Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

Timon Chukwuemeka Recounts Ordeal With SARS - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Timon Chukwuemeka Recounts Ordeal With SARS (38628 Views)

We Paid Our Kidnappers ₦91M — Abuja Music Band Leader Recounts Ordeal / Abuja-Kaduna Train Attack: Mustapha Umar Imam Recounts Ordeal In Terror Den / Man Attacked And Stabbed At Football Viewing Center, Recounts Ordeal. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Timon Chukwuemeka Recounts Ordeal With SARS by Nobody: 12:52pm On Dec 05, 2017
AntiWailer:

That is not true bro.

I encountered them once. They left me after identification and plenty talks with stupid questions like "Where did you get this car and how did you get money to buy it ?"

Say I am lucky or whatever but as annoying as they sounded and i almost lost it. They did not touch me.

Not saying they should be left that way but they should be reformed and not proscribed.

Don't misquote me.

This ia a Nationwide thing besides the nothern region and i never said they will always destroy your ID card. They do it regularly by telling you it's fake.
Re: Timon Chukwuemeka Recounts Ordeal With SARS by 1miccza: 12:55pm On Dec 05, 2017
AntiWailer:

So if you are in charge you will not have an anti robbery squad again because of hash tags ?

He can always reconstitute an entirely new anti robbery squad that's devoid of all the inconsistencies or device new means of tackling crime.
Re: Timon Chukwuemeka Recounts Ordeal With SARS by didijay(m): 12:58pm On Dec 05, 2017
Does this guy look like a criminal? Because their Oga ( police public relations officer) says that those calling for EndSars are criminals
Re: Timon Chukwuemeka Recounts Ordeal With SARS by Wizipro09(m): 1:03pm On Dec 05, 2017
my brother we are with u,let dem go home,or better,jail
Re: Timon Chukwuemeka Recounts Ordeal With SARS by Ournolly: 1:05pm On Dec 05, 2017
I have not seen set of heartless people than those useless sars thugs.
Re: Timon Chukwuemeka Recounts Ordeal With SARS by Josmila(m): 1:10pm On Dec 05, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
It seems 75% of Nigerians had had a bitter experience with these licensed armed robbers a.k.a SARS?? God help me oh, I no get strength oh embarassed

Reason my shirts are never tucked out when I'm out to work, especially when I'm with a backpack containing my laptop. I can't be statistics mbok.
Re: Timon Chukwuemeka Recounts Ordeal With SARS by Awoo88: 1:16pm On Dec 05, 2017
madridguy:
SARS are doing well but the bad eggs among them are really painting them black.
They stationed their vehicle infront of almost banks around my hood hunting for yahuu boys and you see them harassing everybody. To carry phone is a big problem not to talk of other gadgets.
You cannot buy new cloth again because of Sars.

Naija don tire me.
Sars no day do any well. Never had an encounter with them but a friend did. Each time I recall his condition when he came back after about one week with one part of his body bigger than the other and looking very white, my prayer is that no innocent person should experience Sars but real criminals
Re: Timon Chukwuemeka Recounts Ordeal With SARS by lebete3000: 1:16pm On Dec 05, 2017
dainformant:
Following the #EndSARS campaign against the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), a sports reporter and presenter at Sports Radio Brila FM, Ohagwu Timon ChukwuEmeka, has recounted his encounter with the security operatives while returning from Uyo, Akwa Ibom state where he had gone to cover the World Cup qualifiers against Zambia...

SARS operatives have been accused by Nigerians of brutality, molestation and extortion - hence the campaign to 'end the anti-robbery unit'...

Read below what the Sports presenter, ChukwuEmeka shared on Facebook;

My SARS Experience

I was returning from Uyo after the World Cup qualifiers against Zambia. Somewhere along the journey, I decided to buy bottle water to quench my thirst, then the film started

Act One, Scene One: It was a SARS check point, and I was buying one bottle water with 1000naira, the guy's eyes came alive, and he said to me, "Starboy abeg come down come show me your bag"

Well, even as a journalist I understand not to argue with anyone with a gun adiamama, so I came down, showed him my bag. He signalled the others like, "Maga don land"

They became courteous, carried my bags for me into their office, one of them started questioning me, "Confess wetin dey your bag before we start to search", I had nothing on me and did not know how they would react if I told them I was a journalist, so I held back and allowed them play their hand..

