Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,725 members, 7,805,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

Width Auto Resize To Fit Screen (CSS) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Width Auto Resize To Fit Screen (CSS) (15726 Views)

50gb Disk Space And 50gb Band Width For Just N1,000 | Free 7 Days Test / How To Remove Blogger Sidebar And Create A Full Width Page / How Do I Increase Forum Width On Joomla (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Width Auto Resize To Fit Screen (CSS) by Nobody: 11:14am On Mar 29, 2010
hi guys, is there a way to auto re-size the width to fit the screen?
Re: Width Auto Resize To Fit Screen (CSS) by WebMonk(m): 3:55pm On Mar 29, 2010
The width of what? A div? A table? When the page loads, or when you resize the window? You have to be more specific. Depending on what, the solution (CSS/JS) might apply.
Re: Width Auto Resize To Fit Screen (CSS) by Afam4eva(m): 4:16pm On Mar 29, 2010
You have to use Liquid web design. try something like this in your CSS:

#wholepage { position:absolute; margin:0px; width:100%; }

The "width:100%;" will make it to fit the page.

1 Like

Re: Width Auto Resize To Fit Screen (CSS) by Nobody: 1:19am On Mar 30, 2010
yeah, @poster, go to google and search for how to do a liquid web layout. You can make a 3 column template and
allow the middle column to be liquid while the sidebars are fixed - something like that

Liquid.html
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<title>Untitled Document</title>
<style type="text/css">
<!--
body {
font: 100% Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
background: #666666;
margin: 0; /* it's good practice to zero the margin and padding of the body element to account for differing browser defaults */
padding: 0;
text-align: center; /* this centers the container in IE 5* browsers. The text is then set to the left aligned default in the #container selector */
color: #000000;
}
.oneColLiqCtr #container {
width: 100%; /* this will create a container 80% of the browser width */
background: #FFFFFF;
margin: 0 auto; /* the auto margins (in conjunction with a width) center the page */
border: 1px solid #000000;
text-align: left; /* this overrides the text-align: center on the body element. */
}
.oneColLiqCtr #mainContent {
padding: 0 20px; /* remember that padding is the space inside the div box and margin is the space outside the div box */
}
-->
</style></head>

<body class="oneColLiqCtr">

<div id="container">
<div id="mainContent">
<h1> Main Content </h1>
<p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Praesent aliquam, justo convallis luctus rutrum, erat nulla fermentum diam, at nonummy quam ante ac quam. Maecenas urna purus, fermentum id, molestie in, commodo porttitor, felis. Nam blandit quam ut lacus. Quisque ornare risus quis ligula. Phasellus tristique purus a augue condimentum adipiscing. Aenean sagittis. Etiam leo pede, rhoncus venenatis, tristique in, vulputate at, odio. Donec et ipsum et sapien vehicula nonummy. Suspendisse potenti. Fusce varius urna id quam. Sed neque mi, varius eget, tincidunt nec, suscipit id, libero. In eget purus. Vestibulum ut nisl. Donec eu mi sed turpis feugiat feugiat. Integer turpis arcu, pellentesque eget, cursus et, fermentum ut, sapien. Fusce metus mi, eleifend sollicitudin, molestie id, varius et, nibh. Donec nec libero.</p>
<h2>H2 level heading </h2>
<p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Praesent aliquam, justo convallis luctus rutrum, erat nulla fermentum diam, at nonummy quam ante ac quam. Maecenas urna purus, fermentum id, molestie in, commodo porttitor, felis. Nam blandit quam ut lacus. Quisque ornare risus quis ligula. Phasellus tristique purus a augue condimentum adipiscing. Aenean sagittis. Etiam leo pede, rhoncus venenatis, tristique in, vulputate at, odio.</p>
<!-- end #mainContent --></div>
<!-- end #container --></div>
</body>
</html>
I generated that with dreamweaver cs4 and tweaked it slightly.
Re: Width Auto Resize To Fit Screen (CSS) by Nobody: 10:08am On Mar 30, 2010
Ya DHTML. is right, i honestly don't think this concerns JS. it is strictly styling.

There r two kinda styling fixed or liquid and the one that can be changed,

The other is usually better when it comes to maintainance, But be more lucid with your request.
Re: Width Auto Resize To Fit Screen (CSS) by Afam4eva(m): 1:40pm On Mar 30, 2010
Donpuzo:

Ya DHTML. is right, i honestly don't think this concerns JS. it is strictly styling.

There r two kinda styling fixed or liquid and the one that can be changed,

The other is usually better when it comes to maintainance, But be more lucid with your request.

