Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,867 members, 7,806,466 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1290186 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 4:25am On Dec 08, 2017
Newmum0615:

Which one is Nigerian 1st class? Abeg shift joor with this your perpetual sarcasm undecided
grin.. U can stop it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ITABABE: 4:27am On Dec 08, 2017
Yooku:
Good people of Nairaland and especially the London Squad....Glad to say that this journey of faith and patience has finally come to an end with PPR issued yesterday. My body is aching from all the leaping for joy I did when I received the mail grin grin grin

I salute the London squad...@ajujuju2, @MrsBee, @Lordnath, @deeore, @ITABABE, @damidamsel, @veleta @Noviolence @lordnath @yewwygrace @boldinc You have fought a good fight...Congrats to those who sailed through from July AOR and to those at the very end too...HOLD ON!!! Olowogbogboro will come through for you!! See y'all in Cannyland
. Congratulations. I am happy for you. At this rate I wish I was in London o. Ottawa no gree give me ppr. Still waiting
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by nanny2017: 4:52am On Dec 08, 2017
Hello my good people and thanks for ur good works here.

Please, how much does its cost to prepare a GIFT DEED in Nigeria. Also, pls how much does the POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE cost at Alagbon, Lagos.

Thanks for ur anticipated reply.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by threadstone(m): 4:57am On Dec 08, 2017
bestdiddy:
Dear Family, I need your help ooo . . .

Firstly, I'm about leaving Nigeria for USA for a masters degree but I am very defiant to start my EE process. School resumes in Jan 3rd 2018, and I would leave before Dec 24th. Currently, my BSc school has dispatched my transcripts for evaluation. I couldnt do the IELTS in Nigeria because the earliest date is Jan 3rd or so . . . So I have to take the IELTS in USA.

Also, I am currently employed but will be resigning next week.

My question is this . . .

1. Is it advisable I procure my work reference letter now from my employers before I resign, so I can have it handy when submitting the application from the USA? Yes, its possible to get the employment letter even after I've resigned but I know I can speed things up and ensure there are no mistakes while i'm still in Nigeria, however, i'm worried that the date on the letter may be an issue for IRCC. Assuming I get ITA in Feb/Mar 2018, will my work reference letter dated Dec 2017 be a problem?

2. Since I will be leaving in the next two weeks, I have to get my PCC from Nigeria now. Will the date issue mentioned in (1) above also be a problem here?

3. How long does it take to get the PCC in Lagos and what are the steps to take?

Thank you all very much while anticipating your kind responses.

The question is are you sure youre going to get an ITA within the next six months? What is your current crs estimate as you dont have ielts yet.
1 & 2 is possible to get but they have a time limit which shouldnt be more than three to six months to the day of submission else you'd have to procure another.

As for the pcc, you can get it in an hour or less. Officer Moshood has done Enough wonders for people in this thread.

Without sade further ado, i wish you good luck in your masters program. When you finish you can cross over to canada without visiting Nigeria sef.

Chill. Express entry can wait grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by threadstone(m): 4:59am On Dec 08, 2017
Thank you all for the overwhelming well wishes. I pray we all get a dose of this happiness im feeling.

Iyanu ma sele. grin cheesy

PM gang, i dey come o wink

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 5:01am On Dec 08, 2017
Obi1conte:

What if ITA comes just before ones birthday is this an issue?i.e ITA comes say few days before birthday.
You can apply but you must submit your application before your birthday except the drop in score doesn't affect your score in the pool
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 5:04am On Dec 08, 2017
Obi1conte:

What if ITA comes just before ones birthday is this an issue?i.e ITA comes say few days before birthday.

You must submit your application before your birthday except the points drop doesn't render your score below the least scores for receiving ita
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by threadstone(m): 5:04am On Dec 08, 2017
nanny2017:
Hello my good people and thanks for ur good works here.

Please, how much does its cost to prepare a GIFT DEED in Nigeria. Also, pls how much does the POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE cost at Alagbon, Lagos.

Thanks for ur anticipated reply.

Type the deed yourself then take it to any law firm to notarise it.

Printing depending on your location N20-50(*x) where x is no of pages smiley
Notary 2k (average price)

For pcc, contact officer moshood 0803 474 7802
Costs between 3.5-4k

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 5:06am On Dec 08, 2017
Yooku:
Good people of Nairaland and especially the London Squad....Glad to say that this journey of faith and patience has finally come to an end with PPR issued yesterday. My body is aching from all the leaping for joy I did when I received the mail grin grin grin

Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by threadstone(m): 5:11am On Dec 08, 2017
Tolz451:

Congratulations @threadstone!