One of them rushed in, overtly excited and screamed at the one questioning me, "Collect him phone search am na, na Starboy wey him be"... I decided I had had enough, and told them I was a journalist who went to Uyo to cover the Super Eagles game, the mood in room changed immediately, then I brought out my ID, in that moment they discovered I was a pressman

The man who rushed into the room was crestfallen, he left immediately in disappointment, obviously to go look for the next victim, the one questioning me looked at me and said, "Super Eagles win nahh, na una Amaju give all the money, me self nah Nigerian"

In that moment, the one at the checkpoint walked into the room and said,, "Oga Pressman, make we at least share that water change", as an Eko boy, I knew there was no leaving there without parting ways with something, so with 500naira and a handshake the producer screamed cut, and the movie was over...

I was lucky, many others are not that lucky, though I believe a whollistic reform is more realistic...

I nevertheless join millions of Nigerians to say #ENDSARSNOW

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/12/journalist-recounts-ordeal-sars-operatives-returning-official-duty.html

Infact Nigeria as a whole needs to either be ended or restructured.

1 Like

Re: Timon Chukwuemeka Recounts Ordeal With SARS by 400billionman: 1:18pm On Dec 05, 2017
See as I deh laugh.
Re: Timon Chukwuemeka Recounts Ordeal With SARS by holuphisayor(m): 1:21pm On Dec 05, 2017
Never let any security official especially NDLEA carry Ur bag for u cos dey might stuff Ur bag with substances. Be careful.
Re: Timon Chukwuemeka Recounts Ordeal With SARS by Phi001(m): 1:22pm On Dec 05, 2017
AntiWailer:

So if you are in charge you will not have an anti robbery squad again because of hash tags ?
What concerns them with yahoo boys if they are an anti-robbery squad?

You don't see FBI doing CIA's job.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Timon Chukwuemeka Recounts Ordeal With SARS by AntiWailer: 1:35pm On Dec 05, 2017
Phi001:

What concerns them with yahoo boys if they are an anti-robbery squad?

You don't see FBI doing CIA's job.

In one of my posts, I mentioned that we need to know their rules of engagement and where it starts or stop.

You are talking yahoo boys. They even tell u you if you can not produce your insurance papers, they want to lock you up until you bribe them.

I am not supporting their brutality.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Timon Chukwuemeka Recounts Ordeal With SARS by madridguy(m): 1:36pm On Dec 05, 2017
Don't know jare grin

one4GOD:
so when are you packing as e don tire you so? grin grin grin
Re: Timon Chukwuemeka Recounts Ordeal With SARS by Nobody: 1:51pm On Dec 05, 2017
julimax:
In as much as I don't subscribe to SARS brutality and extortion as their method of policing, I still prefer we use #REFORMSARS not #ENDSARS.

Cos we still have to check crime. Unless we want criminals to roam freely

Mr man in order to get to the clouds, you have to aim for the moon. This is how people like you killed restructuring by opposing Ipob that was the only source of pressure for government.

Political agents of APC darkness.

1 Like

Re: Timon Chukwuemeka Recounts Ordeal With SARS by odigbosky(m): 2:16pm On Dec 05, 2017
nerodenero:
This #EndSARS will mark the beginning of the end of SARS. I saw this on twitter and I thought I share.

No b lie oooo bros....dem dy load from ring road to textile mill road wella. There was a day my uncle had an encounter with them at textile mill road. They arrested him for walking anyhow in the night....The time was just 8pm. Na so dem bundle by bros enta Bus...chai doze guys no get joy at all...
The ones wen dy GRA or sapele road for Benin, those ones dy use jazz....dem go stop you dy search ur text message for ur torch lite fone....#EndSARS

1 Like

Re: Timon Chukwuemeka Recounts Ordeal With SARS by kjhova(m): 2:16pm On Dec 05, 2017
madridguy:
They stationed their vehicle infront of almost banks around my hood hunting for yahuu boys and you see them harassing everybody. To carry phone is a big problem not to talk of other gadgets.

