Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,256 members, 7,807,883 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:29 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1290608 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by primeson1(m): 4:20pm On Dec 16, 2017
Guitarlife:

Brotherly this is not an excuse na. So many single ladies here with low CRS and most also praying for life partners

Just send them a PM or advertise yourself for serious relationship and am sure you will get some look ins.

Ko si ere ni Moscow jare.

Na so people dey take find wife o even me sef am seriously eyeing GlitteringStar and I know am not the o ly one . Lol

Ran to check if she had a profile pix, then found none, was wondering
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:25pm On Dec 16, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Tuale sis! Kindly read this post to learn all about gift deed.

May I also use this opportunity to appreciate your kind response to the question I asked on the USA student thread last year. One good turn deserves another. kiss

Thank you so much... I appreciate. Nice one

May God bless you real good

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by emelueobi(f): 4:41pm On Dec 16, 2017
I wrote ielts test in Port Harcourt, but I don't live in Port Harcourt. Can I send my sister to pick it up for me next week Wednesday ( I hope I can pick the TRF on Wednesday). My fear is that I don't want to send her to PH and they will tell her that they have already sent the TRF to a courier company. Pls i need advice
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by tollu: 5:20pm On Dec 16, 2017
boldinc:
PPR came through yesterday guys...

Ah, fresh air. Congratulations boldinc!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Muslimity(m): 5:27pm On Dec 16, 2017
You are appreciated. Thanks for sharing the doc links and the invaluable advice.

Emerson500:
Here are the links to some of the materials I used which has been shared here already before.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1A32Ko0KVjhZDZEWFBsOWYybDA
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-ojk5EVi9onWm5NcHB5UEVYY2c

The first link contains cambridge IELTS 1 - 10. while the second has cambridge IELTS 5 - 12. So you might want to consider downloading the folders individually so you don't have duplicate copies and waste data. You can also request for a practise material from https://admissiontestportal.com/en/pages/4-ielts-test-preparation/

Other sites I used for tips were ieltsliz.com, readingielts.com ieltsbuddy.com especially for writing, band 9 speaking videos on youtube. E2 videos and so. Just practice reading and listening more with the cambridge ielts after looking up tips and you should be good to go for those ones.

I think for the duration for preparation, it depends on the time you put in and how fast you start getting desirable results and build your confidence. I took about 5 weeks to prepare.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by nkigirl: 5:52pm On Dec 16, 2017
emelueobi:
I wrote ielts test in Port Harcourt, but I don't live in Port Harcourt. Can I send my sister to pick it up for me next week Wednesday ( I hope I can pick the TRF on Wednesday). My fear is that I don't want to send her to PH and they will tell her that they have already sent the TRF to a courier company. Pls i need advice

Yes you can. Just give her a letter of authorisation with the copy of the bio data page of your international passport. She needs to also go with her own intl passport or maybe drivers license
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Saintp(m): 7:18pm On Dec 16, 2017
nkigirl:

Yes you can. Just give her a letter of authorisation with the copy of the bio data page of your international passport. She needs to also go with her own intl passport or maybe drivers license

Are you implying that people who wrote in PH but don't live in PH cannot get their TRF sent to them next week? I'm asking cos I don't have anybody that can collect it for me in PH.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by vcole: 7:37pm On Dec 16, 2017
Licious07:
And my ielts result is out...L8 R9 S8 W6.5. Can't explain how I feel right now embarassed.
Definitely remark your writing and just request for it now since it takes a couple of weeks. In the meantime you can also opt for a rewrite but also request a remark for this current one at the same time. I think that if you are remarking just one section it may come out faster than if you remark all 4 sections.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by emelueobi(f): 7:41pm On Dec 16, 2017
She only have voters card. Hope that is allowed

Yes you can. Just give her a letter of authorisation with the copy of the bio data page of your international passport. She needs to also go with her own intl passport or maybe drivers license[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by vcole: 7:42pm On Dec 16, 2017
Hi my people. Abeg no vex. Please help me torchlight this kweshun. Does anyone know what the rules are for updating family info after receiving ppr but before copr?
I have someone who just got ppr on thursday and was already scheduled to marry on Saturday. As per they had done intro months before and had done the registry app thing and Saturday was d wedding date. However ppr came on thursday.
Can he still update his info that he's now married and what are the implications?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by vcole: 7:44pm On Dec 16, 2017
boldinc:
PPR came through yesterday

Everyone that got ITA alongside myself and even after have all gotten PPR and some have even landed... @vcole, @SlowelybtSurely @40malappy and so on...

