Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

Tell Us About Your Scariest Experience - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Tell Us About Your Scariest Experience (9298 Views)

Your Scariest Moment / Tell Us About Your Moniker / LADIES AND GENTS: THE UGLIEST AND THE SCARIEST! PLEASE Y'ALL CHECK THESE OUT! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us About Your Scariest Experience by outlaws(m): 1:00am On May 01, 2007
cool
Back to topic:

This seemed scary but it wasn't. While I was working at a store alone between 12-2am. A man came into the store, I walked behind the counter and asked him how I can help him. He looked down and put a note on the counter. The note states something like, "give me $50 and hurry." He put his hands in his pockets. There were three cameras rolling in the store. At first I didn't know what to do, I had to think fast so I acted like I was going to give him the money, opened the register, slamed it back and picked the phone on the side and dialed 911[U.S. Emergency number].

He looked at me and said, "you shouldn't have done that."He took off.

Two police cars came by and the officers said they didn't find any one around. It was in the news that the same man or similar person robbed other stores the same night. The same day, around 4-5am, a guy came in the store stole a lot food and drinks and took off. Called police again, one of the same guys showed up again and said that he didn't see any one.

I decided that If this was to happen again I wouldn't call the police. I didn't want to shoot any one, so I got a tear gas online. Get ready that the next thief that will dare to do what the first person did will regret his life that way. I waited for weeks, months and no one came. I gave up waiting for the robbers and quit the job.
Re: Tell Us About Your Scariest Experience by ashewo(m): 10:37pm On Jul 18, 2007
outlaws:

cool
Back to topic:

This seemed scary but it wasn't. While I was working at a store alone between 12-2am. A man came into the store, I walked behind the counter and asked him how I can help him. He looked down and put a note on the counter. The note states something like, "give me $50 and hurry." He put his hands in his pockets. There were three cameras rolling in the store. At first I didn't know what to do, I had to think fast so I acted like I was going to give him the money, opened the register, slamed it back and picked the phone on the side and dialed 911[US. Emergency number].

He looked at me and said, "you shouldn't have done that."He took off.

Two police cars came by and the officers said they didn't find any one around. It was in the news that the same man or similar person robbed other stores the same night. The same day, around 4-5am, a guy came in the store stole a lot food and drinks and took off. Called police again, one of the same guys showed up again and said that he didn't see any one.

I decided that If this was to happen again I wouldn't call the police. I didn't want to shoot any one, so I got a tear gas online. Get ready that the next thief that will dare to do what the first person did will regret his life that way. I waited for weeks, months and no one came. I gave up waiting for the robbers and quit the job.

I am guessing u work at a gas station or something, lipsrsealed

I have a friend taht works there too and its really dangerous and scarey!! shocked shocked

well, take it easy and God will b with you.! kiss

Preacher leaves. grin grin
Re: Tell Us About Your Scariest Experience by ashewo(m): 4:35pm On Jul 19, 2007
texazzpete:

My Scary story. . .
February 1st 2004, Umuahia, Abia state. I was doing my NYSC at that time and Manchester United were playing Arse-Anal. As a staunch Man Utd fan, that was a match i couldn't have missed. I was staying in The Catholic Corpers Lodge, and also moonlighting at a guest house with a friend of mine. the guest house was like 300metres from the 'Viewing centre'
The match started at about 10:30pm, if you know Umuahia you'd know that the roads are empty at around 8pm, so by this time the road was empty, but there were over 20 people in the viewing centre so i felt it was pretty safe. . .
The match ended 3-0 or 3-1, after 12 midnight, it ended on my birthday (feb 2nd, my best birthday present!!!), so i started going home. to my profound horror, i found out that all those people there were all off duty okada men, they zoomed off on their okadas and left me alone on that dark road.
I jogged down to the guest house, pounded on the gate. i'd forgotten they lock the gate by 12 midnight and they don't ever open it until 6am. I knock tire, no answer. I didnt carry my phone because of fear of theft.
So i started jogging the 1km distance to the Catholic Corpers lodge

Scare #1
100m down the road, a police pick up[ pulled up beside me, 2 cops jumped out and levelled their Mark IVs at my head! I nearly shit myself. They roughly demanded to know who i was and where was i going? i told 'em i was a corper and i went to watch the match, and that i was heading to the Corpers Lodge. They asked me to reach into my pocket slowly and brin gout my ID card. I did that and gave it to them. One now asked the other one to search me. i'd forgotten that earlier that day i had won a big pocket knife in the Guinness promo and it was still in my back pocket. COme and see the look on their face when they pulled out this wicked looking pen knife. I hastily explained that i won it from the promo. The guy looked at me fo rlike 1 minute (almost shat myself once again) before telling me to go home. i speedily complied!!