Naija don tire me.

SARS are not doing well.

The entire shabang are bad eggs! Not one godamn member of that damned rogue organization has conscience!!
Re: Timon Chukwuemeka Recounts Ordeal With SARS by Ezyp(m): 2:18pm On Dec 05, 2017
julimax:
In as much as I don't subscribe to SARS brutality and extortion as their method of policing, I still prefer we use #REFORMSARS not #ENDSARS.

Cos we still have to check crime. Unless we want criminals to roam freely
But bro, these SARS are criminals roaming freely
Re: Timon Chukwuemeka Recounts Ordeal With SARS by odigbosky(m): 2:27pm On Dec 05, 2017
ollah1:

Don't misquote me.

This ia a Nationwide thing besides the nothern region and i never said they will always destroy your ID card. They do it regularly by telling you it's fake.

SARS arrested one woman in Benin for driving her husband car. They ask her identify herself she did, she gave them her ID card and they refuse to give it back to her saying it was fake. She even called her husband and he spoke with them on d fone dy refused. They took the woman to their station. The husband had to get a lawyer to come bail his wife....No pray to enter Sas trao bcus dy are fools...dy only fear lawyers and pressmen
Re: Timon Chukwuemeka Recounts Ordeal With SARS by odigbosky(m): 2:31pm On Dec 05, 2017
If you are driving and you hear that armed robbers are at your front and there is a SARS check point behind you...it is adviced that you just drive straight and meet with those robbers because those guys are very civil in dealing with human beings bcus SARs go just waste u troway

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Timon Chukwuemeka Recounts Ordeal With SARS by w3bh4ck: 2:43pm On Dec 05, 2017
marooh:
Heheh na una go still beg them to come back When all this cultist will prevail grin
You better keep quiet......
Re: Timon Chukwuemeka Recounts Ordeal With SARS by kjhova(m): 2:48pm On Dec 05, 2017
Awoo88:

Sars no day do any well. Never had an encounter with them but a friend did. Each time I recall his condition when he came back after about one week with one part of his body bigger than the other and looking very white, my prayer is that no innocent person should experience Sars but real criminals

Nobody can ever have any thing other than negative expirience with SARS.

One day, I think it was in 2011, we were returning from a colleague's dad's burial in Akure when my boss' car had a fault around Ogere on Lagos/Ibadan Expressway. While the mechanics were fixing the fault, I sat by some off duty SARS guys under a shade to eat bread and sardines. These guys were gisting away, like I didn't even exist, about folks they have killed. How they robbed some late night traveller off N400K and merchandise, how their new boss is an obonte and how bizz has been slow under him, how "any maga wey cross my way...me, I go faya am!"

I developed cold chills on many levels and couldn't even swallow conveniently less they turn their attention to me. I left Ogere that afternoon with the impression that I'd rather be attacked by highway robbers than be left in the care of SARS.

#EndSARS

5 Likes

Re: Timon Chukwuemeka Recounts Ordeal With SARS by centboy123456(m): 2:57pm On Dec 05, 2017
ebothom:
did I just see #reform SARS cheesy cheesy

yes u just did
Re: Timon Chukwuemeka Recounts Ordeal With SARS by louiskay(m): 2:59pm On Dec 05, 2017
Babasola Kuti
@SKSolaKuti 6h
Don’t let this clueless IGP deceive you people. We did not say reform SARS We said # EndSARS Our message was deliberate Reforming sars in like spraying perfume on shiit. Before SARS did our police not catch armed robbers, kidnappers & murderers?

spraying perfume on shiit.... that statement really weak me

2 Likes

Re: Timon Chukwuemeka Recounts Ordeal With SARS by Raintaker(m): 3:07pm On Dec 05, 2017
This happened in Osun State:
My younger bro was sent to the bank to pay some amount into an account, he came back and told everyone he paid but he can't the Teller.
The person who is supposed to receive the money has been calling that he is yet to see the alert.
I was suspicious that something is wrong, on further pressing, we found out that the boy did not even get to the bank and SARS people collected the money from him on his way claiming he was a Y boy.
He was too scared of the SARS people to report that they took the money from him at First.