The race is not for the Swift... Keep your goal in mind and do all it takes to achieve it. Cross all the Hurdles (Poor IELTS results, ECA delays, Rejections, etc) with your head up and chest out. Aim for the finish line... Stay Prayerful!

I wish everyone all the best! ... I'll be glad to answer any questions you might have.
Boldinc!!!!! Finally bro! Congrats!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by DereI(f): 7:50pm On Dec 16, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Hello Ladon7,

First, I admire your persistence. However, for you to have written the test four times without getting your desired score means you need to change your strategies. You need to relax. Take a deep breath. Don't rush to book another test. You need to analyse the part(s) where you are weak. How can you do this?

May you get your desired score in your next (final) attempt. Amen.

I just too like this glitteringstar. She's a blessing from heaven

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by caon: 8:06pm On Dec 16, 2017
ugoiyke79e is been a while.pls I wanna send u an email.hope to hear from u soon
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ladon7: 9:13pm On Dec 16, 2017
Thanks so much for ur support and advice @glitteringstar , Einstein, luciano80,fanyeofori, Derel and Elle78. I am super grateful, Will surely give my testimony on this platform shortly. Winners don't quit

DereI:

I just too like this glitteringstar. She's a blessing from heaven

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ugoiyke79e: 9:47pm On Dec 16, 2017
Farefare:

In my case, the mother of the child is late(my step son) and no death cert to show, how would I tackle that? input from the house will be most appreciated

Hello, I don't know if u have gotten a good answer cos I haven't read down.
Before I jump and pass this valid question, let me write my suggestions.

1) obtain a death certificate for her from the national population commission in the state where she died. They usually ask for a death cert from d hospital she died so u may want to go there first..
Otherwise, go to NPC with sworn affidavit and pictures of burial ceremony...
2) Include a LOE stating d circumstances and your inability to obtain a death cert. + sworn affidavit and any other evidences of her death that u can gather e.g. death benefits, funeral order, obituary posters etc

But a NPC Death cert is way less cumbersome.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by DereI(f): 9:47pm On Dec 16, 2017
Ladon7:
Thanks so much for ur support and advice @glitteringstar , Einstein, luciano80,fanyeofori, Derel and Elle78. I am super grateful, Will surely give my testimony on this platform shortly. Winners don't quit

Amen. Exactly, Winners don't quit.

Here is an example;

My first Ielts - Aug 19th 2017 embarassed embarassed
L - 7.0
R - 7.5
W - 7.5
S - 7.5

My second Ielts - Sept 30th 2017 embarassed
L - 7.5
R - 7.0
W - 7.5
S - 7.5

My third Ielts - Oct 28th 2017 embarassed
L - 7.5
R - 6.5
W - 7.0
S - 7.5

Finally, my fourth Ielts
L - 8.5
R - 8.0
W - 7.5
S - 8.0

I actually quit on my third trial and went another route which bounced me in less than 40 seconds.....Hahaha (story for another day).

Thanks to people like einsteno, glitteringstar and MrsAA who encouraged me to keep trying and never quit. And I'm most grateful to God who finally favoured me.

Moral of it all is....no matter what, Please do not quit. Pursue your dreams.....follow your heart.....and most importantly pray ceaselessly for mercies and favour.