Scare #2
About 600m down the road, i was already recovering from the poilce scare when i started really getting scared about how quiet and ghostly the whole place was. all the tales i'd been hearing on flesh-eating cannibals and kidnappers/ritualists started surfacing. it didn't help when i jogged past a house and saw an old woman raking leaves together and burning them. What kind of person would be burning leaves at 12:30am? And she looked so witch-like. the next house had like 3 youths outside talking in hushed tones. all fell silent and watched me jog pass. I come dey fear, come dey regret say i go watch match that day. The next thing i knew, something moving very very fast flew just above my head. you know the kind of noise and disturbance u feel/hear when someone throws a stone  very close to your ear? that's what it felt like. But this was somethin gmuch faster and silent.
Every single hair on my body (from my head to my nearly hairless ass) stood on end. see d kind fear wey catch me, eh? I didn't wait to see if it was a bird, an arrow or a low-flying witch. I kicked my palm slippers ahead of me, caught them midair (in a move even Jet-Li couldnt have done) and took to my heels. I'm pretty sure i averaged 50mph!! Even worse, i was running uphill and my heart was pounding like crazy.

Scare #3
I got to the corpers lodge, everyone was sleeping. . .! I nearly renounced Manchester United then and there!

I hammered on the gate and someone finally woke up, where i was led, shaking and gibbering some incomprehensible stuff about witches and policemen and Arrows and bakassi boys. . . the only thing they could make of this was that Man Utd won  grin

And that's my worst scare ever!

Funnnniest thread ever!!!! grin grin

I laughs so tey, water begin they commot for my nose , tongue grin
Re: Tell Us About Your Scariest Experience by nana(f): 4:45pm On Jul 19, 2007
My Scary story. . .
February 1st 2004, Umuahia, Abia state. I was doing my NYSC at that time and Manchester United were playing Arse-Anal. As a staunch Man Utd fan, that was a match i couldn't have missed. I was staying in The Catholic Corpers Lodge, and also moonlighting at a guest house with a friend of mine. the guest house was like 300metres from the 'Viewing centre'
The match started at about 10:30pm, if you know Umuahia you'd know that the roads are empty at around 8pm, so by this time the road was empty, but there were over 20 people in the viewing centre so i felt it was pretty safe. . .
The match ended 3-0 or 3-1, after 12 midnight, it ended on my birthday (feb 2nd, my best birthday present!!!), so i started going home. to my profound horror, i found out that all those people there were all off duty okada men, they zoomed off on their okadas and left me alone on that dark road.
I jogged down to the guest house, pounded on the gate. i'd forgotten they lock the gate by 12 midnight and they don't ever open it until 6am. I knock tire, no answer. I didnt carry my phone because of fear of theft.

Scare #1
100m down the road, a police pick up[ pulled up beside me, 2 cops jumped out and levelled their Mark IVs at my head! I nearly shit myself. They roughly demanded to know who i was and where was i going? i told 'em i was a corper and i went to watch the match, and that i was heading to the Corpers Lodge. They asked me to reach into my pocket slowly and brin gout my ID card. I did that and gave it to them. One now asked the other one to search me. i'd forgotten that earlier that day i had won a big pocket knife in the Guinness promo and it was still in my back pocket. COme and see the look on their face when they pulled out this wicked looking pen knife. I hastily explained that i won it from the promo. The guy looked at me fo rlike 1 minute (almost shat myself once again) before telling me to go home. i speedily complied!!

