Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,020 members, 7,806,995 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

Man Kills Monkey That Looks Like Human Being In Port Harcout. See Reactions - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Man Kills Monkey That Looks Like Human Being In Port Harcout. See Reactions (87243 Views)

Man Kills A Huge Python That 'Visited Him' On His Birthday At 2am (Photos) / Porcupine And Monkey That Were Killed Today (PHOTOS) / Man Hawking 'Suya' Using The Stick To Scratch His Back. See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Kills Monkey That Looks Like Human Being In Port Harcout. See Reactions by freecocoa(f): 10:30pm On Dec 04, 2017
freshvine:

i'm helping to inculcate morals in u but ur case is more of psychiatric evaluation. i went thru ur last 30 posts here and all posts with attitudes...honestly you need help
I thought you said you are married, what is your obsession with another woman? I'm as straight as the number 1, why follow me about? So much so to have the time to go through my posts, is that not stalking? You are the one that needs help. I've told you I can't give you what you seem to want, why not go to the sexuality section, I'm sure there are ladies there willing to play ball, leave me be, I'm taken, face your imaginary husband please.

Its been over a year or so, give up already, I'll never like you, stop trying to famz biatch.
Re: Man Kills Monkey That Looks Like Human Being In Port Harcout. See Reactions by calliope(f): 10:39pm On Dec 04, 2017
freecocoa:
God punish you and everything you stand for. Witch
Lol. Babe your blood dey boil oo. grin calm down na
Re: Man Kills Monkey That Looks Like Human Being In Port Harcout. See Reactions by Tozara(m): 10:41pm On Dec 04, 2017
Exciton:

At the fundamental level, there's no reason why you can't roast your siblings for dinner. However, over time, we (well, most human beings) have developed a society with laws/morals e.g one in which it is unacceptable to feed on fellow human beings. So, it is obvious that there should be a natural aversion to eating fellow primates with similar physical features. A cannibalistic society would surely see nothing wrong in eating monkeys, chimps and the likes. But such is very close to the "moral lines" that we've created.

I guess you should understand better now.
Apparently, there can be no question in the slightest, that the fellow who went hunting a monkey for dinner is a clown and an idiot---despite all the warnings about Monkey Pox, this savage cretin still went on to indulge in the stupidity of hunting one down, to have it as meal. If he doesn't care for his own health and safety, and if that shouldn't be of concern to us, at least, he should be held accountable to the people with whom he cohabits, for the danger he might expose them to - in fact, getting him arrested wouldn't be too harsh a measure.

The health risk attached apart, however, there should be nothing wrong in killing and eating monkeys----of course, it can be LEGALLY wrong (courtesy of Conservation Laws), but it definitely can't be MORALLY wrong, since Monkeys are animals, primate or no primate, that do not belong to the Human species - the only animal that has RIGHTS, and that, rationally, SHOULD have rights.

So, if we can kill goats, cows, turkeys etc for food, I don't think there's anything instrinsically wrong in killing monkeys for the same purpose.
Re: Man Kills Monkey That Looks Like Human Being In Port Harcout. See Reactions by freecocoa(f): 10:45pm On Dec 04, 2017
Abbeycharles:
Is that the best you can come up with.. Who would even want to stand before a free fccck like you? Kindly channel your attention to those who need your smelly vagina not me. You're an attention seeker and you've got no shame

I repeat, get the fccck off my mention you daughter of Jazebel
I won't say it's the best but it was appropriate.

If you have no interest in the vagina, why mention it? Aren't you a f00l calling a vagina you never been anywhere near, smelly?

You keep saying attention seeker like you are worth shyt, who's attention am I seeking exactly? Yours?

You jumped on my case and have the temerity to tell me to not mention you? May you die a miserable death ten times over, you blawdy Fvcktard(chai! Sagamite my friend, how I miss you) ehen, as I was saying, you are so hopeless I really sincerely feel for your folks, but I think they may have other children, who hopefully, aren't like you, at least that way, they have people to depend on in old age, cos as compared to you, a pet dog is more useful.