Where did u see DHTMLs post. O boy wake up.
Re: Width Auto Resize To Fit Screen (CSS) by Nobody: 2:51pm On Mar 30, 2010
Men. Nairaland sucks,

Anyway this is not the first time i am see errors with Nland, If say i smoke or drink Vinno Tinto before posting i go say na my fault,

@Afam4ever. Ok na u post am, Good,
Re: Width Auto Resize To Fit Screen (CSS) by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 31, 2010
and mehn, my post vanished into thin air after i spent several minutes composing it! Mr Poster, i hope you got the drift sha?
Re: Width Auto Resize To Fit Screen (CSS) by Nobody: 7:57pm On Mar 31, 2010
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<head>
<style type="text/css">
<!--
body {
margin: 0; /* it's good practice to zero the margin and padding of the body element to account for differing browser defaults */
text-align: center; /* this centers the container in IE 5* browsers. The text is then set to the left aligned default in the #container selector */
}
margin: 0 auto; /* the auto margins (in conjunction with a width) center the page */
text-align: left; /* this overrides the text-align: center on the body element. */
}
padding: 0 20px; /* remember that padding is the space inside the div box and margin is the space outside the div box */
}
-->
</style></head>

<div id="container">
<div id="mainContent">
<h1> Main Content </h1>
<p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Praesent aliquam, justo convallis luctus rutrum, erat nulla fermentum diam, at nonummy quam ante ac quam. Maecenas urna purus, fermentum id, molestie in, commodo porttitor, felis. Nam blandit quam ut lacus. Quisque ornare risus quis ligula. Phasellus tristique purus a augue condimentum adipiscing. Aenean sagittis. Etiam leo pede, rhoncus venenatis, tristique in, vulputate at, odio. Donec et ipsum et sapien vehicula nonummy. Suspendisse potenti. Fusce varius urna id quam. Sed neque mi, varius eget, tincidunt nec, suscipit id, libero. In eget purus. Vestibulum ut nisl. Donec eu mi sed turpis feugiat feugiat. Integer turpis arcu, pellentesque eget, cursus et, fermentum ut, sapien. Fusce metus mi, eleifend sollicitudin, molestie id, varius et, nibh. Donec nec libero.</p>
<p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Praesent aliquam, justo convallis luctus rutrum, erat nulla fermentum diam, at nonummy quam ante ac quam. Maecenas urna purus, fermentum id, molestie in, commodo porttitor, felis. Nam blandit quam ut lacus. Quisque ornare risus quis ligula. Phasellus tristique purus a augue condimentum adipiscing. Aenean sagittis. Etiam leo pede, rhoncus venenatis, tristique in, vulputate at, odio.</p>
</body>
</html>
This was my post. I explained that this was generated by dreamweaver cs4 - the other story is lost permanently
Re: Width Auto Resize To Fit Screen (CSS) by Nobody: 9:10pm On Apr 01, 2010
and i reposted it again, and yet it vanished a second time. i think i will not post it again, anyone interested in seeing the code can contact me, at least don puzzo claimed to have seen the first one
Re: Width Auto Resize To Fit Screen (CSS) by OmniPotens(m): 1:31am On Apr 02, 2010
Sorry the spam bot is catching at them to be spam post. Already contacted the Admin on it.
Re: Width Auto Resize To Fit Screen (CSS) by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 02, 2010
well. . .
Re: Width Auto Resize To Fit Screen (CSS) by Nobody: 7:53pm On Apr 02, 2010
Jen chat abi na Jchat
Re: Width Auto Resize To Fit Screen (CSS) by c7(m): 9:57pm On Apr 02, 2010
@ *dhtml,
why do u put ur css in html comment.
Re: Width Auto Resize To Fit Screen (CSS) by Nobody: 6:10am On Apr 03, 2010
let me try post this again for the 3rd and last time
Re: Width Auto Resize To Fit Screen (CSS) by Nobody: 6:10am On Apr 03, 2010
<head>
<style type="text/css">
<!--
body {
}
}
}
-->
</style></head>

<div id="container">
<div id="mainContent">
<h1> Main Content </h1>
</body>
</html>
Re: Width Auto Resize To Fit Screen (CSS) by Seun(m): 6:08am On Apr 09, 2010
restored
Re: Width Auto Resize To Fit Screen (CSS) by Nobody: 8:07am On Apr 09, 2010
thank you very much.

(1) (Reply)

2014/2015 Waec Gce Past Questions/answers And Syllabus / Drop Your Website Or Blog Url For Review, And Get Good Backlinks And Traffic / Facebook Unveils 7th Data Center....powered By 100% Renewable Energy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.