 2018
Sezbaby:

Awaiting pick up letter.

FAQS:

Thanks and peace out

Congratulations.

Please what exactly is the ADR about POF for? what did the request?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Sezbaby: 2:20pm On Jan 20, 2018
Ljay17:

Congratulations!!! Out of curiosity, did you get ADR for Height and Eye Colour?

Nope. Nothing like that.

That document came with PPR request.

We didn't fill any IMM008 as well as there was no change to the family. Just sent the PPR letter and filled the attached Height and eye colour form only.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Sezbaby: 2:24pm On Jan 20, 2018
Saintp:

Congratulations.

Please what exactly is the ADR about POF for? what did the request?

Was told to explain a transaction on my savings account. There was a significant transfer (own account transfer) from current to savings. We sold USD and the BDC gave us cash which was credited to current and then moved to POF savings.

I explained all that in the ADR LOE i sent and attached the email showing the inflow of the USD into my DOM account from my wife's account. Also attached statements showing that it was a cash deposit into current that was moved into savings.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Sezbaby: 2:25pm On Jan 20, 2018
stonecoldcafe:

This is a fantastic timeline of faith and perseverance. I tap into it in Jesus name. Your 5 months wait until ITA humbled me. That is a month shy of half a year! It hits close to home cos my estimated CRS score is a little close to yours. So even though I aced ielts at first attempt, I have changed my name to Patience on this journey.
I want to encourage everyone who didn't make ielts this time to chin up. Your race is different from the next man's race. Dont envy any man. Don't be down cast for too long and forget your goal. Run your own race diligently. Some people re-writing ielts will jump into that pool and land ITA the following week while others are patiently waiting for scores to crash.

So put a smile on your face. Dust those books again. Practice harder again and come back with testimony. Have a good weekend everyone

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Kenon1: 3:16pm On Jan 20, 2018
Iumezinwa1:

i made payment of c$2250 on 28th December it went thru with access bank card

Please is the Access bank card a Naira or Dollar card and what rate did the bank use.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by XX01(f): 3:53pm On Jan 20, 2018
mcstan18:

The score took me below 400.
I was on 430 for a short time with my first result LRWS - 8.5,8,7.5,8 but that one expired late last year. I need to get back in the pool ASAP.

Are your IELTS, the result above, over 2years old?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by processrxtn: 3:56pm On Jan 20, 2018
flosk:
I checked my ielts and i was greatful to God.

When i left colonades hotel, i looked back and i said "father in Jesus name, i am not coming back here for a resit" And he heard me that day.

Listening 8.0
Reading 8.5
Writing 7.5
Speaking 7.0

After the speaking test, i felt i fumbled, but I was encouraged by our very own Kontagious.

I faced the ones i was to write later on and the rest is now a testimony.

If you need help on your writing skills, use ieltsmaterials. Com subscribe to their mailing list and you will be sent bi weekly samples of band 8.5 materials
For both writing and speaking test.

I am so happy for you and thanks for sharing the website with us....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sleekchic(f): 3:58pm On Jan 20, 2018
Guitarlife:

Maami I need a hug too grin grin

Oya come come my baby, I have enough hugs to go round grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Trueigbo: 4:04pm On Jan 20, 2018
Please i need clarification onvthis ielts. I and my wife want to take it. My question is why must we target 8777 score.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sleekchic(f): 4:04pm On Jan 20, 2018
40manlappy:
Congratulations to everyone that aced IELTS. To those that didn't, please don't give up, keep pushing. Meanwhile, create an Express Entry (EE) profile (if you have not done so already) while waiting for your desired scores; you can update later so as to beat the "tie" rule.

Ask for a remark if you are convinced that you did better, especially if you missed the intended score by 0.5. Some people have even gotten an increase of more than 0.5.

@4wearegreat Nice spirit! We shall celebrate your ITA very soon. Hope you have created an EE profile already.

Hello,

My husband is the principal applicant,and we are in the process of renewing his passport, can we dive into the pool with the old passport while we wait for the new passport?(it expires by June 2018) Will we be able to change it easily before ITA? Or we should just wait for the new passport then enter the pool?

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (628)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.