Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,819 members, 7,802,623 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

"I Am Still Entitled To $800m Compensation" - Nnamdi Kanu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Am Still Entitled To $800m Compensation" - Nnamdi Kanu (43912 Views)

Sowore: Moghalu says, Even Accused Persons Are Entitled To Due Process. / I Am Still Entitled To $800m Compensation – Nnamdi Kanu / Nnamdi Kanu Has Jumped Bail, His $800m Suit Purposeless - FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Am Still Entitled To $800m Compensation" - Nnamdi Kanu by dre11(m): 7:30am On Dec 04, 2017
Ade Adesomoju , Abuja

The leader of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra , Nnamdi Kanu , has said that despite being granted bail by the Federal High Court in Abuja where he is being prosecuted alongside others on charges of treasonable felony , he is still entitled to the $ 800 m compensation for his alleged unlawful arrest and detention in 2015.

This is contained in his response to the motion filed by the Federal Government asking the Community Court of the Economic Community of West African States sitting in Abuja to dismiss a fundamental human rights enforcement suit filed by the IPOB leader.

Kanu had filed the suit on March 3 , 2016 demanding $ 800 m as compensation from the Federal Government for his alleged unlawful arrest in 2015 and detention .

But the Federal Government , through its lawyer , Mrs . Maimuna Shiru, filed its motion on November 13 , stating that Kanu having been granted bail by the Federal High Court in Abuja on April 25, 2017 , and allegedly jumped bail, the judgment of the ECOWAS Court on the suit would serve no purpose .

But Kanu , through his lawyer , Mr. Ifeanyi Ejiofor , objected to the Federal Government ’ s motion contending that granting bail to the IPOB leader was just a partial satisfaction of prayers sought in the suit .

He maintained that the ECOWAS Court had the power to grant his client the $ 800 m compensation sought since the IPOB leader’ s rights had been violated .

Ejiofor stated in his written address , “We submit therefore that the court has powers to order for payment of compensatory damages when found that the plaintiff ’ s right has been violated . ”

http://punchng.com/im-still-entitled-to-800m-compensation-says-kanu/

2 Shares

Re: "I Am Still Entitled To $800m Compensation" - Nnamdi Kanu by squash47(m): 7:48am On Dec 04, 2017
Trash

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Still Entitled To $800m Compensation" - Nnamdi Kanu by boss01: 7:48am On Dec 04, 2017
Come n collect it now. Thief

185 Likes 12 Shares

Re: "I Am Still Entitled To $800m Compensation" - Nnamdi Kanu by hatchy(f): 7:49am On Dec 04, 2017
OK Na!

Let's see if you will come back from the land of the dead to collect money.

You are gone for ever and for good. That is what happens to the stubborn fly,it follows the corps to the grave.

Anuofia!

88 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "I Am Still Entitled To $800m Compensation" - Nnamdi Kanu by duduade: 7:49am On Dec 04, 2017
800 what.... Compenser ni... Nonsense

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Am Still Entitled To $800m Compensation" - Nnamdi Kanu by olawalepopoola: 7:49am On Dec 04, 2017
Where he de. Make he show he face.

23 Likes

Re: "I Am Still Entitled To $800m Compensation" - Nnamdi Kanu by ElsonMorali: 7:49am On Dec 04, 2017
So they've found him? Thought he was dead.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Still Entitled To $800m Compensation" - Nnamdi Kanu by madridguy(m): 7:51am On Dec 04, 2017
grin grin grin

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "I Am Still Entitled To $800m Compensation" - Nnamdi Kanu by omololu2020(m): 7:51am On Dec 04, 2017
boss01:
Come n collect it now. Thief
if his right has been trampled upon, then he is entitled to it

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "I Am Still Entitled To $800m Compensation" - Nnamdi Kanu by Michael004: 8:12am On Dec 04, 2017
Where is he talking from?

50 Likes

Re: "I Am Still Entitled To $800m Compensation" - Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 8:17am On Dec 04, 2017
see dem up... grin

Afonjas zombies..

mention KANU..and Summon dia Spirit..

wetin name "Jesus" be to Devil..

na so KANU be to Afonjas..

the name that causes confusion in Afonja yoots

BP to dia older one's ..

and death to cowards among dem..

the name they all love to hate..cause can't do nothing.. after trying all..
even the fallen angel is so scared of the name..

long live the LEGEND.
IPOB is the movement..

we never die..
we multiply..

JEALOUS ONE'S STIL ENVY..

they gat no choice,

118 Likes 14 Shares

Re: "I Am Still Entitled To $800m Compensation" - Nnamdi Kanu by Bari22: 8:19am On Dec 04, 2017
Come out and collect your $800m and Biafra together

140 Likes 11 Shares

Re: "I Am Still Entitled To $800m Compensation" - Nnamdi Kanu by Bari22: 8:21am On Dec 04, 2017
bounty007:
see dem up... grin

Afonjas zombies..

BP to dia older one's ..

long live the LEGEND.
IPOB is the movement..

we never die..
we multiply..

they gat no choice,

Tell that to Atiku your new Messiah

The true legend is the one who stay and fight for his people not one who ran away leaving his people in the middle of war

126 Likes 10 Shares

Re: "I Am Still Entitled To $800m Compensation" - Nnamdi Kanu by NeeKlaus: 8:22am On Dec 04, 2017
bounty007:
see dem up... grin

Afonjas zombies..

