Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

What Should Pogba Have Done Differently - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / What Should Pogba Have Done Differently (1005 Views)

'Everything I Have Built Has Been Taken Away': Pogba To Appeal Doping Ban / Doping: Paul Pogba Banned For Four Years / Juventus Ready To Offer Two Players To Man United In Exchange For Pogba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should Pogba Have Done Differently by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:48pm On Dec 04, 2017
I was having an argument with some of my homies concerning the Pogba red card and why it should be rescinded. We have argued and argued and come to no logical conclusion.
Why I agree it was careless play. I still maintain it was unintentional and devoid of malice.
We should bear in mind that earlier Bellerin had gone in like that on young and gotten a yellow.
Who the hell tackles like that or did he think he was playing monkey post.

So once again I ask what should Paul Pogba have done differently bearing in mind he does not have automatic brake.

On a lighter note whistle blowers should look into Bellerins account.

Earlier foul on young

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxilTC0hwks

Re: What Should Pogba Have Done Differently by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:48pm On Dec 04, 2017
Collision with Pogba

Kyase bettercreature AndrewFarms seunny4lif Armaedo jusmudi bantino omooba hardon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE0TQiIA12o

Mukina2 Ogbeche77 what do you think.

1 Like

Re: What Should Pogba Have Done Differently by Kyase(m): 6:14pm On Dec 04, 2017
Proudlyngwa:
Collision with Pogba

Kyase bettercreature AndrewFarms seunny4lif Armaedo jusmudi bantino omooba hardon

to me that red was too harsh seriously, Pogba was on the run and there's nothing he could have done differently.
uUnder different circumstances he deserves it.

1 Like

Re: What Should Pogba Have Done Differently by bettercreature(m): 6:15pm On Dec 04, 2017
Pogba was unlucky but it was the right decision.Take a look at saido mane’s red card against city as well,he went for the ball but unfortunately he caught Emerson, either intentional or unintentional it was the correct decision
Go on soccernet or sky sport to read refs verdicts concerning the red card
Re: What Should Pogba Have Done Differently by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:16pm On Dec 04, 2017
Kyase:
to me that red was too harsh seriously, Pogba was on the run and there's nothing he could have done differently.

Under what different conditions are you talking about.

Bellerin slid in with a trailing leg
Re: What Should Pogba Have Done Differently by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:20pm On Dec 04, 2017
bettercreature:
Pogba was unlucky but it was the right decision.Take a look at saido mane’s red card against city as well,he went for the ball but unfortunately he caught Emerson, either intentional or unintentional it was the correct decision

Sadie mane had his leg in an unnatural position, Pogba was running.

Re: What Should Pogba Have Done Differently by bettercreature(m): 6:20pm On Dec 04, 2017
Kyase:

Re: What Should Pogba Have Done Differently by Kyase(m): 6:21pm On Dec 04, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

Under what different conditions are you talking about.

Bellerin slid in with a trailing leg
situation where he is not the one with the ball, like I say earlier the red was too harsh.
Re: What Should Pogba Have Done Differently by Kyase(m): 6:23pm On Dec 04, 2017
bettercreature:
Mane situation is different from Pogba's, mane was coming for the ball, whereas Pogba was with the ball running. I think again the ref was too harsh.
Re: What Should Pogba Have Done Differently by bettercreature(m): 6:26pm On Dec 04, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

Sadie mane had his leg in an unnatural position, Pogba was running.
They both went for the ball just that mane’s tackle was avoidable but pogba’s case wasn’t avoidable because of Bellerins positioning but it’s still a correct call
Re: What Should Pogba Have Done Differently by bettercreature(m): 6:28pm On Dec 04, 2017
Kyase:
Mane situation is different from Pogba's, mane was coming for the ball, whereas Pogba was with the ball running. I think again the ref was too harsh.
we are saying the same thing but it’s still the right call
Re: What Should Pogba Have Done Differently by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:28pm On Dec 04, 2017
Kyase:
situation where he is not the one with the ball, like I say earlier the red was too harsh.

OK I understand your point......

What I don't get is why Bellerin should make exactly the same reckless tackle two times in a row,

Pogba will certainly be a big miss against city
Re: What Should Pogba Have Done Differently by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:34pm On Dec 04, 2017
bettercreature:
They both went for the ball just that mane’s tackle was avoidable but pogba’s case wasn’t avoidable because of Bellerins positioning but it’s still a correct call

Pogba didn't go for the ball, he was with the ball, Bellerin tried to impede him.

Every analyst has his opinion.
The question is what could Pogba have done differently and what precedent is Bellerin trying to set with such awkward positioning.
If all Defenders adopt this approach be prepared to see a lot of REDS

2 Likes

Re: What Should Pogba Have Done Differently by Kyase(m): 6:54pm On Dec 04, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

OK I understand your point......