Come and push me off the mention since you know not your mate or place. You people are just lucky I swore off some curse words, thank your stars.
Re: Man Kills Monkey That Looks Like Human Being In Port Harcout. See Reactions by freecocoa(f): 10:48pm On Dec 04, 2017
calliope:

Lol. Babe your blood dey boil oo. grin calm down na
Lol, don't mind me. These people be testing me. grin
Re: Man Kills Monkey That Looks Like Human Being In Port Harcout. See Reactions by dnawah(m): 10:54pm On Dec 04, 2017
mamatayour:
Onijekuje.....how much u go take buy fish abi meat for market? Una no dey fear Ebola again ba shocked
not even it pox
Re: Man Kills Monkey That Looks Like Human Being In Port Harcout. See Reactions by Tozara(m): 10:57pm On Dec 04, 2017
1Sharon:

because monkey are primates and closely related to humans unlike cows nd goats. Which is why he said that undecided
But are they members of human society for our laws and values to apply to them?

Can a monkey self-reflect? Can it philosophize? Is it self-conscious? Can it recognize the rights of others or its duties towards a State? Is it capable of respecting constituted authority?

There's more to US than just our appearance and physiology. We are INTELLIGENT---animals are not. A monkey is the same as the rest, in relation to humans. The gap between us is so astronomical it might as well be infinite.

Closely-related or not, primate or no primate, as long as they can't participate as members of our society and become signatories to our SOCIAL CONTRACT, they should be treated like other animals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Kills Monkey That Looks Like Human Being In Port Harcout. See Reactions by freshvine(f): 10:58pm On Dec 04, 2017
freecocoa:
I thought you said you are married, what is your obsession with another woman? I'm as straight as the number 1, why follow me about? So much so to have the time to go through my posts, is that not stalking? You are the one that needs help. I've told you I can't give you what you seem to want, why not go to the sexuality section, I'm sure there are ladies there willing to play ball, leave me be, I'm taken, face your imaginary husband please.

Its been over a year or so, give up already, I'll never like you, stop trying to famz biatch.

Delusion of grandeur!

Object Of Seex.
Re: Man Kills Monkey That Looks Like Human Being In Port Harcout. See Reactions by ProElite: 11:09pm On Dec 04, 2017
Security Man wey dey chop dog, naaa him Colleague he dey chop.
Re: Man Kills Monkey That Looks Like Human Being In Port Harcout. See Reactions by freshvine(f): 11:11pm On Dec 04, 2017
Tozara:
But are they members of human society for our laws and values to apply to them?

Can a monkey self-reflect? Can it philosophize? Is it self-conscious? Can it recognize the rights of others or its duties towards a State? Is it capable of respecting constituted authority?

There's more to US than just our appearance and physiology. We are INTELLIGENT---animals are not. A monkey is the same as the rest, in relation to humans. The gap between us is so astronomical it might as well be infinite.

Closely-related or not, primate or no primate, as long as they can't participate as members of our society and become signatories to our SOCIAL CONTRACT, they should be treated like other animals.

american govt flew a pander in a chartered cargo aircraft back to china. just a single pander!

stop the killing of endangered specie. consume only animals we human rear for consumption.
Re: Man Kills Monkey That Looks Like Human Being In Port Harcout. See Reactions by freecocoa(f): 11:16pm On Dec 04, 2017
freshvine:

Delusion of grandeur!

Object Of Seex.
Yes o, leave this object alone. is all.

Stop stalking her.
Re: Man Kills Monkey That Looks Like Human Being In Port Harcout. See Reactions by Tozara(m): 11:24pm On Dec 04, 2017
freshvine:

american govt flew a pander in a chartered cargo aircraft back to china. just a single pander!

stop the killing of endangered specie. consume only animals we human rear for consumption.
We have no MORAL obligations to stop the killing of endangered species---that prohibition is based on a LEGAL reason, which has more to do with human interest (preservation of certain species for OUR OWN USE---ecosystem issues), not because these animals are humans whose rights should be respected. Cause, even if you try to be a hippie baby that promotes these ideas (animal rights), you'll be surprised the brutish creatures won't return the favour when it reaches THEIR TURN to respect YOUR RIGHTS, since they're incapable of doing that---they literally don't understand that kind of shiit. So, there's no point in it whatsoever. Or would you charge them to court? The judge would be speaking into a vacuum. grin

Keep in mind that I did say earlier that killing certain animals can be legally wrong, due to CONSERVATION LAWS. My entire point being that, there's nothing wrong in killing them per se----that argument of being fellow primates is baseless and pointless. smiley
Re: Man Kills Monkey That Looks Like Human Being In Port Harcout. See Reactions by freshvine(f): 11:24pm On Dec 04, 2017
freecocoa:
Yes o, leave this object alone. is all.

