Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

Disgrace Anyone Looking At Your Phone Screen With This - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Disgrace Anyone Looking At Your Phone Screen With This (15716 Views)

Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock / My Phone Screen Turns Off During Calls / White Man Who Gave His Phone To A Black Looking At His Phone, Goes Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Disgrace Anyone Looking At Your Phone Screen With This by Techpaded(f): 7:49am On Dec 05, 2017
The last thing you'd wish for is someone peeking on your smartphone, and annoyingly, this happens almost every time in public transports, events, and other functions. Well, Google is working on a technology dubbed ' electronic screen protector' , which will alert you on the slightest glimpse at your smartphone screen.

The electronic screen protector makes use of the phone's selfie camera together with eye-detecting artificial intelligence to alert and show you the person peeking on your screen. Watch this video to see its amazing work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rchVXWdpVvQ

As you can see from the video, the software interrupted a Google messaging app to catch the peeper red-handed through the front camera view. He/she will be given a Snapchat-esque vomit rainbow on their face. What a disgrace!

According to Google researchers, Hee Jung Ryu and Florian Schroff, the system can recognize a person’s gaze in just 2 milliseconds.

This will surely be welcomed with open arms once available to the public, as the peeping perpetrators will even feel ashamed once they find out they've been busted, and gradually this bad habit will be curbed.

Source: https://www.techpaded.com.ng/2017/12/disgrace-anyone-looking-at-your-phone.html

8 Likes

Re: Disgrace Anyone Looking At Your Phone Screen With This by Nobody: 7:50am On Dec 05, 2017
This is bad news for some. Whistle blowing go reduce

4 Likes

Re: Disgrace Anyone Looking At Your Phone Screen With This by Techpaded(f): 7:51am On Dec 05, 2017
Seun, Lalasticlala

2 Shares

Re: Disgrace Anyone Looking At Your Phone Screen With This by sinaj(f): 7:53am On Dec 05, 2017
So sombori cannot spy a lil in peace again

32 Likes

Re: Disgrace Anyone Looking At Your Phone Screen With This by Nobody: 7:57am On Dec 05, 2017
Useless development!!!

3 Likes

Re: Disgrace Anyone Looking At Your Phone Screen With This by festwiz(m): 8:35am On Dec 05, 2017
It will just consume alot of power and it will still be inaccurate if your selfie camera does not have a wide-angle lens. It's a welcome development though.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disgrace Anyone Looking At Your Phone Screen With This by Techpaded(f): 9:20am On Dec 05, 2017
sinaj:
So sombori cannot spy a lil in peace again

haha! she'll be busted with this system.. �

2 Likes

Re: Disgrace Anyone Looking At Your Phone Screen With This by Blissyblazer(m): 9:55am On Dec 05, 2017
my Homtom HT17 pro takes d selfie of any one trying to peek on my phone once d phone is on idle mode
Re: Disgrace Anyone Looking At Your Phone Screen With This by Treasure17(m): 10:34am On Dec 05, 2017
Nice one.
Re: Disgrace Anyone Looking At Your Phone Screen With This by DOUBLEWAHALA: 10:55am On Dec 05, 2017
I don't know why all of you people are congratulating

I can't biliv u people have forgotten so soon that

we don't need these sh!t

1 Like

Re: Disgrace Anyone Looking At Your Phone Screen With This by MarkWayne89: 11:28am On Dec 05, 2017
What if that person wears glasses?

If the app is uses eye-tracking technology, it won't be able to detect that person looking at your phone.

5 Likes

Re: Disgrace Anyone Looking At Your Phone Screen With This by Joseunlimited(f): 12:22pm On Dec 05, 2017
Open the link on my signature

All you need is log in with you wallet ID and it will start mining for free

Check it out below
Free bitcojn mining website
Re: Disgrace Anyone Looking At Your Phone Screen With This by Forceup(f): 12:29pm On Dec 05, 2017
Is that all it will do

It should be able to produce pins and automatically enter the eyes of the intruder...