What I don't get is why Bellerin should make exactly the same reckless tackle two times in a row,

Pogba will certainly be a big miss against city
Pogba will be a miss.
Re: What Should Pogba Have Done Differently by Kyase(m): 6:56pm On Dec 04, 2017
bettercreature:
we are saying the same thing but it’s still the right call
well there's nothing that can be done now.
Re: What Should Pogba Have Done Differently by Bantino(m): 9:22am On Dec 05, 2017
Proudlyngwa:
Collision with Pogba

Yellow would have been better considering the fact that he was on the run and Belerin was not seriously injured.

1 Like

Re: What Should Pogba Have Done Differently by AndrewFarms(m): 9:40am On Dec 05, 2017
Proudlyngwa:
Collision with Pogba

Paul pogba is only human, if you check the timer, you'll see that he only had 2 seconds to react to either jump up, or stop running and we all know that the 2 seconds would have been enough if he was the flash buh unfortunately he isn't (damn.... i wish he was...)
even if he did slow down, stepping on the opponent was still inevitable.... so i would say this is a deliberate action by the opponent to get him booked....
this isnt monkey post so bellerin had no right to go down the way that he did....

what do you think guys....

cc

Donaldduke2019 hardon monolisa185 desquad bmvees Alexchubee Apcmyheart bettercreature ammyluv2002 Crownadex ekhai aieromon Dominique Lesbianboy jusmudi gentle136 Lesbianboy hardon kyase monolisa185 seunny4lif desquad andrewfarms Tvegas hardeycute seunny4lif Proudlyngwa youdondeymad sirfee Geestunnar Ivanlxi don4yeHERSLEY Lily4star Khutie Bibidear dfrost Keneking tripoli007 greatmarshall lomprico ztanleechima Tychamps oluwaseyi000 tolufase zinachidi Ivanlxi arejibadz myners007 jtigwell0 lalasticlala RRWraith Kabeeru abeliver Maximus85 Adaumunocha ibolomo CrEaToRmaldenKingLennon iamharkinwaley mansakhalifa Lh19 HamiidLyon chawtinz xynerise Nelsizzy architectHUrSH ottohan richybankx enemyofprogress KingLennon habbyy03 chiiraq802 akeeen haywhy28 HzRF Victornezzar szen offishialpablo ekhai nogoodadvice Dabossman iamharkinwaley EverGlorious CaptPlanet kstyle2 annie74 CecyAdrian creamylicious allylic uzoexcel Evaberry jennybarbie aytigidz433

2 Likes

Re: What Should Pogba Have Done Differently by KinzyeWriter(m): 12:33pm On Dec 06, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

Pogba didn't go for the ball, he was with the ball, Bellerin tried to impede him.

Every analyst has his opinion.
The question is what could Pogba have done differently and what precedent is Bellerin trying to set with such awkward positioning.
If all Defenders adopt this approach be prepared to see a lot of REDS
Your brain is working 100% perfectly.

1 Like

Re: What Should Pogba Have Done Differently by Crownadex(m): 5:13pm On Dec 10, 2017
AndrewFarms:

Paul pogba is only human, if you check the timer, you'll see that he only had 2 seconds to react to either jump up, or stop running and we all know that the 2 seconds would have been enough if he was the flash buh unfortunately he isn't (damn.... i wish he was...)
even if he did slow down, stepping on the opponent was still inevitable.... so i would say this is a deliberate action by the opponent to get him booked....
this isnt monkey post so bellerin had no right to go down the way that he did....

what do you think guys....

cc

Donaldduke2019 hardon monolisa185 desquad bmvees Alexchubee Apcmyheart bettercreature ammyluv2002 Crownadex ekhai aieromon Dominique Lesbianboy jusmudi gentle136 Lesbianboy hardon kyase monolisa185 seunny4lif desquad andrewfarms Tvegas hardeycute seunny4lif Proudlyngwa youdondeymad sirfee Geestunnar Ivanlxi don4yeHERSLEY Lily4star Khutie Bibidear dfrost Keneking tripoli007 greatmarshall lomprico ztanleechima Tychamps oluwaseyi000 tolufase zinachidi Ivanlxi arejibadz myners007 jtigwell0 lalasticlala RRWraith Kabeeru abeliver Maximus85 Adaumunocha ibolomo CrEaToRmaldenKingLennon iamharkinwaley mansakhalifa Lh19 HamiidLyon chawtinz xynerise Nelsizzy architectHUrSH ottohan richybankx enemyofprogress KingLennon habbyy03 chiiraq802 akeeen haywhy28 HzRF Victornezzar szen offishialpablo ekhai nogoodadvice Dabossman iamharkinwaley EverGlorious CaptPlanet kstyle2 annie74 CecyAdrian creamylicious allylic uzoexcel Evaberry jennybarbie aytigidz433
in fact I don't really know what to say about that red card but we will surely miss that guy 2day

1 Like

Re: What Should Pogba Have Done Differently by AndrewFarms(m): 5:26pm On Dec 10, 2017
Crownadex:
in fact I don't really know what to say about that red card but we will surely miss that guy 2day

the thunder wey won fire the ref still dey do warmup

(1) (Reply)

Diego, Fabian Or Ridge? / Thrilling Uefa Champions Semi-final Draw Bayern-barça And Dortmund-real / Revealed: The Surprising Clause In Falcao's United Contract

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.