Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,952 members, 7,806,760 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

Women Do You Eat The Best Meat In The Pot And Keep Trash For Your Husband? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Women Do You Eat The Best Meat In The Pot And Keep Trash For Your Husband? (2520 Views)

Five Confirmed Dead After Eating Dog Meat In Rivers / How To Eat Meat In Public? / Do You Eat The Skin Of A Mango!?!? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women Do You Eat The Best Meat In The Pot And Keep Trash For Your Husband? by Rightworld(m): 10:59am On Mar 29, 2010
Please i need sincerity in your reply. A friend of mine that got married about a year ago is the person experiencing these. He said his wife served him smaller parts of meats, fish and any other food prepared by his wife, and she will keep the best for herself. That anytime his wife cocked chicken, that is own parts are the wings,neck,and the back. This friend come back late from work, so they don't eat together.
HOW DO YOU, AND HOW IS YOUR HUSBAND FOOD SUPPOSE TO BE DISHED?
Re: Women Do You Eat The Best Meat In The Pot And Keep Trash For Your Husband? by harakiri(m): 10:49pm On Mar 29, 2010
Rightworld:

Please i need sincerity in your reply. A friend of mine that got married about a year ago is the person experiencing these. He said his wife served him smaller parts of meats, fish and any other food prepared by his wife, and she will keep the best for herself. That anytime his wife cocked chicken, that is own parts are the wings,neck,and the back. This friend come back late from work, so they don't eat together.

If your friend knows anything about cooking, then he will know that the wings,neck and especially the back are the juiciest parts in a chicken (if it's divided well).Chicken thighs are just hype.There's not much meat in it compared to other parts.It just looks attractive.Period!

If your friend can cook, then let him take out weekends to cook in the house and give the wife the parts he doesn't like. . .that will send a message.In between, this is an issue he should iron out with his wife.Coming to NL is a lil over board.

Cheers.
Re: Women Do You Eat The Best Meat In The Pot And Keep Trash For Your Husband? by fifi09(f): 4:21am On Mar 30, 2010
Rightworld:

This is just way TOO Funny… I have never laughed so hard on the computer as I have today. grin grin grin

… Ouch, my throat hurts soooo bad.
Re: Women Do You Eat The Best Meat In The Pot And Keep Trash For Your Husband? by tpiah: 9:23am On Mar 30, 2010
in Nigeria, you're supposed to reserve the best part of the meat for your husband. Overseas, its not such a big deal most times because the meat would be in excess, together with extra calories and related health problems.

Anyway, the man should tell the wife he prefers the drumsticks, etc and also if possible, buy more chicken so there'll be enough "tasty parts" to go round. In this instance, he can eat his cake and have it.

If they both like drumsticks, then buy enough drumsticks to satisfy both of them. These days there's frozen chicken.
Re: Women Do You Eat The Best Meat In The Pot And Keep Trash For Your Husband? by NNS83: 12:56pm On Mar 30, 2010
This is truly strange! I give my hubby the best even though there is 1 piece left, I would rather he have the meat than me.
My mother did it , so I learned from her. smiley
Re: Women Do You Eat The Best Meat In The Pot And Keep Trash For Your Husband? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Mar 31, 2010
Yes. It's tasty trash innit? tongue tongue grin grin
Re: Women Do You Eat The Best Meat In The Pot And Keep Trash For Your Husband? by tpiah: 7:50pm On Mar 31, 2010
even if there's only one piece of meat left in the stew, na my husband go get am.

that's how I roll as a dedicated African woman, and I see nairaland has gotten boring again hence the strange topics here and there.
Re: Women Do You Eat The Best Meat In The Pot And Keep Trash For Your Husband? by dominique(f): 10:51pm On Mar 31, 2010
whenever i cook, my parents gets the biggest and juiciest pieces of meat.
i'll most def extent the privilege to my husband when i get married.
Re: Women Do You Eat The Best Meat In The Pot And Keep Trash For Your Husband? by iice(f): 3:21pm On Apr 01, 2010
I tend to get what's left undecided I do it with my brothers too. Give them the best parts. My parents on the other hand are the opposite, they eat what's left cheesy kiss They let us get the best parts smiley Yes we're kind of a weird family cool
Re: Women Do You Eat The Best Meat In The Pot And Keep Trash For Your Husband? by Nobody: 12:47am On Apr 02, 2010
Oh my God grin grin grin grin Kids shouldnt be allowed to get married grin grin grin
Re: Women Do You Eat The Best Meat In The Pot And Keep Trash For Your Husband? by tpiah: 12:50am On Apr 02, 2010
meats for the belly and the belly for meats but both will still end up six feet under anyway.
Re: Women Do You Eat The Best Meat In The Pot And Keep Trash For Your Husband? by Nobody: 11:29am On Apr 02, 2010
Rightworld:

