Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:53 PM

Please Help Stop Exploitation Of Ekiti State University Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please Help Stop Exploitation Of Ekiti State University Students (15992 Views)

Group Moves Against Sexual Exploitation, To Install Queen Of Nigerian Institutio / EXPOSED: Shocking Exploitation Of Parents At Caleb British International School / Sexual Exploitation Of Female Students. (A Lecturer's Side Of The Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Stop Exploitation Of Ekiti State University Students by dadebayo1(m): 6:54am On Dec 05, 2017
I just came across the screenshot below. I dont understand why a state University should charge over 100k.. What for? Majority of the so called leaders benefitted from free education and the best they can give back is neck breaking tuition fees which parents that have not received salary cannot afford.. Too bad..

Cc Lalastica

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help Stop Exploitation Of Ekiti State University Students by izzou(m): 7:00am On Dec 05, 2017
You were making sense,until you said education should be free angry

Go to the developed countries. Their best tertiary institutions are freaking expensive

Knowledge is never cheap. Yes, the government can make it cheap,but lets not insist it should be that way

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help Stop Exploitation Of Ekiti State University Students by KushyKush: 7:00am On Dec 05, 2017
Ekiti state University is a fraud.

Trust me I know this because i was a student of that God forsaken, no future school. The only good thing about that school is the every Friday concerts and runz girls in town. cry

I paid money for excursion I never attended one cry

I paid money for library, them still request for another 2k for ID card cry

I paid money for School ID card, I never got one until I did myself (when SARS operatives in town almost drained my account)

Sports whey no dey functional, them dey collect money

I don't even live in the school hostel, yet them collect HEALTH CENTER money for my hand.

When I was offering ICT course back in 200lvl, we never for once did any practical. Na so so theory. (Thank God for yahoo guys undecided)

Upon all, we still stay in substandard classes with old fans and faded walls.

E no go better for that school!

They use students as a source of income. The lecturers sell handouts at expensive prices and will fail you automatically if you don't get one.

Me don collect my Paper already the school admin go blow lass lass ni. cry

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help Stop Exploitation Of Ekiti State University Students by donlucabrazi(m): 7:02am On Dec 05, 2017
Quality Education is not cheap anywhere! Go check the cost of obtaining a Degree in an Ivy League School

Ekiti State University, is a state University that is struggling with issues of funding. besides, what's the value of the Naira in the present economy? Put all these factors together and you will realise those fees are not unreasonable

The pressure should rather be on Federal Universities who receive huge subventions from the Federal government including a robust IGR, yet have low standards. Most State owned Universities in Nigeria are barely surviving....

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please Help Stop Exploitation Of Ekiti State University Students by Nobody: 7:03am On Dec 05, 2017
If they dont "exploit you" who will?

But wait 171k ke?
If it was like this during my time by now I for be mechanic or shoemaker...and they are noble professions.
Na 8k be my last school fees.....and I still grumbled.

171 go last me two years plus housing feeding beer and oshos.

6 Likes

Re: Please Help Stop Exploitation Of Ekiti State University Students by Becoted001(m): 7:03am On Dec 05, 2017
The funniest part of the school fee breakdown, the students will repay the breakdown of the school fee to the various departments after including it to their fees e.g GST, Portal fees and so on.

Fayose really need money to campaign for his presidential ambition and his deputy ambition(Governorship).

They are owing their workers six months salaries and expect them to pay that exorbitant fee.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help Stop Exploitation Of Ekiti State University Students by Rochas2023: 7:03am On Dec 05, 2017
Education is never free, however we should create schools that will take care of the 'not well off' people, people who desire to go to school but have no money.

There are few people thinking abt this, people doing something abt this, example is Rochas foundation.
Re: Please Help Stop Exploitation Of Ekiti State University Students by Ndubuisi1075: 7:03am On Dec 05, 2017
I hope they have stomach infrastructure there. Let there be education infrastructure too.
Re: Please Help Stop Exploitation Of Ekiti State University Students by ANBAKO: 7:04am On Dec 05, 2017
Reminds me of when I wanted to do Pre-Degree In this same OSUA, UNAD now EKSU, which was 10k then...

Education should not be free but the quality of service delivery should be commensurate to the tuition.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Stop Exploitation Of Ekiti State University Students by DrayZee: 7:05am On Dec 05, 2017
izzou:

Go to the developed countries. Their best tertiary institutions are freaking expensive

Knowledge is never cheap. Yes, the government can make cheap,but lets not insist it should be that way

Nigerians like free things in general. It's like they think Nigeria has all the money in the world.
In some other countries, parents save millions over years in preparation to send their children to good universities. While here in Nigeria, they are looking for how to pay 20k a year for education. Yet, they expect education here and abroad to be the same.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help Stop Exploitation Of Ekiti State University Students by SkgeeBoss(m): 7:06am On Dec 05, 2017
Its Alright...
Re: Please Help Stop Exploitation Of Ekiti State University Students by emmie14: 7:07am On Dec 05, 2017
dadebayo1:
I just came across the screenshot below. I dont understand why a state University should charge over 100k.. What for? Majority of the so called leaders benefitted from free education and the best they can give back is neck breaking tuition fees which parents that have not received salary cannot afford.. Too bad..

