Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

How To Save Your Marriage From Collapse - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Save Your Marriage From Collapse (666 Views)

How Did You Prevent Your Parents' Toxic Marriage From Affecting Yours? / Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse / How To Prevent Your Marriage From Crashing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Save Your Marriage From Collapse by deviceteck: 7:36pm On Dec 03, 2017
How To Save Your Marriage From Collapse

Part 3. Should I Tell Close Friends My Marital Problems?

It appeared that the turmoil in your marriage has gone worse. Your wife always says no to sex. At work, you feel so miserable when you think about your family that you hardly concentrate. Your husband no longer care about your emotions, perhaps because he is having an affair. You get so confused on what else to do. You have tried all you could but it's not just working.

At this point, you turn to close friends or family members for comfort. You tell them how badly he treats you, ignoring your emotional needs. There are lots of stories to tell, how insensitive he has become over the years, how he unfairly refused to provide for the family materially and his unwillingness to change.

At any rate, you need empathy and willing to talk about your situation to those with a listening ear. More assuring is the response you get from them. They tell you, "Is he crazy? I can't believe he does that to you," "You are just too much of a wife for him to treat you this way." With such words, you feel vindicated and right and he is wrong.

A month passed by and you are increasingly unhappy. You updated your friends and family of the ever-increasing saga, and moved with pity, they suggest you get out of your marriage. "Enough is enough," they tell you.

Is it wrong to rely on the people that love me for comfort in this way? Their support and suggestions may seem very helpful and you may find a measure of relieve after a conversation with them, but in the long run, things may backfire. Here is the reason.

Because your friends and family are loyal to you, they believe your side of the story and without hearing the other side they make suggestions for you. They start seeing your spouse as the problem without reasoning any possible way you have contributed to the problem in your family over time. Without being aware whether your actions may have contributed to the reason your spouse behave in undesirable ways, they conclude that he is the one in the wrong.

If your spouse becomes more loving and involved in the relationship, you might change your mind about him and consider not to walk out of the marriage because you are impressed. Here is where the problem lies. They are not impressed. To them, you are just being brainwashed. You tell them all the changes your spouse has made but they are not moved, objecting to your spouse presence in your life. Sometimes, they withdraw their support from you if you decide to stay, concluding that you are indecisive.....

Continue reading in the Happy Married Couple Facebook Group by clicking the link below. https:///1757113441027166/

Join the group to get access to all the parts in this series and other expert recommendations for maintaining a healthy relationship.
https:///1757113441027166/

If you like this part, kindly share with friends.
God bless you.
Re: How To Save Your Marriage From Collapse by Jochabed(f): 7:41pm On Dec 03, 2017
Marraige takes God. Thats why you have to Marry God's own will for you.
Re: How To Save Your Marriage From Collapse by deviceteck: 7:50pm On Dec 03, 2017
Jochabed:
Marraige takes God. Thats why you have to Marry God's own will for you.
You are right but right now, e are talking about maintaining confidentiality in a relationship

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

See Igbo Man Who Got Married 7 Days After He Share Marriage Vacancy On Facebook / See This Hilarious Pre Wedding Photo / Am In Love With My Best Friend Widow But The Family Dont Want To Approve.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.