You didn't say

Re: Women Do You Eat The Best Meat In The Pot And Keep Trash For Your Husband? by Shola2009(m): 12:44am On Apr 03, 2010
If your friend can cook, then let him take out weekends to cook in the house and give the wife the parts he doesn't like. . .that will send a message.In between, this is an issue he should iron out with his wife.Coming to NL is a lil over board.
plain and simple.
Re: Women Do You Eat The Best Meat In The Pot And Keep Trash For Your Husband? by eridah2007(m): 10:51am On Apr 04, 2010
lol.The truth is dat most 9ga woman realy likes meat 3much,but not to that extent of keep d best part to themselves alone.
Hahaha,ONLY ME GO CHOP. lol. grin grin
Re: Women Do You Eat The Best Meat In The Pot And Keep Trash For Your Husband? by adetoru(f): 8:55pm On Apr 14, 2010
No trash in my pot and hubby and I mostly eat from same plate
Re: Women Do You Eat The Best Meat In The Pot And Keep Trash For Your Husband? by Rightworld(m): 12:57am On Apr 21, 2010
Thank for your responses so far.
Re: Women Do You Eat The Best Meat In The Pot And Keep Trash For Your Husband? by ritapearl(f): 5:46pm On Apr 21, 2010
Una wan take laugh kill me? Nairalanders!!!!! OMG!
Re: Women Do You Eat The Best Meat In The Pot And Keep Trash For Your Husband? by Sissy3(f): 7:29am On Apr 22, 2010
Rightworld:

Lfamo, smart woman. grin grin grin grin
Re: Women Do You Eat The Best Meat In The Pot And Keep Trash For Your Husband? by Leilah(f): 11:23pm On Apr 23, 2010
This is funny! cos I do just this I'm not telling you what parts I like the best though,
Re: Women Do You Eat The Best Meat In The Pot And Keep Trash For Your Husband? by agathamari(f): 8:49pm On May 02, 2010
who ever cooks (man or woman) gets first dibs. then oldest to youngest
Re: Women Do You Eat The Best Meat In The Pot And Keep Trash For Your Husband? by GL(f): 4:25am On May 22, 2010
grin grin grin

this is so funny. why can't they buy just the parts they both like?

there shouldn't be trash in the pot to start with, and i think whoever cooks should serve others first.
Re: Women Do You Eat The Best Meat In The Pot And Keep Trash For Your Husband? by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 22, 2010
After cooking, my mom always sets her husband's food aside [the best of the pot] before we all dip in.

I say nonsense, the first person to get to the pot first. . . . tongue cheesy
Re: Women Do You Eat The Best Meat In The Pot And Keep Trash For Your Husband? by larana(f): 4:02pm On May 25, 2010
haba, its not very nice to eat the best meats and leave trash for ur husby, if my husband ehn, he will reject that food outrightly so i dont even try it wit him.
Re: Women Do You Eat The Best Meat In The Pot And Keep Trash For Your Husband? by Rightworld(m): 10:19pm On Jun 22, 2010
larana:

haba, its not very nice to eat the best meats and leave trash for your husby, if my husband ehn, he will reject that food outrightly so i dont even try it wit him.
Thank you
Re: Women Do You Eat The Best Meat In The Pot And Keep Trash For Your Husband? by eyzhvntsn: 9:58am On Jul 21, 2010
Ok now, this is one funny topic. Quite funny indeed.
The wife likes meat jo, make she carry go.
Re: Women Do You Eat The Best Meat In The Pot And Keep Trash For Your Husband? by lemmycop: 2:05pm On Oct 28, 2010
The head should get the best part always, cool
Re: Women Do You Eat The Best Meat In The Pot And Keep Trash For Your Husband? by MyJoe: 4:49pm On Oct 29, 2010
Very very funny.

harakiri:

If your friend knows anything about cooking, then he will know that the wings,neck and especially the back are the juiciest parts in a chicken (if it's divided well).Chicken thighs are just hype.There's not much meat in it compared to other parts.It just looks attractive.Period!
Doesn't matter. I would share the thigh with her, maybe even feed it to her, but she giving it to him in the first place is symbolic. This woman did not give her husband wings and neck because, as you put it, they are sweeter. She did it because she is gluttonous, low-minded, and incapable of proper thinking. Most women I know give their husband the best parts without thinking about it.

harakiri:

Cheers.
Won't solve the problem. A woman this dumb will simply see that as the husband upping the competition and will dig in in her stupidity even more. What we have here says a lot about the character of the woman in question.

Ebonyeyes:

Oh my God  grin grin grin grin Kids shouldnt be allowed to get married grin grin grin
Right.
Re: Women Do You Eat The Best Meat In The Pot And Keep Trash For Your Husband? by MissyB3(f): 6:08pm On Oct 29, 2010
MyJoe:

Very very funny.
I would share the thigh with her, maybe even feed it to her, but she giving it to him in the first place is symbolic.
Remember to do this, when next I give you the thigh. wink
Re: Women Do You Eat The Best Meat In The Pot And Keep Trash For Your Husband? by MyJoe: 6:41pm On Oct 29, 2010
Missy ★ B:

Remember to do this, when next I give you the thigh. wink
Hurriedly arranges the tables and sits waiting for the dish. smiley
Re: Women Do You Eat The Best Meat In The Pot And Keep Trash For Your Husband? by MissyB3(f): 11:29pm On Oct 29, 2010

tongue tongue grin
Re: Women Do You Eat The Best Meat In The Pot And Keep Trash For Your Husband? by akunta(f): 2:43pm On Nov 03, 2010
@Missy B,
Goodness me! grin
u sure knw hw to make one slivate,
wit such pics as the one u posted grin wink
Re: Women Do You Eat The Best Meat In The Pot And Keep Trash For Your Husband? by MissyB3(f): 11:45pm On Nov 03, 2010
That's why I'm Missy. tongue
Erhmm Erhmm . . . . whatchu say, prepare meal N°1 for Geroge_D, huh? wink grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kitchen Questions And Answers / Native Soup / What Salt Water Fish Is This? No Scales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.