Scare #2
About 600m down the road, i was already recovering from the poilce scare when i started really getting scared about how quiet and ghostly the whole place was. all the tales i'd been hearing on flesh-eating cannibals and kidnappers/ritualists started surfacing. it didn't help when i jogged past a house and saw an old woman raking leaves together and burning them. What kind of person would be burning leaves at 12:30am? And she looked so witch-like. the next house had like 3 youths outside talking in hushed tones. all fell silent and watched me jog pass. I come dey fear, come dey regret say i go watch match that day. The next thing i knew, something moving very very fast flew just above my head. you know the kind of noise and disturbance u feel/hear when someone throws a stone very close to your ear? that's what it felt like. But this was somethin gmuch faster and silent.
Every single hair on my body (from my head to my nearly hairless ass) stood on end. see d kind fear wey catch me, eh? I didn't wait to see if it was a bird, an arrow or a low-flying witch. I kicked my palm slippers ahead of me, caught them midair (in a move even Jet-Li couldnt have done) and took to my heels. I'm pretty sure i averaged 50mph!! Even worse, i was running uphill and my heart was pounding like crazy.

Scare #3
I got to the corpers lodge, everyone was sleeping. . .! I nearly renounced Manchester United then and there!

I hammered on the gate and someone finally woke up, where i was led, shaking and gibbering some incomprehensible stuff about witches and policemen and Arrows and bakassi boys. . . the only thing they could make of this was that Man Utd won

Thanks for d joke, Cant stop laughing,
Re: Tell Us About Your Scariest Experience by Chiori(m): 8:13pm On Jul 27, 2007
One of the scariest moments I ever had was the day armed robbers came to my granddad's house. I was the only one in that night. I was so scared, but did not panic. I decided to gamble with chance. I picked my granddad's shotgun, though it was empty, and waited in the parlor while they broke the door. Immediately they gained entry, I raised it and said, "I was waiting for you." They did not wait to find out if it was loaded. They just split like hell outta there. Afterwards, I asked myself, "S'pose they hadn't run?" And that scared me more than the actual event.
Re: Tell Us About Your Scariest Experience by Midas02(m): 12:54am On Jun 23, 2009
I was probably 12 years old and a form (2) boarding student in secondary school and the events of this fateful day, I could not explain up till this very moment. It was standard procedure and school house rule that all students must be in study hall between 7pm and 9pm for juniors and up until 10pm for seniors.

It was almost 9pm and nearly time to head back to the hostel. However, I had the misfortune of running into a mean spirited senior who had this 'knack' for making me miserable! He called out my name and 'ordered' me to go pick up a textbook for him in the HSC dormitory block - that was how it all started! In those days, HSC Students (students in lower six and upper six) were housed in a separate part of the school grounds, in a block of hostels that was called 'Log-cabin' (because it was built with pre-fabricated wood, American style!). The Log-cabin block was not only an 'off limit' area, particularly for us juniors but it was also a notoriously remote and lonely location!  The seniors loved it cos of the rebellious, fringe lawlessness it afforded them. We juniors simply loathed and feared the place.

The log-cabin also had tons of sinister stories about it – much of which I had consumed gleefully in idle curiosity. There was a particular tale of two old grave sites behind the building. The story goes that the tombs were the final resting place of a farmer and his wife, who owned the school land several decades before the school was founded. It was said that the ghosts of this couple haunted the vicinity of the log-cabin and the woods behind it.

I was stunned at the senior’s mean spirited demand and protested vehemently. As a last resort, I tried very hard to win his compassion, all to no avail! As I walked away gloomily, I was befuddled by the senior’s insensitivity cos he wanted me to walk the distance to the Log-cabin, which was not a problem in itself, except that the entire Log-cabin vicinity would be desolate, dark and terrifyingly empty since every senior student would be in study hall until 10pm! Surely, he could borrow or share a classmates textbook? (they only had an hour of study time left anyway!).

No junior was willing to embark on this treacherous mission with me (especialy that late!). I had no choice but to go to the log-cabin alone. It was a dark, cloudy and wet night with neither moon nor stars shining. I made a grim effort to convince myself that all those old tales were just lies and I was not superstitious anyway………. or was I? 

I hastily made my way to the woody cabins and wasted no time going to the senior’s bed space and set my mind on the task of finding the textbook as soon as possible. Few minutes into my urgent search, I heard a loud thud in one of the adjoining rooms and some shuffling and then silence ……, I froze!
I had never been more terrified in my life! I knew there was nobody else in those rooms ….or was I wrong??  The urgency I felt turned into desperation, I bent over in frantic frenzy as I tried to focus of the task of finding the textbook but my mind was running amok!