I wish you the best and I know you will smile soon.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by emelueobi(f): 9:53pm On Dec 16, 2017
@DereI - Congrats once more, hope you are already in the pool.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ugoiyke79e: 10:04pm On Dec 16, 2017
caon:
ugoiyke79e is been a while.pls I wanna send u an email.hope to hear from u soon

Hello caon,
I have been very much around here.
Go ahead and pm me...
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by NikyO: 10:24pm On Dec 16, 2017
Deebay:

It costs 30 k. Issued from pcn Abuja and sent from there to pebc via nipost . You can apply via your pcn office or from Abuja. Pay via remitta, write a letter stating the address where it should be posted to, attach your 30 k receipt, proof of current license and last year license copy. Since you are an intern guess yours will be the provisional license. Still confirm from your pcn state office. All the best

Thank you for this!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 10:29pm On Dec 16, 2017
vcole:
Hi my people. Abeg no vex. Please help me torchlight this kweshun. Does anyone know what the rules are for updating family info after receiving ppr but before copr?
I have someone who just got ppr on thursday and was already scheduled to marry on Saturday. As per they had done intro months before and had done the registry app thing and Saturday was d wedding date. However ppr came on thursday.
Can he still update his info that he's now married and what are the implications?

He will inform IRCC about the change in marital status. They will request for additional documents (PCC, Medicals and co) for his spouse. All necessary checks will be done and if satisfied, CIC will send a new passport request to both of them.

Changes to Family Composition

Family members can be added to the application at any time during the process, including after the visa is issued, but prior to obtaining permanent resident status. Applicants are instructed to inform IRCC immediately if their family composition has changed (e.g. birth of a child, marriage, divorce).

Section A11.2 does not apply when an applicant adds a family member to their application after the e-APR. However, the family member will have to be assessed, and the principal applicant must provide IRCC with the Additional Family Information form [IMM 5406] and pay the applicable fees online.

Note: Pursuant to subsection R4(1), the principal applicant may not include a spouse or common-law partner in their application if their relationship was entered into primarily to acquire any status or privilege under the Act or is not genuine.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bolabae: 10:39pm On Dec 16, 2017
Hello Everyone, please i would like to know what stage I am now. Status showing: Medical passed, no additional document required and background check not required. Abeg is it IP1 or IP2. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by DereI(f): 11:17pm On Dec 16, 2017
emelueobi:
@DereI - Congrats once more, hope you are already in the pool.

Yes I am. Thanks so much
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nozzle(m): 11:27pm On Dec 16, 2017
Hello my ppl,
Let me share my story to encourage somebody.
ITA July 11
AOR Aug 5
Medicals passed Aug 18
IPI Aug 19
Aug 26 daughter was born kiss
ADR sept 5 schedule A submitted
Sept 18 added daughter plus her medicals

I was on IP1 till Dec 6th!!! By October 11, I got gcms notes and found that I had issues with my pof. I submitted two bank statements and a bank reference. My dorm account in dollars had 95% of the funds and my savings with d rest 5%. According to d gcms note all the funds they saw was $4,515 which obviously didn't meet the threshold for a family of 3. Actually the bulk of the money $16k was in my dorm which they had erroneously skipped. So they only checked my savings and converted to get $4,515. I was devastated. I got a few advice from my good ppl here, sent them couple of mails and raised several CSE. Re-scanned all statements and sent to them. They didnt respond!. I couldn't print new statement cos i had actually used part money for some things. They totally ignored all the mails, and probably dumped my case as its a dead-end.
On dec 6th, I woke up to a letter of refusal! The worst has finally happened. It was the same reason - insufficient funds. You can imagine the traumatic experience. However I braced up myself, decided to write again. But this time it was going to be with some fury! I was so irate. I explained how unfair the system is and sent all the statements again. The fault was clearly from them and not mine. You missed out on my major account details and you got me disqualified for no fault of mine.
Dec 7th, I started another application. Got 451 and entered the pool again to start the process all over cry To be truthful I actually gave up, but my wife insisted we do it again. She encouraged me to start all over. God bless her.
Dec 14th, I got an email like an update on the rejected application. When I logged into my app, I noticed my refusal has been reversed. My old application is now back online. I cudnt contain my joy and up till now that I write, it looks and feels like a dream. I stared at d app profile for hours to see If it is really true or if anything would change. So all the mails I sent and my CSE i raised finally paid off at last. Just this morning my app moved to NA2 and immediately i got a mail to pay our rprf. Right now I have an app that's close to ppr and another in the pool waiting for ITA. I wish I can transfer that to someone. God is good. Lots of lessons to learn;