SARS feeds on People's ignorance and Fear
#End SARS Now
Re: Timon Chukwuemeka Recounts Ordeal With SARS by Awoo88: 3:08pm On Dec 05, 2017
kjhova:

Nobody can ever have any thing other than negative expirience with SARS.

One day, I think it was in 2011, we were returning from a colleague's dad's burial in Akure when my boss' car had a fault around Ogere on Lagos/Ibadan Expressway. While the mechanics were fixing the fault, I sat by some off duty SARS guys under a shade to eat bread and sardines. These guys were gisting away, like I didn't even exist, about folks they have killed. How they robbed some late night traveller off N400K and merchandise, how their new boss is an obonte and how bizz has been slow under him, how "any maga wey cross my way...me, I go faya am!"

I developed cold chills on many levels and couldn't even swallow conveniently less they turn their attention to me. I left Ogere that afternoon with the impression that I'd rather be attacked by highway robbers than be left in the care of SARS.

#EndSARS
Those guys are worst than armed robbers. During my time in Benin, I was warn to always carry my laptop receipt with me. Those guys will stop and demand for receipt of your phone and laptop. Dem no day take see apple products. I had to stop carrying my laptop even though I really needed it for work.
Re: Timon Chukwuemeka Recounts Ordeal With SARS by kpaofame: 3:30pm On Dec 05, 2017
nerodenero:
This #EndSARS will mark the beginning of the end of SARS. I saw this on twitter and I thought I share.

True talk...happens in Benin and Warri
Re: Timon Chukwuemeka Recounts Ordeal With SARS by dohhnutt1(m): 3:56pm On Dec 05, 2017
issokay!

Re: Timon Chukwuemeka Recounts Ordeal With SARS by marooh: 4:35pm On Dec 05, 2017
w3bh4ck:

You better keep quiet......

Who ever run when they catch the thief is the original robber.

Are u a cultist? grin
Re: Timon Chukwuemeka Recounts Ordeal With SARS by generalmike1759(m): 6:06pm On Dec 05, 2017
AntiWailer:

Are u just advertising your stupidity?... The hashtags are the simplest and most efective ways Nigerians can protest and not get shot at by the useless SARS robbers....
They shot a comrade of mine in 2015 at the University of Port Harcourt during a protest by students,right before me!
They shouldn't just end it, the should destroy every trace of it.
#destroySARSnow
Re: Timon Chukwuemeka Recounts Ordeal With SARS by AntiWailer: 6:25pm On Dec 05, 2017
generalmike1759:

Are u just advertising your stupidity?... The hashtags are the simplest and most efective ways Nigerians can protest and not get shot at by the useless SARS robbers....
They shot a comrade of mine in 2015 at the University of Port Harcourt during a protest by students,right before me!
They shouldn't just end it, the should destroy every trace of it.
#destroySARSnow

Destroy SARS. Not only your comrades. Armed robbers dey provoke too. Use your head.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Timon Chukwuemeka Recounts Ordeal With SARS by BraniacX(m): 6:29pm On Dec 05, 2017
madridguy:

Naija don tire me.

Bad eggs? undecided

Point out just one good egg please
Re: Timon Chukwuemeka Recounts Ordeal With SARS by BraniacX(m): 6:34pm On Dec 05, 2017
#endsarsnow!

I am not waiting to become a victim before i protest

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Two Women Steal Clothes In A Boutique, Hide Them In Their Underwear. Photos / Woman Fakes Pregnancy In Ilorin, Kwara For 9 Months / Client Ties Lagos Prostitute's Neck With Rope, Tries To Kill Her After Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.