Cc Lalastica

Ok
Re: Please Help Stop Exploitation Of Ekiti State University Students by Nobody: 7:08am On Dec 05, 2017
izzou:

Knowledge is never cheap. Yes, the government can make cheap,but lets not insist it should be that way

He said majority of our current leaders benefited from free education programs and he wonders why such set of people should now make education expensive considering the current situation of the nation

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Stop Exploitation Of Ekiti State University Students by pointstores(m): 7:08am On Dec 05, 2017
nigeria and 419 are 5 and 6
Re: Please Help Stop Exploitation Of Ekiti State University Students by Nobody: 7:08am On Dec 05, 2017
idiot skul dat I Applied for
My 65.62 dem.no wan gimme Admission
Eksu thunder will fire u pple
I am certain
U pple cannot just pity my situation
I don call una tire
Wicked pple
Money making school
5,500 weh I for use chop collect beta nutrient
Re: Please Help Stop Exploitation Of Ekiti State University Students by Nobody: 7:09am On Dec 05, 2017
EKSU, the highest amount I paid in eksu was 47250, but everything seems to be changing.

They still run the school like an advanced secondary school
Re: Please Help Stop Exploitation Of Ekiti State University Students by zurielsam(m): 7:09am On Dec 05, 2017
just come to KWASU to see their fee
Re: Please Help Stop Exploitation Of Ekiti State University Students by Nobody: 7:09am On Dec 05, 2017
@ OP should have given more informations abt d post because d price above was the lowest from by the freshers. If u were given admission into my Faculty(law) u will pay more than this. Acceptance : 105k, School fees : 200k+ and u will still pay faculty due, dpt due etc

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Stop Exploitation Of Ekiti State University Students by mccoy47(m): 7:11am On Dec 05, 2017
Yet he gvs bread n kpomo to the residents
Re: Please Help Stop Exploitation Of Ekiti State University Students by ipobarecriminals: 7:12am On Dec 05, 2017
sad how many pipu dey use library, engage in sports. etc?do dey return caution fee?Instead, dey'll still collect alumni association due b4 u exit.Is it nit Ekiti kete uni i knw inside out?Tufia!
Re: Please Help Stop Exploitation Of Ekiti State University Students by ehinmowo: 7:12am On Dec 05, 2017
My problem is not the money, it's their standard. Freaking poor standard with high fee. A sch where 50k buys higher CGPA. Wit 50k a third becomes 2:2 and 2:2 becomes 2:1

Re: Please Help Stop Exploitation Of Ekiti State University Students by Daddycoded: 7:13am On Dec 05, 2017
alrightttttt
Re: Please Help Stop Exploitation Of Ekiti State University Students by Nobody: 7:17am On Dec 05, 2017
Nigerian educational system is in shambles.
Re: Please Help Stop Exploitation Of Ekiti State University Students by IMASTEX: 7:17am On Dec 05, 2017
Where are SARS now? Daylight rubbery
Re: Please Help Stop Exploitation Of Ekiti State University Students by iswallker(m): 7:19am On Dec 05, 2017
Mikelowe:

He said majority of our current leaders benefited from free education programs and he wonders why such set of people should now make education expensive considering the current situation of the nation

Nothing is free my brother. Government was making the money available. Few people were in university compared to present day.

Stop clamoring for 20k education per annum, so you don't get a certificate worth 20k.

shocked

1 Like

Re: Please Help Stop Exploitation Of Ekiti State University Students by ipobarecriminals: 7:19am On Dec 05, 2017
ehinmowo:
My problem is not the money, it's their standard. Freaking poor standard with high fee. A sch where 50k buys higher CGPA. Wit 50k a third becomes 2:2 and 2:2 becomes 2:1
u can upgrade dat in faculty of management sci like d crowded. Acc,Bus adm not science/ Arts.
Re: Please Help Stop Exploitation Of Ekiti State University Students by Emmytes(m): 7:19am On Dec 05, 2017
The earlier we realize that quality education is not cheap, the better for us.

If you cannot afford the fees, learn a vocational skill or trade and be useful to the society. We are churning out unemployable graduates in their millions every year and I ask, to what benefit?? What good is a piece of paper in this modern times with an empty brain.

The era when education was the best escape route out of poverty is gone. We need highly skilled artisans and entrepreneurs to move forward, not university graduates.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help Stop Exploitation Of Ekiti State University Students by Daddycoded: 7:21am On Dec 05, 2017
bumheit:
@ OP should have given more informations abt d post because d price above was the lowest from by the freshers. If u were given admission into my Faculty(law) u will pay more than this. Acceptance : 105k, School fees : 200k+ and u will still pay faculty due, dpt due etc
liar
Re: Please Help Stop Exploitation Of Ekiti State University Students by Edjoshua: 7:21am On Dec 05, 2017
Is there even constant electricity in the school sef
Re: Please Help Stop Exploitation Of Ekiti State University Students by OBAGADAFFI: 7:24am On Dec 05, 2017
grin
Re: Please Help Stop Exploitation Of Ekiti State University Students by helpee(m): 7:25am On Dec 05, 2017
Mikelowe:

how many were they then? Was it not only awolowo and akintola that were in a whole class then?(exaggeration of course) There is nothing like cheap education... What you will get is poor education.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help Stop Exploitation Of Ekiti State University Students by seguno2: 7:26am On Dec 05, 2017
There are no serious youths in the state and school.
Simple.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Linus Osuagwu Quits As Eastern Palm University VC / Sbrs Funtua 1st Admission List Is Out / Adekunle Ajasin University Akungba (AAUA) OPPRESSION

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.