Stop stalking her.

It's Like Ur Scammer Boyfriend, Chucky234 Had Left You Hence The Bitterness. Goodnight.
Re: Man Kills Monkey That Looks Like Human Being In Port Harcout. See Reactions by freshvine(f): 11:34pm On Dec 04, 2017
Tozara... I Put It To U That We're Not Alone. There Are Other Superior Beings Respecting The Human Race Space Out Of Morality Too. Should They Invade Us...Hmmm
Re: Man Kills Monkey That Looks Like Human Being In Port Harcout. See Reactions by Emerikoss: 11:42pm On Dec 04, 2017
freecocoa:
See how they insult him as if monkey, isn't a 'normal' delicacy in Nigeria, smh.

People can pretend eh.
Wee you keep kwayet!!!
Re: Man Kills Monkey That Looks Like Human Being In Port Harcout. See Reactions by Emerikoss: 11:43pm On Dec 04, 2017
coolie1:
f

some of you talk stupidly don't you kill chicken, cow, goats does it mean u can kill a human being

#talkwithsense

You too talk with sense, you don't know the evolution of Man, btw does that not look like a baby to you? smh.
Re: Man Kills Monkey That Looks Like Human Being In Port Harcout. See Reactions by Tozara(m): 11:46pm On Dec 04, 2017
freshvine:
Tozara... I Put It To U That We're Not Alone. There Are Other Superior Beings Respecting The Human Race Space Out Of Morality Too. Should They Invade Us...Hmmm
That's not the point. Humans also invade each other's territories, they wage wars of aggression--World Wars I & II [totally unnecessary catastrophes and cataclysmic upheavals] come to mind. But it's the same humans that agree to an armistice, call for cease-fire, sign treaties among themselves. They are capable of reasoning with one another, coming to an agreement, stating terms and conditions---they're conscious, rational and intelligent! That's why we don't live in the jungle, that's why we went from savage hunter-gatherers at the middle of the food-chain to Gods and founders of civilizations at the very top of the pyramid. Doesn't that quite explain why we refer to those who fall short of this human standard as ANIMALS and barbaric bastards?

Animals cannever be a part of our society---unless they evolve our kind of intelligence. We can definitely REASON with INTELLIGENT alien species from another world. That's the basis for making social contracts, for agreeing on constitutions and laws, and for founding civilizations and societies.

Animals only exist for jungle habitation and human exploitation.

1 Like

Re: Man Kills Monkey That Looks Like Human Being In Port Harcout. See Reactions by Abbeycharles(m): 12:12am On Dec 05, 2017
freecocoa:
I won't say it's the best but it was appropriate.

If you have no interest in the vagina, why mention it? Aren't you a f00l calling a vagina you never been anywhere near, smelly?

You keep saying attention seeker like you are worth shyt, who's attention am I seeking exactly? Yours?

You jumped on my case and have the temerity to tell me to not mention you? May you die a miserable death ten times over, you blawdy Fvcktard(chai! Sagamite my friend, how I miss you) ehen, as I was saying, you are so hopeless I really sincerely feel for your folks, but I think they may have other children, who hopefully, aren't like you, at least that way, they have people to depend on in old age, cos as compared to you, a pet dog is more useful.

Come and push me off the mention since you know not your mate or place. You people are just lucky I swore off some curse words, thank your stars.
Look at the way she's even talking like a tout. Isn't it obvious you're a child of failed parenting?

Everything you've written should be directed to your mum who failed to perform her duty as a mother in bringing up this piece of shiit she calls a child.

Yeye parents, foolish child
Re: Man Kills Monkey That Looks Like Human Being In Port Harcout. See Reactions by Aarenasbaba(m): 1:01am On Dec 05, 2017
He killed another human being from obasanjo,oshiomole species
Re: Man Kills Monkey That Looks Like Human Being In Port Harcout. See Reactions by Exciton(m): 2:00am On Dec 05, 2017
Tozara:
Apparently, there can be no question in the slightest, that the fellow who went hunting a monkey for dinner is a clown and an idiot---despite all the warnings about Monkey Pox, this savage cretin still went on to indulge in the stupidity of hunting one down, to have it as meal. If he doesn't care for his own health and safety, and if that shouldn't be of concern to us, at least, he should be held accountable to the people with whom he cohabits, for the danger he might expose them to - in fact, getting him arrested wouldn't be too harsh a measure.