They should edit it..

undecided undecided

13 Likes

Re: Disgrace Anyone Looking At Your Phone Screen With This by bravesoul247(m): 1:00pm On Dec 05, 2017
I like this jor. I hope I'll be able to put that protection on my Tecno sha.
Re: Disgrace Anyone Looking At Your Phone Screen With This by Playz(m): 1:24pm On Dec 05, 2017
Innovative!
Technology keeps advancing on a daily basis.
cheesy
Re: Disgrace Anyone Looking At Your Phone Screen With This by obatoro: 2:14pm On Dec 05, 2017
The down side of it is that his will it be able to differentiate BTW those spying on your phone and those you ask to take a look.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disgrace Anyone Looking At Your Phone Screen With This by samodan(m): 2:36pm On Dec 05, 2017
festwiz:
It will just consume alot of power and it will still be inaccurate if your selfie camera does not have a wide-angle lens. It's a welcome development though.

Exactly, it's gotta be wide angled for it to work
Because from the description
The people peaking were caught because they were directly behind the user
People spy on you from beside you in a bus
How does this curb that

2 Likes

Re: Disgrace Anyone Looking At Your Phone Screen With This by 411Scope: 4:00pm On Dec 05, 2017
Do you shop online?? Then you have to read this!!!

The internet remains the greatest invention of the 21st Century, its importance and impact on the world cannot be overestimated. From every aspect of human interaction and relationship, the internet has made a mark across all spectrum of human life. Financially, publicly, and even politically, the Internet continues impact nations, communities, institutions, and individuals. The result of this can be seen in the birth of new ideas like e-governance, e-learning, e-banking, and of course, e-commerce, among others. The financial world is also not left out of the drastic changes the internet has brought, the immediate sign of this impact is the rising number of businesses are going online across the world, resulting in the new term e-commerce. The Internet value chain, estimated to worth $5.8t, has brought with it a lot of opportunities in all spheres of life. The E-commerce subsector is reported worth N3.05trn as more and more Nigerians are embracing online shopping systems to procure goods, services, and products. However, this comes with a challenge: the rise of fraudsters who pose as legitimate online stores and fleece unsuspecting individuals of their hard earned cash.

Read more here: https://optimareviews.com/2017/12/05/how-to-identify-a-fraudulent-online-store/

Re: Disgrace Anyone Looking At Your Phone Screen With This by nobsalis: 2:53am On Dec 06, 2017
Blissyblazer:
my Homtom HT17 pro takes d selfie of any one trying to peek on my phone once d phone is on idle mode

Pls am looking for dis ur phone to buy.pls where can I get it and for how much?
Re: Disgrace Anyone Looking At Your Phone Screen With This by Nobody: 6:40am On Dec 06, 2017
Blissyblazer:

undecided

That's the work of an app. This una TomTom phone self

2 Likes

Re: Disgrace Anyone Looking At Your Phone Screen With This by kay29000(m): 7:09am On Dec 06, 2017
Okay.
Re: Disgrace Anyone Looking At Your Phone Screen With This by wildchild02: 7:26am On Dec 06, 2017
Technology is life

Customized Jersey promo, check my signature..Dont miss it
Re: Disgrace Anyone Looking At Your Phone Screen With This by EmmaLege: 7:27am On Dec 06, 2017
WoW cheesy
Re: Disgrace Anyone Looking At Your Phone Screen With This by Premiumwriter: 7:31am On Dec 06, 2017
They should focus more on Android battery, the thing is really frustrating
Re: Disgrace Anyone Looking At Your Phone Screen With This by RonaldKBoles: 7:32am On Dec 06, 2017
It should be able to produce pins and automatically enter the eyes of the intruder...
Re: Disgrace Anyone Looking At Your Phone Screen With This by beautyhd: 7:32am On Dec 06, 2017
I hate it when people peep into my fone. Sometimes I will try to tilt my fone to a difficult angle for them and you see them tilting their heads.

1 Like

Re: Disgrace Anyone Looking At Your Phone Screen With This by OVA200(m): 7:38am On Dec 06, 2017
Wonderful development; Anything from Google is always sweet.
Re: Disgrace Anyone Looking At Your Phone Screen With This by Nobody: 7:47am On Dec 06, 2017
beautyhd:
I hate it when people peep into my fone. Sometimes I will try to tilt my fone to a difficult angle for them and you see them tilting their heads.
Same here. I just dont like it

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mtn Streaming Setting / Samsung Retakes Global Smartphone Lead, Apple Down To Second - Trendforce / Glo Apn Settings For Fast And Stable Internet Connection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.