Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,940 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? (24919 Views)

About To Divorce My Husband Who Sponsored Me In School. / I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible / Time To Divorce My Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? by adeniyisamuel59(m): 9:51am On Dec 05, 2017
salt1:

I wish this story was fake but you can see others corroborating that it's happening to them too.
Op, no father can continue beating his wife when they have grown children.
People get away with impunity when unchallenged. Calling your dad to order isn't disrespectful. It is a mark of love.

Think of what can happen to your family if you don't do what is right : your dad 'accidentally ' kills your mom and goes to prison. Ten orphaned children! Do something and do it fast otherwise you'll regret the disaster your inaction can cause.

Let me summarize the suggestions :
1. Record an abusive scene
2. All the children 18+ ask your parents to sit down for a meeting. Lead a prayer asking God to be the leader of the deliberations
3. Start on a positive note. Tell dad he's your hero and mentor and you appreciate all the sacrifices he's making to provide for his large household
4. Tell him that you don't like his treatment of your Mom and you all demand it stops immediately so that he doesn't destroy his life, family and ministry
5. Add the subtle threat that you will expose him to shame if there's no change.
6. Let one of your siblings lead the closing prayer asking God to deliver your dad from a hypocritical life that will send him to hell fire.

The abuse will stop.
What is this one saying, if the man is so dangerous and capable of killing her, this guy would not have grown up to recognize and realize his mum is maltreated. A marriage of over 30 years is never a child's play. Let him go and find root for his own family and leave his parents alone. How did he get the little education he got, who trained him, if his parents had seperated, what would have become of them all.
Re: Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? by Adefemiaderoju1: 11:10am On Dec 05, 2017
Divorce is the only options here or leave the house for the so call pastor/husband as soon as possible it is when she's alive she can talk of looking after her own children
Re: Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? by dokkyelele(f): 1:21pm On Dec 05, 2017
tell your mum.....7 days in MFM prayer city will solve her problems...and as for u...be glad because your mother us still there because if u...
ask me how is u don't know...
Re: Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? by londoner: 1:03am On Dec 06, 2017
Preetiex:
Story teller

If you can't find it in your heart to defend your mum physically, that's you.
Re: Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? by whitering: 7:57am On Dec 06, 2017
Adebanji1950:

If you have to come to a public place like this for advice you're not fit to advice anyone. Africans don't sit their father down or talk down on their father especially regarding his home. You are basically challenging his manhood, it's an abomination, stay away from his marriage, respect your mother's decision also.

Common......... So to challenge some abnormalities is now an abomination to you abi. Pls delete that mentality from you psycho.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? by chieni(f): 11:30pm On Dec 14, 2017
Adorbs:
It's obvious your mum hasn't divorced him yet because she has no place to go and you are children aren't comfortable in life at the moment . If not you won't even bother to type this for you would have taken the right action by now.
My mum's husband she had i and my siblings for, did the same thing for almost 25 years before my mum broke loose. Your own case is even better . This man beats my mum every single day that up till now blood rushes out of her nose. He ties her up and cuts her hair with blade and refuses the neighbours entrance when they tried to intervene. Nobody should please say she did something wrong because she didn't, she was the most submissive and quiet woman i have ever came across. Her only crime was that she didn't have any firm of livelihood and that was because he always made sure to spoil her chances and people even her co workers avoided her because of him, he would insult and fight anyone who got close to her and he also made sure she was fully dependent on him for her survival. Mind you she was an orphan so her extended family weren't helpful at all, he locks her in and takes the key, she doesn't go to church even or else the pastor and the whole congregation are in real trouble. He was possessive, jealous, arrogant, and a chronic womanizer and he has a sickening temper. He sleeps with the neighbours, fish sellers, hairdressers just name it. He spends our tuition fees at the time on all these women and we dropped out of school so many times am even surprised am where I am today.
I pleaded and cried for us to leave so many times but she always says to where?.
Till two big of my brothers graduated, got a very job and on one fateful day he went out philandering as usual, we all escaped. Now we are all in a better place but we don't even know if he exists or Not, though we learnt he brought in another woman instantly.
Why did I type all these, because I know if you are comfortable you won't even ask what you should do because by now you would have taken your mum out of that dungeon you called marriage.
Now to all the ladies out there, I know how the society pressures you to get married, but am pleading with you if you are not settled in life don't try it or that man will treat you like thrash and act like your messiah for he knows you are handicapped and he will never respect you.
Take it from someone who isn't desperate for marriage, someone who no man can trample on, for my standards are very high and thanks to my mum's husband I know the kind of man I want in my life and the ones i ought to avoid.
nice
Re: Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? by Ugosample(m): 10:40am On Nov 27, 2018
Adebanji1950:

If you have to come to a public place like this for advice you're not fit to advice anyone. Africans don't sit their father down or talk down on their father especially regarding his home. You are basically challenging his manhood, it's an abomination, stay away from his marriage, respect your mother's decision also.

And that is why Africa is a sheethole society

no form of accountability

spits on this useless continent
Re: Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? by Ugosample(m): 10:44am On Nov 27, 2018
oruma19:
Your father cannot be a pastor. No pastor will behave like this knowing that he will preach to people almost daily. What will he preach? Pls stop telling lies @OP. Much as I am against fake pastors seeking tithe, I will not support tgis kind of manipulation to malign pastors. Some of the pastors we have in Nigeria are real men sent by God. Don't generalise and rubbish all of them.

you don't know what you are saying
Re: Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? by Ugosample(m): 10:52am On Nov 27, 2018
anigbajumo:

You bear ur dad??That is abomination here in Yoruba Land nd is even against religious line

you don't know what's going on

these days, even in "Yoruba land" sons are beating their dads

especially in polygamous homes

I'm not saying it's right, but that is what is going on
Re: Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? by Ugosample(m): 11:03am On Nov 27, 2018
Donjazzy12:
Another foolish male child!
what makes him foolish?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? / Married Couples Who Are Never Intimate But Insist They're Happy / Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.