Never knew one could get employer reference pre-ITA, won't the date raise questions?

I was very sure of snagging ita in the next round so i got all docs handy (ita/pcc). As long as its within the timeframe of 3-6 months within submission, it shouldnt raise an eyebrow.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 5:16am On Dec 08, 2017
QSola:
Pls has anyone evaluated OND n HND with ICES. Pls wot was the outcome and can I use standard mail as mode of delivery to me. Thanks

Use WES
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 5:21am On Dec 08, 2017
PefHouse:

Submitting PPR
Sibling must have landed and be living in Canada to claim those points. Why not fill your profile with a No to that question and udate your profile when the sibling lands. PR card issuance doesn't take so long, plus you'd have to show sibling's utility bills to prove sibling is there
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 5:25am On Dec 08, 2017
Blessedchild12:
Hi everyone.

Please I need advice.

I have received ITA but I just discovered an error. My Wes ECA report evaluated my law school as diploma which I didn't realise while I was entering the pool. I selected masters/professional degree which made my score higher. Now I realise I should have selected two or more degrees. Though my score will still be very high but not up to the present score. What should I do. Can I make changes even as I have recieved ITA.

Decline the invitation. Once ita is issued your scores are locked. Decline and update your profile.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by stonecoldcafe: 5:26am On Dec 08, 2017
Please someone advise. My transcript from my university does not have the WES reference included. It is a foreign school.
I emailed them to include the reference in the envelope before posting but I'm unsure if this will be effected before postage happens.
Please must the transcript from your university carry the wes refrence number?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by caon: 5:29am On Dec 08, 2017
Yooku:

Timeline below;

IELTS - July 2015 LRWS 9/8/8/8.5
EE Profile 1 Withdrawn - Nov 2015
EE Profile 2 Withdrawn - Feb 2016
EE Profile 3 Expired - March 2017
EE Profile 4 - 19 April 2017

ITA - May 4 - CRS 425
AOR - July 11
NA1 - July 11
Medicals passed - July 23
IP1 - July 23
NA2 - July 25
IP2/PPR - December 6 (Within a few hours of changing to IP2)

I salute the London squad...@ajujuju2, @MrsBee, @Lordnath, @deeore, @ITABABE, @damidamsel, @veleta @Noviolence @lordnath @yewwygrace @boldinc You have fought a good fight...Congrats to those who sailed through from July AOR and to those at the very end too...HOLD ON!!! Olowogbogboro will come through for you!! See y'all in Cannyland
congrats.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Tolz451: 5:42am On Dec 08, 2017
@threadstone thank you.

UK PCC arrived yesterday.

Can you please point me to where I could get the employee reference format?

Thank you.

threadstone:

I was very sure of snagging ita in the next round so i got all docs handy (ita/pcc). As long as its within the timeframe of 3-6 months within submission, it shouldnt raise an eyebrow.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by nanny2017: 5:45am On Dec 08, 2017
Thank you very much @threadstone

threadstone:

Type the deed yourself then take it to any law firm to notarise it.

Printing depending on your location N20-50(*x) where x is no of pages smiley
Notary 2k (average price)

For pcc, contact officer moshood 0803 474 7802
Costs between 3.5-4k
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 6:07am On Dec 08, 2017
threadstone:

The question is are you sure youre going to get an ITA within the next six months? What is your current crs estimate as you dont have ielts yet.
1 & 2 is possible to get but they have a time limit which shouldnt be more than three to six months to the day of submission else you'd have to pro.cure another.

As for the pcc, you can get it in an hour or less. Officer Moshood has done Enough wonders for people in this thread.

Without sade further ado, i wish you good luck in your masters program. When you finish you can cross over to canada without visiting Nigeria sef.

Chill. Express entry can wait grin

Brother are you certain work reference letter expires ? I should think these are historic documents.
Anybody wanna weigh in on this ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ysteph: 6:10am On Dec 08, 2017
I am a lawyer. I can do deed gift for you and notarise it. Of course for a fee.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Julie2018: 6:19am On Dec 08, 2017
Please send me a personal message. Need the gift of deed. Please what’s your location?
ysteph:
I am a lawyer. I can do deed gift for you and notarise it. Of course for a fee.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by dtaminator: 6:20am On Dec 08, 2017
EngrKen8:
Greetings to all in the house.