Finally, I caught a glimpse of the textbook, sitting in the same place I had searched over a dozen times but had failed to see. I grabbed the text book with vicious fury and shuffled briskly out of the long hostel room. A few more steps and I would be out of that room and out of that God forsaken hostel, so I thought.
A loud thud, even louder than the earlier one, stopped me in my track! I was absolutely terrified and at my wits end. The loud sound was soon followed by shuffling sound coming from the ceiling level in the adjoining rooms. My mind was racing, however somehow in there I found the capacity to reason. I suspected that the shuffling sound was caused by the infamous big rats that had taken residence and found a home in the log cabin’s youthful filth!

Just as I was beginning to calm down and get a little bolder, I heard a door open and slam shut further down the patio corridor. I stared down the hallway knowing the sound came from the bathroom area.

“Who is there? ” , I yelled out nervously. No sound ……absolute silence!

I summoned all the courage I had left and bellowed out with a commanding tone;

“Whoever that is, this is not funny o!”

Eerie silence followed by shuffling sound from the ceiling. A door leading to another dormitory room creaked open slowly. The florescent lamp in that room kept flickering on and off. I had slowly eased myself to the opened patio or hallway and my heart was ready to leap out of my chest.

Gararararararararrararararararra! - A familiar but nerve jarring sound was heard. It was the sound of something being dragged on the empty graveled yard in front of the log cabin. As I twirled around to look, all I could see was an amber colored plastic bucket sitting alone in the graveled yard. I did not recall seeing the bright colored bucket there on my way in! I was absolutely petrified!

My frayed nerves could take no more! I tightened my grip on the textbook and lunged forward instinctively. “I was getting the heck out of here”, I thought. I could hear another door violently slam shut behind me but there was no looking back for me. I was already moving faster than the speed of sound! Out in the open, I gathered speed with alarming alacrity. Few seconds later, my feet were barely touching the ground as levity took hold and gravity ceased to have any effect whatsoever! I quite simply hydro-planed, at the maximum allowable velocity, back to the study hall classrooms.

I burst into the study hall hallway like a projected beam of light. My eyes were the size of saucer plates and my body trembled with terror. I was wet, my chest was heaving heavily and I was absolutely bewildered! Classmates who had hitherto been oblivious to my absence, were drawn to the incoherent gibberish that I uttered as I tried to describe what I had just experienced. Needlessly, it was to them nothing but amusement.

For many years and till this very day, I find myself wondering what really transpired in that place, on that faithful day. Did the older students play a trick on me or was it just a culmination of unusual events that played on my imagination? I never did have any senior tease me or make fun of me (which is what students do after a successful prank). Was there some truth to the old tales about the place being haunted? Perhaps, I will never find out but I am not in a hurry to forget either. It was the scariest experience I ever had!
Re: Tell Us About Your Scariest Experience by indie22(f): 3:41pm On Jul 31, 2009
nana:

My Scary story. . .

Scare #1

Scare #2
About 600m down the road, i was already recovering from the poilce scare when i started really getting scared about how quiet and ghostly the whole place was. all the tales i'd been hearing on flesh-eating cannibals and kidnappers/ritualists started surfacing. it didn't help when i jogged past a house and saw an old woman raking leaves together and burning them. What kind of person would be burning leaves at 12:30am? And she looked so witch-like. the next house had like 3 youths outside talking in hushed tones. all fell silent and watched me jog pass. I come dey fear, come dey regret say i go watch match that day. The next thing i knew, something moving very very fast flew just above my head. you know the kind of noise and disturbance u feel/hear when someone throws a stone very close to your ear? that's what it felt like. But this was somethin gmuch faster and silent.

Scare #3

I hammered on the gate and someone finally woke up, where i was led, shaking and gibbering some incomprehensible stuff about witches and policemen and Arrows and bakassi boys. . . the only thing they could make of this was that Man Utd won

This has to be the funniest story ever, omo you should be a comedian, you're hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Tell Us About Your Scariest Experience by indie22(f): 4:08pm On Jul 31, 2009
busygirl:

I didn't say we went to spain. We were actually going to heathrow and had to pass through spain. The air tubulence started at the spain region. That day we took a longer route because we branched first in freewtown.