The health risk attached apart, however, there should be nothing wrong in killing and eating monkeys----of course, it can be LEGALLY wrong (courtesy of Conservation Laws), but it definitely can't be MORALLY wrong, since Monkeys are animals, primate or no primate, that do not belong to the Human species - the only animal that has RIGHTS, and that, rationally, SHOULD have rights.

So, if we can kill goats, cows, turkeys etc for food, I don't think there's anything instrinsically wrong in killing monkeys for the same purpose.

I said it was "close" to the moral lines drawn. Not immoral.

By the way, I've read your other posts and your basic [black and white] premise that animals are dumb and humans are smart is quite wrong. There's loads of interesting sources you can read online. There's an experiment which shows that monkeys understand the concept of inequality and injustice for example. Crows are quite smart. Evidence for language, cooperation, memory, trickery etc suggests that some animals might be conscious in their own way. It's a young field, especially since we know very little about consciousness, but it's very interesting.

Also, you need to always remember that social development always lags behind scientific advancement -- time is needed for new facts to become common sense or for us to fully understand their philosophical implications. The climate change issue and wild life conservation are good examples. You can imagine that in the future the "moral line" might expand to include animals proven to possess some threshold of sentience.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Kills Monkey That Looks Like Human Being In Port Harcout. See Reactions by Exciton(m): 2:08am On Dec 05, 2017
Daeylar:

This scares me and makes me laugh at the same time.
I guess it's just the deadpan way in which it's written.
Saying something that's considered outrageous in such a matter-of-fact way.

Haha!

All of society (government, justice, the Constitution, morality, good, evil etc) is really nothing but a social construct. However, it is necessary to have them if we don't wanna live short, brutish lives devoid of beauty like science, art etc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Kills Monkey That Looks Like Human Being In Port Harcout. See Reactions by Tozara(m): 5:57am On Dec 05, 2017
Exciton:

I said it was "close" to the moral lines drawn. Not immoral.

By the way, I've read your other posts and your basic [black and white] premise that animals are dumb and humans are smart is quite wrong. There's loads of interesting sources you can read online. There's an experiment which shows that monkeys understand the concept of inequality and injustice for example. Crows are quite smart. Evidence for language, cooperation, memory, trickery etc suggests that some animals might be conscious in their own way. It's a young field, especially since we know very little about consciousness, but it's very interesting.
All these are possessed to a quite limited degree. I doubt they can make them capable of the sophistication required for living with humans, as creatures with rights, who understand the concept of government, rights and society.

Also, you need to always remember that social development always lags behind scientific advancement -- time is needed for new facts to become common sense or for us to fully understand their philosophical implications. The climate change issue and wild life conservation are good examples. You can imagine that in the future the "moral line" might expand to include animals proven to possess some threshold of sentience.
True. But the extent of their rights and membership of human society would still be greatly limited.
Re: Man Kills Monkey That Looks Like Human Being In Port Harcout. See Reactions by Daeylar(f): 8:43am On Dec 05, 2017
Exciton:

Haha!

All of society (government, justice, the Constitution, morality, good, evil etc) is really nothing but a social construct. However, it is necessary to have them if we don't wanna live short, brutish lives devoid of beauty like science, art etc.
True.
Re: Man Kills Monkey That Looks Like Human Being In Port Harcout. See Reactions by marooh: 8:44am On Dec 05, 2017
Obj look at ur bros shocked
Re: Man Kills Monkey That Looks Like Human Being In Port Harcout. See Reactions by Daeylar(f): 8:44am On Dec 05, 2017
Exciton:

Haha!

Was that your intention? Lol, it really made me laugh. cheesy
Re: Man Kills Monkey That Looks Like Human Being In Port Harcout. See Reactions by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 05, 2017
Ebola Reloading

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pictures of Giant Manta Ray Fish Caught Near Bonny Island / My Brother's Trap Caught 2 Big Antelopes Today (Photos) / 5 Foods That Helps In Increasing Sperm Count.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.