Don't risk touching ur pof o. Anything can happen, u may need to send a fresh statement or reference showing current balances, you just never know.
Finally, never say never, if u want something desperately enof u will get it.

God is indeed great.

Thanks to u all for ur insightful advices. Before I over celebrate pls does rprf request mean PPR is near

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Olulo: 11:41pm On Dec 16, 2017
DereI:

Amen. Exactly, Winners don't quit.

Here is an example;

My first Ielts - Aug 19th 2017 embarassed embarassed
L - 7.0
R - 7.5
W - 7.5
S - 7.5

My second Ielts - Sept 30th 2017 embarassed
L - 7.5
R - 7.0
W - 7.5
S - 7.5

My third Ielts - Oct 28th 2017 embarassed
L - 7.5
R - 6.5
W - 7.0
S - 7.5

Finally, my fourth Ielts
L - 8.5
R - 8.0
W - 7.5
S - 8.0

I actually quit on my third trial and went another route which bounced me in less than 40 seconds.....Hahaha (story for another day).

Thanks to people like einsteno, glitteringstar and MrsAA who encouraged me to keep trying and never quit. And I'm most grateful to God who finally favoured me.

Moral of it all is....no matter what, Please do not quit. Pursue your dreams.....follow your heart.....and most importantly pray ceaselessly for mercies and favour.

I wish you the best and I know you will smile soon.
I am encouraged. Congrats

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Julie2018: 11:42pm On Dec 16, 2017
Thank God for you.

Congratulations in advance!!!

This is a sign to me. I’ve been thinking of how to leave my POF for about 6 months. But I have really learnt from this. Not touching it

Nozzle:
Hello my ppl,
ITA July 11
AOR Aug 5
Medicals passed Aug 18
IPI Aug 19

I was on IP1 till Dec 6th!!! By October 11, I got gcms notes and found that I had issues with my pof. I submitted two bank statements and a bank reference. My dorm account in dollars had 95% of the funds and my savings with d rest 5%. According to d gcms note all the funds they saw was $4,515 which obviously didn't meet the threshold for a family of 3. Actually the bulk of the money $16k was in my dorm which they had erroneously skipped. So they only checked my savings and converted to get $4,515. I was devastated. I got a few advice from my good ppl here, sent them couple of mails and raised several CSE. Re-scanned all statements and sent to them. They didnt respond!. I couldn't print new statement cos i had actually used part money for some things. They totally ignored all the mails, and probably they dumped my case since it was a dead-end for them.
On dec 6th, I woke up to a letter of refusal! The worst has finally happened. It was the same reason - insufficient funds. You can imagine the traumatic experience. However I braced up myself, decided to write again. But this time it was going to be with some fury! I was so irate. I explained how unfair the system is and sent all the statements again. The fault was clearly from them and not mine. You missed out on my major account details and you got me disqualified for no fault of mine.
Dec 7th, I started another application. Got 451 and entered the pool again to start the process all over cry To be truthful I actually gave up, but my wife insisted we do it again. She encouraged me to start all over. God bless her. Dec 14th, I got an email like an update on the rejected application. When I logged into my app, I noticed my refusal has been reversed. My old application is now back online. I cudnt contain my joy and up till now that I write, it looks and feels like a dream. I stared at d app profile for hours to see If it is really true or if anything would change. So all the mails I sent and my CSE i raised finally paid off at last. Just this morning my app moved to NA2 and immediately i got a mail to pay our rprf. Right now I have an app that's close to ppr and another in the pool waiting for ITA. I wish I can transfer that to someone. God is good. Lots of lessons to learn;

Don't risk touching ur pof o. Anything can happen, u may need to send a fresh statement or reference showing current balances, you just never know.