BP to dia older one's ..

long live the LEGEND.
IPOB is the movement..

we never die..
we multiply..

they gat no choice,
Na so. I hope you were there at Umuahia that day. Else, if you weren't, then you are just another online warrior.

77 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "I Am Still Entitled To $800m Compensation" - Nnamdi Kanu by Bolustical: 8:22am On Dec 04, 2017
How does a person that IPOB claimed has been killed or incarcerated demand money?

Does the dead speak?

This is to show what drives the movement ab initio, MONEY. The 22 million dollars IPOB worldwide alleged he cornered is not enough!

800 million dollars? Not even 100! How much is his state Abia worth?

An average flatinoooo is driven by avarice.

92 Likes 10 Shares

Re: "I Am Still Entitled To $800m Compensation" - Nnamdi Kanu by Bolustical: 8:22am On Dec 04, 2017
How much is Abia + Ebonyi states combined? Are they worth half a billion dollars?

These people just spew nonsense at will.

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "I Am Still Entitled To $800m Compensation" - Nnamdi Kanu by boss01: 8:31am On Dec 04, 2017
omololu2020:
if his right has been trampled upon, then he is entitled to it
$800m? Which right is that, did they kill his whole family

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Am Still Entitled To $800m Compensation" - Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 8:32am On Dec 04, 2017
Bari22:

Tell that to Atiku your new Messiah

The true legend is the one who stay and fight for his people not one who ran away leaving his people in the middle of war

Na so. I hope you were there at Umuahia that day. Else, if you weren't, then you are just another online warrior.

no time..

will assure you both..
at the mention of KaNu..

your spirits are summoned..

ain't lyin..

this a proof..

to summon Afonjas and zombies..

mention KAnu...

they fear that Name..Die!

more than Demons fear "Jesus'.

believe me.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Am Still Entitled To $800m Compensation" - Nnamdi Kanu by python1: 8:32am On Dec 04, 2017
Come collect am na. Abi na for inside hiding you go collect your 1 trillion dollars? Pig, since dem born you, you don save up to $10k?

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Am Still Entitled To $800m Compensation" - Nnamdi Kanu by omololu2020(m): 8:34am On Dec 04, 2017
boss01:
it's left for the court to decide

2 Likes

Re: "I Am Still Entitled To $800m Compensation" - Nnamdi Kanu by python1: 8:34am On Dec 04, 2017
boss01:
Is his family even worth $10k?

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Am Still Entitled To $800m Compensation" - Nnamdi Kanu by python1: 8:35am On Dec 04, 2017
omololu2020:
it's left for the court to decide
Which court? The "zoo" court?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Am Still Entitled To $800m Compensation" - Nnamdi Kanu by DLondonboiy: 8:36am On Dec 04, 2017
The wisdom of Nnamdi Kanu is not of this world...

Chaii

8 Likes

Re: "I Am Still Entitled To $800m Compensation" - Nnamdi Kanu by Bolustical: 8:36am On Dec 04, 2017
DLondonboiy:

Why are yiu so bitter?

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Am Still Entitled To $800m Compensation" - Nnamdi Kanu by DLondonboiy: 8:37am On Dec 04, 2017
python1:

Is his family even worth $10k?

Dangote!

1 Like

Re: "I Am Still Entitled To $800m Compensation" - Nnamdi Kanu by DLondonboiy: 8:38am On Dec 04, 2017
Bolustical:
How does a person that IPOB claimed has been killed or incarcerated demand money?

Does the dead speak?

This is to show what drives the movement ab initio, MONEY. The 22 million dollars IPOB worldwide alleged he cornered is not enough!

800 million dollars? Not even 100! How much is his state Abia worth?

An average flatinoooo is driven by avarice.

Why are yiu so bitter?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Still Entitled To $800m Compensation" - Nnamdi Kanu by omololu2020(m): 8:39am On Dec 04, 2017
python1:

Which court? The "zoo" court?
grin

11 Likes

Re: "I Am Still Entitled To $800m Compensation" - Nnamdi Kanu by GavelSlam: 9:01am On Dec 04, 2017
python1:
Come collect am na. Abi na for inside hiding you go collect your 1 trillion dollars? Pig, since dem born you, you don save up to $10k?

10K US Dollars or Zimbabwean currency. Person wey no get work before.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Am Still Entitled To $800m Compensation" - Nnamdi Kanu by python1: 9:03am On Dec 04, 2017
GavelSlam:

10K US Dollars or Zimbabwean currency. Person wey no get work before.
Lol, na to just give the fraudster some benefits of doubt na. Person wey dey clean Streets for London and suddenly realised piggery is more lucrative, how can he be thinking of $10k?

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Am Still Entitled To $800m Compensation" - Nnamdi Kanu by GameGod(m): 9:15am On Dec 04, 2017
Monkey angry

15 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Names Elected Leaders / Sanwo-Olu Lifts Curfew Due To EndSARS Riots In Lagos / Governor Wike Threatens To Beat Up Babangida Aliyu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.