Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,516 members, 7,808,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:35 PM

Southsouth Governors Insist On Secondus For PDP Chair - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southsouth Governors Insist On Secondus For PDP Chair (12780 Views)

Pressure Mounts On Secondus To Resign / Katsina Refinery: SouthSouth Governors, PANDEF Speak On Anti-Buhari Report / Udom Emmanuel Emerges Chairman Of Southeast-Southsouth Governors’ Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Southsouth Governors Insist On Secondus For PDP Chair by dre11(m): 12:47am On Dec 05, 2017
• No special concession for Atiku, says Makarfi

•For PDP, it’s a week of anxiety

•Will PDP convention be hitch-free?

•Why Atiku may not vote at PDP convention

•I’m most qualified to lead PDP, says Secondus

•George preaches unity as Lagos endorses him

Posted By: Bisi Olaniyi

Southsouth Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) leaders yesterday vowed to fight to the death for the party’s chairman.

The zone’s governors and leaders said they would attend Saturday’s national convention as a united front. They are backing former Interim Chairman Uche Secondus for the coveted seat.

Their stand has paved the way for a major crisis, with Southwest aspirants warming up to fight for the seat.

The party chiefs spoke at the PDP Zonal Congress hosted in Port Harcourt by Governor Nyesom Wike.

Besides Secondus and Chief Raymond Dokpesi, all other chairmanship aspirants are from the Southwest, which is seeking the micro zoning of the position to the region, being the only one yet to produce a chairman since the PDP was founded in 1998.

One of the Southsouth leaders and one-time Foreign Affairs Minister, Chief Tom Ikimi, said the PDP could not “afford to allow the Southwest produce the chairman because it is prone to crises.” He did not elaborate.

Senate Minority Leader Senator Godswill Akpabio said for the stability of the PDP, it was necessary for the chairman to come from the Southsouth.

“It is important we stabilise the PDP. That is why we need a chairman of PDP from the Southsouth, “ he said.

Wike said the PDP was existing because of the “investment and commitment” of its Southsouth members and leaders.

He urged PDP members from other zones to extend their gratitude to leaders and members of the PDP from the Southsouth for their commitment to the party’s survival.

He added: “If PDP leaders and members from the Southsouth are not committed, there wouldn’t have been PDP today.

”It is important that PDP members from other zones of the country congratulate Southsouth PDP members for their steadfastness at a time PDP was in crisis “.

He urged PDP members from the Southsouth to remain resolute in their support for the party.

”We are going as a family and we will continue to work as a family. We will not allow any external force to divide the Southsouth. We will continue to be together, “ Wike said.

Bayelsa State Governor Seriake Dickson said: “We are in very trying times. We are in opposition, facing a very fierce and ruthless government at the Federal level. This is a time the governors need your support.”

National Vice Chairman (Southsouth), Mr. Emmanuel Ogidi said that the Southsouth would work with other zones to strengthen the party.

http://thenationonlineng.net/southsouth-governors-insist-secondus-pdp-chair/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southsouth Governors Insist On Secondus For PDP Chair by Mynd44: 4:39am On Dec 05, 2017
This convention though.
Hopefully, it goes well and does not cause a split

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southsouth Governors Insist On Secondus For PDP Chair by AxeLord: 5:08am On Dec 05, 2017
Mynd44:
This convention though.
Hopefully, it will goes well and does not cause a split

Yeah, pray so too bro
Re: Southsouth Governors Insist On Secondus For PDP Chair by AxeLord: 5:08am On Dec 05, 2017
Re: Southsouth Governors Insist On Secondus For PDP Chair by Atiku2019: 5:41am On Dec 05, 2017
cool
Re: Southsouth Governors Insist On Secondus For PDP Chair by luvinhubby(m): 5:44am On Dec 05, 2017
Mynd44:
This convention though.
Hopefully, it will goes well and does not cause a split

Who said that?
Re: Southsouth Governors Insist On Secondus For PDP Chair by luvinhubby(m): 5:47am On Dec 05, 2017
Those lousy governors led by the boisterous Wike have started with their nonsense again. That was how they imposed the show spoiler Sherif on PDP.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southsouth Governors Insist On Secondus For PDP Chair by afroniger: 6:01am On Dec 05, 2017
Whether Secondus wins or not there may be some level of crisis after the convention. But at this rate I see him being rigged-in at all cost because his supporters are very determined to consolidate their hold on the party. Whichever bloc can control the party chairman of PDP will eventually have the final say in party affairs.