Guys, please just a quick one. I submitted my application last month 24th and I got a mail saying I should pay the RPRF within 7 days. I thought it was when your application was successful you were required to pay the fee.

Seems you are not ready for your PPR o. You are probably one of the 2 weeks PPR crew.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Owlette: 6:21am On Dec 08, 2017
Yes it must. It is clearly stated on WES website.
stonecoldcafe:
Please someone advise. My transcript from my university does not have the WES reference included. It is a foreign school.
I emailed them to include the reference in the envelope before posting but I'm unsure if this will be effected before postage happens.
Please must the transcript from your university carry the wes refrence number?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Julie2018: 6:25am On Dec 08, 2017
Please I need help... my case is getting difficult. But God is involved. After receiving ITA about 3 weeks ago, I can’t find my passport. embarassed embarassed embarassedPlease does anyone know what I can likely do concerning the changes that might be involved in my application. Is there a contact number I can reach the CIC on? And also any immigration office at the festac immigration office who can help speed the reissue. Please it’s very important. Thank you, God bless you as you assist.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by dtaminator: 6:33am On Dec 08, 2017
Flaj:

Decline the invitation. Once ita is issued your scores are locked. Decline and update your profile.

Not exactly, only decline if your score has fallen below CRS cuttoff. If it has not, you are fine. Cc @blessedchild12

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by dtaminator: 6:38am On Dec 08, 2017
Flaj:

You must submit your application before your birthday except the points drop doesn't render your score below the least scores for receiving ita

Not correct. We've trashed out this issue before. A birthday after you have received an ITA is exempt from CRS recalculation. You do not have to submit before the birthday.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by threadstone(m): 6:40am On Dec 08, 2017
Guitarlife:

Brother are you certain work reference letter expires ? I should think these are historic documents.
Anybody wanna weigh in on this ?

i just rechecked cic but it was not stated there. However having an ancient reference letter may raise adr's like payslips or statements showing salary payment etc. its tidier having almost up to date documents available.
Apologies

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Julie2018: 6:50am On Dec 08, 2017
I doubt if the solution is declining. Read a thread online and it says I can raise a Case Specifc Enquiry to update information. My passport does not influence my points, that I am aware of. That’s why I need a contact number to reach CIC to bthe sure of what to do without speculating.

Anyone with a contact number for CIC!!!
dtaminator:

Not exactly, only decline if your score has fallen below CRS cuttoff. If it has not, you are fine. Cc @blessedchild12
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Julie2018: 7:21am On Dec 08, 2017
Please what CSR Cutoff would that be?
dtaminator:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 7:24am On Dec 08, 2017
You can actually. I collected mine a day before ITA landed on the 6th. I am not so sure if it expires but I will be using mine latest January ending.
Tolz451:

Congratulations @threadstone!

Never knew one could get employer reference pre-ITA, won't the date raise questions?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by dtaminator: 7:28am On Dec 08, 2017
Julie2018:
I doubt if the solution is declining. Read a thread online and it says I can raise a Case Specifc Enquiry to update information. My passport does not influence my points, that I am aware of. That’s why I need a contact number to reach CIC to bthe sure of what to do without speculating.

Anyone with a contact number for CIC!!!

My post was not referring to your situation. I responded directly to another issue.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by EngrKen8(m): 7:32am On Dec 08, 2017
dtaminator:

Seems you are not ready for your PPR o. You are probably one of the 2 weeks PPR crew.

I claim it. Amen. Paid now though.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by dtaminator: 7:37am On Dec 08, 2017
Yooku:

Timeline below;

IELTS - July 2015 LRWS 9/8/8/8.5
EE Profile 1 Withdrawn - Nov 2015
EE Profile 2 Withdrawn - Feb 2016
EE Profile 3 Expired - March 2017
EE Profile 4 - 19 April 2017

ITA - May 4 - CRS 425
AOR - July 11
NA1 - July 11
Medicals passed - July 23
IP1 - July 23
NA2 - July 25
IP2/PPR - December 6 (Within a few hours of changing to IP2)

Congrats. London VO has opened the ppr floodgates. Hopefully they would release all the applications they have been holding on to.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (628)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.