God is indeed great.

Thanks to u all for ur insightful advices. Before I over celebrate pls does rprf request mean PPR is near

If ppr comes how many days do we have to send the passports?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by DereI(f): 11:46pm On Dec 16, 2017
Olulo:

I am encouraged. Congrats

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 11:56pm On Dec 16, 2017
Nozzle:
Hello my ppl,

God is indeed great.

If ppr comes how many days do we have to send the passports

Wow! Congrats in advance. Yes, your PPR is near. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nozzle(m): 12:12am On Dec 17, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Wow! Congrats in advance. Yes, your PPR is near. smiley

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nozzle(m): 12:19am On Dec 17, 2017
Julie2018:
Thank God for you.

Congratulations in advance!!!

This is a sign to me. I’ve been thinking of how to leave my POF for about 6 months. But I have really learnt from this. Not touching it

Yeah, fix deposits, tbills are wiser options. You can make some interest while the money waits for ITA. Just be as less complicated as possible. If you have to go my route i.e. cash in the bank,ensure it is one account please. One account to avoid complications like mine.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Julie2018: 12:26am On Dec 17, 2017
Thank you!

Nozzle:

Yeah, fix deposits, tbills are wiser options. You can make some interest while the money waits for ITA. Just be as less complicated as possible. If you have to go my route i.e. cash in the bank,ensure it is one account please. One account to avoid complications like mine.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by caon: 4:33am On Dec 17, 2017
Nozzle:
Hello my ppl,
ITA July 11
AOR Aug 5
Medicals passed Aug 18
IPI Aug 19

I was on IP1 till Dec 6th!!! By October 11, I got gcms notes and found that I had issues with my pof. I submitted two bank statements and a bank reference. My dorm account in dollars had 95% of the funds and my savings with d rest 5%. According to d gcms note all the funds they saw was $4,515 which obviously didn't meet the threshold for a family of 3. Actually the bulk of the money $16k was in my dorm which they had erroneously skipped. So they only checked my savings and converted to get $4,515. I was devastated. I got a few advice from my good ppl here, sent them couple of mails and raised several CSE. Re-scanned all statements and sent to them. They didnt respond!. I couldn't print new statement cos i had actually used part money for some things. They totally ignored all the mails, and probably dumped my case as its a dead-end.
Dec 7th, I started another application. Got 451 and entered the pool again to start the process all over cry To be truthful I actually gave up, but my wife insisted we do it again. She encouraged me to start all over. God bless her.
Dec 14th, I got an email like an update on the rejected application. When I logged into my app, I noticed my refusal has been reversed. My old application is now back online. I cudnt contain my joy and up till now that I write, it looks and feels like a dream. I stared at d app profile for hours to see If it is really true or if anything would change. So all the mails I sent and my CSE i raised finally paid off at last. Just this morning my app moved to NA2 and immediately i got a mail to pay our rprf. Right now I have an app that's close to ppr and another in the pool waiting for ITA. I wish I can transfer that to someone. God is good. Lots of lessons to learn;

God is indeed great.

congrats.u r almost there.tank God .he is indeed great
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Farefare: 6:00am On Dec 17, 2017
ugoiyke79e:

Hello, I don't know if u have gotten a good answer cos I haven't read down.
Before I jump and pass this valid question, let me write my suggestions.

1) obtain a death certificate for her from the national population commission in the state where she died. They usually ask for a death cert from d hospital she died so u may want to go there first..
Otherwise, go to NPC with sworn affidavit and pictures of burial ceremony...
2) Include a LOE stating d circumstances and your inability to obtain a death cert. + sworn affidavit and any other evidences of her death that u can gather e.g. death benefits, funeral order, obituary posters etc

But a NPC Death cert is way less cumbersome.

Many thanks @ugoiyke79.

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (628)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.