1 Like

Re: Southsouth Governors Insist On Secondus For PDP Chair by kingphilip(m): 6:10am On Dec 05, 2017
luvinhubby:

Who said that?
in a bid to make ftc, error happens
Re: Southsouth Governors Insist On Secondus For PDP Chair by yarimo(m): 6:53am On Dec 05, 2017
If they like let them vote ASARI Dokubo as their national chairman, PDP Is dead and already dead since 2015 A.D grin grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southsouth Governors Insist On Secondus For PDP Chair by madridguy(m): 7:01am On Dec 05, 2017
PDP is dead and no amount of kangaroo convention that will bring back the already buried party.

Meanwhile, I see some member of the satanic group going to PANDA abi na APDA after the get together called convention.

20 Likes

Re: Southsouth Governors Insist On Secondus For PDP Chair by ProWalker: 7:08am On Dec 05, 2017
Mynd44:
This convention though.
Hopefully, it goes well and does not cause a split

Take this from me, after the convention, the PDP will be in more crisis than ever before
Whether Firstus or secondus or even thirdus, PDP will always be enmesh in serious deep rooted crisis....mostly crisis of confidence

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Southsouth Governors Insist On Secondus For PDP Chair by Flyingngel(m): 7:31am On Dec 05, 2017
If PDP continue with imposition of candidates what will await them in 2019 will be worst than what they experience in 2015. I don't knw why they can't do the right thing at least once.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southsouth Governors Insist On Secondus For PDP Chair by Bolustical: 7:42am On Dec 05, 2017
Let them give the South East that position because they will never smell that Presidency for the next two decades.

The Senate isn't sure for them either as long as APC remains in power as they will need to provide a ranking Senator from the party which I doubt.

Please tell me Peter Obi or Rochas will win the South alone not to talk of the north.

SE is good at providing PDP national chairmen so they should dash them.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southsouth Governors Insist On Secondus For PDP Chair by Houseofglam7(f): 8:41am On Dec 05, 2017
I no care sha.
Na breakfast I dey find waka undecided
Re: Southsouth Governors Insist On Secondus For PDP Chair by maxiuc(m): 8:41am On Dec 05, 2017
cheesy
Re: Southsouth Governors Insist On Secondus For PDP Chair by Teewhy2: 8:42am On Dec 05, 2017
embarassed undecided
Re: Southsouth Governors Insist On Secondus For PDP Chair by simplemach(m): 8:43am On Dec 05, 2017
I second secondus
Re: Southsouth Governors Insist On Secondus For PDP Chair by Elnino4ladies: 8:44am On Dec 05, 2017
Another wahala looming for PDP

1 Like

Re: Southsouth Governors Insist On Secondus For PDP Chair by lilfreezy: 8:44am On Dec 05, 2017
I hope they sort it out ASAP. However they made a point about the south West, they know how to self-destruct and can't be trusted to lead if they are 2faced

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southsouth Governors Insist On Secondus For PDP Chair by donlucabrazi(m): 8:50am On Dec 05, 2017
embarassed

PDP will never learn. Instead of them to capitalise on APC's waning popularity, they are there hustling for crumbs. One would have thought they learnt a bitter lesson from the last leadership tussle, but no; they still tow the same conniving, greedy and treacherous path that nearly led to their annihilation. What a greedy bunch

If they cannot put their house in order and give the evil APC a run for their money, then they are the Architects of their own failure.

Foolish politicians.......

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southsouth Governors Insist On Secondus For PDP Chair by DeLaRue: 9:13am On Dec 05, 2017
If I was a PDP supporter, I might wonder if a SW PDP chairman at this very crucial moment for the party is the best.

And, there's one reason for that...TINUBU!