Dont mind all these pple jare, wetin dem know, i flew bellview to london last year and yes!, we flew over spain, and landed at heathrow terminal, so she's not lying!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Tell Us About Your Scariest Experience by Chiori(m): 4:24pm On Aug 04, 2009
Sometime late last year I had cause to travel from Calabar to Oron by speedboat. We had gone some minutes into the journey when the boat's engine developed some problems. As if that was not enough, it started raining. Here we were, batttered by the rain, and at the same time worrying about the engine functioning, then all of a sudden the engine died. The heavy breeze accompanying the rain began to toss the boat whichever way it pleased, and just then, I thought of my life, of all the bad things I had done, and I just realized i was not ready to die. All the trouble that had begun just ended abruptly, and it had taken all of 8 minutes. That was the longest 8 minutes of my life.
Re: Tell Us About Your Scariest Experience by platinumnk(f): 5:06pm On Aug 05, 2009
See what happened in my accident was that I didn’t sleep for 2 days straight, I was drinking Red Bull to keep myself awake, I was having finals and flying home to Nigeria, the next morning. That night like 3am I went to pick my sister up from her job, I fell asleep on the road (a bridge) and I was flying! Going about 70mph. The next thing I know I wake up and my car is spinning, having slammed on the both side of the bridge, and now the car had turned like it wanted to drive over the bridge. I screamed, slammed my brakes, nothing. All I could see is my life flashing in front of my eyes. Then Boom! I hit the railing of the bridge so hard, Both of my airbags blew. The steering wheel hit my chest so hard I couldn’t breathe for a min, and the car started smoking, glass was shattered everywhere, but I bust out my door and threw myself out the car in case it was about to blow up. I was shaken, crying, because I know I should have been dead. My knee was busted and bleeding, my chest badly bruised, and I think something hit something below my ribs, because I had a swelling near my pelvis after my accident. Man I was in pain o. That happened May 7, 2009. I don’t know why my body does that. Sometimes I can sleep standing up ,and with my eyes open.
Re: Tell Us About Your Scariest Experience by Ndipe(m): 3:45am On Jun 22, 2018
Almost being drowned at a stream very close to my secondary school. I was in Jss1 newly admitted into boarding house less than 2 weeks when I went to the village stream for the first time. I was so excited that there was another stream because I love going to the streams. Upon arrival, I 'swum' and got into the deeper part of the stream. When I tried to emerge, to my horror and fear, I couldnt emerge. I struggled mightily to wade off, but the waves was too strong for me while I was sinking and grew tired and weak. A voice cautioned me, "If nobody rescues you, you are going to perish." My parents were in Calabar thinking their son was gradually adjusting to boarding house. Off shore, people were screaming in alarm until someone hastily jumped in and then pulled me out to safety. (This is a true life story). I still patronized the stream though I learnt my lesson and avoided the deeper parts. But I do tell you the truth that several years later on one of our normal routine, I saw a bicycle parked at the banks of the stream. Later on, one of my roommates told me that a fellow villager had drowned in that same stream, hence the explanation of the mystery of that bicycle. I sometimes cringe in terror that it could have happened to me and what a deadly blow it would have been to my parents and family members. Thank God.
Re: Tell Us About Your Scariest Experience by Endsars2020: 1:52pm On Jan 03, 2021
14 years later sounds so interesting and thrilling.

texazzpete:
My Scary story. . .
I jogged down to the guest house, pounded on the gate. i'd forgotten they lock the gate by 12 midnight and they don't ever open it until 6am. I knock tire, no answer. I didnt carry my fone because of fear of theft.

Scare #1

Scare #2
About 600m down the road, i was already recovering from the poilce scare when i started really getting scared abt how quiet and ghostly the whole place was. all the tales i'd been hearing on flesh-eating cannibals and kidnappers/ritualists started surfacing. it didn't help when i jogged past a house and saw an old woman raking leaves together and burning them. What kinda person would be burning leaves at 12:30am? And she looked so witch-like. the next house had like 3 youths outside talking in hushed tones. all fell silent and watched me jog pass. I come dey fear, come dey regret say i go watch match that day. The next thing i knew, something moving very very fast flew just above my head. you know the kind of noise and disturbance u feel/hear when someone throws a stone very close to your ear? that's what it felt like. But this was somethin gmuch faster and silent.

Scare #3

I hammered on the gate and someone finally woke up, where i was led, shaking and gibbering some incomprehensible stuff about witches and policemen and Arrows and bakassi boys. . . the only thing they could make of this was that Man Utd won grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gender Inequality ("Men Always Like To Be Domineering") / I Love Ramsey Noah Junior,for The Past 5 Years Now What Can I Do To Let Him Know / From This List, What's The One Chore You Absolutely Hate To Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.