A very wily operator with access to enormous private resources to buy up any PDP chairman from the SW.

Even Buhari may put Federal govt resources in Tinubu's hands to buy up any SW PDP chairman grin

I know these are wild speculations but, this is Nigeria.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southsouth Governors Insist On Secondus For PDP Chair by Bevista: 9:13am On Dec 05, 2017
So many blocs forming ahead of the convention. The greatest challenge of whoever wins is to unify the various disgruntled blocs, else it'll be a really long road for the party.

2 Likes

Re: Southsouth Governors Insist On Secondus For PDP Chair by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 05, 2017
Bolustical:
Let them give the South East that position because they will never smell that Presidency for the next two decades.

The Senate isn't sure for them either as long as APC remains in power as they will need to provide a ranking Senator from the party which I doubt.

Please tell me Peter Obi or Rochas will win the South alone not to talk of the north.

SE is good at providing PDP national chairmen so they should dash them.

You have said the obvious truth. Just wait for one igbo cretin called mightyhazel, he would begin to call his family members psychotic patients because you said the truth about Igbo Presidency. I like igbos’ optimism though. They have been deceiving themselves after the failure of the Biafra adventure that they would win the Presidency in 2023. I don’t know who they expect to vote for them, whether it is the afonja or abok!.

15 Likes

Re: Southsouth Governors Insist On Secondus For PDP Chair by Hector09(m): 9:17am On Dec 05, 2017
Pdp have more followers here in south south than any other regions in nigeria, even if pdp presend a goat as a candidate, they we still defeat apc if its free nd fair here in the south south, so they should gv secondus the post
Re: Southsouth Governors Insist On Secondus For PDP Chair by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 05, 2017
He who pays d keyboardist picks d key to sing on... And as a keyboardist,u must learn to play all keys or learn transposing... Dis guvnors pay d bill,neglect dia wishes and ur chairmanship tenure go jus b like oyegun own.... No money for u in d secretariat.. Dats y am sure say Na secondus get d post....

Re: Southsouth Governors Insist On Secondus For PDP Chair by reuben79: 9:18am On Dec 05, 2017
noted,politics is do me and do u........its game of intrest.....if southwest dragg vice president with southsouth and southeast in dis coming election,don,t call them betrayers
Re: Southsouth Governors Insist On Secondus For PDP Chair by Nobody: 9:19am On Dec 05, 2017
DeLaRue:
If I was a PDP supporter, I might wonder if a SW PDP chairman at this very crucial moment for the party is the best.

A very wily operator with access to enormous private resources to buy up any PDP chairman from the SW.

Even Buhari may put Federal govt resources in Tinubu's hands to buy up any SW PDP chairman grin

The SS/SE can have both the Chairmanship and the Presidency of the Country sef. It would just cement the dead status of the party. I want the secondus man to win so that we yorubas can mind our business.

8 Likes

Re: Southsouth Governors Insist On Secondus For PDP Chair by MrMystrO(m): 9:21am On Dec 05, 2017
DeLaRue:

Lol u see am well brother!

2 Likes

Re: Southsouth Governors Insist On Secondus For PDP Chair by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 05, 2017
reuben79:
noted,politics is do me and do u........its game of intrest.....if southwest dragg vice president with southsouth and southeast in dis coming election,don,t call them betrayers

I want them to win the Chairmanship sef so that Fayose can scatter the party when it is time to choose VP. Fayose is waiting is the wings and watching all that is happening.

8 Likes

Re: Southsouth Governors Insist On Secondus For PDP Chair by ProWalker: 9:24am On Dec 05, 2017
Hector09:
Pdp have more followers here in south south than any other regions in nigeria, even if pdp presend a goat as a candidate, they we still defeat apc if its free nd fair here in the south south, so they should gv secondus the post

Politics don’t work like that.

(1) (2) (Reply)

EndSARS: Government Has Failed To Resolve Issues, Police Brutality - Saraki / 2023: N100m Nomination Form Fee With Minimum Wage At N30k Is ‘Immoral’ – Falana / Peter Obi Phones Are Not Missing, Disregard The Fake News —Obidatti Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.